Start by marking “Leo” as Want to Read:
Leo

Leo

4.04  ·  Rating details ·  35,115 ratings  ·  3,209 reviews
Librarian's Note: This is an alternate cover for ASIN# B00BT0JB0A

A USA Today bestselling book. Leo is a full-length, standalone romance.

Evie and Leo met in foster care as children and formed a bond of friendship. As they grew, their bond turned to love, and they vowed to make a life together when they turned 18 and were no longer a part of the system.

When Leo unexpectedly
Kindle Edition, Sign of Love, Leo, 214 pages
Published November 27th 2013 (first published March 11th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Leo, please sign up.
Amanda There isn't an actual reading order. All the book in the series is standalone without any connection.
Leo Compton NO,Im Joking very good book…moreNO,I´m Joking very good book(less)

·  35,115 ratings  ·  3,209 reviews

Aestas Book Blog

SQUEEEE!!! OMG I have so many feels for this book!!!!!

Everything about this story was beautiful!! ♥♥♥

It me cry, laugh, swoon and fan myself and honestly, I just loved it all!!

This is a spoiler-free review. 4.5 - 5 stars.

“The thing about falling in love so that no matter where you are when it happens, you can’t help but to color those moments with beauty, even if you’re in a location of ugliness. He made what would have been a place of nightmares into a place to dream.”

Second-chance love s
Vishous
*ARC given to me by author in exchange for an honest review*

“And in the end, I had jumped. And the other side was just as glorious as her eyes had promised“

WOW WOW WOW 4.5 STARS!!!!!!

I must confess that I did not expect to love this book so much. In the beginning I had some trouble how the main female character takes slightly the idea of someone following her and not thinking that that is something you should report to police! But I was sucked into this story in a second!
I don't think there
Christy
Mar 16, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

“No matter how far apart we are. No matter the distance or time, I will never love anyone except you. Not ever.”

My EVIE and LEO
 photo 8226cf23-896c-4396-aec5-59c07c21498b_zps675ce595.jpg

photo 59239986-c93f-4517-9dfc-32d8c4709587_zpsf29236c3.jpg

This is a story about Evie and Leo. Two kids who met when Evie was 10 and Leo was 11...

We met in the first foster care home each of us were sent to and he’s my best friend in the world, the boy I’ve grown to love.

photo fc3bbb38-9e15-4850-9816-9f298be5af7e_zps9c31dd12.jpg

Leo and Evie become the best of friends. As they get a little older, they fall in love. When Leo is 15 and Evie is 14, Leo gets adopted and has to mo
SueBee★bring me an alpha!★
★★★★1/2! Sign of Love series, book 1 (Stand-alone) Debut by Mia Sheridan. An amazing heroine & a bossy alpha male with a troubled past are brought together by the loss of a friend.

This is book 1 in the Sign of Love series. Based on this book’s ending I have concluded that this is a stand-alone series, but this has not been confirmed by the author yet.

Hero: Jake (Jacob) Madsen/business owner-mogul/$$$/23 years old/light brown hair/brown eyes/6’2”
Heroine: Evelyn Cruise, Evie/hotel maid-part ti
Katie(babs)
Mar 21, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: gag-worthy-book
Leo (Sign of Love #1) by Mia Sheridan had a great premise based on the blurb. It’s what I guess you would call a New Adult featuring a twenty-two year old woman named Evie who survived the horrors of foster care and has made a wonderful life for herself, but is still stuck on the young boy who made her feel special and not so alone. Evie first fell in love with Leo, who promised to keep in touch (he’s adopted at fifteen and moves across country) and come for her when she turns eighteen so they c ...more
Mo
Oct 21, 2013 rated it it was ok
Well I am definitely in the minority here. Fairly predictible and quite boring actually. I do not like giving low stars.

Cannot believe this is the same author who wrote Stinger (Sign of Love, Scorpio 1) by Mia Sheridan.

Maybe if I had read it back when it was first released and had no high expectations of it, I might have enjoyed it more. Maybe it is because I have read a few really excellent books not so long ago. (view spoiler)
ღFloღ the coffee addict
3.75 **so sweet** STARS

“Why are you looking at me?”
“Because I like your face.”

