Start by marking “The Complete Memoirs of Casanova the Story of My Life (All Volumes in a Single Book, Illustrated, Complete and Unabridged)” as Want to Read:

What can be said about Casanova? Writer, seducer, poet, socialite, philosopher, friend of royalty, Mozart and Voltaire, wit, playwright, lover of life, man on the run. His life was more colourful than the most far-fetched tale and he was a lover and seducer as well as loved and seduced himself. His memoires run to several volumes of gripping narrative, being considered to ...more
Published April 5th 2013 by Benediction Classics

Be the first to ask a question about The Complete Memoirs of Casanova the Story of My Life

Start your review of The Complete Memoirs of Casanova the Story of My Life (All Volumes in a Single Book, Illustrated, Complete and Unabridged)
Simon Maxwell-Stewart
Mar 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
(Taken from my review of the final volume of Casanova's Memoirs).

It's been some three or four years since I first read this, but Giacomo Casanova's loomed large in my psyche ever since.

We have an unusually progressive doctor from what is now the Czech Republic to thank for these memoirs' existence. Upon a routine check-up with an ageing, ailing, anomic Casanova, this doctor noticed that the Venetian would become animated whenever he alluded to his past exploits, and so recommended that he spend
Juan Rivera
Jan 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: lecturas-2019
Finishing the longest book I've read in my life, after the bible: "The history of my life", by Giacomo Casanova ...

A collection of conquests of all kinds, which always ruined him. The search for bohemian life and approaching bad companies prevented him from reaching where he could have come, since he was intelligent, well-educated, had a good complexion and was not ugly.

Perhaps the strongest point of the book is when his daughter claimed that he had not allowed her to live his childhood, as he
Sneh Pradhan
Jul 03, 2013 rated it really liked it
Although Giacomo Chevalier de Seingalt Casanova , ( Phew !! That's a mouthful ) is widely (in)famous for his multitudinous affairs and seduction skills , this self-penned memoir reveals him to be a true intellectual and in some degree , a genius too !!!
Max