Start by marking “Revival, Vol. 2: Live Like You Mean It” as Want to Read:
Revival, Vol. 2: Live Like You Mean It

Revival, Vol. 2: Live Like You Mean It

(Revival #2)

For one day in rural central Wisconsin, the dead came back to life. Now, the living and the recently-returned struggle to maintain a sense of normalcy, amidst political and religious conflicts.

Collects REVIVAL #6-11.
Published July 17th 2013 by Image Comics

To ask other readers questions about Revival, Vol. 2, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Revival, Vol. 2

Start your review of Revival, Vol. 2: Live Like You Mean It
Anne
Nov 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Alright. Well, this was just a giant chunk of awesome.

description

Truthfully, I'm not 100% sure what the hell is happening in this thing, but that's ok. There's enough real-life drama happening in the background of all the paranormal/sci-fi stuff that I'm sold on this as a solid title. I mean, isn't the benchmark for any great story incorporating the fantastic into it, is that it still reaches out and grabs you in the nads because it reminds you of the mundane? Even if it's set on Mars or populated by
Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin

I'm still loving this graphic novel series even though I'm only on Volume 2. I think they are bizarre and different. I don't understand them sometimes the way they go back and forth, but they are just awesome.

I love the art and I think it really reels me in because it's a horror novel that takes place while it's snowing. Lol! I love the Winter. Hopefully if these continue on beyond the Winter I will still love them!

Dana, who is a cop is still trying to find out who killed her sister Martha.
karen
okay, on the one hand, seven months is not a really long time to wait between volumes, and if i were more disciplined, i could have kept up with the comic books that were published individually in between the collected graphic novel editions of these books and could have lessened my waiting time and had short bursts of gratification, but on the other hand, seven months feels like a REALLY LONG TIME when you WANT TO KNOW WHAT IS GOING TO HAPPEN FOR THE LOVE!!

zombies and "rural noir." two of my
Chad
Apr 15, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018
Even better the second time around. Seeley answers the mystery of who killed the messed up stepbrother of the reporter. Then introduces us to some more fucked up people of this town. Enter one old, redneck, racist, gun nut and three brothers up to some messed up shit. Plus these are more ghosts in the woods and Revivers off doing crazy shit. This book really is Fargo with people returned from the dead and it's addictive as hell. I'm not really sure why Netflix or HBO hasn't snapped this up as a ...more
Dennis
Holy moly! This continues to be terrific!

The Revivers are a nationwide phenomenon now. And everyone seems to have some kind of interest in them. Especially of the religious and political sorts. Everybody wants to have a piece of the cake and some, more literally, a piece of the Revivers themselves. Yes, we get introduced to a group of black market organ dealers here and some whatthefuckery ensues.

Meanwhile Dana and her fellow cops still have a few crimes to solve and there is a growing number of
Mike
The more I read of this series, the more I struggle to keep the intrigues and characters' relationships (hell, even just the characters) straight. It doesn't get easier - it's just more disconnected vague allusions to a bunch of small-town politics and melodramas, and I'm realizing that the base premise of this series is just a false promise.

I don't think Seeley and Norton are doing a horror book or a supernatural thing - I think they're just stringing up a set of zombie lights to illuminate the
Sep 13, 2013 rated it really liked it

Book two in the Revival series kicks offwait, wait. Hold up a minute. Just look at that cover over there. *whistles* What a beauty! The simple, up close image pushed all my cover love buttonsgrabbed my attention, set my evil horror imagination wheels a turning, and made me smile, smile, SMILE! So gorgeous! Sorry for the drool. :) Back on track

Live Like You Mean It brings us back to Wausau, Wisconsin where for one day the recently deceased came back to life. Reporters, religious zealots, and
David Schaafsma
I only picked up the second volume because I have been reading the indie sci fi comics of Judson Madson (Carbon, Breathers) and like Revival, they are dark stories about central Wisconsin. This one takes place in Wausau and is about Zombies. I couldn't really get into the first volume, but thousands of people have been into it and reading it, so I came back to this for one last look.

This volume includes issues 6 to 11 of the series, with religious fanatics and black market dealings part of it.
Sesana
Apr 17, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: horror, comics
This book is quite good, but it would benefit from a few less storylines. And Seeley just keeps adding more! I'm still on the hook, for now, but this is starting to edge towards subplot overload.
James DeSantis
Jan 08, 2015 rated it liked it
Updated Review: So I still agree with a lot of what I thought before. It's a interesting enough idea but just not fully realized. I think my major issue is not getting connected to any of the main characters and so it's hard to hear. This volume still good, it's moving at a decent pace, but nothing is really grabbing me and making me go "MUST BUY". So My 3 out of 5 remains.

