Start by marking “Beyond Control (Beyond, #2)” as Want to Read:
Beyond Control (Beyond, #2)

Beyond Control

(Beyond #2)

She refuses to be owned.

Alexa Parrino escaped a life of servitude and survived danger on the streets to become one of the most trusted, influential people in Sector Four, where the O’Kanes rule with a hedonistic but iron fist. Lex has been at the top for years, and there’s almost nothing she wouldn’t do for the gang…and for its leader. Lie, steal, kill—but she bows to no
Published March 13th 2013 by Kit Rocha

To ask other readers questions about Beyond Control, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Beyond Control

MischaS_
May 25, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: english
Don't know if I like Beyond Shame more that this book... But, I'm really happy for getting more of Dallas. ;) But I preferred Lex in the first book... :)

EDIT: Re-read time. (2/24/2017)
So much fun to have a female character which is more badass than all the men characters put together without sounding obnoxious and getting on my nerves non-stop.
Pam
5 stars
"Matching ink, you and me. Something fitting for a king and queen. For Dallas and Lex."

Of course I loved it, was there ever any doubt?!? this book was all about the balance of power, and we all know how much I love a good power play especially when the two main characters are as strong as Dallas and Lex. I'm a sucker for a fucked up world where the powerful rules and lives by a code. Dallas and Lex both had the power to strip each other bare and bring each other to their knees.

Dallas
Stacia (the 2010 club)
3 star story with a 5 star sex scene.

...and that's okay. Beyond Control was not great for me, but since it was sandwiched in between two books that I really liked, I'll forgive this for not hooking me on the same level as books 1 and 3.

I've just never felt the Dallas/Lex dynamic, which is why I waited so long to continue the series. But hey, I won't complain too much...remember how I mentioned a 5 star sex scene? Oh yeah. That.

Public sex coupled with the fantasy of having multiple people tend
Jo ★The Book Sloth★
3,5-4 Stars

“If keeping me off your dick wasn’t punishment, what was it?”
“Foreplay.”
“We’ve had six years of that. Do we really need more?”
Dallas grinned.”

This quote is perfect to describe their relationship. 6 years of disfunctional my friends. They both wanted it and neither one of them knew how to go about getting it. They had sex on regular basis, they were possessive, they were hurt by each other but it took them 6 years and 2 books to work their shit out.

The first 2/3 of the book were... u
~ Becs ~
I’m going to give you a review soundtrack for this one. Nothing quite sums up Dallas and Lex like this song – Kiss With A Fist by Florence & The Machine. PLAY IT LOUD!!

"All I wanted was you." Her voice broke on the confession. "To be as important to you as you were to me."

I was blown away when I read Beyond Shame and described it as like The Hunger Games on crack and I still stand by that statement. This is all kinds of crazy but I totally LOVE it!!

We’re immersed straight back into the gri
Mandi Schreiner
Favorite Quote: “Dallas O’Kane didn’t chase after women who ran. Dallas O’Kane lifted a finger and women came running.”

Last year I read the first book in this series, Beyond Shame and was blown away by the story and the alpha men who get matched with fierce women. And the sex was just dirty and so well done. When I heard Beyond Control would feature Dallas and Lex, two characters I fell in love with in book one, my anticipation grew. I was so excited I convinced myself the book wouldn’t live up
Robin (Bridge Four)
Actual Story is a 3 but BEST DIRTIEST SEX SCENE EVER (my favorite out of any I've read) is a 5 so 4 stars it is.

