Start by marking “Ondine (Ondine Quartet, #0.5)” as Want to Read:
Ondine (Ondine Quartet, #0.5)

Ondine (Ondine Quartet 0.5)

4.04  ·  Rating details ·  323 Ratings  ·  27 Reviews
“I shouldn’t get involved.”
Rebellious and headstrong, sixteen-year-old Kendra Irisavie doesn’t have much respect for authority. An ondine with the powerful gift of Virtue, she uses her tough attitude and Empath magic to navigate through high school and keep others away.

Because being an ondine also means keeping secrets.

Kendra and her mother are Rogue water elementals in
Published December 19th 2013 by Mandorla Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Ondine, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ondine

Jennypara
May 31, 2016 rated it really liked it
it was nice learning more about the tattoo ;)
Jackie
Dec 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Emma Raveling has this incredible way of writing books that you can't help but read in one sitting. I was incredibly lucky to receive an advanced ebook of Ondine and I only meant to read the first chapter or two just to get a taste and then the next thing I knew I had finished (thank god this one was a novella or I would have been seriously late for work). As excited as I was about this one I was a little hesitant about the lack of the amazing characters that I've come to know and love from the ...more
Misha
Oh, how I loved this prequel! The writing was excellent, descriptive yet not overdone. Raveling is wonderful at world-building and making the reader feel like he or she is right there with the characters. As much as I love the elemental world of the Ondine series, it was fun to see Kendra in the human world. One of my favorite things about her is how ballsy she is, and she more than lived up to that in Ondine. As tough as she acts she has a good heart, and her compassion definitely came through ...more
Aeicha
Dec 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I love this series and its heroine, Kendra, so I was super stoked to read Ondine and get to explore a pre-Whirl (book one) Kendra and, like I suspected, Ondine delivers and definitely does not disappoint!

This prequel novella showcases everything I love about Emma Raveling's captivating and addicting storytelling and, even with its shorter length, this novella captures the intensity, action, and excellent world-building of the full length books in the series. I loved getting to meet a younger Ken
Booknut
A brilliantly written novella that ties perfectly into the series, Ondine adds a whole new dimension to Kendra's character.

If you thought Kendra was badass before...you haven't seen anything yet!

Go back to where it all began.

Kendra, sixteen and fearless, is about to up the ante. Taking on a crime ring in the hopes of proving herself once and for all - as both a fighter, and as an ondine - Kendra will face her biggest challenge yet...who to trust.

Trust is a luxury an ondine cannot afford.

Learn
Lindsay
May 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: young-adult
I really enjoyed this novella, because it tells the beginning and explains the hows. Then you learn the reasoning behind why she got her tattoo. You get to know more about her relationship with her mom, which was brief in Whirl, but you see it here. Then you REALLY see Kendra more of her rebellious nature and understand why and can see the reasoning behind it. Excellent!
Arieana
May 26, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: ebook
A short story when Kendra Irisavie at Los Angeles. She uses name Kendra Durrand and broke four rules that her mom set in her entire life;
Trust no one.
Relationships are weaknesses.
Emotional attachments are dangerous.
Be responsible only yourself.
Kay
Mar 21, 2017 rated it liked it
Just a novella - very short and quick to read. It might lead me to read some of the books from the series.
Melanie
Jul 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ry-2013, read-in-2013
5*s
review posted here...
Ondine is an excellent insight into a younger Kendra, who is now future governor of Haverleau. In this we see her as a sixteen year old, trying to stay below the radar by following her mother’s rules -
‘Trust no one. Relationships are weaknesses. Emotional attachments are dangerous. Be responsible only for yourself.’
And she has….until now.. because she is forced to step in when she sees one of her classmates being held responsible fo
Naz
Feb 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely adore Emma Raveling and her style of prose and how strong and wilful her characters are etched out to be and...well, I could go on for hours and still not be done.
I suppose it simply boils down to how she makes me lose myself in a world where I have no sense of surrounding, no conscious realization that its a book that Im reading and not a nail biting, edge perching thriller that my eyeballs are glued to.
It is for this reason that when I realized I missed re-reading the books lead
Heather
Oct 06, 2014 rated it liked it
I was recommend this series by my cousin, and then I saw they were all .99 with the prequel novella free, so I thought, why not? I read this really quick before bed last night, and it definitely sparked my curiosity.

The main character, Kendra is a rogue water elemental, living on the run with her mom, but are currently in L.A. She is a fighter, so I liked that the author made the main character one who was already exhibiting strength rather than being a more weak; it definitely added more of a
Donna {Book Passion for Life}
Emma Raveling never disappoints. She's back but this time with Ondine a prequel novella based around Kendra when she's younger and in the human world where she's trying to figure out the difference between right and wrong. There's something going on at school and Kendra knows she's the only one who can help right the situation, even despite all her mother's warnings. Her mother is a harsh women. At times I could see why Nadia is the way she is, after all, if you've read the series, you know her ...more
Grace Touch
Nov 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing
It's a shame that this book came after the release of the first three books in the Ondine Quartet series, because this addition certainly makes a powerful statement.

