Start by marking “Otherworld Nights (Otherworld Stories, #3)” as Want to Read:
Otherworld Nights (Otherworld Stories, #3)

Otherworld Nights

(Otherworld Stories #3)

This short story collection includes one brand-new tale, one story previously available only at Kelley Armstrong's website, and re-prints some hard-to-find stories from various anthologies as well as the entire novella Hidden.

"Demonology" - Adam's mother discovers what he is
"Twilight" - a Cassandra & Aaron story from Many Bloody Returns
"Stalked" - Clay & Elena's
Paperback, UK, 351 pages
Published October 7th 2014 by Orbit

To ask other readers questions about Otherworld Nights, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Otherworld Nights

Anne
I have a dirty little secret.
I...
*cough*
I've never read past the 1st book in the Women of the Otherworld series.
I know! I know! How is this even possible?
I don't know. I liked Clay and Elena's story in Bitten, but I never went back for more.
Anyway, I thought this anthology might whet my appetite. Maybe get me off my duff, and excited to read the rest of these wildly popular books?
Amazing plan, Anne!
*pats self on back*
So, did it work? Am I currently reading this series?
Well, nooooo.
But I will!
Carmel (Rabid Reads)
Reviewed by: Rabid Reads ~ 4.5 Stars.

DEMONOLOGY – 4/5

In the WOMEN OF THE OTHERWORLD universe, mothers (witches are the exception) don’t play a large role in their children’s lives once their abilities start developing because in most cases they are human, and as a result can’t be let in on the secret. Robert Vasic has been a part of Adam’s world since he was eight years old, but this short shed some light on his mom who was no pushover. When confronted with a possible pyromaniac kid, instead of
Dana

I really enjoyed this collection of short stories. As someone who has only read a handful of the books that these characters are based on, I can say that this can definitely be read as a standalone if you have not read any other works by this author. Of course you will get more out of this collection if you have read the Women of the Otherworld series, but it is definitely not a prerequisite.

My favourite stories have to be the Clay and Elena ones, I felt that the author was the most connected/in
Brittany
I just love the Otherworld Universe that Kelley Armstrong has woven. I love that there is always a new story to read or an old one to revisit. Otherworld Nights is her third compilation of novellas/short stories about various characters around the series. To my surprise I actually had never read the majority of the ones included in this book. It's always great to learn more about the twins and I would have liked to have had more time with Adam's mother. 5 Stars.
Ferdy
3.5 stars - Spoilers

Loved some of the stories, wasn't a fan of others. I didn't realise I'd already read most of them though which was disappointing, would have liked a few more newer stories.

-STALKED. This was pretty entertaining even though I'd already read it before. It was cute how Clay was desperately trying to get rid of Elena's werewolf stalker without her knowing just so she could have a perfect honeymoon. Clay and Elena were kind of daft though with both of them thinking the other hadn'
Danya
Anyone who regularly reads my blog is probably aware of my undying love for Kelley Armstrong, and it all began with her Women of the Otherworld series, so imagine my happiness at learning that Armstrong was writing another collection of Otherworld stories. Yay! So bear in mind that I love Armstrong, love the Otherworld universe, and I’m a big fan of short fiction, because I thought this was one of the better anthologies I’ve read in the last few years.

Also, please note that this review contains
Susana

Arc provided by Plume- Penguin Group through Netgalley

Release Date: September 28

A satisfying collection of shorts and novellas for those of us who miss The Women Of The Otherworld series, and its characters.

Demonology (3 Stars)

I really have a problem with the short stories I like... I always find them too short!
This one is about Talia and her son Adam. In this novel, Adam is eight years old, and his powers are just starting to arise. Of course neither him or his mother know about this
Jessica ❁ ➳ Silverbow ➳ ❁ Rabid Reads-no-more
Demonology - 3.5 stars

If you've ever thought it odd that Adam's mother was seduced by a Lord Demon and then went on to marry a half demon . . . this is the story of how, while searching for help for her son (who liked to set things on fire), she met Robert Vasic.

Stalked - 3.5 stars

Elena and Clay story about a run-in with mutts on their honeymoon. Short, but very sweet, and gives us even more evidence that these two are perfect for each other.

Hidden - 4.5 stars

At 193 pages (Kindle version), this
Kirsty (Amethyst Bookwyrm)
This and my other reviews can be found at Amethyst Bookwyrm

Thanks to Netgalley and Penguin Group Plume for giving me this book to review.

Demonology
Talia’s son Adam has always had a fascination with fire, and after his hands have started to heat up when he gets upset, she feels that she needs to know what is happening to him. She makes an appointment with Professor Vasic as the last place she can turn to in order to get answers, but will he be able to tell her what is happening with Adam?

Twilight
Bea  Charmed
It was so nice to re-read these stories. I've missed them since they were taken down from Kelley's site. Well, not all were the site but several were. There was one story I hadn't read yet and there were two I'd read only once and of course, there was one new story. I liked them all.

