Start by marking “An Easy Dare (Crescent City, #1)” as Want to Read:
An Easy Dare (Crescent City, #1)

An Easy Dare

(Big Easy #1)

Cat loved Gabe from the time she was five years old. She thought it would be easy: fall in love with your childhood sweetheart, get married and live happily ever after. But as the years go on, the fairy tale soon falls apart. At twenty, Gabe – penniless, unable to find work, and drinking himself into a bad reputation – leaves New Orleans, believing that Cat is better off w ...more
Published July 9th 2013 (first published June 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about An Easy Dare, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about An Easy Dare

Lola Hayes
Jul 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing
i downloaded this book last night for nook and i loved it ... i really loved that it was in new orleans, i felt like i was there and i loved all the french quarter settings ... the only thing i didnt like about it was cort ... i thought it would be more of a battle between cort and gabe, and it was, in a different way, but cort was such an a**. this book was different than a lot of the other books ive read b/c the setting really played a big part .. now i want to go to new orleans, lol. 4.5 star ...more
Liz
Jun 03, 2013 rated it liked it
3.5 stars. Light, short, fun read with a little bit of angst. Wished it could have been longer because the ending seemed to wrap up too fast. Best part of all? No cliffhanger!!
Erin Kelly
May 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing
A book set in New Orleans which tells the story of three people who were raised on the streets of the French Quarter -- Cort Belrose, Gabe Augustine and Catherine Martel. Cort and Gabe both want Cat, but she is only in love with Gabe (and he's in love with her). Unfortunately (for everyone) Cort isn't the straight-laced rich guy that he seems. One day Gabe leaves (won't give away the spoiler) and he's gone for three years. He doesn't come back until he finds out Cat and Cort are getting married, ...more
Danielle
May 31, 2013 rated it it was ok
Unfortunately this book just didn't work for me which is a total bummer because I was really anxious to get my hands on it. I just found it to be really predictable and the characters seemed to be a bit over the top. Also, I just found it to be missing the romance. I'm a huge fan of second chance at love stories and I couldn't really get into this one. We are constantly told that Gabe and Cat love each other and how they are meant to be but I just never felt the romance between them.
Samantha
May 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I adored this book it’s one that you don’t want to put down and you find yourself rooting for the good guy Gabe and shouting at Cat as you just want her to see that Gabe is the one she should be with.
I’m impressed with the Authors writing style the characters are written well you know instantly who you like and who you don’t.
So you have read the Blurb and yes it gives you what you need what it doesn’t give you is the Love Gabe has for Cat he never loses that by leaving. He thinks he was doing th
PAULA
Jun 01, 2013 rated it really liked it
AN EASY DARE (CRESCENT CITY 1) by ROSALIE ROSSEAUX

I don’t know bout you but this book has a classic feel to it. Maybe because the setting was located in New Orleans and the way the people and the place was described feels like it’s from the 1800’s or something and I liked it. A lot.

Rosalie Rosseaux wrote a beautiful story about love the second time around (I am a sucker for these type of stories), revenge and what it is to fight for something/someone that’s important to you. It was beautiful an
Angie
Feb 09, 2014 rated it liked it
Cat is getting married to one of her life long friends, Cort. She should be happy right? She loves him. It may not be an all consuming love but she had that once with her first love, Gabe. Then he left her. Now three years later on Cat's wedding day of all days he returns to New Orleans to have a dance with the bride. Well isn't that a bitch? Cat was hesitant to marry Cort, she mainly did it because he was there for her when Gabe left and he promised to always take care of her and her father.
Bu
Kelly
May 17, 2013 rated it liked it
I must say I really liked this book I just wished there was a but more angst.......I absolutely hated cort! What a wanker !!!! Loved loved loved cat and anna, oh my.....gabe dreamy ! Bless him but we still didnt find out how he made his money so I found I was left with unanswered questions, I would of liked to have known a little bit more about the time gabe was away for 3 years. U didnt find my self emotionally connected as much as I have with other reads but still loved it all the same so for ...more
Valentina "TinchyB"
Book was ok... :/ Nice writeing,easy read,but that's all I have to say about this one.I love the New Orleans part,but there's so much missing in entire plot that I can't give more than 3*...Solid read,hot & steamy-not so much... :(
Lady E
Jul 31, 2013 rated it liked it
I would give this a 2.5. It wasn't a bad read it just didn't feel complete to me, and I get that the author has to leave pieces hanging to set up the next book. But overall it was just OK for me, and not really sure I will get into the second book.
Lynnea Selleck
Jun 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This was a great debut book! I had a very hard time putting it down. Some of the plot was predictable, but other parts took me by complete surprise! I really can't wait to read the sequel, "A Beautiful Lie" and the book "Dangerous Viv" about Cat's best friend!
Julie
Jul 13, 2013 rated it liked it
I found myself wanting to shake Cat ALOT. I mean really girl? Wake up! There were way too many unanswered questions for me. I'm sure they'll be answered in the follow up. Another book based in New Orleans without any southern or Cajun dialect written in.
Amanda vasquez
Aug 01, 2013 rated it really liked it
3.5 just didn't seem complete. felt like it was missing something and very very predictible
Mandee Migliaccio
Jul 15, 2013 rated it liked it
3.5 stars... It was ok... No cliffhanger but the story wrapped up way too quick.
Paige Edward
Aug 06, 2013
Lara Bartolome
Aug 01, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• High Risk Love (The Risk Series, #1)
  • I Hate You...I Think
  • Dare Me Forever
  • Just Watch the Fireworks
  • Love Like Fireworks (Love Like Fireworks, #1)
  • A Pretty Pill (A Pretty Pill, #1)
  • April Showers (April, #1)
  • Wanted: Wife
  • Take Me Now (Take Me Now, #1)
  • Gratifying Lines (Blurred Lines, #8)
  • What Goes Around...
  • The Cirque
  • Promise Me This (Promise Me, #1)
  • Set Loose (Sin City, #1)
  • Sanctuary of Mine
  • Beside Your Heart (The Heart, #1)
  • Playing Pretend
  • Coming Back to You
Rosalie Rousseaux is a proud Louisiana girl who thinks New Orleans is one of the sexiest cities on the planet. Sweltering heat, romantic tension, turbulent pasts, booze, naughtiness and old Southern charm make the ideal location for high drama, lost love and revenge -- three elements that she works into her steamy novels.