Start by marking “Diary of a Teenage Fairy Godmother” as Want to Read:
Diary of a Teenage Fairy Godmother

Read Excerpt

Diary of a Teenage Fairy Godmother

(Diary of a Teenage Fairy Godmother #1)

A Fairy Godmother is not some pixie in a pink tutu. She’s a guardian and a warrior. Lilliana Skye is sent undercover to a Texas high school to save one of Cinderella’s troubled descendants, but everything goes wrong.

Jessica Harrison hates Lilliana. She doesn’t believe in fairytale magic or happily-ever-afters. Jess is tough, angry, and so intelligent it’s scary. If she ev
Published April 3rd 2013 by Ink Lion Books (first published April 1st 2013)

Start your review of Diary of a Teenage Fairy Godmother
Brittany
May 16, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads
*(I won this book through the First Reads giveaway section on Goodreads in May 2013)*

This is a wickedly cute book! The only other book(s) I have read about fairies were the Modern Faerie Tales series by Holly Black. And I can't remember them entirely so it was like being introduced to a whole new world. Not just the fairy genre, but Lilliana's world. This has been by far one of the cutest books I've read.

The title suggests that it's a love story, and I must admit there is some romance involved b
Marlene
Oct 17, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
If it weren’t for the fact that I love Kathleen Baldwin’s books and am starting to run out of them, I probably wouldn’t have gone for this book next. I was definitely intrigued by the cover, but I don’t tend to read either young adult or fantasy novels. However, I am happy to say that I was delighted with this book and thoroughly enjoyed it, with no regrets for straying from my preferred genre of Christian (or clean) romance.

Diary of a Teenage Fairy Godmother (2013), independently published by
Crystal
This novel was one very quick read. Don't mistake this for me disliking it. Sometimes quick reads to me = bad, and in some cases it is a good thing, and for Kathleen Baldwin, this was a good thing! It was fast paced, good humor, wonderful writing and pretty much all the elements that I look for in a novel.

Lilliana was a great fairy godmother. Poor thing was on her first assignment, and was not given an adequate description (and I'm not talking physical) of her charge. Jess had all the niceties
Aoibheann { ⊱Aoibh Reads⊰ }
also posted on; http://aoibhreads.blogspot.ie/2014/08...

Rating: 3 Stars!

Summary:

Lilliana Skye is not your average teenager. Lilliana is an undercover Fairy Godmother to Jess Harrison, a descendant of Cinderella, and helping Jess is her first mission after graduating from her training. The only problem is that Jess hates Lilliana immediately and wants her gone. Jess is still grieving over the death of her eldest brother, and fears Lilliana has ill intentions with getting involved with her othe
E.A.
So in truth I started reading this book because I was on nights and I couldn’t sleep after shift. I was hoping this walking cliché would lull me to sleep, but instead I ended up reading the whole thing in one sitting. In saying that, I didn’t get much sleep before my next shift.

I was impressed with the way this story turned out. Lilliana was something, she was strong, dedicated but annoying. Jess wasn’t too much better. I liked her hard hitting attitude at first but it got old fast. Sure I unde
Suzanne Ferrell
May 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ms. Baldwin and Ms. Sisco have taken the beloved Cinderella tale and not only given it a unique twist, but great attitude. What starts out as a simple mission for this Fairy Godmother, (freshly graduated from her training), to "watch over" her charge, (a Cinderella descendant with anger issues), turns into a discovery of truths for both the Fairy Godmother, Lilliana, her charge Jess, and all the friends that make up their team. Baldwin & Sisco take us from the everyday world of high school into ...more
Kimberly
Jul 31, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fairy-tales, ya
My daughters know I have a weakness for fairy tales, especially Cinderella tales so they handed this one to me after they finished. Part of the fun for me is to see what the author does to the story to make it unique. In this book, instead of Cinderella needing help from her fairy godmother it is her descendants many generations later that need help from a fairy godmother. Definitely an interesting premise. I would recommend the book to anyone who enjoys young adult fairy tales.

