Start by marking “Beauty and the Billionaire (Billionaire Boys Club, #2)” as Want to Read:
Beauty and the Billionaire (Billionaire Boys Club, #2)

Beauty and the Billionaire

(Billionaire Boys Club #2)

The Billionaire Boys Club is a secret society of six men who have vowed success—at any cost. Not all of them are old money, but all of them are incredibly wealthy. They’re just not always as successful when it comes to love…

Real-estate tycoon Hunter Buchanan has a dark past that’s left him scarred and living as a recluse on his family’s palatial estate. Hunter is ready
Published July 16th 2013 by Berkley Intermix

To ask other readers questions about Beauty and the Billionaire, please sign up.
Nara Archer's Voice by Mia Sheridan. The quiet, tormented, and virgin hero. Perfectly like Hunter

J
May 18, 2013 rated it really liked it

Dark Broody Cranky Male …… CHECK
Sexy and Scarred ……. CHECK ( some women find scars sexy)
Billionaire…….. CHECK
Virgin Hero…… CHECK

WHAT…..

He is a virgin....
Say what??

Wow Holy Hotness
Who would of thought a Scarred Billionaire Virgin would get me hot and bothered!

First and foremost do not, under any circumstances let the fact that the hero is a virgin sway you from reading this.
Cause let me tell you ladies you will want to meet Hunter.

It is really quite erotic reading about a grown man and h
Jen
I am about to go on a gush-fest right now, as I absolutely adore this book! It has been awhile since I have been captivated by a read, and this story did it. Hunter Buchannon is a man who was such a pleasant surprise to me, I fell in hard core love with him..I truly did!

This book is the second in the series; "The Billionaire Boys Club." Even though this is the second book, I do feel it can be read as a stand alone, although Book one was extremely enjoyable as well. "Beauty and the Billionaire" h
Catarina
4 Beautiful Stars

Hunter is one of Logan’s best-friends (you remember him from the first book) and although hes basically a real-state genius he’s also a tremendously closed person. Mostly because of his scarred aspect, but also because his scars aren’t only external. He’s pretty broken on the inside and that’s a place harder to heal.

description

One days he see’s Gretchen and he becomes fascinated with her, so he offers her a job she can’t refuse, only to be close to her. Gretchen is a ghost-writer and whe
Norah Una Sumner

Gretchen: *is the sweetest and funniest person ever, cares about Hunter, makes him laugh, makes him happy, is a nice person who loves him for who he is, doesn't care about his looks, literally does NOTHING bad or suspicious*

Hunter: You're a hoe who's only after my money

Me:

description

Seriously, this felt like it was written by a completely unexperienced author. It's a mess.
Mirjana **DTR - Down to Read**

***4.25 Stars***

"I don't find you ugly, Hunter. No one who knew you could. If anything, I'm grateful that you have these scars, because they saved you for me - for this moment in time. And that's a little selfish of me, isn't it? And yet I can't help but feel that way."

This was quite the delicious slow build of sexual tension and trepidation. A fiesty, sarcastic and larger than life redhead paired with a scarred, broody loner. I ate this book up with a voracious appetite.

Hunter spotted Gret
MARQUETTA
Apr 16, 2013 rated it really liked it
I am in love with this series. I was hesitant to read the first book because it had 'billionaire' in the title and I kind of sworn off Billionaire books. But this series is so different from other Billionaire books out there. I'm so happy that I gave this series a chance.

We met Hunter in the first book. He lives a pretty solitary life thanks to his scarred face. In book 1, when he spies on Gretchen and Bronte, he is immediately taken with Gretchen. He hears her say that she doesn't care about a
ღTierraღ
Nov 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Everyone <3
Gretchen Petty

Hunter Buchanan

Here's my review to my wonderful and faithful readers :D!!

So Gretchen has money problems and she needs funding, fortunately a guy -cough- HUNTER BUCHANAN -cough- has the means to help her with his cha-ching ;)..

When they first meet... LMAO

As their love flowers..no pun intended (you'll catch that later)

The mutual acceptance and understanding of one another...

