Start by marking “Maggie Mae” as Want to Read:
Maggie Mae

Maggie Mae

4.42  ·  Rating details ·  26 Ratings  ·  15 Reviews
Note: Alternate/new cover edition for ASIN# B004P8K2J2

July 4th 2005, Maggie's wedding day was the happiest day of her life, the most painful day of her life and the day she died three times.

Maggie lives as a recluse in the home that she and her dead husband, Jimmy, built together. It's all she has left of him. She has her friends, but has turned her back on the world and a
Published February 24th 2011

To ask other readers questions about Maggie Mae, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Maggie Mae

Darian Wilk
Feb 12, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: for-review

When first reading the synopsis of this book I was intrigued, the idea of fate pulling two people together, people seemingly impossible to fall for loves tricks, well obviously, that’s right up my alley! I was eager to dive into this one, and not at all disappointed once I started reading.

Wolters did a superb job showing the emotion, the unexplainable connection between Maggie and Michael. The characters feeling the strange sensations they both feared to ever feel, yet not being able to deny its
KyBunnies
Please be aware that this review is my opinion. This is not a paid review. This digital book was a gift and does not reflect or influence my review of the book. To form your own opinions please support the author and acquire your own legal copy of the book.

I will admit that the title of this book did not grab my attention. However, that did not stop me from reading and getting mad when I was reading because I had to stop when I was at work. I read a lot at work during either my lunch break or wh
Nancy Silk
Feb 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
"A Second Chance at Love"
This is another wonderfully written romance by Author Sandy Wolters. In this intense story, Maggie Mae and her husband were only married 12 hours when a tragedy took his life. They had been bonded together since the day they first met two years prior. She could not ever believe in the possibility of loving another man other than her loved Jimmy. She had her friends, a twin brother, but did not socialize, nor did she date. She had friends who would try to introduce her to
Jeff Dawson
Mar 14, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Those who like a bit of paranormal activity with love
This is the second book I have read by Sandy Wolters and it is wonderfully written. She has a true flair in prose.

The general plot is well devised and crafted. Little Maggie May has had a very rough five years. Her husband is murdered on their wedding night when they both decide to take a trip to the local convenience store. For the next five years she locks herself away from life thinking she will never fill the void her beloved Jimmy left in her heart.

She is out of town on business when her b
The BookChick
My Rating: ❤❤❤❤❤
EXCELLENT: The characteristics of a 5 star story include: an awesome story; and, I love everything about the story — characters, plot, and story elements. I would definitely read it again and I would highly recommend to a friend and rave about it often.
Book Description:

Maggie lives as a recluse in the home that she and her dead husband, Jimmy,
Lynn Reynolds
Mar 18, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Rating: 4 stars

July 4, 2010
Maggie Mae Dixon is seen on the beach ready to marry the man she loves. James David Carson is the man who filled the empty spot in her life. But it’s all a dream. Her husband died five years ago.

She’s come to visit with Amanda and says hello to her dad, Rafferty. Rafferty was Jimmy’s best friend and business partner. He also has a secret. He wants to tell Maggie but the time has never been right. Sandy gives us a glimpse of what Raff and Maggie had in the past. She w
Vikki
Aug 04, 2013 rated it really liked it
This is the second book I've read by Sandy Wolters and I was not disappointed. Sandy has a true talent for writing romance and a gift of creating believable characters. There was no denying it, you felt the love, the heartache and the passion in every word Sandy wrote.

Maggie Mae is going through a hard time in her life ever since her husband ,Jimmy, was murdered 5 years ago. Maggie is deep grieving over Jimmy and refuses to let it go and move on. In this state of mind Maggie hasn't seen the adv
Mimi Barbour
Aug 27, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a delightful story written by a debut author whose talent lies in revealing her characters deepest emotions, making us know exactly how they're feeling so we can sympathise and really care what happens to them.
Maggie is a woman who loves deeply and when her husband dies on their wedding day, she's completely and utterly devastated. So much so that she she's sworn off men and love. Until her twin brother destroys the house her and her fiancé had built together. Then Michael, the local ch
Helen
I was pleasantly surprised by this new author. I didn't want to put it down, because I couldn't wait to see what would happen next. I enjoyed tremendously. The descriptions about the people and places were great. Being a native to AZ, I could see where the author was talking about. I would love to see what happens next! I can't wait for a second book!
Ann Swann
Jun 23, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sandy Wolters has written a very moving book. From page one it had me strapped into an emotional roller coaster. Full of tragedy and hope, it is a must read for anyone who has ever experienced profound love and profound loss. Once you read it, you won't forget it.
Shonda
This is a MUST READ! I very much enjoyed this book! The character development was very good, and the book left me wanting to know what will happen in the future with Michael and Maggie. I experienced a range of emotions from laughter to tears and true heartache.
Pilar
Jun 14, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is really great! I highly suggest buying and reading it; it is happy, sad and funny, all in one!
Kay
Apr 23, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I don't normally read romance novels, but I enjoyed this one. It was short and sweet and I didn't mind the paranormal aspects of it. But I kept thinking, Where was the editor? Way too much use of character's names in dialogue. Nobody talks like that, constantly saying the person's name that they're speaking to. Drove me crazy. This story is total fantasy--a typical romance novel, I suppose. It is an OK read if you want to lose yourself in something ridiculous but kind of fun.
Luisa Rivas
Lovely and sweet. Reads almost like a fairy tale, and the otherworldly details are so wrenching. You root for Maggie and Michael, and feel sad for Jimmy.
Sandy Wolters
Jun 06, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
If you'd like to learn more about my books, please visit my website at www.sandywolters.weebly.com.
Brenda Dyer
❃ Brandy ❃
Feb 24, 2013
Heather
Mar 06, 2013
MAGGIE MAE by Sandy Wolters on sale at Smashwords for $.99! 1 1 Jul 20, 2014 06:30AM
I’ve been an avid reader for years. To my husband’s dismay, I have bookshelves full of books, rooms full of books, boxes full of books. My cars have books in them. I just can’t seem to get rid of them after I read them. You just never know when you will want to read it again, right?

About two years ago, my husband gave me the dream gift, a Kindle. It was love at first sight and my first foray into
More about Sandy Wolters