Start by marking “Megan (Megan, #1)” as Want to Read:
Megan (Megan, #1)

Megan

(Megan #1)

The first in the Megan series, as Megan falls pregnant and has to work out what to do
Published 1999 by Bloomsbury

Cora Tea Party Princess
5 Words: Pregnant, bullying, alone, family, love.

Poor Megan.

I didn't like her much in the first few chapters - if I had read only those first glimpses of her, and hadn't persisted, I probably wouldn't have finished.

But I loved this book ten years ago, and I knew there had to be a reason for it so I continued. It's because you really get into Megan's head and you begin to understand everything. You really start to feel for her.

The relationship between Megan and her mother is a little poisonous -
Kat
Jun 16, 2011 rated it really liked it
It’s been years since I last read the Megan books. But for some reason I felt like revisiting them and so I searched them out on my bookcase. I think the first Megan book was one of the first teenage books that I really fell in love with.

I really love the way in which Megan is written. Mary Hooper allows the reader to get inside fifteen year old Megan’s head and to get a genuine idea of the thoughts, feelings and emotions that come from being pregnant at such a young age along with everything t
Anastasia Adams
Wow I read this book when I was 14 and it defenety opened my eyes and made me think. This book is every teenage girl and for every young mum to be. This book prepares you for how life will change when you have a baby. Unfortunately, in this case Megan was only 15 when she found out she was pregnant.
Charlotte
Sep 07, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2017-challenge
I first read this book back when I was in high school, I'd never read a book based on pregnancy and this was a novel subject within fiction. I love the way in which Mary Hooper approaches the subject, making it easy to follow with her simplistic writing style.

We follow a 15-year-old girl, Megan, who is in her final year(s) of high school. She finds out she is five months pregnant, after having sex with her older ex-boyfriend, during a personal development tutorial with the pastoral care teacher.
Elisa Vangelisti
Aug 02, 2017 rated it it was ok
Lo ammetto: me la sono cercata. Non che mi aspettassi chissà che storia, ma avendo cominciato presto a fare figli spesso leggo storie di questo tipo, perché fanno parte di me. La prima parte è stata carina: la presa di coscienza del fatto, le ripercussioni di questo nella vita di un’adolescente, i dubbi. La seconda parte, piena di lettere a genitori, amici e assistenti sociali l’ho trovata piuttosto soporifera. Il finale ha senso, ma è stato tirato via con la velocità del fulmine e ogni situazio ...more
Joanne
Jul 20, 2009 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ya-contemporary
During a Personal Development lesson that was talks about female reproduction, periods, the pill, and how it all works out, the teacher says something that will change 15-year-old Megan’s life. Of course, it is possible be pregnant and still have periods.

From that point on, everything changes for Megan, because she finds out she’s five months pregnant. How did this happen? What is she going to do? What will the father say? What will her Mum say?

This book is pretty good! It focuses mainly on Mega
Jojobean
Spoilers

I liked this book. I liked how it deals with the strain on families that teenage pregnancy has. Some of the books I've read before about a pregnant teen include supportive families. I liked how in this book, Megan's mother wasn't supportive about Megan's pregnancy because it gives us another view on how hard it is for some girls who do not get the support they need from their families. However, I really didn't like Megan's mom- I felt she boardered on verbal abuse towards Megan especiall
Layla
Jan 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Incredible book which depicts the journey of a young adolescent child, who accidentally conceives a child during her schooling years. With no support from the birth father, she has to become independent, become a mother, educate herself, and create a future for herself and her baby.

While it isn't necessarily a book I would teach in primary school, teenage pregnancy is an issue which is known in common society to be quite popular. there fore, while I wouldn't necessarily opt to teach this book,
Feb 28, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Megan is fifteen and one day finds out she is pregnant. The only friend at first who knows is claire. One day she bumps into her ex- boyfriend ( the one that made her pregnant. Whilst she is gonig to tell her mum about her PREGNANCY, Claire is busy telling her secrets to Claire's other friends( Josie). When claire tells her mum, she is shocked because she wanted more for her daughters. Then the mom tells Ellie ( claires younger sister) about her sister's pregnancy , claire gets depressed that no ...more
Karyn
Oct 06, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: trinity-library
This book was ok, but I think I was just the wrong audience for it. I felt like I already knew where it was going pretty early on. The book also had competition from another book I really wanted to get back to. Which probably affected how much attention I gave it. I can see that for young teen readers however, this would be new to them and therefore more interesting.
Loz3000x5
Mar 06, 2010 rated it it was amazing
this book made me just want to read on i met mary hooper and she said she sent 1 year research on the subject of being under age and pregent and found out load of different sorry of girls who went to a school where you could care for your baby and get an education she mixed all there storys together i know from reading this book im not getting pregent until im in love and marryed
Rebecca Roselyn
Jul 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This book really put me in a place that i wanted to read more and more books like this. i really want people to read this book because it shows how teenage pregnancy can really get you and what boy may do to comfort or discomfort you in that particular moment. im sure when you will read this you will feel the same way i did when i read this book.
Philippa Whitelam
Sep 09, 2012 rated it liked it
I read the 'Megan' series a fair few years back whilst on holiday and thought I'd dig them out once more to revisit them. Definitely a read for younger generations though I have enjoyed reading this again and I love the way it's written.
Inky fingers
Sep 30, 2015 rated it it was ok
i thought this book was ok and could have been a bit better but the plot was good if a bit strange
Emma Stewart
Jan 17, 2014 rated it really liked it
A great read for younger teenagers.
Charlotte
Oct 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: teen-reads
A good teenage quick read, with two further books to read.
Very good book and didn't want to put it down unless I had to.
Tina
Mar 12, 2012 rated it it was amazing
It was a good book and it was really inteesting to read about Megan's feelings and life when she found out she was 15 and pregnant.
Sharifahnurulain
Jun 12, 2014 rated it really liked it
I am beginning for reading and i found that this book is great and i can understand it easily :)
Mahara
Sep 16, 2012 rated it liked it
It was an alriight novel.
Megan Bull
Mar 25, 2013 rated it really liked it
I remember everyone reading this series in high-school. I couldn't put them down. Fantastic, enlightening series.
Kat
Jul 22, 2016 rated it liked it
I liked it, I have the second book to read soon as well.
Halimah Shahpal
Ella Rose Brunton
Jun 05, 2016

• The Opposite of Chocolate
  • Falling Apart
  • Spirits of the Noh (The Waking, #2)
  • Tripping
  • Het Web van de Suikerspin
  • Abomination
  • Stained
  • My Beautiful Disaster (The Pathway Collection, #2)
  • Swimming Against the Tide (Electra Brown, #3)
  • Verdriet met mayonaise
  • A Book Addict's Treasury
  • Split Second
  • My Life Starring Mum
  • Last Wish (Sweet Valley High Super Edition, #10)
  • The Snow-Walker's Son
  • Urban Legends: 666 Absolutely True Stories That Happened to a Friend...of a Friend?of a Friend
  • Share No Secrets
Librarian Note: There is more than one author by this name in the Goodreads database.

British children's and young adult author Mary Hooper was born in 1944, in Barnes, South West London. She left school at fifteen, and went to work as a window dresser, and then as a secretary. She eventually returned to school, as an adult student, earning a degree in English from Reading University. Hooper began

Megan (3 books)