The Party :|....

All those bouquets :D!!!....

From an early age we are taught to never judge a person bas
Syndi
Jul 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Beauty and the beast, phantom of the opera are the inspiration of this book. And I also detect an Archer's Voice by Mia Sheridan is an inspiration.

The author is very good at making this book fun and yet heart warming. And Hunter... oh Hunter. He is a GOD. Romantic book usually have a broken damage hero that needs to be saving. And Jessica delivers that. Plus the sweet cute sweet banter between Hunter and Gretchen. I love Gretchen. She is so kicking ass. She is witty flirty and yet sweet.

I kind
Jacqueline's Reads
Jun 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
5 Heart Warming “Beauty and the Beast” STARS

OH.MY.GOSH! If you love the story of Beauty and the Beast then this book is for you!!!! It’s SUPER SUPER SUPER CUTE!!!!

You have the scared Hero, Hunter. He has scars all over his face, his torso and he’s also missing a finger! Don’t you feel for him? Because he’s so scared, Hunter is recluse, stays in his mansion and hardly gets out, but he’s also very lonely.

Gretchen is a beauty, but a broke one. She’s a writer and she’s writes books she doesn’t li
Michelle
Apr 30, 2013 rated it really liked it
Beauty and the Billionaire is the second installment of the Billionaire Boys Club and the story of Hunter Buchanan & Gretchen Petty.

We met these two in Stranded, Gretchen was the quirky roommate with the hairless cat and Hunter was the deeply scarred recluse man who in a moment of overhearing Gretchen's words knows he has to have her.

Hunter has money at his disposal and he plans on using it to lure Gretchen in with the hopes that he can get to know her - even love her. But he knows that she
Lili  (@lilikmarcus) Marcus
Oh MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!

I really don't know what to say but I sure am smiling as I write this. This is so awkward!!..I feel myself blushing every time Gretchen attacks Hunter with her wittiness and playfulness that makes Hunter uncomfortable and aroused. Though it's fun...I loved the story and the characters.

I can't make a better review. I think this is all I can say..I wish I am as brave as Gretchen..
Roksana
For my "Fellow Safety gang" this book is safe: No OW/OM apart form heroine's friend is in love with her, but nothing happened between them

Overall i enjoyed this romance with all the grumpy butler and some very funny comic scenes that made me laugh a lot!

Hero: was scarred on his face and because of that he did not believe that someone would "love him" for who he is and that made him a loner hiding in his big house, isolating himself from outside world which ultimately made him very moody and roug
Susan
Oct 27, 2013 rated it liked it

Contemporary take on Beauty and the Beast...the "beast" being an injury-mutilated/scarred billionaire.

It's been a bit since I've read a het romance book and quite frankly, I think just because the sheer volume of options and choices that are produced out there, it's really hard to find the good ones. This was an ok read...it's hella cheesy and for being a contemporary book, I'm disappointed at how...unrealistic so much of it is. Suspension of reality and overlooking lame details is required.

Th
Vikki ~ *squee* lite ~
May 04, 2013 rated it really liked it
I LOVED this book.

Ever since we met Gretchen in the first book, I knew she was my kind of heroine. Smart, spunky, and irreverent. She certainly set the tone for the whole book.

Gretchen is a ghost writer who hates her job. She writes crap. The tile of the novel she is working on is Astronout Bill and the Space Vixens of Dark Planet . Is it any wonder she can't seem to make her deadline? So, when she's offered an interesting and lucrative job to write a novel based on a series of Victorian era
Ally
Everyone has a hard time getting out of the way of their own self esteem, don't they?

And sometimes we're all jerks because of that little self esteem issue, right?

kind of a dick

This is the perfect case of self esteems getting in the way. Nothing shocking there, this is a beauty and the beast trope.

NOTE: read for New Years 2017 Reading Challenge, Contemporary Romance category.