Lilliana is a fai
Sara Cardon
Jan 20, 2015 rated it really liked it
This is such a fun story! Lilianna is a fairy godmother on her first assignment to help one of Cinderella's descendants. But Jess doesn't want help. She wears combat boots and fills them, all tough and ANGRY after her oldest brother's death. No simple makeover will help get Jess back on course. Lilianna keeps checking her manual wondering what she's doing wrong - her operative won't cooperate, her operative's handsome, sweet brother is distracting, and her attempts to blend in aren't working. To ...more
Betsy
Mar 31, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed
I thought at the start that all the characters were a little shallow and it fit, as this is a high school story, but the depth comes as you keep reading. Through the godmother POV you get to see and feel undercurrents to everyone's actions, which made things a little more interesting for me. Lillianna is the fairy godmother and she is sent to save Jessica, who is Cinderella's descendant. But right from the start Jessica hates Lillianna. Jessica is horrified when her brother, Jake, likes Lilliann ...more
Bailey Baxter
Sep 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I have a thing for fairy tales. Always did. So, when I saw the Diary of a Teenage Fairy Godmother, I had to read it. How could I not?

And I was not disappointed. The book is a magical tale of a young fairy godmother on her first assignment to help a hurt, angry young woman named Jess. She soon discovers that there's more to the story - HER own story. And Jess (and her friends) end up helping HER as she delves into secrets of the past - and faces a powerful enemy she never knew she had.

It's a stor
Michelle Miles
Such a fun book!

This is so much fun. I loved the story and the characters. Lilliana is a fairy godmother who has been assigned Jess, a teen who has lost her brother in a horrible car accident. Jess thinks Lilliana wants to sink her claws in her older brother, Jake, and tries to explain to Jess she’s here to help him. Both Lilliana and Jake try to ignore their feelings for each other but find it difficult. And when an evil fairy godmother threatens to destroy Lilliana and her friends, they all ba
Venus Smurf
I won this in a giveaway--not through goodreads--and though I'd only planned to take a quick peak at it, I ended up staying up until almost midnight reading.

This book has a charming plot--fairies are going to be the new vampires, I'm sure--with plenty of interesting characters, action, romance, and, of course, magic. The characters themselves have some great backstories, and I love the way they interact. The main character, Lilliana, is also very well written. The plot did move a little too quic
Virginia Boylan
Oct 02, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: contemporary, sci-fi
This was a very fun book. Though the premise of a fairy godmother being not only not a mother but not even adult, was a bit startling, the writers made it work. It was clever to have the mentor turn out to be the villain, but I found her motivation puzzling. The episode in the car was absolutely terrific, and the following battle in the magical world was even better. Giant killer bunnies? A friendly dinosaur? Wonderful twists on tradition and fairy tales, and the surprises just kept coming.
Vikki Wright
Jul 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! Yes it is a light read about fairy godmothers and meant for YA but I loved it! The characters were vivid and believable, the writing was fast paced with not so much as a lag, and the concept was a delightful original twist on a classic fairy tale theme. I was immediately sucked into Lilliana's world. I never wanted to leave, so I didn't get to bed until 2:30 that morning when I finished it.

I can not find anything to improve on this book except... give me more.
Evie Owens
Mar 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
"A Fairy Godmother is a guardian and a warrior, not a giggling pixie in a pink tutu."