First let’s just say that I thought Beyond Shame had my favorite sex scene ever. Well move over because that one has been bumped to the #2 position to be replaced by one of the sex scenes in this book which now claims the #1 position of Best and Dirtiest Sex Scene I’ve read. I really didn’t think that Kit Rocha could outdo it and then WOW my world was rocked.
#1 – Lex’s fantasy come tr
Ellen Gail
Hot damn. I'm so glad I decided to continue this series.
Anna (Bobs Her Hair)
Sep 27, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Erotic Romance Fans
4.5 stars...Sex, Politics, Kink, and Power reign in Sector Four
After an endless silence, Dallas traced her jaw and put the tip of his finger under her chin. “I’m feeling possessive tonight, Lexie love, so here’s your choice. I can untie you and we can have a little tease and cuddle…or you can stand up and go into the bedroom. If you do that, I’m going to play with you until you think you can’t take it anymore, and then I’m going to ride you so hard your legs won’t work in the morning. Pick one.”
S.M. West
4 DALLAS & LEX STARS

I don't know why it took me so long to come back to the post-apocalyptic world of Sector Four and the O'Kanes because I really enjoyed Beyond Shame but, I'm so glad I did.

The power struggle in and out of bed between Dallas O'Kane, leader of Sector Four and Alexa Parrino, the heart of Sector Four, was thrilling.

photo beyondcontrol_zps92f57790.jpg

While the action and anarchy was titillating, the sex was beyond hot and raw! It's more than just kink and group sex...anything goes. Let's just say there were
Val ⚓️ Shameless Non-Snowflake ⚓️
4+ Stars

Welcome to Kink Central, round two people!

This was just as wrong and nasty as the first one - perhaps even more so, I am just used to it now. Bring. It. On.

Miss Alexa is one horny biatch and Declan Dallas O'Kane is the kink kingly yin to her queenly yang.

Again, I loved the world building in this one and we also got to know new characters and subplots as well as refining already existing ones. I really liked Lex and Dallas and I thought that their connection was super heated and palpable
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)

Oh Dallas! Dallas, Dallas, Dallas, you dirty boy! *looks around* Oh, sorry! Got a little distracted there. That’s what the kingpin, Dallas O’Kane does to me. If you haven’t read the Beyond series by Kit Rocha, you are SERIOUSLY missing out on some of the hottest men on the planet! A friend of mine called this book a “buffet of bad boys” and that is exactly what Dallas, Jas, Ace, Mad, Bren and Cruz are. Think the ultimate bad boys – all tatt’d up with brawn and brains. And the most important th
Alex ☣ Deranged KittyCat ☣
I've had this on hold for so long, that I forgot what it's about (excepting the BDSM part). So I'll just let it go.

Jill
ARC was provided by Netgalley in exhange of an honest review.

"I can't do this without you. I can't be Dallas without Lex."

Another exciting instalment in Beyond series by Kit Rocha.
In this world gone wrong, the Sectors are not a nice place to grow up. Declan "Dallas" O'Kane is the King of Sector Four. He has a fierce need to protect what is his, there is not a thing he can't control and look after...well maybe one thing.
Alexa Parrino.

A desperately, passionate affair ensues throughout this book be
*P*u*r*p*l*e* Masochist
This review is posted on Way Too Hot Books.

Sex. Sex. Sex. Sex everywhere.
Sex on the floor. Sex on the table. Sex against the wall.
Sex in the shower. Sex in front of everyone. Sex with everyone.

That pretty much sums up the plot of this book.

What's weird is that I actually liked more those rare parts of the book where they actually talked and where we found out more about the politics of the Sectors and their leaders. Don't get me wrong, the sex scenes were hot, a bit over-exaggerated, but hot no
Geri Reads
Oct 20, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 solid Dallas stars!!

I'll be very brief...

Beyond Control is definitely way better than Beyond Shame. I loved Dallas and Lex. I'd say the sex is still still graphic and raunchy but there's actually a decent story here. Their love story is complicated but their HEA is definitely satisfying.

This story isn't for the faint of heart though. There's a lot of kink involved here and this is in a dystopian world. If those two turns you off, then this story might not work for you.
Iva
Dec 23, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

description

OH HELL YEAH, Dalas ans Lex! This book was amazing, f*cking brilliant! And damn hot! Oh God, haven't read a better erotic romance in a while!
Review to come after I calm down. Until then...

