Start by marking “I Know You're There” as Want to Read:
I Know You're There

I Know You're There

(I Know You're There #1)

Jill Bradley is a 24-year-old nurse whose life is going great; she’s established herself in her new career, and she’s looking forward to getting engaged to her high school sweet heart. When life’s tide changes and she is bombarded by tragedy, loss, and betrayal all at once, she can no longer cope. In a moment of despair, she books a trip to a Caribbean island in an effort ...more
Published April 5th 2013 by Sea and Farm (first published April 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about I Know You're There, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I Know You're There

Aditi
Anita Diamant, an American author, has explained the bond between a mother and her daughter, as,
“The more a daughter knows the details of her mother's life, the stronger the daughter.”

And that's what, I Know You're There by Susan Allison-Dean is all about! A mother's secret and a daughter's moment to learn it and how still after learning the truth, their bond falters, but never breaks apart. Jill is one such character that would love to hold on to her forever, she is sweet and determined and h
Linsey
Jul 18, 2013 rated it really liked it
I got this book free through a giveaway.
I was instantly hooked into the book and wanted to know more. The book was very interesting although I wished it ended differently. I wish it would have included Bane and about where his life was 5 years later as well. Other than this I loved it
Susan
Sep 05, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: traveling-book
I KNOW YOU'RE THERE is a debut novel by Susan Allison Dean. It is the story of Jill Bradley. She is a nurse that has a pretty sweet life. One night after working a double shift her life changes forever. She is involved in a car accident that kills the couple in the other car but spares their unborn baby's life.

After she moves back home to rehab she finds out her life really wasn't what she thought it was before her accident. After more truth than she can handle about her parents she runs away to
Amy
Jul 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
A lovely first novel from this author. Combines issues/places that she obviously knows very well Descriptions of people and places are very well drawn and realistic, from nursing to the feel of a cove to the colors of sun on a rug. Love, loss and being a caregiver. I enjoyed reading this book.
Allison
Dec 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Once I started this book I couldn't put it down. I loved the description of heaven and seeing all your loved ones. I loved every character and I didn't want the book to end. I wish the book had continued instead of skipping ahead 5 years. I am highly recommending this to my best friend!
Kathleen
Mar 14, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
In her debut novel, author Susan Allison-Dean weaves an intriguing story that delves into the intricacies of a mother-daughter relationship and family dynamics, the experiences of life's ups and downs, and a journey of self-discovery.

Jill Bradley is a nurse in the adult medical-surgical unit at Riverview Hospital in NYC. After working a double shift, Jill is involved in a car accident on her way home. She hit a car head on with a young couple who were on their way to the hospital to deliver thei
Stephanie
Mar 10, 2014 rated it it was ok
I Know You’re There is the story of Jill, a young and caring nurse with a great life ahead of her. She loves her work and life until things take a bad turn. In just a short time, she and her long-term boyfriend cut ties and she gets into a horrific car crash that changes her life. She also discovers tragic family secrets that will shake her to her core. In a bold moment, and not knowing what else to do, she books a spontaneous trip to a faraway island to escape her downward spiraling life. There ...more
Charlotte Lynn
Jul 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing

Nurse Jill Bradley has her life all put together. Great job, amazing co workers, handsome long term boyfriend, and a supportive family. Until she awakes in an icu ward after an accident where the passengers of the other car were killed but a new born baby survives.

When Jill moves back home to rehab she learns that her family has not told her all the truths. She runs away to an exotic island. Will she hide from her problems? Will she face them and move on with her life?

This is a first novel for S
Kelly
Feb 16, 2014 rated it liked it
"I Know You’re There" is Susan Allison-Dean’s first novel. The protagonist, Jill, survives a tragic accident only to experience two more traumatic events soon after. Jill feels betrayed by her brother and father, and her reaction to these feelings and events sets her on a soul-searching journey filled with heartache, adventure, and awakening.

Jill is a strong-enough character with whom I can identify on some levels. I enjoyed this as a quick read and it held my interest as Dean has created an eng
Marion Grassie
Jul 17, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: giveaways
I received this book for free through Goodreads First Reads. Big thanks to Susan Allison-Dean! That being said, the following is my considered review of the book.
This poignant story of a caring young nurse with a seemingly perfect life who is suddenly forced to deal with tragic and life-changing events and to question her family relationships. In order to make sense of her life, she escapes to a Caribbean island.
While the story moves slowly throughout the first half, the pace progresses somewhat
C.L.
Sep 25, 2013 rated it really liked it
This was a sweet, quick read that focuses on mother-daughter relationships, and on the power we find that enables us to move on when life throws unexpected curves. I enjoyed the relationships, but felt that there were some pacing issues. That could just be me, however--I usually lean more toward mysteries and thrillers. Pacing was stronger in the second half and I enjoyed the island setting--a beach vacation on a day when it was a bit dreary outside.:)
JaeJae
Jun 02, 2015 added it
I received this book and the sequel free in the Goodreads giveaway. I enjoyed this book - the story was engaging, the characters were fairly well-developed and interesting, and I wanted to keep reading to see how things turned out. I like this author and I do look forward to reading more from her, starting with the sequel to this book.
Joanne
Aug 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book....started it last night and finished it this morning. I found the characters and story believable, and most of the characters likable. The only part I wished was developed more was that with Bane. Anyway, great vacation read!
carol
Sep 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
Easy read, felt comforting. No real racing plot just a gentle read before closing your eyes at night
Cindy
Aug 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I choose this book from a book review. I was not disappointed. It is a great story about a mother and daughter help each other through tragedy. It was a great story.
Debra Lagravinese
Sep 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Great book and very easy read! Read the book during a plane ride.
Gayle Cappelluti
Jun 15, 2017 rated it liked it
This story takes the reader through the depth of loss and despair after 24-year-old nurse , Jill, awakes from a devastating accident, learns of the horrific destruction she has left behind, and decides what to do next. Complications ensue when her mom's behavior disappoints her. What's going on? While she has never been perfect, Jill certainly hoped for more from her at this trying time.
I won't tell you what causes her Mom's confusing behavior, or what other losses Jill suffers before she decide
Christy
Mar 19, 2014 rated it really liked it
4.3 Life Lessons on Forgiving

