Start by marking “A Little Too Much (A Little Too Far, #2)” as Want to Read:
A Little Too Much (A Little Too Far, #2)

A Little Too Much

(A Little Too Far #2)

In the follow-up to Lisa Desrochers’ explosive New Adult novel A Little too Far, Alessandro Moretti must face the life he escaped and the girl he loved and left behind.

Twenty-two year old Hilary McIntyre would like nothing more than to forget her past. As a teenager abandoned to the system, she faced some pretty dark times. But now that’s all behind her. Hilary has her lif
Published November 12th 2013 by William Morrow Impulse

To ask other readers questions about A Little Too Much, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Little Too Much

Christy
Sep 18, 2013 rated it really liked it
4 Stars!!!

photo 14d4d84b-c346-47b4-a78e-9fc94504a0e9_zpsd3acbe0e.jpg

While reading A Little Too Far, I fell in love with Alessandro Moretti. I was glad to hear he was getting his own story. I’m happy to say it didn’t disappoint. I enjoyed this just as much (maybe even a bit more) than the first book!

Alessandro had a tough life growing up. Even though he has spent the last few years of his life serving others, he feels broken and lost, living a life full of guilt for his past. One of the main things he feels guilty for, the ghost that has followed him
Patrycja
Oct 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing

Contains spoilers of A Little Too Far, first book in Too Far Series

image

After reading beautifully heartbreaking and totally out of this world steamy - A Little Too Far - I was in book nerd heaven. Lexi story was perfect new adult read that held a great promise of forbbiden love, passion and lots of lust. But no matter how much I loved Lexi’s story, my heart broke into tiny little pieces for Alessandro. He literally stole my heart – handsome, inteligent, honest, noble and gentle, he’s my perfect man
Lisa Desrochers
Aug 30, 2013 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: new-adult
A LITTLE TOO MUCH is in the world, and I'm so excited y'all are reading and enjoying Alessandro's story. As a holiday gift to you, here's a little semi-nude Alessandro hotness!

Chris- Bookaddict
Sep 18, 2013 marked it as to-read
LIVE ON AMAZON

Alessandro Moretti Story!!!!!! I can not wait to see what happens with him
 ~*~Princess Nhya~*~
Solid 3.5 Stars

By the time I reached the 46% mark of this book, these were my thoughts...
This story is alright, I guess. So far. But I was hoping for Alessandro's POV and for the story to be told more from his angle. Not Hilary's. Since book 1 is where I met Alessandro and is what got me interested in Alessandro's story in the 1st place. And this "gripping emotion" I've heard that's so paramount in this story, has yet to really show herself. At this point, book 1 was much more intense & emo
Katarina Silva
More Reviews: NOVA Reviews

I hate it when I hate characters... But this book made me do just that to all of them asides Alessandro and Brett. A little too much was a disappointment for me, mainly because I have said it before that I think that Alessandro belongs with Lexie.

The story is quite good but I couldn't connect with all of the characters and their emotions so they all seemed bland and kind of meh...

description

Hilary is really annoying and made me throw the book away a lots of times, that's how i
Victoria Mars
Confieso que leí este libro solo por Alessandro y me aburrí como ostra.
Cero química la pareja Hillary y Alessandro. CERO.

description

Lexie y Ale eran mucho, pero mucho mejor juntos. Mil veces más divertido.

Kim
Sep 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Find this review and more at kimberlyfaye reads .

"Just like in Shakespeare, when you fall head over heels in love with someone you don't even know, it's never going to end well. Love killed Juliet when she was thirteen. I made it all the way to fourteen before it nearly killed me."

Hilary McIntyre is twenty-two and living in New York City with her boyfriend. She's trying desperately to make it big as an actress. She's also trying to forget her past. It's working pretty well until her past sh
Nov 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: book-boyfriend
I waited for this book with bated breath. I absolutely fell head over heels with Alessandro in A Little Too Far and was heartbroken when Lexi didn’t choose him. If the story had ended there I would forever have a dark whole in my heart for this man. That is what Alessandro does to you. He gets into your soul.

I was so glad he would have his own story and it did not disappoint. When we learn of his early life and tribulations my heart ached for him. You could feel his guilt and sorrow coming thro
April
Nov 24, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2013-reads

In this book we meet Hilary, an inspiring actress. Who also to be someone that Alessandro (Yes, Alessandro-the-almost-priest) knew in his past.

