Start by marking “Keeping Her (Losing It, #1.5)” as Want to Read:
Keeping Her (Losing It, #1.5)

Keeping Her (Losing It #1.5)

3.75  ·  Rating details ·  11,703 Ratings  ·  978 Reviews

Published August 13th 2013 by William Morrow

Cora Carmack
Jul 13, 2013 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Keeping Her is a sequel novella to LOSING IT. It is written from both Garrick and Bliss's POV, and takes place AFTER the events of LOSING IT. Please note though: it is NOT a full-length novel. I never intended to write a full sequel to Bliss's story, but I thought it might be fun to give you a little glimpse into what happens after their happily ever after.

I hope you all enjoy!
description

And just when I thought I couldn't love Garrick even more...

Blurb: Garrick Taylor and Bliss Edwards managed to find their happily-ever-after despite a rather . . . ahem . . . complicated start. By comparison, meeting the parents should be an absolute breeze, right?
But from the moment the pair lands in London, new snags just keep cropping up: a disapproving mother-in-law-to-be, more than one (mostly) minor mishap, and the realization that perhaps they aren't quite as ready for their future as the
Kat
Jun 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Edit June:
OH MY GOD, CORA! OH MY GOD!
GARRICK, GARRICK, GARRICK!

description

OH LORD! MORE OF GARRICK AND BLISS!
GARRICK'S POV! DAMN IT! HOLY SHIT! I CAN'T BREAAAATH!

Kassidy
Aug 17, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: novellas, ebooks
A cute continuation of Garrick and Bliss :)
Elizabeth
May 01, 2013 marked it as to-read
Garrick's POV?!
Miriam Mathew
Aug 27, 2013 rated it did not like it
Can I just ask the author community something?

Why in the world would you want to have an insecure heroine as a protagonist. It's becoming an annoying trend. I would understand it if it was because of the character's growth. I love seeing a character evolve from an insecure heroine proud of who she has become and kicking ass.

But Bliss?!?!?

description

You have an amazing guy who literally worships you and you spend the time worrying about how you're not perfect for him?!?!?!

Girl, please. You take insecurity t
Jennifer Tariah
May 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
description
my face when i found this.
Catarina
Jun 08, 2013 rated it really liked it
4 Clumsy Stars!

description

This short story was real sweet.
It happens after Garrick and Bliss got engaged and they are going to London to meet Garrick’s father. And when they get there Bliss completely understands why he doesn't like to talk about his family.
And with the nerves getting the better of Bliss and increasing her clumsiness, she only wants to be accepted by his family.

I loved this sweet story. It was great to see more of them and just as the book, this was hilarious!!
If you are a fan of the s
Aamina
Apr 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing
OMG!
this book is gonna be from Garrick's POV
happens after the Epilogue
i cannot believe this
I. CANNOT. WAIT.
Michelle (Much Loved Books)
I've waited all day to read this. I loved getting to see Bliss and Garrick in a new environment and seeing how they act. Meeting his family was definitely a high point for me, and while I don't particularly like his Dad, I like the attitude of his Mum.
One thing that I really didn't like was it ended far too soon for me, I wanted more Bliss and Garrick in London.
Tami ReadingTeabag
May 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Leider viel zu kurz!
Sofia Lazaridou
Apr 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Here is a preview for Keeping her!

This is the only book in the series that cannot be read as stand alone. The story takes place some time after Faking it. Bliss and Garrick are engaged now and it's meet the parents time!

Garrick comes from a family with money and his parents have the bad behaviour rich people have. When Bliss met them I didn't like them because they seemed so cold and like they didn't thought her good enough for their son. But in the end I
bibliophile (Romance Addict)

This is a novella that starts after Losing It. It had a dual POV, between Garrick and Bliss. Although this was a very short novella, it was very funny and quirky. I enjoyed reading it so much, and I remembered the first book, which I read a long time ago, probably a year or two!

The novella starts with Bliss and Garrick traveling from the USA to London to meet Garricks parents for the first time. From there, it rolls and Bliss was all like..

photo tumblr_inline_mmurhyghYG1qz4rgp.gif

I'm really glad I read this because I wanted more of
Jessica
Feb 03, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
Haven't read this series in a long time. Realized I missed this one it's so good to be reunited to this couple again. A cute romantic comedy with steamy parts loving it. I love Garrick always asking "Marry Me " so sweet.
Danielle
May 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I can’t explain how nervous I was when I picked up Losing It. Still a novice when it came to New Adult, my introduction to the category hadn’t always been…successful. I was wary of certain themes particularly virginity and the idea that it was something wrong to possess after a certain age and it’s apparent need to be dispensed with as quickly as possible in order to be considered “normal”. So when I picked up LOSING IT, a book based around the topic I was certain this was a car crash waiting to ...more
Claire Robinson
Jul 01, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: shit-hot-series
I loved Losing It, the beginning of Garrick & Bliss’ story. So I was pretty excited when I found out that Cora Carmack was giving us another installment in their journey together and in London no less!!