"He was rough, hard and unforgiving. A force of nature.
And, like a storm, he had no mercy."

"He could do anything to her, anything, and she'd let him. Maybe even love it, as long as it got him off.
It was ridiculous. It was humbling.
It was the hottest fucking realization of his life."

"See, Six? This is what makes
Carly Phillips
Feb 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2013
There needs to be more than 5 stars for this book! Hot. Awesome. Makes you feel like you are there living in the sectors outside Eden. Lex and Declan ... FINALLY! And more Jas and Noelle... OMG!
Malinda
3.5-4 stars

This was a pretty good story. I liked Lex and Dallas and their story was good, actually better than I expected considering how they got along in book #1, Beyond Shame.

Lex was born in Sector 2 and sold by her parents to the "Orchid House". This place is where pretty young girls are sold and turned in to the equivalent of high class prostitutes. Lex wasn't willing to be one so she ran away and lived on the streets for years. She happened to get caught trying to steal from Dallas and got
Mojo_Mama

More salacious not-safe plot ;)

But. Wow. This one left me so torn, I don't know what to make of the series. It seems once again there's a plot with an h where I just can't wrap my head around her issues/logic/actions. They either seem ridiculous cuz it's mostly in her head and not borne by the activities of the H, or, so convoluted I don't see the reason to her logic.

The first book (not primarily about this H/h) made me think this couple was just too fucked up to get their BS together
CeCe
Jan 10, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc, dystopia, bdsm, erotica, menage
This was okay for a sequel. I Liked Beyond Shame a little bit more.
In the first book, Beyond Shame, I really liked the characters Lex and Dallas. So I was excited that Beyond Control was their story.

I loved the start of the book and I loved the last 25% of the book as well. However, some parts in the middle of the book I felt got off "track". I loved the general plot in the book, but the middle was masked with all the unnecessary sex. It got a little crazy.

When Lex and Dallas were thrown into t
Aղցela W.
Mar 15, 2013 rated it really liked it
This was the second book in the Beyond series. Alexa Parrino escaped a life of servitude and survived danger on the streets to become one of the most trusted, influential people in Sector Four the sector that the O'Kanes rule. Dallas O’Kane fought long and hard to carve a slice of order out of the chaos of the sectors. This book picks up where the first book left off with everything in chaos since Dallas took out Sector Three's leader, Wilson Trent. Now they all have to deal with the fallout. De ...more
Marte - Thunderella
July 21.
Finished this a few days ago, but haven't managed to update the status.

Review to come. But my thoughts are this.

*big sigh*
I was disappointed with this, tough. Wasn't a good as I hoped/thought it would be.

Still 3 stars, though.

-----------

Marte is reading m/f! (view spoiler)

I've been listening to #1 Beyond Shame. It was oh-so good, but what really got to me was the secondary couple, Lex and Dallas. This is their book.
Scarlet
Feb 19, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Scarlet by: buddy reading with my beautiful soul sister Glass
*buddy reading with my beautiful soul sister Glass*

This book was really good, but...also a little predictable and similar to Noelles story, maybe a bit cheesy, but very funy and worthwhile. I honestly had fun reading Beyond Control, but I cant wait for Aces book.
Hes my favorite guy in this series.
Optimist ♰King's Wench♰
I ❤ the hell outta some Sector Four. I really do. It's a kinky, polyamourous, slightly depraved, definitely debauched dystopian wonderland that Kit Rocha have created. They're all a bit rough and tumble. They'd all cut your throat in a heartbeat if you crossed one of their own and being an O'Kane means not only taking the ink, but means you're part of the family. It's a lifetime commitment and you don't want to cross Dallas O'Kane, King of Sector Four. I love this place.