I totally loved A Little Too Far so I was very happy when I heard that there would be a sequel. Oh boy, I was disappointed.
Silvia
Touching!

Hilary and Alessandro met when she was 14 and he was 16 at a halfway house for kids. There was really no supervision there and no guidance to speak of so they found solace in each other. Due to circumstances beyond their control, they were separated for 8 years. When Alessandro comes back to find Hilary will she be able to forgive him for deserting her at the most vulnerable time in her young life? I absolutely loved this story and was swept away in this second chance romance!
Mary
Aug 31, 2013 rated it liked it
Liked it, but did not love it.

I really REAAAAALLLYYY wished we had Alessandro's POV. I felt that there were still so many things left unsaid and so many questions that needed explaining, and we've barely scratched the surface because we only got Hilary's side of things. Sighhhh.

I did tear up with some parts though. I can never resist a second-chance romance story like this anyway. Still looking forward to the 3rd book!
Aestas Book Blog
Sep 18, 2013 marked it as to-read
Sequel to A Little Too Far where "a favorite character must face his past — and the girl he loved and abandoned." -- Coming November 12, 2013.
Kristi
Sep 03, 2013 rated it really liked it
you got me Lisa! didn't see that one coming. I must be losing my touch. i think i liked this one better than the first one. :)

review to come.
Zemira (Kylo Ren fangirl) Warner
I wonder if Hilary had Alessandro's child. Or even his brother's kid.

Hah! I knew it!
Lindy
Sep 08, 2013 rated it really liked it
My Thoughts:

A Little Too Much, by Lisa Desrochers, is the sequel to A Little Too Far. I absolutely LOVED, A Little Too Far and even thought I think that Lexie ended up with the right man, I felt so bad for Alessandro, and wanted him to get his "happily ever after." Alessandro was a beautiful character. He had a heart of gold, and a soul filled with darkness from the heavy burdens of his past. Alessandro had decided to become a priest as reparation for all the people he hurt in his teenage years.
Farrah
Nov 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing
My Rating: 4.5/5

Steamy, emotional, romantic, and full of secrets, A Little Too Much was a fantastic New Adult romance. It was a lovely sequel to the absolutely amazing A Little Too Far and I really enjoyed reading it. Loved it!

Hilary was a heroine who had been through a lot. She was toted around in the foster care system, manipulated by guys who only wanted her body and couldn't care less what she wanted, and faced the consequences of that. After being burned so many times, she was not willing t
Kirsty
Sep 24, 2013 rated it really liked it
We were introduced to Alessandro in the first book in this series, A Little Too Far, and I loved his character. I hated the situation that he eventually ended up in (view spoiler). When I realised book 2 was his I was a little apprehensive, but I am pleased to say that this book didn't disappoint in the slightest.

From book one we know that Alessandro had an ex who he shared an interesting history with. Th
TJlovestoread Blog
Sep 21, 2013 rated it really liked it
The four stars are only for Alessandro....

I am not going deep into this review, since many have said it all before me. I loved A Little too Far! I actually liked how (view spoiler)

I loved that he got his own book and mostly due to his decision to face his "ghosts" and went back to look for the only other girl
Angela

DNF at 13%. After not being impressed with the first in the series (A Little Too Far), I started this one because it purported to focus on Alessandro, the most interesting and nuanced character of the initial installment. Unfortunately, the writing remained tedious and uninspired, the main character and narrator (Hilary) wasn't likable or sympathetic, and the regular New Adult cliches were out in too much abundance for me to handle.
(Tori-Smexybooks) smexys_sidekick
Better late then never. lol

The follow-up to A Little To Far gives us a heart wrenching coming of age story of love, loss, forgiveness, and redemption when a young man comes home and reconnects with the woman he once loved and had to leave behind. Emotionally deep with a realism that wasn't quite as defined in book one, Lisa Desrochers captures the tone and voices of her characters perfectly as she helps them discover and slay the ghosts of their pasts in order to have the future they so richly
Mimi Valentine
Nooooooooo, Alessandro! :( He turned from sexy-sweet to way too self-depreciating and guilt-ridden. And a lot of the story was so dragged out that I found myself skimming (which I NEVER do). And I really didn't like Hilary. And I guessed the "twist" literally the second Hilary mentions something about five pages into the book, which throws THAT out the window.

