Start by marking “Rescued by a Stranger” as Want to Read:
Rescued by a Stranger

Rescued by a Stranger

(Rural Gentlemen #2)

She’s a woman full of dreams.

When a stranger arrives in town on a vintage motorcycle, Jill Carpenter has no idea her life is about to change forever. She never expected her own personal knight in shining armor would be an incredibly charming and handsome southern man—but one with a deep secret.

He’s a man hoping to outrun a tragedy.

When Chase Preston jumped on his motorcyc
Published October 1st 2013 by Avon Impulse

Jill
Oct 10, 2013 rated it liked it

Gaele
Sep 25, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: avon, jeep-diva
A sweet story that has so many different elements combining to keep the reader entertained, Lizbeth Selvig managed to make a 400 page story speed by with the clever characters, insets of humor, animals and a town's fight against a corporation.

Jill is a veterinary student: home for the summer working at the clinic, working in the stable where her horses are housed, teaching riding lessons and harboring a dream of making the olympic team. When she swerves her hated suv into a ditch to avoid hittin
Carolyn
Nov 05, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014
I really liked that they didn't just jump into bed. They had a real relationship with real problems. They weren't ridiculous or over the top problems either. Just things that can happen in the course of normal.
Misty (Reds Romance Reviews)
Endearing characters, captivating story line, and sweet toe curling romance... Rescued by a Stranger has it all! I highly recommend you get your hands on this little gem of a story, it promises to leave you heart happy!
Alex Rosa
Sep 18, 2013 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this right from start.

This being my first book review since becoming a tour host I was a bit giddy to get my hands on my first ARC copy, and I jumped right into it. I snuggled up with this book after a rough day, knowing a good book has the power to cure sour dispositions and within the first three chapters my lips couldn’t help but twitch into a smile right along with its smitten, but cautious main character Jillian Carpenter. Her passion, and quirks had me wanting to root for her rig
Kimberly
Oct 04, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2013-bookshelf
Rescued by a Stranger was my first read by Lizbeth Selvig, and I thought it was a really good way to start off with a new author. I'm not a huge contemporary romance fan but I every once in awhile I come across one that I like enough to add the authors other books to my shelves.

I liked Chase and Jill, I thought they were a good couple and I liked the chemistry that built up between the two of them and since I'm a huge fan of rescuer heroes this one was a departure from my normal reads and I lik
Darkand
Oct 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was my first foray into a world created by this author and I was absolutely blown away. (Even though the copy of the book that I got was missing pages 130,131,132, and 133 which I hope to someday read.) The way this author phrases things, how she describes the emotions of the lead characters, their inner monologues - they were all exactly how I wish I spoke & thought all the time.
For example: "He talked, but she did little except listen, spellbound, to his accent. Words rolled into eac
Nolan
Dec 25, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: bookshare
I actually enjoyed reading this. Jill Carpenter will find a place in your heart from the front page forward. She's a down-to-earth unassuming veterinary school student who loves horses and has the talent to potentially ride in the Olympics. She also loves people and has a kind heart. She drives a truck called Creature, and she' certain it intends to kill her.

That truck seems malevolent enough on the day Jill slides off the road in it and needs to be rescued. Her rescuer comes in the form of Chas
Carol Moss
Dec 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
In Rescued by a Stranger, Lizbeth Selvig takes us back to Kennison Falls, where the Minnesota farm town is rebuilding after a tornado. But it appears other storms are brewing.

While a construction company heads up local repairs, plans also are afoot for a gravel quarry, a project that could hold negative consequences for a nearby state park. Onto the scene rides Chase Preston on his vintage motorcycle. A man with a past, he’s on the emotional lam from tragic circumstances in Memphis. Life changes
Jeanie Jackson
Aug 14, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
Lizbeth Selvig is an amazing author. This is the fourth her books I have read since discovering her recently. I have loved everyone of them. I enjoy the fact that she puts realistic community issues in each book, keeping us tied to the great characters of the town as well as our magnificent main characters. They are magnificent but they are not perfect, but it is there weaknesses that let us see the characters and get to know them as well as providing fair background for conflicts in the relatio ...more
Nikki Barrett
Oct 07, 2013 rated it really liked it
What happens when tall, dark, and mysterious rides up to save a woman on a motorcycle? Love? Trouble? Or a little bit of both perhaps? That's Chase in a nutshell. He's battling a few inner demons, but he's one of those characters you could fall for instantly. I know I did. I love the way he and Jill interact. Their banter sometimes just cracks me up! And I love how their relationship builds slowly. They get to know each other. As they spend more time together, their feelings grow. nice and stead ...more
Samantha ♔ Sam's Book Basket
3 – 3.5 STARS!!!