This was such an exciting read for me. My very first Mia Sheridan book. Now most of my friends suggested to start with some of her later works, but for those of you who know me I'm pretty peculiar and very insistent on reading in order. Without an actual series order I went with release date. So Leo it was. And what a sweet and moving book to get the ball rolling. A solid first book by Ms. Sheridan and something th
Amy | Foxy Blogs
FREE -> http://amzn.to/1z5bTDL
For more kindle deals -> http://wp.me/P4uAPW-11
2/10/2015

Foster care brought together two broken kids, Evie & Leo, who learned to rely one another. Due to circumstances out of their control they were separated by thousands of miles.

description

Broken Promises made as teens threaten to rip them apart.
"I'm going to kiss you now, Evie, and when I do it's going to mean that you're mine. I don't care how far away from each other we are. You. Are. Mine. I'll wait for you.
Jennifer Kyle
Mar 12, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 1/2 Rooftop Stars!

"This is not goodbye, Evie. Remember our promise. Don't ever forget our promise. I will come back for you.”~ Leo

description

I really enjoyed Mia Sheridan’s writing in her debut novel Leo! I loved the characters and the past/present presentation of the story line. I found myself engrossed in the story from the prologue.

Leo is the story of Evie and Leo two foster children who have survived horrible upbringings and have found home in each other. Through the years they fall in love. I fou
Chantal ❤️
Sep 26, 2016 marked it as read-when-i-am-brainless  ·  review of another edition
I HAVE SAID IT ONCE I WILL SAY IT 1000 TIMES I HATE CHEATERS

Her staying faithful while he sleeps around is a big no for me.
How can he say he loves her here? What kind of crazy messed up relational was this? That he should freely have sex with his "step-mom".
To me it's obvious I mean seriously dude get some help! That is so messed up I can't even touch that.
Also, this story sounds strangely familiar!
Guys have dicks so hey it's not their fault. That sh*t is so old, it's back in the Stone Age.
Alba and Her Secrets..♥
5+ "I choose you" Stars!

photo Leo - Mia Sheridan_zps7ozceduu.png

After a quite bad read I needed a feel good and sweet novel and I knew Mia Sheridan would be a good choice. Earlier this year I read my first book by her (Archer's Voice) and I loved it so I decided to give it another try and now read Leo (which happens to be Sheridan's debut novel).

First let me say this in advance, I believe I will not be able to review this book without 'spoilering' something. The whole book and one of the characters in particular has this secret and
*TANYA*
Apr 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: tale-of-2-styles
Let me start off by saying that Mia Sheridan is one of my favorite authors. This book started off really great, I was in 100% from page 1. As I kept reading I started to think "Please don't let this be one of those cheesy clichéd books, please!" But as per usual Mia does not disappoint, EVAH!!! The "big reveal" was brutal and that ending!!! Sigh.
Annie Brewer

photo Leo_zps9a2e28e9.jpg

Wow!!!! What a story! I gotta say, I started and finished this book in 12 hours. That's never happened. I can finish a book in a day but in 12 hours? Yeah, not so much. Granted it was a quick read or at least quicker than most.

I have to keep this simple because I'm afraid if I say too much, I'll reveal the crazy ass twist.

I loved this book. I LOVED Leo, Evie was great and Jake rocke
Alexis *Reality Bites*
SPOILER FREE REVIEW -mature content reader discretion is advised.
4 STARS out of 5
Genre: New Adult Romance

photo tumblr_mia9qiAG0c1s29y53o1_500_zpsd85d432d.jpg

'...the boy I've grown to love intensely, the boy who makes me want to stay awake because reality is finally better than my dreams. But he's been adopted and I'm so happy for him to finally have a family because it's so rare for that to happen to teens. But at the same time, my heart feels like it's bleeding inside my chest.

photo heartbreak012_zps09ca543b.gif

He's looking at me intensely now like he can read my mind. Which
Dilek VT
I finished reading this book in one day and it was going to be one of my favorite books with “5 stars” but it lost me in the last 20 percent after “the twist of the story”.

I was left so disappointed that it felt as if someone had taken something I loved dearly from me. I really would rather it had evolved into something else.

***********************************************

“LEO” is the story of two kids from a foster care who love each other very much and it is really an emotional book. The story
Liz
4.5

"Why are you looking at me?"
"Because I like your face."