Old Review: There's parts of this volume that are exciting (Especially final issue) but the rest is just eh, not all that
Melissa
Mar 14, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-books
I still don't know what's going on with those white ghost-y guys in the woods. I'm a big fan of Em, especially, "It's more fun when you run," but rather than sew up any older plot points or give more info on stuff that's already happened, too much new stuff is introduced - black market Reviver body parts & the gruesomeness that implies, whatever is going on at Ken Dillisch's house, "true white partiot" (ugh) Edmund Holt, Em's teeth falling out? I guess, the Gift of Life group. I like reading ...more
Giota
Sep 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novel
The plot thickens and more is revealed in vlo.2 about the revivals and the characters past.

A lot more characters are introduced and you have to try to keep up with them. It is worth pointing out though that the author has made effort to include characters from different cultures, religions, age groups and there is an equal representation of make and female characters. I also like the fact that the characters are smart and proactive

My favorite is Martha Cypress, there is something so raw and
BookCupid
Sep 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic
Heck yeah!

You know how comic sequels tend to emphasize on flashbacks and getting to understand where our characters are coming from? This one just puts us right in the action.

Although the information provided to our cop and journalist weren't much (no actual leads) the authors provided us with graphic terror and tender Coop scenes to keep the pace going. I know they'll have to find the balance between characterization and plot soon, but for now, this was a fun ride.
Caron
Apr 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
★ ||Actual Rating: 4.5 stars|| ★

This was so much better than volume 1. I loved it!

Review to come soon.
Kurt
Jul 17, 2013 rated it really liked it
This collection of stories doesn't quite reach the genre-defying heights that so enthralled me in the first volume (Revival, Volume One: You're Among Friends), but it still tells some really good crime stories that take advantage of a peculiar setting. The background of the book, if you haven't read the first volume (which, by the way, you should read, especially before picking up this one), is that on a random day in a small Wisconsin town, a random group of dead people suddenly returned to ...more
Bert
Jun 02, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comic-book
In case you don't know about this series: the dead have come alive again (in a rural village in Wisconsin), but they're not zombies. But they're also not the people they used to be, and every now and then it becomes clear that something sinister came along with the town's revived loved ones.

In this second collection more and more story strands appear (and thus more characters), and they get intertwined and connected.

I've read the separate issues that are collected in this volume, and I have to
JenLovesBooks
Jul 07, 2019 rated it it was ok
This one left me with tons of regret. And, that's not a good thing. There were way too many pages that had context I could have really done without. It's very hard to skip through any areas in graphic novels, so it says a lot when I tell you I skimmed through most of this volume.

I didn't find much of what I enjoyed in the first volume anywhere here. There were way too many characters added that i felt weren't needed at the moment, paragraphs upon paragraphs of unwanted dialogue, confusing parts
Chinook
Perhaps Im just better at telling the character apart now or perhaps the storyline tightened up a bit in the second volume, but I definitely felt like I was following along better this time. Not a lot happened, but there were a few new things set up and furthering the plot a bit. Im curious to see what comes next.

Apparently this is rural Noir. New genre for me.
Tasha
Nov 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
Enjoying the rural town backdrop and small town mechanisms in this series. The revivers dealing with their come backs in different ways, the weirdness in the background going unnoticed by most of the town, the family relationships developing and evolving.
Jeannette Nikolova
Dec 30, 2018 rated it liked it
Also available on the WondrousBooks blog.

Although this series might seem as one focused on the death, revival and the meaning of all of that, I would say that, much like the tv show The Leftovers, it's not about death at all. Rather, it's about life, and especially the lives of the people in small towns in America, trapped in their life choices.

Sure, Revival offers a lot of gore, blood and guts, but more than that, it opens the topic of how people cope in certain situations and what their
Kelsey
Aug 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I have relatives in rural North Dakota, and I was always impressed with my dad's description of the situation: "like a dried up pond that's been concentrated."

There's something about small towns, and small towns in the Midwest that grow smaller. They have a creeping sense of claustrophobia, that no new blood is coming in and infusing new ideas.