This book is told from Dual POV, which I found really worked for the issues that were being dealt with. I love Garrick so being able to read what is going through his mind enhanced the story 100% for me. Cora has released a few Garrick POV’s over the last few months, and I must admit that I lo
Michelle
May 23, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: novella
Its a cute and lovely story. It continues Bliss and Garrick's love story in London where Bliss finally meets Garrick's parents and introduces her as his fiance. This novella is told from both Garrick and Bliss' point of views. Readers get to witness how strong their relationship is.They both clearly demonstrated that communication, trust, and love was all that they need and that they could handle any obstacles that stood in their way. Plenty of sweet moments between Garrick and Bliss. The ending ...more
Holly Noelle
Sep 14, 2013 rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: Fangirls of the first book

ARC supplied by Edelweiss.

Beware of spoilers

I didn't like the first book in this series so I didn't exactly go into this novella with high hopes. It was not as bad as I thought it would be, but it certainly didn't impress me either. I had issues with this throughout the entire thing and it had only a couple redeeming qualities.

1. Bliss.

Girl, you might very well be one of the most obnoxious chicks I've ever read. I thought Bella Swan was insecure, but you, lady, take the cake. She
Jenn
This novella was pointless. I don't even think I'm going to write a full review. It was more of Bliss whining about how she's not good enough and how klutzy she is and how she doesn't deserve Garrick. Blah. The only good thing about this was it took place in London. And since only one page was devoted to all of the site seeing that they did, that couldn't even save it. Also, someone please explain to me why almost all new adult books need to have a pregnancy - either real or a scare. It's almost ...more
Carien
Jul 15, 2017 rated it liked it
When looking for the next book in this series I noticed this novella. It was less than 4 Euro so I bought it together with the second book in the series.

And this is a nice read.

It's a novella so not a lot is happening, but it is a nice little extra to Bliss' story. There's lots of British ale, meddling family, miscommunication, and a happy end.

All in all a short and fun read for those who want a little bit more Bliss and Garrick after having read Losing It.
Michelle
Aug 12, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: 01-signed
I adore Gerrick & Bliss, so why just 3 stars? I am not sure what I was expecting, but this felt way less than 100 pages. It was simply just one scene - a good scene, but still just a scene.
Rachel (The Rest Is Still Unwritten)
*want* *want* *want* *want* *want* *want* *want* *want* *want* *want* *want* *want* *want* *want*
Jana Aston
Aug 15, 2013 rated it really liked it
...... that was really short. Ends at 71% the rest is a teaser for her next book. Heh. It was good enough. I don't know why it was necessary to the story.
Jessica
Aug 10, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed, new-adult
4.5/5 stars

As soon as I heard Cora was writing a novella about Garrick and Bliss I was all kinds of excited. And then when I heard it was dual POV, I was even MORE excited! Don't get me wrong- I loved and adored Cade's story, but I did find myself missing Garrick and Bliss, wondering what they were up to. Losing It was such a cute, fun read and one of my favorite things about Bliss was her awkwardness and clumsiness. It makes her very endearing to me. So happy to report that Bliss is still the s
Camila, the opinionated Catruler
Aug 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Bliss/Garrick fans
Actual rating: 4.5*

After reading and loving Finding It, I couldn't help but get my hands on this novella, especially since I had already bought it. Here we re-encounter the first couple in the Losing It series, but this time we get the opportunity to explore both Bliss' and Garrick's POVs. To be honest, it was fantastically done.

The thing I love about Cora Carmack is that all her characters are different and unique, even if some are hard to love at first. Bliss, Garrick, Cade, Max, Kelsey, Jack
Linda
May 19, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: top-tbr

Keeeping Her is the follow-up novella to Losing It. This story continues with Bliss and Garrick heading off to London to visit Garrick's parents.

Keeping Her is a fun novella that gives us a glimpse into why Garrick left London and moved to the States. I enjoyed that this book was told from Bliss and Garrick's point of view. I loved getting to know Garrick's friends Graham and Rowland from back home. Overall this story was cute and sweet but it was too short. I wanted more. I hope to read m
Nay Denise
Jun 11, 2014 rated it really liked it
Pretty great novella to Losing It. I love Garrick and Bliss. They overcame their shortcomings in this. I loved that they went to London and encountered his family and friends. Bliss definitely went in head first, but she came out on top with their love still intact. Perfect.
Diana
Jun 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Update 19.8.13

Finished the book.... review to come.