In Leo, Mia Sheridan does it again. She brings romance, heart, grit, and tenderness to every story that she creates. I found myself swept away by this beautiful piece.

description

Leo begins in the past. We meet Evie and Leo. Both wards of the state, they have found friendship, acceptance, and love in each other. Both having to endure the hardships of the foster system, they find solace in each other.

description

"Maybe I'm an open book, or maybe love is like a
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
This is a pretty good story of friends to lovers, second chance kind of love between two children who met in foster care. One gets adopted, one gets left behind but they promise to find each other when they are eighteen. ~Sigh~ Of course, that doesn't happen.

description

I have a lot of conflicting feelings about this story. I was intrigued and couldn't put the book down but it was blatantly obvious who a certain person was. Fortunately, there are enough twists that it keeps you on your toes and keeps you i
Kristin (KC) - Traveling Sister
3 Stars

This sweet and touching story greatly showcases the power of love and the unsurpassable beauty of redemption. It opens with an emotional glimpse into the childhood of these broken characters, and quickly unites with present time-- sprinkling in important flashbacks as the story progresses.

Evie has come a long way from the lost and neglected little girl she once was. But one thing remains constant--her undying longing for her childhood best friend and first love--Leo. Although she has acc
Priya
Apr 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing

{Everyone tells a story about themselves in their own head. That story makes you what you are, dictating all your actions and all your mistakes. If your own story is filled with guilt and fear and self-hatred, life can look pretty miserable.

But, if you're very lucky, you might have a person who tells you a better story, one that takes up residence in your soul, speaking louder than the woeful tale you've convinced yourself of. If you let it speak loudly within your heart, it becomes you
Rose
Feb 27, 2016 rated it it was ok
A lot, A LOT of things didn't work out for me in this one... I'm kinda shocked it's the same author that wrote Archer's voice and Kyland.... Extremely long rant ahead.

2 Stars:

I liked this book for the most part, I really did.. but the TWIST, the reason why he left her for 8 years and never spoke to her, DID NOT JUSTIFY ANYTHING. I was pissed.

IF I READ ANOTHER BOOK WHERE THE HEROINE IS COMPLETELY CELIBATE DURING A SEPARATION AND THE HERO LITERALLY WHORES AROUND, I WILL LITERALLY THROW MY KINDL
Miss H
I really wanted to love this book. However, despite its promising premise, I was disappointed.

Unfortunately, this book suffered from far too many editing problems. Most of the dialogue tags were punctuated incorrectly, with periods at the end of the dialogue where commas should’ve been used instead. Furthermore, you can’t speak an action. A period is needed as a separator between the action and the dialogue, not a comma.

I'm sorry, but I’m of the opinion that if you’re going to put your book out
JoJo - JJJ (Jo Anna) Janesko
Mar 12, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to JoJo - JJJ (Jo Anna) by: Buddy Read with Marcia
Rating Clarification 3.5 Stars

I have to be honest and say that when I first started this book I really didn't like it. Once i got into a little further I started to like it. There are twists in this book however I felt like I knew them all along. It wasn't a huge surprise. It was a good book overall. Just not one I would say to run out and read as soon as possible.
Alex is The Romance Fox
Leo is the debut novel by one of my favourite authors, Mia Sheridan. I've read a few that she has written after this one, which I have really liked, but this one...let me just add that I am in the minority here...didn't work for me. It failed to excite me.......
 photo raw_zpsx4yqhttj.gif
I'm going to try and keep my "rant" as short as possible.

The writing was nothing like the other books...it was just okay. No great quotes stood out to me!!!

There were so many things that glaringly reminded me of 50 Shades of Grey.....al
Farah *Professor Dean's Beauty*

"Why are you looking at me?"
"Because I like your face"

And this is how Evie met Leo...

Both children belonging to the foster care system, Evie. And Leo become friends. At first its friendship and as the years go on, it changes.. The feelings change.. Leo is Evie's protector from the world and in their little world love blooms..

"It was as if all of those ten painful years had been for the sole purpose of bringing me to that boy in that place and time, and so I could only be grateful for any pain t
Tessamari ♥Many Waters...♥ ~ Sweet Spot Book Blog
4.5 Stars

I look into his eyes and ask, “Why are you looking at me?”
His eyes search mine for several long seconds before he hold contact and whispers, “Because I like your face.”

