Start by marking “Unstoppable: 45 Powerful Stories of Perseverance and Triumph from People Just Like You” as Want to Read:

Do you crave more out of life, but are unsure about how to get it? Do you secretly fear you don't have what it takes to achieve your true heart's desire? Or if you think you do, is everyone telling you to forget about it and be realistic?
Unstoppable is the first step to creating the life you've always wanted to live. This ultimate personal motivator introduces you to 45 p
Published June 1st 1998 by Sourcebooks (first published January 1st 1998)

To ask other readers questions about Unstoppable, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Unstoppable

Uyên Nguyễn
May 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Xuyên suốt cuốn sách là những câu chuyện về những con người bình thường nhưng phi thường vì chính ý chí của họ.
Mình đặc biệt ấn tượng câu chuyện của Eula Hall,người đã không quản khó khăn, cống hiến hết mình cho xã hội và những người dân thông qua phòng khám Mud Creek. Nhờ câu chuyện đó mình càng thêm vững lòng vì biết có những người ngoài kia sẵn sàng hy sinh và cho đi rất nhiều.
Richard Smith Soto
Jul 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
I thought this was a very solid book.
Personally, for my taste it was a little "lofty" and not as practical, but nonetheless packed w great solid examples of individuals that have managed to overcome insurmountable ods to achieve success
Monark Panchal
Dec 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Superb. Inspiring. Monumentally Motivating.
Dana Arcuri
Jul 13, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely LOVED this inspirational book! It's one of those motivational books with life-changing true life stories in which you feel like you could run a marathon by the time you are done.

The 45 remarkable true life stories were demonstrations of a group of individuals who were determined to make a positive difference in this world. They didn't sit back and take no for an answer. Instead, they persevered through horrendous hardships to overcome unfathomable obstacles.

Unstoppable was EMPOWER
SJ Barakony
Nov 16, 2012 rated it it was amazing
There's so much goodness in this book, it is a 5-star.

Due to the corrosive effect that the mass/major media has on discourse in the nations of the West ( esp. America ), nearly all of these 45 accounts that Ms. Kersey covers in the seven sections of the book were unknown to me until finishing the book yesterday.
( fortunately, the mass/major media no longer has a place in the 24 hrs I'm allotted daily )

There's also an excellent short section on teaching about mastermind groups; being the co-orga
Jen
May 17, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Featuring 45 inspirational accounts of entrepreneurs, business founders, political leaders, and others who found their unstoppable impulse and changed their own lives, "Unstoppable" includes Cynthia Kersey's seven-step plan for finding and following one's dream. "A must-read for anyone who wants to succeed in life".--Kemmons Wilson, founder of Holiday Inn. 256 pp. Author tour. Media publicity. 75,000 print. Buyer's Choice. It was really really pusuading in doing something like the people in the ...more
JP
May 18, 2013 rated it liked it
This book offers some inspiring stories in a well-organized context. Also useful was Schuller's Possibility Thinking Game (number 1-10 on a paper and brainstorm for possible solutions). Seven Characteristics of Unstoppable People: 1. Devote themselves to their true purpose, 2. Follow their heart's passion, 3. Believe in themselves and their ideas, 4. Prepare for challenges, 5. Ask for help and build a support team, 6. Seek creative solutions, 7. Persevere, no matter what the challenges.
Carol
Feb 05, 2010 rated it it was ok
Work hard, persevere ... and if you just happen to know rich folks who'll invest in your idea, that can't hurt either. Maybe it was the title -- the stories themselves were inspirational, but seriously? Most of these people, seems like they had connections and that paid off at the crucial moment. Well, that and when she mentions that no one is any more than 6 people from the President of the United States. Uh yeah...
Jakki
Oct 29, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: self-help
An encouraging book about following your dreams. Stories of people hwo failed MANY TIMES before they were successful in their endeavors. Included specific ideas to get your "project" going and keep it going - involves having an accountability group of friends - something I would not be interested in doing that formally.
Kay
Jan 29, 2010 rated it liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
I didn't end up reading this cover to cover as I soon discovered that I am completely burnt out on 'follow your dreams, you can still succeed if you never give up' type stories. I guess I've just read so many of them in the past and am no longer that surprised by them.

I did like the bit I read about the founder of Dominoes though, so this probably is a good book if you're in the mood for it.
Nadia
May 06, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This book will give you a swift kick and pick me up when you read it. Each story is about overcoming huge obstacles and doing something that was once seemingly impossible. Read just one and you'll start thinking that things are indeed possible. You can achieve your dream!
Valarie Denise
Apr 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I have read this great work more than once. Each story reminded me of my own greatness. I have often said when asked what is my most favorite book, my response continues to be Unstoppable by Cynthia Kersey.
Michael Delaware
Feb 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: success
This book is amazing. It taps into that spiritual power within all of us. For me, I found this book at a key point in my life and I am so glad I read it. This is a book you will want not only to read, but also to read over and over.
Patrick Trent
Sep 29, 2011 rated it really liked it
Inspiring stories of people that overcame obstacles to achieve their lofty goals. It also have steps on how to achieve goals. Can be read in short (bathroom reader) type increments. Very uplifting and encouraging.
Kadena
Jan 27, 2008 rated it really liked it
Shelves: self-help
Wonderful reminder of the great power that dwells within every man! Believe in the beauty of your dreams and then take action! This book will inspire and encourage you to release your hidden potential.
Amanda
May 10, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Worth reading and re-reading
Georgia
Jul 06, 2012 rated it it was amazing

Excellent book on overcoming.
Samia
Nov 20, 2010 rated it liked it
I think i've been reading too many self-help books...i really don't need to...trust me. ☺
Melissa Johnson
Jan 29, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: non-fiction
Absolutely inspiring!
Rajah Heetai
Fabulous, fun and enlightening read!
Jason Denison
May 09, 2014 rated it did not like it
OK, not great
Ramjas Swami
Jul 25, 2015 rated it did not like it
Iam a teacher. Iwish to read this book to get inspirations from the stories as well as wish to inspire my students by telling these stories.
Analisa
Apr 06, 2012 rated it liked it
Some good stories...nothing spectacular.
CawfeeDrinker
Oct 22, 2011 rated it really liked it
Easy to read and get inspired to get back up when life pushes you down.
Nicole Marquette
Aug 22, 2007 rated it it was amazing
This will book will get you pumped up!
Alif Madani
Patricia
Mar 27, 2012
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Working with the Law: 11 Truth Principles for Successful Living
  • Stand Up for Your Life: A Practical Step-by-Step Plan to Build Inner Confidence and Personal Power
  • Having It All: Achieving Your Life's Goals and Dreams
  • The Winner Within
  • Conversations with Millionaires: What Millionaires Do to Get Rich, That You Never Learned about in School!
  • The New Common Denominator of Success
  • FORTUNE The Greatest Business Decisions of All Time: How Apple, Ford, IBM, Zappos, and others made radical choices that changed the course of business.
  • Pitch Like a Girl: Get Respect, Get Noticed, Get What You Want
  • I Want to Be Her!: How Friends and Strangers Helped Shape My Style
  • The 12 Bad Habits That Hold Good People Back: Overcoming the Behavior Patterns That Keep You From Getting Ahead
  • It's Only Too Late If You Don't Start Now: How To Create Your Second Life At Any Age
  • Keys to the Kingdom: Celebrating Men, Satisfying Women