I don't think I'll be continuing this series, even with how much I adore Lexie and Trent. Not my cup of tea. :(
Olivia Fox
Nov 11, 2013 rated it really liked it
I wanted to love to book, but I already knew that wasn't going to happen.
Don't get me wrong the story is very good and the writing makes you connect with the characters. And I think if I hadn't read the first book I'd have liked this book more. But in A Little Too Far I fell in love with Alessandro and I believe he should have ended up with Lexie.
Katya2007
Sep 23, 2013 rated it really liked it
I fell in love with Alessandro in ALTF and was so excited to read his story. This book was from Hilary's perspective and we still got a lot of Alessandro through the dialog and story.

I love this series and look forward to more from Lisa Desrochers!

****4 stars ****
Mirian
Oct 12, 2013 rated it did not like it
I loved the first book, I was looking forward to read this one and I dnf at 40%. I could not take anymore reading about directions and trains numbers of NYC. I could not believe what I was reading. O_o
Amypi
Aug 15, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Der 1.Teil war viel viel besser. Dieser Teil hat sich einfach nur gezogen und war lw
Alyssa

Publisher: William Morrow
Publication Date: November 12, 2013
Rating: 3 stars
Source: eARC from Edelweiss

***Warning: this book contains mature subject matter, and is for the eyes of mature readers***

Summary (from Goodreads):

Jessica
Nov 13, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: blog-review, arc
Lisa Desrochers' A LITTLE TOO MUCH is the second book in her A Little Too Far series. If you’ve read the synopsis for both books then you know Alessandro doesn’t get the girl in A LITTLE TOO FAR (I really hope you don’t consider this as a spoiler). I’ll be truthful, I’m team Alessandro all the way and still believe Lexie chose the wrong guy. Either way, I’m glad Alessandro got his own book because we get to spend a little more time with him.

We have good characterization and I really liked gettin
Barbara Ann
Sep 25, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs, series
I was happy to have the opportunity to review the much anticipated sequel to Lisa Desrochers’ A Little Too Far, and just like the first book, A Little Too Much does not disappoint!
If you haven’t read A Little Too Far, which introduces the main character, Alessandro Moretti, whose story is featured in A Little Too Much, I strongly recommend you do so before reading this book and perhaps this review.

Alessandro is a handsome young man who is filled with guilt and regret about many mistakes he made
Richa
Aug 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, edelweiss, for-review
Originally posted at City of Books

A Little Too Much is an incredible follow-up to one of my favourite NA novels. It's a beautiful blend of romance, drama and humour, and the intensity of the emotions you'll come across in this book will blow you away. Lisa Desrochers is an amazing author, and this novel kept me up late at night because I just couldn't put it down.

When I found out that A Little Too Much is Alessandro's story, I freaked out. I loved him so much in the first book, and I'd been dyin
  • Dark Frame (East Park, #2)
  • Everything Between Us
  • Better (Too Good, #2)
  • Past Imperfect (Perfect, #2)
  • Tease (The Ivy Chronicles, #2)
  • By Referral Only (Whitman University, #2)
  • Bad Cop (Immortalis, #2)
  • Beautiful Broken Mess (Broken #2)
  • Undaunted (Knights in Black Leather, #1)
  • Heart Breaths
  • Stir Me Up
  • Lie to Me (Redemption, #1)
  • Four Seconds to Lose (Ten Tiny Breaths, #3)
  • Tell Me Why (Fringe, #1)
  • I See London (International School, #1)
  • Falling Stars (Thompson Sisters, #1.5)
  • Wrapped in You (Waiting for You, #2)
  • Greed (The Seven Deadly, #2)
Lisa Desrochers is the USA Today bestselling author of the A LITTLE TOO FAR series, courtesy of HarperCollins. Also in stores is her YA PERSONAL DEMONS trilogy (Macmillan). Look for her upcoming adult contemporary featuring hot Mafiosi, begining with OUTSIDE THE LINES , coming from Penguin in October 2015.

She lives in central California with her husband and two very busy daughters. There is n

A Little Too Far (3 books)
  • A Little Too Far (A Little Too Far, #1)
  • A Little Too Hot (A Little Too Far, #3)
“We've got priests and prostitutes and a gay girl from Biloxi. Yep, just your average Christmas morning.” 6 likes
“I think about you all day and I dream about you all night. I want your days and I want your nights. I want all of you.” 4 likes