So begins "Diary of a Teenage Fairy Godmother" and right there, I was hooked. This is a fast, fun read with more than enough world-building for fantasy fans and grand action scenes that will keep you reading. I especially loved the excerpts from the"Fairy Godmother Training Manual" that were sprinkled throughout. Can't wait for Book 2!!!
Emily
May 01, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Officially the last time I buy a book on a whim. Insta-love, shallow reasoning, and one character with more angst than I knew what to do with make up my major complaints. Why did I read this? Because I'm a teenage girl who gets distracted by flowery descriptions. I might have to go read a dictionary just to feel intelligent again.
Brandi
Apr 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Such a good book! This ranks right up there with Cinderella with a little Rambo thrown in! The characters were excellent and the story flowed wonderfully. A fairy godmother in training is sent to a descendant of Cinderella in order to save her. Things aren't what they seem when she begins to work and soon they are in a battle for their lives.
Kaemea
Dec 04, 2013 rated it really liked it
Cute enough to want to read the next one. Needed a bit of editing work, but all in all, a very neat story with a great premise. I look forward to seeing how Jess turns out. I want to like her, but...not yet.
Kirsti Call
I read this book because it was a daily kindle deal. It was definitely a fun read. I loved the idea of a teenage fairy godmother. I thought the characters were complex and interesting. Some things were predictable, but overall, a light fun read!
Paula Bothwell
Oct 21, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: teen
PG -
Language: no swearing,
Sex: no sex,
Violence: fantasy violence (wiping out monsters).
Fun and cute book, light on romance. It reminded me of the kid-lit Percy Jackson series by Rick Riordan. It's satisfying as a stand-alone, but a sequel would easily follow.
Marielle
May 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This was a really good book With different out looks
Frances
Oct 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing
loved it can't wait for the follow up
Amy
May 03, 2016 rated it liked it
Fun young adult read. interesting take on fairy godmothers.
Karie
Aug 03, 2015 rated it liked it
Interesting premise, but the romance was extremely rushed.
Grace
Apr 28, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
It's a cute, light read. Definitely written for a younger audience but I still enjoyed it.
Kathy
Jun 08, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2013
3.5 Stars
Review to come
Content: Clean (a couple mild words)
Carole
Apr 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Diary of a Teenage Fairy Godmother by Kathleen Baldwin and Andrea Sisco.
Beth
Oct 31, 2017 rated it it was ok
Diary of a Teenage Fairy Godmother started out with promise: an interesting world concept, a challenge for the protagonist, supporting characters with potential, and a chemical romantic attraction.

It first started turning me off when the male love interest went from "I'm attracted to you" to "I would die for you" (and seemed to lose all interest or concern in his sister, best friend, and everything else) in the span of less than a week. For some reason, I can accept that Jess' demanding attitude
Julie
Sep 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Loved! I love a good fairy tale, and this is a good fairy tale. The story follows a group of friends, Jess-the descendant of Cinderella, Jake- Jess's brother, Cai and Maggie- Jess's friends, Mark- friend of Jake and Lilliana-Jess's fairy godmother. The tale is wonderful as it delves into how we deal with tragedy, friendship and challenges that can either make us stronger or turn into deep anger. I am excited that there will be another book because I would love to continue reading about these cha ...more
Goodreads Librari...: Please Correct Page Count 2 187 Nov 25, 2016 09:28AM
Madison Mega-Mara...: #178 - Diary of a Teenage Fairy Godmother 1 1 Nov 04, 2016 11:19AM

• Bringing Down the Duke (A League of Extraordinary Women, #1)
  • The Places I've Cried in Public
  • The Grace Year
  • A Beautifully Foolish Endeavor (The Carls, #2)
  • Gulliver's Travels
  • Cinder & Ella (Cinder & Ella, #1)
  • Shōgun
  • The Second Chance Supper Club
  • Five French Hens
  • The Unbelievable, Inconceivable, Unforeseeable Truth About Ethan Wilder
  • The Start of Something Good (Stay, #1)
  • A Grand Old Time
  • A Brand New Ending (Stay, #2)
  • Cleo McDougal Regrets Nothing
  • A Room with a View
  • All Roads Lead to You (Stay, #3)
  • The Sorrows of Young Werther
  • A Worthy Rebel (An Uncertain Choice, #5)
Award-winning author Kathleen Baldwin loves adventure in books and in real life. She taught rock climbing in the Rockies, survival camped in the desert, was stalked by a mountain lion, lost an argument with a rattlesnake, enjoyed way too many classes in college, fell in love at least a dozen times, and married her very own hero. They’ve raised four free-spirited adventurous children.
Find more abou