While some focused on main characters others focused on secondary characters and that was a joy for me as they happened to be characters I like. The nice thing about short stories is that authors can shine a light on
Dark Faerie Tales
May 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
Review courtesy of Dark Faerie Tales

Quick & Dirty: A very entertaining and solid collection of stories from the Otherworld. Fans of the series won’t want to miss it!

Opening Sentence: Talia stared at the painting.

The Review:

If you’ve read any of my other reviews of anthologies before, you know I’m not always the biggest fan of short stories, mainly because it often feels like the story is too rushed and isn’t meaty enough. To this point, the only author whose short stories I regularly enjoy w
Althea Ann
Aug 13, 2014 rated it liked it
During a museum gala opening in her honor, a woman with demonic heritage has to deal with an annoying imp on the loose. Can she figure out how to re-prison him before he insists on doing her honor with human sacrifices? Light and humorous piece; quite fun.

Merged review:

Fratboy and sorority-girl type werewolves engage in Pack politics, and generally act like douchebags (even the 'good guy'). Pretty much everyone in this story deserved to die miserably - except the ones who did.

Merged review:

Two
♆ BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme
Fans of the Otherworld Series will appreciate and enjoy this collection. For those who don't enjoy searching through anthologies to find an author's work, Ms. Armstrong makes it easy with three collections. In this collection, there are eight short stories featuring the different characters in the Otherworld. For those who have never read this series, this is a great place to start.

In Demonology, Ms. Armstrong teases a reader with an ending unfinished. It kicks off with Adam's mother trying to f
Melanie
Oct 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ry-2014, read-in-2014
5*s
Review posted here...
Otherworld Nights is a collection of short stories from Kelley Armstong’s Otherwold series. I’m a huge fan of this series anyway so there was no doubt I would love this book. It was great to be back with the characters from the series again, they feel like old friends and I have missed the series since it ended. I had read all but two of these stories as freebies on the authors website over the years and appreciated them the second
All Things Urban Fantasy
Review courtesy of All Things Urban Fantasy.

Siobhan
May 20, 2017 is currently reading it
Reading the short stories as I make my way through the series.

Ratings thus far:

Hidden:
From Russia with Love:
Vanishing Act:
Pam Nelson
Demonology – We get to learn a little more of Adam and how he came to be. I love that his momma was so protective of him. She wouldn’t be suede to not know what was going on no matter the risk.

Twilight – This was interesting Cass “forgets” to do her yearly kill, and then is late and has a hard time drinking. Wonder what that means she would revert to human? Interesting. Loved that Aaron was by her side.

Stalked – It was a nice story of love and duty because even though they may be on vacation/h
Jessica (a GREAT read)
I received this ARC from the publisher via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review, I was in no way compensated for this review.

I am always ecstatic to return to Kelley Armstrong's Women of the Otherworld series! I can never get tired of it! Otherworld Nights combines a handful of Kelley's short stories and novellas for some of our beloved characters! I admit, I haven't read all of these prior to this book--really just two, numbers 4 and 7 on this list above--and having them in this nifty ant
Fangs for the Fantasy
Oct 23, 2014 rated it really liked it
One of the long going series I’ve always been a fan of was the Otherworld Series by Kelley Armstrong and was pretty sad when the series seemed to come to a close and not just in the same way I am when any series I like ends – because I felt there was a lot of stories left in this world and a lot of characters I’d like to see develop more – so this anthology of short stories seemed to be ideal

In particular I loved Demonology and Twilight because they expanded the stories of two very intriguing ch
chucklesthescot
If you love the wolves, you are going to love this anthology! There are four excellent wolfie adventures to enjoy here-Clay and Elena's honeymoon spoiled by a mutt, Reese is on the run from the Australian Pack, A christmas Pack break is interrupted by a child killer, and Elena goes to Russia to form an alliance as the new Pack Leader. PLUS we get stories about Adam, Cassandra, Hope and Cabals behaving badly...what more could you possibly want?!!!

DEMONOLOGY: (#0.05)
Adam's mother Talia is at a los
Christal (Badass Book Reviews)
See this review and others like it at Badass Book Reviews!

Otherworld Nights is a compilation of several different stories that Kelley Armstrong has written set in her Women of the Otherworld universe. Some of these stories have been previously published in other anthologies, but there is one new short and a new novella. I have read a few of these stories before, but I always enjoy a return trip to the Otherworld, especially if the werewolves are involved. The stories are all very different, but
Celine
Otherworld Nights is an anthology that collects several short stories and novellas set in the Women of the Otherworld series. Most of them have been previously published in other anthologies or have been released in limited edition hardcovers. It also includes a brand new novella set after the happenings of the last Women of the Otherworld book, Thirteen, featuring Savannah, Adam, Paige and Lucas.

