Start by marking “The Swami's Ring (Nancy Drew, #61)” as Want to Read:
The Swami's Ring (Nancy Drew, #61)

The Swami's Ring

(Nancy Drew Mystery Stories #61)

When Nancy searches through the knapsack of an amnesia victim, she finds an unusual ring. Before long, she is caught up in a second assignment from a beautiful harpist. Nancy's discoveries reveal an important connection between the hospital patient, the harpist, and enemies from abroad.
Published April 21st 2005 by Grosset & Dunlap (first published 1981)

To ask other readers questions about The Swami's Ring, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Swami's Ring

Start your review of The Swami's Ring (Nancy Drew, #61)
Jerry
Feb 15, 2019 rated it liked it
Good...but not up to the standard set by the earlier books.
John Yelverton
Sep 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
The Nancy Drew book series definitely returns to its standard of greatness with this one. My only complaint was that she was attempting to solve too many mysteries at the same time, and that definitely keeps the reader from getting fully engrossed in the story.
David Hines
Oct 20, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A fan of the Hardy Boys for over 40 years, I nonetheless have a few Nancy Drew books, and when I came across a mint copy of The Swami's Ring at a used bookstore this summer, I could not resist picking it up. In this interesting story, Nancy is asked to solve the mystery of a young man suffering from amnesia, who has in his possession a solid gold ring that mysterious characters immediately try to purloin. At the same time, Nancy's father faces political troubles as he is caught in a dispute betw ...more
Joanna
Nov 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: to-buy
This has got to be the most interesting character story of the Nancy Drew books so far. Mr. Drew and Nancy are having issues since the town is suddenly turning on them. Nancy and Ned are having issues beyond his usual “you meet a lot of hotties on these cases” jealousy. And both Hannah and Bess and George fail Nancy when she asks them to protect things! It’s like a giant interpersonal nightmare and I loved it. I was way more interested in whether everyone was going to remain on speaking terms th ...more
Darinda
Oct 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: middle-grade
Nancy Drew and her friends stay in River Heights to solve the mystery in The Swami's Ring. Nancy wants to help an amnesiac patient remember who he is, plus a harpist in town wants Nancy's help looking for her sister. Of course, the two have a connection. Also, Ned is getting tired of all the mysteries Nancy is always running off to solve.

This one was better than some of the other later Nancy Drew mysteries.
Laura  (Reading is a Doing Word)
Not my favourite! There was a lot going on here - an amnesiac, a missing girl, a mysterious ring, a questionable retreat, a theatre conspiracy. It was all a bit disjointed and Nancy had to be rescued at the end!
Kerry
Sep 09, 2020 rated it liked it
There was too much going on and all the mysteries were interconnected which makes it a little hard to believe. These days Singh should not be an unusual name, but potentially in River Heights it still is. Lots of action. And tension. The is good 3.5.
Alix
Nov 21, 2019 rated it did not like it
Shelves: general-fiction
I remembered those books as being much better - maybe I picked the wrong one?
Jessica
Feb 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
I loved this book, but you can't even begin to compare it to the first books in the series.
Joy Gerbode
Jul 04, 2019 rated it liked it
Another adventure in the life of Nancy Drew. This one has a few inconsistencies, but an enjoyable quick and easy read to relax me.
Dharia Scarab
Feb 02, 2016 rated it liked it

Myself, I go ou
Ayana Myles
Nov 08, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Her mystery begins when her former schoolmate Lisa Scotti, who was now a nurse asked her if she could go over to Rosemont Hospital to help solve a mystery. The mystery is about a young man who was just brought into the emergency with bad bruises. He has amnesia- he can't remember who he is, where he has been or where he comes from and there her mystery begins
Megan
Dec 03, 2011 rated it it was amazing
It had everything that a mystery book needed. I love to read so it took me to a different like always. I thought it was very good. It had kidnapping and a scracy abodoned house. At the end everything was ok.
Eva Inzu
Dec 13, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
it was my first time reading nancy drew series. i really like the illustration :D but i'm not really into the story, (perhaps) because it still my first time so i will read it again (other title). I MUST! of course, since it's legend (still in my opinion ;p )
Rachel
My original school reading record review

This book was so good that I read it in one day after another book, So when I had finished reading this book I got half way through the next story in the Series.
Lee
Mar 28, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
...and another blast from the past. I have Nancy Drew to thank for my lifelong love of detective/crime fiction!
Marts  (Thinker)
Jun 10, 2009 rated it liked it
Shelves: nancy-drew-books
Nancy gets caught up in a mystery after finding a strange ring.
Julie_ian_curtis
Amnesia guy, stolen ring, blah
Mskychick
Placeholder for reread of Paper Princess by Erin Watt
Kayla Guevara
Feb 20, 2011 rated it really liked it
Good not great. Could be better.
Heidi
Feb 20, 2010 rated it really liked it
I have read almost all the Nancy Drew Books just not sure I needed to add them all!!!
Sydney
May 18, 2015 rated it liked it
this book was kind of confusing with so much things going on.
Hildegart
Jul 08, 2012 rated it liked it
I've read a lot of the Nancy Drew books more than once but remember only bits and pieces. I remember this one just enough to feel good to give it three stars.
Fiona
Jan 25, 2020
James
Aug 30, 2008

• Parachutes
  • The Spring of the Ram (The House of Niccolo, #2)
  • Paper Son (Lydia Chin & Bill Smith, #12)
  • Rivers of London: Night Witch
  • Rivers of London: Body Work
  • Rivers of London, Volume 4: Detective Stories
  • Scorched Eggs (Cackleberry Club, #6)
  • Zen: The Art of Simple Living
  • Dreamology
  • Eva
  • Delight
  • Direct Hit (The Blitz Detective #1)
  • Coconut Layer Cake Murder (Hannah Swensen #25)
  • The Queen's Assassin (Queen's Secret, #1)
  • In the Company of Others (Mitford Years, #11)
  • Buried in Books (A Bibliophile Mystery, #12)
  • Not Quite a Wife (Lost Lords, #6)
  • Chicken Soup for the Grandparent's Soul: Stories to Open the Hearts and Rekindle the Spirits of Grandparents (Chicken Soup for the Soul)

Edna and Harriet Stratemeyer inherited the company from their father Edward Str

Nancy Drew Mystery Stories (1 - 10 of 175 books)
  • The Secret of the Old Clock (Nancy Drew Mystery Stories, #1)
  • The Hidden Staircase (Nancy Drew Mystery Stories #2)
  • The Bungalow Mystery (Nancy Drew Mystery Stories, #3)
  • The Mystery at Lilac Inn (Nancy Drew Mystery Stories, #4)
  • The Secret of Shadow Ranch (Nancy Drew Mystery Stories, #5)
  • The Secret of Red Gate Farm (Nancy Drew Mystery Stories, #6)
  • The Clue in the Diary (Nancy Drew Mystery Stories, #7)
  • Nancy's Mysterious Letter (Nancy Drew Mystery Stories, #8)
  • The Sign of the Twisted Candles (Nancy Drew Mystery Stories, #9)
  • Password to Larkspur Lane (Nancy Drew Mystery Stories, #10)