Start by marking “The Clue in the Old Stagecoach (Nancy Drew Mystery Stories, #37)” as Want to Read:
The Clue in the Old Stagecoach (Nancy Drew Mystery Stories, #37)

The Clue in the Old Stagecoach

(Nancy Drew Mystery Stories #37)

While vacationing at Camp Merriweather near Francisville, Mrs. Strook, an elderly citizen, asks Nancy to find an old stagecoach her great-uncle had hidden. This stagecoach may contain a valuable treasure that would benefit the town that needs funding to build a new school. This book is the original text. A revised text does not exist.
Published 1960 by Grosset & Dunlap

Start your review of The Clue in the Old Stagecoach (Nancy Drew Mystery Stories, #37)
Olivia
Mar 03, 2014 rated it really liked it

"Nancy searches for an antique stagecoach that, according to legend, contains something of great value to the people of Francisville." [x]

This book holds memories for me because it was one of the Nancy Drew books in my elementary school library. I never read it then but I looked at the covers of all the books a lot so this one has been ingrained into my mind.

I didn't read this one until I was an adult and owned a copy, I recall loving it the first time. However not so much the second time...in f
Whitney
Jan 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: nancy-drew
So cute! Camping resort, tennis and badminton competitions, a runaway stagecoach that perhaps has CLUES inside, which leads Nancy and her gal pals George and Bess to explore the option of at least one other stagecoach that has for some reason been dismantled and buried on a farm.

Naturally, because the team hasn't managed to destroy all the stagecoaches in town, the locals decide to invite the young folks to participate in a parade. The girls need to wear those awful prairie dresses and bonnets;
Josiah
Apr 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Such a fun and exciting book! Nancy is is danger all the time, and there were a wide variety of suspects, unlike having only like 1 or 2. The wild west theme just makes it more exciting. This book is for any ages who enjoy mystery and adventure!
Victoria Goodbrand
Apr 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2020-reads
loved this one!!
John Yelverton
Jul 31, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Yet another great addition to the Nancy Drew mystery book series.
Apurva Khadye
Jul 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
Exciting read. Bit different than others in the series. Here there are wide range of suspects than usual.
Melanie
Nancy dates some guy other than Ned while at camp! Luckily that guy's father becomes gravely ill right before Ned and co show up to help the girls.

At some point, the girls have lunch that consists of chicken sandwiches and "molded vegetable salad." I have no idea what that is, and they're visiting an elderly widow, so it could either be something made of gelatin or something made during the Roosevelt administration.

They find treasure to help a town build a new school. The find, (view spoiler)
Greta
Great Nancy Drew. It had sense of setting which was interesting, a vacation hotel and the time period references to the old west were interesting. There was some fun humorous and campy moments with the girls. The villians were fun and will help give young readers a sense of character traits. The story plot had a poignancy and human interest angle that set it apart from some other mystery stories. The plot was action filled in way more like the first books in the Nancy Drew series!
Ella
Dec 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I love these books because they jump right into the story and they don't make me bored in the beginning or in the middle. Throughout the book things are always happening that make the story intense and gripping. I never get bored of them! ...more
Suziey
Dec 28, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
While staying at a camp, Nancy is asked by Mrs. Strook to help her find her Great-Uncle Abner’s hidden fortune. The old man passed away before he could tell anyone where it was hidden. The lone clue is an unfinished letter he wrote. Mrs. Strook hopes to use the money to fund the town’s educational program. Nancy, Bess and George quickly offer to help in any way they can.

Nancy comes to the conclusion that the key to solving the mystery is in Uncle-Abner’s old stagecoach. The problem is, nobody k
Alaina
Feb 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
This Nancy Drew book has intrigued me for years because the title led me to believe it would have something to do with the old west. Imagine my surprise when I finally read it and realized it was actually about a "young adult" version of summer camp. Despite my initial disappointment, this is a solid entry in the Nancy Drew series, though not one of my favorites.

There were definitely a few "WTF, Nancy??" moments. Like when she lets herself into a woman's home so she can show her friends how cut
Story_Girl
Apr 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
Another good old Nancy Drew mystery. This time Nancy is hunting for a long-lost stage coach that may or may not contain an important clue leading to a fortune. If she can find it for her elderly client, she might be able to help an entire town, by funding a school. But it isn't going to be easy. Nancy will have to contend with locals who do not want progress coming to their town, two fellow holidaymakers who are a little too nosy, explosions and threats. But that shouldn't be a problem when she ...more
Connie N.
Nov 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
#37 in the Nancy Drew Mysteries children's series

This was another enjoyable mystery, geared towards middle grades. I'm not sure if the idiosyncrasies are due to changing times or if they are odd when seen through adult eyes, but I'm always amazed at some of the actions in these books. For instance, when Nancy contacted the police about a clue she had discovered about the bad guys, she was asked to help with canvassing the neighborhood to help find them. And when they were arrested, she and her f
Yna Paez
Nov 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
“Oh Nancy, maybe you’d better give up this mystery,” Bess said fearfully.

Typical Bess. No mystery adventure of Nancy’s is complete without you.

I don’t appreciate Nancy being in the companionship of and semi-flirting with another guy in this story though. Fans like me demand exclusivity to Ned Nickerson only.

It’s always a wonder how Nancy comes to find clues and come across solutions conveniently though. How convenient that Rick Larrabee and the boys should leave days before Ned, Burt and Dave co
Jess-Marie
Feb 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: nancy-drew
This story was overall really entertaining and the search for the clue was fun to follow. The writing felt a little slow at first with a lot more telling than showing, but picked up as the story progressed.
My main issue with the story was that the bad guys in this one were (to quote Ray Stevens) about as "subtle as a chainsaw." They were constantly confronting Nancy, questioning what she was up to or even threatening her to her face! Losing the who-dun-it? aspect of the mystery was a little disa
Theresa
Jan 15, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I grew up reading and collecting the yellow bound 1970s versions of this series. A lot of them were lost through the years so I’ve slowly recollecting been them and recently was able to get 7 more giving me now 42 of them. This I one of them.