FULL REVIEW HERE: Clickety click ;)

Rescued by a Stranger is a good read for your spare time. It's a sweet, cliché story about falling in love with the person you least expect and falling in love way too fast. The characters were absolutely lovely and the story too.

Jeraca
Sep 28, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: arc
I got this book as a free eARC from Edelweiss and Avon publishing company.

This was a cute novel. I thought it was a little long winded at times and the author got very descriptive about things I wasn't necessarily into, but overall it was good.

I did like the horse aspect of the novel. I've only ridden a horse once in my life, but I am fascinated with them and love a good story or film about horses.

This isn't my usual cup of tea - I'm more into the Young Adult and New Adult novels - but I did
Lola Karns
Jan 21, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lizbeth Selvig brings the sexy and the sweet in Rescued by a Stranger. The hero, Chase Preston, arrives in Minnesota on the back of an old Triumph as he tries to outrun a past better left in Memphis. When he rescues Jill Carpenter and a dog, he gets more than he bargained for. Chase must decide if he wants to live in the past or have a future.

I love the small town vibe Selvig created. The town's problems come to life and the secondary characters are winning. Might there be another romance or tw
Poongothai
Mar 19, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was a sweet story with many other things added to the romance like horses, town's fight against the builder, etc. This was my first book by the author and I'm happy for discovering her. Chase and Jill were wonderful characters with many issues to overcome and I liked how their chemistry turned into romance. Robert was a surprising character and he was my favourite in the story
Robin Selvig
Sep 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another well written story by Lizbeth. Again set in Kennison Falls, Mn, we get to know new characters, but also learn about the town's survival after the devasting tornado. Good charter development and the requisite dogs, horses and more.
Cynthia Womble
Jul 23, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good read for travel

Well written and interesting. Loved the descriptions of the riding lessons and horses. The romance was believable but a little strained. Overall a nice read for a day of plane travel.
Bette Hansen
Oct 12, 2013 rated it really liked it
A warm sweet love story that will leave you with a smile on your face. Chucked full of humorous southern sayings and sweet touching moments. The second in a series but it can be read as a stand alone. Recommended.
Erin
Jan 11, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Decent for the genre, with lots of motorcycles and horses (if you are into such things), but I still can't fathom Northfield as romance territory.
Michele
Sep 10, 2013 rated it really liked it
Actual rating: 4.5 stars

See my full review:

mary ragsdale
Sep 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Rescued by a Stranger.

I really enjoyed
this book. Better. Than anything . I've read in awhile . I hope she write s. More like this.
Lynn Lovegreen
Great romance with a good measure of heartwarming small town setting! (Note: sexy scenes too)
Ann Lorz
Sep 20, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: contemporary, doctor
This is a fast paced story with many ups and downs. The characters have much that they have to figure out in their lives and will be shocked where that help comes from.
Kellie
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • Sugar Babies
  • Sinful Rewards 6: A Billionaires and Bikers Novella
  • Laird of Ballanclaire
  • Something to Prove (The O'Learys, #3)
  • Second Chance with Her Soldier
  • Backfield in Motion (Seattle Lumberjacks, #4)
  • Peril for Your Thoughts (Kindle Serial)
  • A Perfect Holiday
  • Emotionally Compromised (Emotionally Compromised, #1)
  • Leather Boys (Men in Motion, #4)
  • The Deeper the Passion...
  • Hero of Mine (Men in Uniform, #2)
  • Not Just the Boss's Plaything / A Devil In Disguise
  • The Night Belongs to Fireman (The Bachelor Firemen of San Gabriel, #6)
  • Flirting with Forever (Everson, Texas, #3)
  • Covering Kendall (Love and Football, #4)
  • Cowboy Jackpot: Valentine's Day
  • The Wedding Vow (Save the Date, #2)
Award-winning author Lizbeth Selvig writes fun, sexy-sweet contemporary romance. She is a winner of the Romance Writers of America Golden Heart® award, and a finalist for RWA’s prestigious RITA® award. She turned to fiction writing after working as a newspaper journalist and magazine editor, and raising an equine veterinarian daughter and a talented musician son. Lizbeth shares life in Minnesota w ...more

Rural Gentlemen (4 books)
  • The Rancher and the Rock Star (Love From Kennison Falls, #1)
  • Beauty and the Brit (Love From Kennison Falls, #3)
  • Good Guys Wear Black (Love From Kennison Falls, #4)