ATran recommended this book to me yesterday and after I read the blurb, I knew I had to read it ASAP. I luckily found it on Smashwords a day early than its scheduled release date and just dove right in. I was intrigued immediately. The story began with our H/h, Leo and Evie, only 15 and 14 respectively. The setting was
Meret Punk
Apr 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017-reads, 5-stars
5 stars❤..
This was so beautiful❤..
Whenever Im reading a Mia Sheridan book, I keep comparing it to Archer's Voice..
But eventhough I loved this book, Archer's Voice is still my favourite book for Mia Sheridan❤..
I have to say though, the last chapters and the ending, they were so beautiful they broke my heart❤..
Im not sure if people got surprised by what happened towards the end of the book or not, but I wasnt surprised at all xD..
I just knew that was going to happen..
Its a great book :D❤..
J
Mar 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
"Why are you looking at me?"
"Because I like your face."

~Love is like a magnifying glass straight into the souls of those who own your heart.~

Thrown together in foster care Evie meets Leo.
Through the hardships of their childhood, a deep abiding friendship blossoms. Leo becomes her protector and as the years go by this special relationship develops into a beautiful and unwavering love.

~"I'm going to kiss you now, Evie, and when I do, it's going to mean that you're mine. I don't care how fa
Candace
Nov 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Anyone looking for a great love story
Wow! Why didn't I read this book a long time ago??? This story was fanfreakingtastic!

The chemistry between Evie and Jake was off the charts! There was just enough angst to keep the story exciting, without too much eye-roll inducing drama. Ms. Sheridan seemed to get the mix just right for an engaging, provocative story that is still believable and not overdone.The characters were well-developed and easy to relate to, despite having dark pasts. Not too short, not too long. This book was just aweso
~ Becs ~
The blurb says it all - Evie and Leo meet in foster care, Leo gets adopted and moves away and Evie never sees him again despite his promise to come back for her and then, one day, Leo’s friend Jake comes into town to check up on her.

Leo had promised Evie a life together, that he would come back for her and asked her to save herself for him. She readily agreed not realising that she would never see him again.

KatLynne
Mia Sheridan has delivered a winning debut with many elements that are appealing. Evie and Leo’s plight will tug hard on your heartstrings. Thrown together in a world of foster care, they become everything to each other. What started as friendship in a world where no love is given develops into a deep, unrelenting love. The heartbreak of their separation as Leo is adopted and moves away is palpable. They vow to wait for each other. He promises to return for her on her 18th birthday. But after ei ...more
Help please 6 19 Nov 28, 2016 01:17PM
Why the extreme double standard, always?? 35 595 Jul 06, 2016 06:34AM
What did you think? 22 319 Feb 12, 2014 02:00PM
Where do I find it??? 4 60 May 19, 2013 05:06PM
Buddy Read Zone: Leo (Sign of Love #1) 03/18/2013 309 121 Apr 02, 2013 11:19AM

• Running Barefoot
  • Get Me (The Keatyn Chronicles, #6)
  • The Education of Caroline (The Education of..., #2)
  • Allure (Spiral of Bliss, #2)
  • Surviving Raine (Surviving Raine, #1)
  • Darkness Before Dawn (Darkness, #2)
  • Every Rose (Every Rose, #1)
  • Present Perfect (Perfect, #1)
  • Color of Forgiveness (Color, #2)
  • Unbeautifully (Undeniable, #2)
  • Beneath the Burn
  • Fighting Redemption
  • Willing Captive
  • Fighting for Flight (Fighting, #1)
  • Back to You
  • True Love Story
  • Panic (Rook and Ronin, #3)
  • The Devil's Pawn
“Everyone tells a story about who they are in their own head. That story defines you, dictating all your actions and all your mistakes. If your own story is filled with guilt and fear and self-hatred, life can look pretty miserable. But, if you're very lucky, you might have a person who tells you a better story, one that takes up residence in your soul, speaking louder than the woeful tale of which you've convinced yourself. If you let it speak loudly within your heart, it becomes your passion and your purpose.” 171 likes
“I'm going to kiss you now, Evie, and when I do, it's going to mean that you're mine. I don't care how far away from each other we are. You. Are. Mine. I'll wait for you. And I want you to wait for me. Promise me you won't let anyone else touch you. Promise me you'll save yourself for me.” 164 likes