Jill is a nurse who has always taken her job seriously. Sometimes too serious and one night with her not being able to say NO, she stays for a double shift that causes her to fall asleep behind the wheel and drastically change the way she lives her life. She never thought she would be moving back into her parents home after getting out of the hospital, and learning that she has lost her job that she loves so much. Better yet, she was never prepared for the secret tha
Paula
Aug 24, 2013 rated it liked it
I won this book in a first reads giveaway on goodreads.com and I am happy to have had the opportunity.

I enjoyed this book. However, I feel like there was so much going on that the author didn't have the opportunity to focus on any one issue adequately. For example: After agreeing to work a double shift at the hospital, Jill is involved in a car accident with a couple traveling to the hospital to deliver their unborn child. The two parents are killed and the baby lives. Initially I thought this w
Nash Norden
Jan 03, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: chick-lit
I received a copy of I Know You're There by Susan Allison-Dean from the author/CLP Blog Tours as part of the blog tour.

Jill Bradley had a great life. She’s had her career as a nurse and looking forward to getting engaged to her high school sweetheart. Her life changed forever after one night working a double shift. She was involved in an accident that killed a couple traveling to the hospital to deliver their unborn child. The two parents are killed and the baby survived.

At first, I felt like
Glenda
Sep 21, 2013 rated it liked it
Jill Bradley is a nurse living near New York City. One night after working a double shift at the hospital, she falls asleep at the wheel and accidentally hits a car on its way to the hospital: with a mother, father, and unborn baby in it. After Jill wakes up from her coma, she learns the parents died, but the baby lived. If this wasn't enough, during her recovery at her parents' home she finds out they have been keeping secrets-some for a long time. Not wanting to stay one more moment in New Yor ...more
Dee
Oct 21, 2013 rated it it was ok
Review Copy Provided By Author

I think if I had read the description that was on goodreads or amazon rather than just the back of the book, I might have been less surprised by the story and possibly enjoyed it more. However, the description on the back of the book was limited to the accident that occurs in Jill’s life, and so I was expecting more reprecussions from that and to have more of a mystery draw out about it – rather than a women’s lit, coping with life, dealing with tragedy that I got.
Jena
Jul 19, 2013 rated it it was ok
GOODREADS WINNER!!
Thank you for sending this to me so promptly..this book seemed to have a great 'structural' outline but didnt seem to quite fulfill it's potential. I felt the island getaway portion lacked depth and seemed cliche and superficial with an occasional in depth idea thrown in....author seems to be emerging as a really strong author...just not this novel
Shelby
Oct 07, 2013 rated it liked it
2 1/2 stars so I will give a 3. I had no connection to this book. It took me forever to read. It was a tough subject not to have an opinion on and not one I particularly enjoyed. Not because Im sad or dont like reading about these kinds of things. Quit the opposite-what I believe is in no way would this book work out the way it did.
Laurie Albano
Jun 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed the tale of Jill Bradley and her struggle to find her rightful place in life. It's something we all yearn for, and Jill does it with bravery despite the tragedy that befalls her and the family secrets that come to light.

Susan seems to write with an ease I admired. I'm looking forward to more of Jill's story as well as more of Susan's work.
Barb Morris
Aug 09, 2015
Tessa
Jul 24, 2015
« previous 1 3 next »
Sisterhood of the...: I Know You're There by Susan Allison-Dean 86 22 Feb 10, 2014 11:07AM

• Unconscionable (Richard Coleman, #3)
  • My Greek Drama: Life, Love, and One Woman's Olympic Effort to Bring Glory to Her Country
  • Dancing On Their Tails
  • There Is No Mrs. Gezunterman
  • Closure of the Helpdesk — A Geek Tragedy
  • Gabriella and Dr. Duggan's Secret Dimensional Transport Machine (NuGen, #1)
  • The Caretaker (Ranjit Singh, #1)
  • Crazy Little Thing Called Love (Everson, Texas #2)
  • Love Me Anyway
  • Death Ain't But A Word
  • Learning to Play With a Lion's Testicles: Unexpected Gifts From the Animals of Africa
  • Georgia Sweethearts
  • Bear is Broken (Leo Maxwell #1)
  • Arc
  • Finding God in the Dark: Faith, Disappointment, and the Struggle to Believe
  • Time Is the Oven
  • The Demon's Sermon on the Martial Arts: A Graphic Novel
  • Where You Can Find Me
Susan Allison-Dean is an advanced board-certified Holistic Nurse. While creating healing gardens for her clients, she felt a nudge to write a novel. As much as she tried to shoo the idea away, it insisted on being written and 'I Know You're There' was born. Then came a sequel, 'By The Sound Of The Crow'. Her third novel is due out this summer.

She has authored several clinical and horticulture arti

I Know You're There (2 books)
  • By The Sound Of The Crow (I Know You're There, #2)