I'll be honest, I wasn't
Trader (RedHotBlueReads)
4.5 stars out of 5

Kit Rocha’s buffet of bad boys, as I call them, are back in this second installment of the Beyond series, and the focus is on Dallas O’Kane and Lex, his on-again/ off-again woman. This installment continues both the action and the hedonistic erotica. This book contains lots of debauched, smutty sex,often with multiple partners and combinations, so be forewarned.

Since this book is yet to be released, I’m going to try to do this without spoilers. At the end of the first book, Be
The futuristic dystopian world that Kit Rocha (also known as writing duo Donna & Bree) has created for this series is gritty and dark, gangs rule the sectors and there are ongoing battles and wars as they fight over boarders, for supplies, and against the city of Eden. Life is harsh, violence is common place and the O'Kane men are all leather clad, tattoo covered, intense alphas who will need equally strong willed women to bring them to their knees. As much as the gang work hard they play ha ...more
Deborah
May 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites

I've just started this series again, I originally read 'Beyond Shame' back in 2013 and always intended to continue on and I've no idea why I didn't.
If you've read 'Shame' then you'll have some idea of the sexual tension that swirls around Lex and Dallas and we just knew their book was going to be explosive.
Dallas has wanted Lex for what seems like forever and Lex wants him just as much if not more but he's the king of Sector Four and everyone watches his every move especially where Lex is concer
Bonnie
Beyond Control centers around the relationship between Lex and Dallas and holy shit, these two be crazy. We learn that Lex wasn’t always in Sector Four, she used to be owned and was something of a sex slave in another Sector so she has issues with submission (as can be expected). Her and Dallas have been something of a thing for years but he hasn’t made her an honest woman and collared her yet so she decides to force his hand one day and gets his name tattooed across her stomach. He responds as ...more
Heather
This one started out slow for me but got going hot and heavy toward the end. This one was a scorcher!

This Dystopian Erotica continues as boundaries are expanded and hard limits tested. We get to see Dallas and Lex in all their glory.

In the first book we get to see that Lex has a soft spot for victimized women and helping others. She can't seem to stop herself from reaching out to help the underdog. Will she get herself in over her head?

She and the King of sector four, Dallas, have a non-committ

• Marked (Metamorphosis, #1; Beyond, #3.5; Thompson & Sons, #1)
  • Being Amber (New Atlanta, #1)
  • Risk & Reward (Bedroom Games, #2)
  • FrankenDom
  • After
  • Redemption (Defiance #2)
  • Bind and Keep Me (Pierced Hearts, #2)
  • Hers To Cherish (Verdantia, #3)
  • Calling The Shots (Long Shots, #4)
  • The Dom on the Naughty List (Badass Brats, #1.5)
  • Haunted Wolves (Green Pines, #2)
  • Unbound
  • Molly's Lips: Club Mephisto Retold (Club Mephisto, #1.5)
  • This is Who I Am (Masters of the Shadowlands, #7)
  • The Art of Domination (The Art of D/s, #2)
  • Control
  • Take It Off (Market Garden, #2)
  • Honey Red
Once upon a time, two best friends decided to write paranormal romance. And while that was awesome, they also sometimes wanted to write insanely dirty stuff that wasn’t paranormal at all. This is that stuff.

Kit Rocha is the dystopian-erotic-romance writing alter-ego of writing duo Moira Rogers.

Beyond (9 books)
  • Beyond Shame (Beyond, #1)
  • Beyond Pain (Beyond, #3)
  • Beyond Jealousy (Beyond, #4)
  • Beyond Addiction (Beyond, #5)
  • Beyond Innocence (Beyond, #6)
  • Beyond Ruin (Beyond, #7)
  • Beyond Ecstasy (Beyond, #8)
  • Beyond Surrender (Beyond, #9)
“I’ll be any man you want. A king or a beggar or a farmer or a killer. But I’ll never be the man who can let you walk away.” 39 likes
“What can I say. We like our women only mostly tamed. Where’s the fun in a woman who’d never stab you just a little, if you pissed her off bad enough?” 30 likes