Setting / Time / Genre: Current, New York

Series: Yes. This is the second and it was way more interesting than the first. Nice diverti
Ivy Deluca
description
-Cleaning out my kindle, and realizing that I had the novella follow up to this as an ARC to read compelled me to dig around the Mountain (aka my TBR pile) and I discovered that I had held onto this book, for reasons unknown to me. Boy was I missing out. Gretchen and Hunter’s touching love story was an absolute treat and considering the crappy week I’ve had, it absolutely hit the spot.

-With a title like Beauty and the Billionaire, I don’t think a recap’s that necessary but here goes - H
Dominika
Jan 16, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: audiobooks
Audiobook
Mandi Schreiner
Oct 28, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: contemporary
I really enjoyed this one. It’s sexy and fun, with a tortured hero and a heroine who teases and cares and is so sexy herself. My top ten reasons (and yes, there are a few explicit quotes below)

1. Hunter is a VIRGIN billionaire with massive scarring (from falling out of a boat and hitting a propeller – zomg!) on his face and chest and is missing a finger. (My god, do I even need to continue???)

2. The heroine, Gretchen, a ghost writer, is super cute and witty and says “I’d rather have a man who is
Lover of Romance
Summary
Hunter Buchanan, is a real estate tycoon, and because he is scarred, no woman will come near him. He is respected because of his wealth and business intellect, but that is as far as it goes. He is lonely and craves companionship, and when he spies Gretchen he knows that she is the one woman for him. So he devises a plan to bring her to his home to work on some letters for writing a book, hoping to make her see the man beneath the scars. Gretchen is a ghostwriter, and when she is given a
babyfishmouth
I really disliked the first book in this series but I got lured into reading this one by the intriguing premise, low price and good reviews.
I should have trusted my gut, though, and skipped it.

I love "Beauty and the Beast" stories but the execution on this one is poorly done. Hunter is a very reclusive 30 year old billionaire who overhears a three minute conversation between Gretchen and the heroine from the first book in the series. Somehow, in that brief amount of time, he concludes that Gret
Amanda
I always love a Beauty and the Beast theme book and will never miss reading one of it. I thought Book 1 Stranded with a Billionaire was good, but Book 2 Beauty and the Billionaire left me feeling slightly disappointed. The Hunter that I knew from Book 1 doesn't really live up to my expectation. Usually scarred hero can be insecure and vulnerable, but they will have another alpha side that make us swoon for them. However, that's really not the case here.

There is some flashback on previous book re
Vettech
Sep 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This story is sweet, romantic and hilarious all at the same time!! The 2nd book in the Billionaire boys club series....The story is about billionaire Hunter Buchanan & ghost writer (who actually hates her occupation) Gretchen Petty.

Incredibly lonely and physically scarred Hunter desperately wants to get to know the beautiful red-head Gretchen and goes to some, not so honest means, to do so.

I felt so bad for Hunter and found myself feeling sorry for him. Having to sit in his big-ass dinning
Libby Harrison

Hero (Hunter): 30yrs old? – 5/5
Plot: 4/5
Grovel: none
Cheating: none – H is a virgin
HEA: yes but no epilogue
Triggers: none

Average score: 4/5

Best Line: “He wanted a companion, not a whore.”

Worst Line: “He’d take friendship with a beautiful woman, if friendship was all he could have.” – this almost broke my heart

Personal Review:
This was a good beauty and the beast style romance – I loved the
Chitra *CJ*
"Beauty and the Billionaire" is the story of Gretchen and Hunter.

A fabulous retelling of "Beauty and the Beast", this one has all the elements I love
-A scarred, alpha, introverted, (view spoiler) billionaire hero
-A spunky, vivacious, caring, ghost-writer heroine
-An instant obsession because of which the hero goes to desperate lengths to meet the heroine
-A false assignment
-Castle and roses
-A slow seduction and gentle coaxing towards happiness
-Insistence to believe
-True lov
Pamela(AllHoney)
The second book in the Billionaire Boys Club by Jessica Clare. We met both the hero and heroine in the previous book Stranded With A Billionaire. Hunter Buchanan is attracted to Gretchen Petty after seeing her once and puts in motion the opportunity for her to live in his mansion to ghost-write. Gretchen, in turn, finds Hunter attractive and works to break through his defenses.