When an author has written as many books as Mrs Amstrong has, a certain consistent style gets develo
All Things Urban Fantasy
Mar 14, 2014 rated it really liked it
Review courtesy of All Things Urban Fantasy

OTHERWORLD NIGHTS was a nice compilation of short stories of Women of the Otherworld, that were featured in various anthologies over the years with a new Savannah story at the end. Going back and re-reading these stories felt very comforting and familiar since I've been reading Kelley Armstrong's stories for so long. All of these characters feel so real to me and I loved seeing them again. Since the stories are set at different times chronologically the
Puddlyduck
I really enjoyed catching up with some of the characters from Women of the Otherworld series. (Even if there was very little from my favourite pair; Lucas and Paige!)

My favourite short story was Twilight. Reading about Cassandra's - often the most outwardly stoic of characters - struggles was really poignant. Glimpses into her life with Aaron explained much of their interaction over the series. I think she definitely deserved a book of her own!

Another character I felt definitely deserves more fo
Kathy Martin
Oct 08, 2014 rated it really liked it
This is the first of three anthologies of rare and never-before published short stories and novellas. The focus of this anthology is love. The stories included are "Demonology," "Twilight," "Stalked," "Chivalrous," "Lucifer's Daughter," "Hidden," "From Russia, with Love," and "Vanishing Act."

All of the stories were entertaining. I liked learning about Reese's background in "Chivalrous" which was a story that I had never read before. Nor had I read "Twilight" which was a Cassandra story. Being a
Dawn Livingston
Sep 15, 2015 rated it really liked it
This was a fun book. If you like Kelley Armstrong's books involving Clay and Elena, Paige, etc. I can't imagine you wouldn't like this book. More insight into these characters lives, another peek. Interesting stories, additional background. And if you're into the characters because of the other books, you'll probably want to add this book to your collection.
Andrea Heltsley
I cannot convey just how much I love this series as a whole! This book was fun and I enjoyed the bonus stories that went along with the women of the underworld series. The last story about Elena and her family was my favorite. I WISH this series didn't end because it's so good. However I'm thrilled they made a television show based on Bitten (book one)
Elizabeth Ziko
Feb 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
Love how the kids are growing! Missed Clay, Elena and the gang.
Tabitha (Bows & Bullets Reviews)
Sep 30, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed
This review is also available on my blog, Bows & Bullets Reviews

This is an anthology of stories set in the world of the Women Of The Otherworld. Let me say first that I have not read any of the novels in this series, despite the fact that a good friend of mine is always singing their praise (or the fact that I'm interested in watching the Bitten show that is based off them). Now, I want to read them even more, especially the one about Hope. These short stories are intriguing and intense, eve

This anthology features short stories and novellas featuring the characters from Kelley Armstrong's Women Of The Otherworld series. For the most part these cannot be read if you have not read the Women Of The Otherworld series (there would be huge spoilers). Demonology can be read without spoiling the series as it features Adam when he was a child. Also Twilight won't really spoil anything. It is a story featuring Cassandra. Same with Chivalrous, Reese the werewolf's story.

Hidden is set after bo
Play Book Tag: Otherworld Nights by Kelley Armstrong - 4 stars 2 13 Oct 16, 2018 12:12AM
  • Evolve: Vampire Stories of the New Undead
  • Blood Lite III: Aftertaste (Blood Lite #3)
  • Red Blooded (Jessica McClain, #4)
  • Seize the Night: New Tales of Vampiric Terror
  • Black Ice (Midgard, #2)
  • Blood in Her Veins: Nineteen Stories from the World of Jane Yellowrock
  • Sacrifice (Daughters of Lilith, #3)
  • Low Midnight (Kitty Norville, #13)
  • Fragile Destiny (The Aether Chronicles, #3)
  • Angel of Death (The Chosen Chronicles #1)
  • Subterranean: Tales of Dark Fantasy 2
  • Hunt (Shifters #6.5)
  • A Fantasy Medley (Otherworld Stories, #9.2; Crown of Stars, #7.5; Realms of the Elderlings)
  • Sword of Deaths (The Scythe Wielder's Secret Book 2)
  • Vampires: The Recent Undead
  • Enthralled: Paranormal Diversions
  • Pendulum (The Neumarian Chronicles, #2)
  • Bound (The Caelian Cycle #2)

Otherworld Stories (5 books)
  • Men of the Otherworld (Otherworld Stories, #1)
  • Tales of the Otherworld (Otherworld Stories, #2)
  • Otherworld Secrets (Otherworld Stories, #4)
  • Otherworld Chills (Otherworld Stories, #5)
“The guy didn’t know shit about demons. Asmondai preferred to think things through. My granddaddy was the charging-bull type. Which I suppose explains why I’d fallen for the taunting and Adam only rolled his eyes.” 0 likes
“You ever get into that shit again? Lotta trees behind Stonehaven. I’ll string you up from one.” “And let the crows peck at my corpse?” “Nah. Doesn’t hurt if you’re already dead.” 0 likes