That's the sense I get from Revival, the biggest impression. This is a town that's been percolating in the same old thoughts and people for a while now.
Jessi
Jan 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
There are definitely some improvements happening in this volume! We get more backstory to the characters, more action, and we're introduced to more mysteries occurring within the town and characters (like what the heck happened to the sister)... it's finding ways to draw you in and keeps you guessing. I'm still not as taken with this series, but can see the slow build its creating. I want more answers. I want to get to the bottom of the questions it keeps creating. And because of all of that I'm ...more
Nicole
Jul 13, 2014 rated it really liked it
I'm really enjoying this series. Rural noir meets kinda-but-not-really zombies and weird ghost things that no one has explained yet, wrapped in some really stunning art and quite a bit of humor for the overall dark tone. The characters and setting are believable for the most part, and I can't wait to find out what happens next. Guess I need to start planning my next trip to the comic book store...
Paul
Aug 27, 2013 rated it really liked it
Nice art, good premise for a story. Interesting cast of characters, mostly beleivable... even the walking dead ones.

Still too many cliffhangers, I'm still left with a "what the hey is going on?" kinda feeling by the end of the volume.

Still, looking forward to reading volume three when that comes out, though by that time i'll probably have to dig out the first two volumes and have a re-read amathon.
Amanda Pearl
So good! I really love this series. It's so dark and twisted. Delightful.
Adam Stone
Feb 14, 2020 rated it really liked it
Volume two of Revival doesn't suffer from the "Up The Ante" problem that a more sci-fi or horror book commonly suffers from. Because Seeley is writing "a rural noir", the focus is characters, not shock value. So, while the absolute villains continue to be absolutely villainous, we also get some unexpected depth from some of the background characters from volume one, as well as new characters. And the depth is believable.

A white supremacist isn't as awful as expected, but he is fucken awful in a
Andrew
Sep 30, 2014 rated it liked it
This book pretty much picks up right where the first volume finishes off - with the town now becoming more and more like a pressure cooker - with pressure building from both sides - you know that it will not end well and all the while the reason for this one place this small town to be the focus of such events is all part of the appeal. My only worry is that if there is an explanation it will just not be grand enough or satisfying enough to feel that all this grief and anguish was justified - ...more
Mike
Aug 22, 2013 rated it really liked it

I picked this up because: I really liked volume 1.

Synopsis: The residents of Wausau, Wisconsin are coming back to life. Not as brain-eating zombies, but as regular people that are a little off. The town has been quarantined to keep the condition from spreading. At this point, the town is trying to adapt to the new status quo, with varying degrees of success. The reasons behind the reincarnations are unknown.

This second story arc moves the story along well. The town of Wausau is having some
Vikas
Sep 29, 2014 rated it really liked it
In this part we have to deal with some Revivers body parts smugglers. And the things are heating up in the quarantined town. Tensions are flaring and more truths are being exposed.

I have always loved comics, and I hope that I will always love them. Even though I grew up reading local Indian comics like Raj Comics or Diamond Comics or even Manoj Comics, now's the time to catch up on the international and classic comics and Graphic novels. I am on my quest to read as many comics as I can. I Love
A Voracious Reader (a.k.a. Carol)
2.5

*Book source ~ Library

Things are getting crazy in central Wisconsin where the dead have come back to life and returned to their everyday routine. No one knows whats going on, but one thing is certain; as the government and religious institutions butt heads, the lockdown situation is about to explode.

Again, the concept is great and I love the artwork. However, its like watching a cartoon characters legs spin in place while they try to run away. Its not really going anywhere. Em is still
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• Nailbiter, Vol. 6: The Bloody Truth
  • Harrow County, Vol. 1: Countless Haints
  • Nailbiter, Vol. 5: Bound by Blood
  • Chew, Vol. 3: Just Desserts
  • Ex Machina, Vol. 3: Fact v. Fiction  (Ex Machina, #3)
  • Outcast, Vol. 1: A Darkness Surrounds Him
  • Chew, Vol. 12: Sour Grapes
  • Chew, Vol. 10: Blood Puddin'
  • Chew, Vol. 5: Major League
  • Chew, Vol. 9: Chicken Tenders
  • Chew, Vol. 8: Family Recipes
  • Ex Machina, Vol. 4: March to War (Ex Machina, #4)
Tim Seeley is a comic book artist and writer known for his work on books such as G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero, The Dark Elf Trilogy, Batman Eternal and Grayson. He is also the co-creator of the Image Comics titles Hack/Slash[1] and Revival, as well as the Dark Horse titles, ExSanguine and Sundowners. He lives in Chicago.

Revival (8 books)