I think that this short story on Kendra really captures who she is. She is someone who will stick up for others, even when they aren't as they appear. She is also someone who doesn't go back on her word. When she commits to something, she doesn't back down, no matter how detrimental a situation may be to herself. Lastly, she is det
Chantelle
Feb 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I really loved this short story, the more writing from Emma, the better lol.
It follows Kendra before she enters the Ondine world and meets Tristan. Kendra becomes involved in a plot to help a boy named Troy whose father has abandoned him, leaving him with a whole ton of debt. Troy asks Kendra to help him take down the person he owes the money to by getting evidence for the police to arrest him. Also involved is Rui, the man's son, who wants to see him pay for the death of his brother,
This exci
Tessa Unruh
Oct 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: my-faves
This is such a great addition to an already phenomenal series! This novella follows Kendra in her time before making it to Haverleau and her destiny. I loved it because it gives a very personal look into just how far Kendra has come within herself and the community she will inevitably one day lead. It shows her strong need to become independent and to prove to herself that she is capable of what her mother has always taught her she needs to be capable of. Its such a great starting point in order ...more
Carrie Adair
Jan 03, 2014 rated it it was ok
Let down on the expected fantasy side as well as a lack of explanation

This novella surrounds Kendra, an rogue ondine who never stays in one place for long. She gets caught up in a deal with the police to catch Rui's father criminal business. Of course everything goes wrong.

I'm glad this novella was free because it would have been a waste to pay a penny for it. Perhaps the main series is better, but this was a let down.

I thought there would be more about ondines, but it let me down there. I also
Antoinette Lewis
Mar 02, 2016 rated it it was ok
It was an interesting introduction. It gave a small insight into Kendra's life and how she struggles with her empath powers and a mother that's hard on her relentlessly.

I loved that she broke all her moms rules to help put a drug dealer behind bars, and the fight between her and machine was just realistic, I felt like I was there.

I wondered what happen to Troy though and officer Ruggiero. Mr. Ruggiero disliked her just because she defeated his daughter for kickboxing championship title. It was
katnissbraid.
Feb 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I've always loved this series and Kendra is awesome. She's inspiring and reading about her is very refreshing, but I must admit that if the whole serie would have place in the human world with Kendra Irisavie the executioner of the bad guys it would have been superb stuff.

I devoured this novella and I definitely want more.
Liz Townsend
Apr 30, 2015 rated it liked it
I didn't realize this was a novella - but it was a good introduction to the world, which was interesting and makes me want to read more, so I guess it served it's purpose (it was a kindle freebie). I'll look into reading the full series now. (Probably won't buy them, but they're interesting enough to check out from the library.)
Tricia

I loved this brief glimpse into Kendra's life before the Lumiere Academy. I liked seeing this younger version of her! It was nice to see the way she has always stuck up for the underdogs. Even though she seems harsh or abrasive, she has always been a quiet hero. I enjoyed the story, and the sweet twist at the end.
Shanna Weaver
Feb 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I haven't read a really good book in a while like Half-Blood series or Vampire Academy Series or (Heartbeats Over Time) The LUX Series, But the Ondine Series is one of the few series to make it on my "I Read Every Last Word and Fell Hopelessly in Love" book list.

❤Rose (◕‿◕✿)
This was a nice insight into her life before the first book.
Giovanna
Jun 03, 2014 rated it liked it
Maybe I should pick up the series again...
Anyway, Ondine is a nice novella, it isn't necessary to read it to understand the series but it's still a quick and enternaining read.
Anna
Jul 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Surprise, surprise, I loved it :) I love the Ondine series, so this prequel was a nice taste while waiting for the final book to come out.
Teresa Caric
Oct 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
not a read you need but gives you an a deeper look into Kendra
Karen
******4*******
What a great beginning to an awesome series.
Betsy Elswick
Jun 08, 2016
Shrishty Biersack
Jan 06, 2014
Kelly
Nov 23, 2016
  • A Mermaid's Bond (A Demon Paradise Novel, #2)
  • Chained by Darkness (The Sensor, #2.5)
  • Unbound (Havoc Chronicles, #2)
  • Redemption (The Alexa Montgomery Saga, #4)
  • In The Dark
  • Awakenings (Elemental, #1)
  • In the Shadows (Lark, #2)
  • Silver Moon: The Complete Saga
  • Forever Young (The Forever Land Chronicles, #1)
  • Make Me a Match
  • Wayfarer (Tales of Faeraven, #2)
  • Rival (Unholy Alliance #2)
  • The Caledonian Inheritance (The Athena Effect #3)
  • Frostbite (Touch of Frost #1)
  • The Journals of Kara and Jason
  • Soul Cutter
  • Crimson Dahlia (Svatura, #3)
  • Lost Seraphine (Seraphine Trilogy, #2)
Emma Raveling resides in Honolulu with her husband and German shepherd.
More about Emma Raveling...

Ondine Quartet (4 books)
  • Whirl (Ondine Quartet, #1)
  • Billow (Ondine Quartet, #2)
  • Crest (Ondine Quartet, #3)
  • Breaker (Ondine Quartet, #4)