While staying at a camp for a vacation, Nancy and her friends are asked to solve a mystery involving a missing stagecoach that may include a clue to lost treasure.

There's a lot of confusing clues, details and people that were hard to follow at times. Some di
MysteryReaderLee
In this book Nancy and her friends go to a camp. When they are out driving, they see a stagecoach. Later on, they talk to a woman and she says that she has a great Uncle who owned an old stagecoach with a hidden secret in it that could be very valuable and it could help make a new school. Nancy imminently thinks of the stagecoach that she saw only a few hours earlier. (SPOILER the old stagecoach she sees in the beginning is not the one that holds the secret) Honestly I didn't like this book to m ...more
Atlanta
Jul 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
It's Nancy Drew. It's easy to read, the characters fall neatly into each their archetype and there's a mystery to be solved!

It uses the fairy tale way of story telling, challenges and the heroes coming in groups of 3, and it foreshadows key information early on without it feeling obvious.

Maybe not the most mentally challenging book for an adult, but definetly enjoyable when you just want to relax with some tea and escape into a world where young girls can be detectives without risking being shot
Moonkiszt
Nancy's #37 mystery was all about Francistown, and old timers who wanted nothing to change. However, the community had needs and an old family legend was brought forward as a possible way to help fund the little town's improvements. Nancy is brought in for it and begins search for a stagecoach. From there the villains arise and start wreaking havoc!

There were more than the usual amount of red herrings in this one, I thought. Ok, though as Nancy Drew's go. My quest continues - on to #38. I hear
Joanna
Nov 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
One of my favorite parts of the Nancy Drew books is there's always a section where you get taught something new--in this book it was about stamps. Additionally, I learned that, at least at the time this was written, swimming ballets were a thing. Who knew? ...more
Alex
Another delightful little Nancy Drew re-read.

However - who is this Rick Larrabee that Nancy is dating while on vacation?!?! She seems to have more chemistry with Rick in the one week she knows him than she's ever had with Ned. Poor Ned.
Isabella
Jul 02, 2020 rated it liked it
Through some sleuthing and with the help of her friends, Detective Nancy Drew works to solve a mystery around a secret fortune connected with an old stage coach. I liked the Western theme, and the larger range of characters involved. I found it a bit disjointed at times, and felt it wrapped up a bit too fast, but in all it was decent for a quick mystery read.
IrishFan
Aug 02, 2018 rated it liked it
I enjoyed this one, and do not remember reading this one when I was younger. They actually had trouble finding clues for this one, which is refreshing.
Kerry
Jun 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Pretty interesting cast of characters and scenery. It's Nancy Drew - what could go wrong? ...more
Margaret
Jul 14, 2019 rated it liked it
It was an atypical Nancy Drew...nice quick read.
Leeanne
Aug 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was a very exciting Nancy Drew mystery with lots of twists and turns.
K.L.
Oct 05, 2019 rated it liked it
Bit of a random mystery. I did love the couple that were following Nancy etc about all the time, and the fact that the girls were so uncharacteristically rude to them😂
Tara Hall
Aug 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
One of my favorite Nancy Drew stories!
Lauren
Sep 12, 2020 rated it liked it
This was a solid entry into the Nancy Drew archives, even if some of the details of the mystery were a little strange. I enjoyed this story, and encourage other Nancy Drew fans to check it out.
Em
Oct 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing
awsome
« previous 1 3 next »

• The Secret of the Mansion (Trixie Belden, #1)
  • The Mystery of the Spiral Bridge (Hardy Boys, #45)
  • Sulwe
  • While the Clock Ticked (The Hardy Boys, #11)
  • The Borrowers Afield (The Borrowers #2)
  • The Twelve Dancing Princesses: (Books about Princess Dancing, Unicorn Books for Girls and Kids)
  • La congiura di Praga
  • Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Omnibus, Vol. 1
  • The Haunted Fort (Hardy Boys, #44)
  • Daisy, Bold & Beautiful
  • The Golden Unicorn
  • National Geographic Kids Almanac 2020
  • The Berenstain Bears and the Sitter
  • Justin Morgan Had a Horse
  • 美少女戦士セーラームーンショートストーリーズ 2 [Bishōjo Senshi Sailor Moon Short Stories 2]
  • The Hotel Between
  • The Shore Road Mystery (The Hardy Boys, #6)
  • Serendipity Market

Edna and Harriet Stratemeyer inherited the company from their father Edward Str

Nancy Drew Mystery Stories (1 - 10 of 175 books)
  • The Secret of the Old Clock (Nancy Drew Mystery Stories, #1)
  • The Hidden Staircase (Nancy Drew Mystery Stories #2)
  • The Bungalow Mystery (Nancy Drew Mystery Stories, #3)
  • The Mystery at Lilac Inn (Nancy Drew Mystery Stories, #4)
  • The Secret of Shadow Ranch (Nancy Drew Mystery Stories, #5)
  • The Secret of Red Gate Farm (Nancy Drew Mystery Stories, #6)
  • The Clue in the Diary (Nancy Drew Mystery Stories, #7)
  • Nancy's Mysterious Letter (Nancy Drew Mystery Stories, #8)
  • The Sign of the Twisted Candles (Nancy Drew Mystery Stories, #9)
  • Password to Larkspur Lane (Nancy Drew Mystery Stories, #10)