OH.MY.GOD!! GARRICK'S POV!!! Can't wait!!
Beth Toups
Feb 18, 2015 rated it liked it
I actually enjoyed this more than I thought I would. Tho I do kinda want a little more.
Mimi Valentine
Mar 06, 2014 rated it liked it
Cute. Short. Bridging. Honestly, I was just happy to see that half of it was in Garrick's point of view x) <3
  • Trust in Me (Wait for You, #1.5)
  • A Little Too Hot (A Little Too Far, #3)
  • Drew + Fable Forever (One Week Girlfriend, #3.5)
  • Holy Frigging Matrimony: A Tangled Series Short Story (Tangled, #1.5)
  • Are You Mine?
  • Crossing the Line (Pushing the Limits, #1.1)
  • Perfect Regret (Bad Rep, #2)
  • Two Roads
  • Façade (Games, #2)
  • Be My Downfall (Whitman University, #3)
  • The Ever After of Ella and Micha (The Secret, #4)
  • Game. Set. Match. (Outer Banks Tennis Academy, #1)
  • Castle Hill (On Dublin Street, #3.5)
  • Fifty First Times
  • Christmas Catch (The 12 NA's of Christmas)
  • Playing for Keeps (The Game, #2)
  • Picturing Perfect (Love of My Life, #3)
  • Here Without You (Between the Lines, #4)
Cora Carmack is a twenty-something writer who likes to write about twenty-something characters. She's done a multitude of things in her life-- boring jobs (like working retail), Fun jobs (like working in a theatre), stressful jobs (like teaching), and dream jobs (like writing). She enjoys placing her characters in the most awkward situations possible, and then trying to help them get a boyfriend o ...more
More about Cora Carmack...

Losing It (3 books)
  • Losing It (Losing It, #1)
  • Faking It (Losing It, #2)
  • Finding It (Losing It, #3)

Romance Deals

• Wynn in Doubt
  • Until Harry
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Lethal Consequences (Aegis Security, #2)
  • Things I Should Have Known
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Waiting for the One
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Bombshell (Hollywood A-List, #1)
    $3.99 $2.00
  • Guardians Of Stone (Relic Seekers, #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • All the Secrets We Keep (Quarry Road, #2)
  • Queens of Geek
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Consumed by Fire (Fire, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Off the Record (Record, #1)
  • The Lovely Reckless
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Never Kiss a Rake (Scandal at the House of Russell, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Enslaved by the Ocean (Criminals of the Ocean, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Plain Perfect (A Daughters of the Promise Novel)
  • Love Fortunes and Other Disasters
    $7.09 $2.99
  • On the Record (Record, #2)
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
  • The Journey Home
    $3.99 $0.99
  • True to the Highlander (Loch Moigh #1)
    $4.99 $2.00
  • Losing Control (Kerr Chronicles, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The CEO Buys In (Wager of Hearts, #1)
  • Love, Lies & Spies
  • Faking It
    $3.99 $1.99
  • 'Til the End of Time: A Loveswept Contemporary Classic Romance (Sedikhan)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Where Darkness Lies (Criminals of the Ocean, #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Good Girl (Love Unexpectedly, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Immortally Yours (Argeneau #26)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Immortal Collection
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Unspoken (The Vampire Diaries: The Salvation, # 2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Golden Surrender (Viking #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Beautifully Forgotten (Beautifully Damaged, #2)
  • Been Here All Along
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Blue Lines (Assassins, #5)
  • Honor Bound
  • The Way to Game the Walk of Shame
  • One Pink Line
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Redemption (Penton Legacy, #1)
  • Promise Me
  • The Wedding Pearls
    $4.99 $2.00
  • For Every Solution, A Problem
  • Friction
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fountain Of Secrets (Relic Seekers, #2)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Royal Affair (Royals in Exile, #2)
  • Through the Smoke
  • Finding Bliss
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Frozen
  • She Has Your Eyes
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Cuffed by His Charm (Dirty Little Secrets, #4)
  • Dancing in the Rain
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Bodyguard (Hollywood A-List, #2)
    $3.99 $2.00
“Life’s too short to waste time living it any other way.” 29 likes
“WAIT, WAIT! JUST one more!”
“Bliss, there are children waiting.”
And they probably hated us, but I was just so glad to see her smiling that I didn’t care.
“Yeah, well, they all just jumped on the bandwagon. Most of them weren’t alive when I read Harry Potter for the first time.”
I turned to the Canadian family behind me and said, “I’m so sorry. This is the last one, I promise.” Then I took one more picture of Bliss pretending to push the luggage cart through the wall at the Platform 9¾ monument at King’s Cross Station.
A little boy stuck his tongue out at Bliss as we left. I pulled her away before she could follow suit.
“That kid better watch it. I’m totally a Slytherin.”
I shook my head, smiling.
“Love, I’m going to need you to pull back on the crazy a bit.”
“You’re right. Realistically, I’m a Ravenclaw.”
13 likes