Another hot and steamy read. It is the Beauty and the Beast theme. Started off a little slow but it didn't get boring by
Shelene
Apr 16, 2013 rated it liked it
I really want this book out sooner than July :(
Gina
Unapologetic, in your face, Beauty and the Beast story. And I'm a sucker for a good Beauty and the Beast story. There's a castle and roses and everything. This will be a re-read for me when I need a fun escape. Hunter Buchanan hides away from the world. He has some extensive scaring - and not cool scars like some romances but truly disfiguring scars - due to an incident in his childhood and has used this to keep everyone, even his few friends, from getting close. When he sees Gretchen, he forms ...more
Chandra
Aug 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Story Rating 4 Stars
Character Rating 4 Stars
Romance Rating 4.5 Stars
Heat Level 5 Stars
Overall Rating 4.5 Stars

description

I loved this book! Much more than the first book of the series. Hunter was beautiful and Gretchen was the perfect match. Book was a quick read, but super sweet. Very Beauty and the Beast feel to it, which I loved.

And it was...
description

There was a bit of insta-love, but again, it seemed to work for this book. Or maybe I just really liked the book. Either way, I loved it.

That's all...ahhh thank y
Deserie williams
Nov 29, 2015 marked it as maybe-need-more-info-check-safety
Self note : H is a Virgin which I love but the h is way too experienced and has done almost everything sexual. She has to teach hero . Just not my preference:/ hero sounds awesome though . Maybe one day . For now it's a pass.
Yolanda
Beauty and the Beast, Phantom of the Opera...who cares I loved them all and I LOVED this one equally as much!

Hunter had me rooting for him since the first book when I heard he was scarred. I have a thing for the ‘underdogs’. Emotionally scarred or physically who cares? Don’t you just want too protect him and love him to death? LoL

I loved this book. I loved Gretchen and how she reacted to him! I loved their time spent together and how he opened up to her. I’m a sucker for a beautiful story.

Just l

• Stripped Bare (Joker's Wild, #3)
  • Ask Adam (Tanner Siblings, #2)
  • The Accidental Mistress (Mistress Trilogy, #2)
  • Bound by Him (The Billionaire's Club #3)
  • A Little Harmless Obsession (Harmless, #3)
  • Worth the Risk (Worth It, #2)
  • Flirting with Disaster (Camelot, #3)
  • When Marrying a Scoundrel (Victorian Soap Opera, #2)
  • Something Reckless (Albright Sisters, #2)
  • Beauty and the Rake  (The Rookery Rogues, #3)
  • Song For Sophia (Rougemont, #1)
  • Officer off Limits (Line of Duty, #3)
  • Island Heat
  • Tempt Me Tonight
  • Tempting the Bride (Fitzhugh Trilogy, #3)
  • The Boss’s Fake Fiancee  (Bencher Family #2)
  • Wild at Heart
  • Wanna Bet? (Dirty British Romance, #2)
This is a pen name for Jill Myles.

Jill Myles has been an incurable romantic since childhood. She reads all the 'naughty parts' of books first, looks for a dirty joke in just about everything, and thinks to this day that the Little House on the Prairie books should have been steamier.

After devouring hundreds of paperback romances, mythology books, and archaeological tomes, she decided to write a fe

Billionaire Boys Club (6 books)
  • Stranded with a Billionaire (Billionaire Boys Club, #1)
  • The Wrong Billionaire's Bed (Billionaire Boys Club, #3)
  • Once Upon a Billionaire (Billionaire Boys Club, #4)
  • Romancing the Billionaire (Billionaire Boys Club, #5)
  • One Night with a Billionaire (Billionaire Boys Club, #6)
“I don’t find you ugly, Hunter. No one who knew you could.” Her voice was achingly soft. “If anything, I’m grateful that you have these scars, because they saved you for me— for this moment in time. And that’s a little selfish of me, isn’t it? And yet I can’t help but feel that way.” 43 likes
“The scars were not beautiful, but they were fascinating. They made him different. She liked different.” 18 likes