Start by marking “Breaker (Ondine Quartet, #4)” as Want to Read:
Breaker (Ondine Quartet, #4)

Breaker (Ondine Quartet #4)

4.39  ·  Rating details ·  710 Ratings  ·  61 Reviews
War. Prophecy. Freedom.
She fought for herself.
She fought for friendship and love.
Now, Kendra Irisavie fights for the survival of her world.

War rages on, leaving no one untouched. Destruction rips through elemental communities and terror flourishes in its wake. Suspicion soars, order fractures, and loyalties crumble despite Kendra’s desperate attempts to protect everyone sh
Kindle Edition
Published January 28th 2015 (first published December 29th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Breaker, please sign up.

This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Haadiya Ahmed
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Booknut
Reading Breaker was a simply mind-blowing experience.

Every word felt like it had been placed on the page with care, with purpose...and with a dash of magic. Each sentence was another perfectly crafted puzzle piece that slid into its proper place to create the full picture.

This whole series, since its stunning beginning in Whirl, has been building towards that full picture, that final image. Bit by bit Emma Raveling has revealed Kendra's destiny to us readers throughout the series, & Breaker
Aeicha
Dec 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Endings are rarely easy, especially the ending of a beloved series. As readers, when we reach the ending of a series we love, we go through all the emotions: excitement, anticipation, fear, love, denial, more love, and eventually acceptance. The Ondine Quartet has been such a big part of my life for four years and I am immensely sad to see it end, but dude, what an epic way to end! This wonderful book has gloriously killed me with ALL the feels!

In Breaker, author Emma Raveling brings it and she
Heather
Sep 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: all-time-faves
Breaker (Ondine Quartet, #4) by Emma Raveling
Emma Raveling

She fought for herself.
She fought for friendship and love.
Now, Kendra Irisavie fights for the survival of
her world.

I received an ARC of this book, Thank you!, which releases Jan 28th!

I'm not even sure where to begin. I feel I have waited so long to see how this series ends that I can't accept that it has now indeed come to an end. Breaker is one of those books where you will need tissues and chocolates close by because you will feel every emotion imaginable.

Breaker starts off rig
Jasmine
Sep 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing
There are no words, really, to describe how this book made me feel but I'll do my best to articulate them. Let's see how coherent I can be, shall we?

You all know that I love Emma's characters. Kendra, our protagonist, is headstrong, stubborn, compassionate, and loyal to a fault. She is being pulled in many directions at the moment, torn between being a warrior and being the leader to her people. With her are her friends, Chloe, Aubrey, Cam, Ian, Helene, and more, who are all developed and unique
Melanie
10*s
Absolutely perfect ending to and incredible series, I'm sad to see it end.
Review posted here...
I honestly don’t know what to write because I have a whole mess of emotions going on right now but one thing I know for sure is that this book was epic!

Through each book I felt that Kendra had to find something in herself, some lesson that she needed to learn to grow and become who she needed to be but non-more so here. What she must go through here would bre
Amy
5 Bittersweet Stars!

description

From the moment I picked up Whirl I fell in love with Raveling's writing style, her exceptional ability to not only create a world that completely immerses you but also characters that have managed to imprint themselves both on my mind and in my heart.

With each new book in the series I continue to be surprised by Raveling's ability to surpass the high standards set by the book before it. This truly was an epic conclusion to a captivating and thrilling series. I have lau
E.J. Mellow
Jul 31, 2014 rated it it was amazing

Emma Raveling spellbound me in this finale to the Ondine Quartet. Filled with passion, duty, heartbreak, friendship and the beauty of what it means to live, I will forever cling to this book, and this series, as my all time favorite! Ms. Raveling’s writing is like experiencing a great piece of classical music, the highlightable passages—endless.

“Maybe the paths we embarked upon were as unpredictable and startling as spring.”

“Time was the greatest immortal of all. It stretched infinitely into th
Chantelle
Apr 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This book was the perfect end to a perfect series. We see Breaker lead us into a more darker and confusing world that Kendra has found herself in, as she works to find a way to defeat the Shadow. We get hauntingly beautiful moments, fierce action and determination, as well as heartbreaking loss...
It was so fantastically written that it kept you drawn to the story throughout, you could feel the tension plaguing society and it's main characters. It really put you into a turmoil of emotion.
For Ken
Samantha
Jul 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing

Finally the anticipation is rewarded, I was one of the lucky people that where handed a ARC.

There is no better feeling that getting ones hands on a a book you have been so passionately waiting for. And I consequently just blanked the world for the next 4 days as I inhaled it. My poor children have been left to daddies devices.

Phew, what a ride that was. I am still reeling from the pace that was set in this incredible finale.

Breaker picks up where we left off and within the first 5% we are face
Sep 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I can't even begin to describe how much I loved this end to a beautiful series. Right from the begin it hooks you in and takes you on a rollercoaster ride of emotions! This book sucked me back into the Ondine world and it was wonderful. The characters I've come to love like old friends received a perfect ending. I didn't know how Emma was going to do it but she did and I know this will be one of those book series that I will read again and again!
Cherry Blossom
Sep 21, 2014 marked it as not-released-yet
I can't wait for this book to come out. I have to know who the shadow is this cliffhanger is killing me more than the cliffhanger for Fallen Crest Public. The only difference is the cliffhanger here is for a murder set on killing others.
Ginny Littlefield
Jun 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
#breaker

OMG the feels!
Emma Raveling did it again, the book grabs up up and does not let you stop reading till the end. Just finished reading a few miniutes ago, will be back to finish this review after I process.
Tricia

I just knew you were going to go and breaker my heart, Emma Raveling! And you did. You chipped little, and big pieces away throughout this book….nay…..this whole series. Breaker was everything I had wanted it to be, and a bunch of other things I didn’t know I wanted, or needed. It was the perfect combination of somberness and hopefulness. There wasn’t a single second of this that I would change, even the parts that broke me. They all added up to something so incredible.

I felt like we experienc
Jennifer D
I'm pretty sure I have a book hangover.... I just can't right now! Emma.... you have ripped my insides out and stomped all over them!

10 out of 5

Yes it was that good!

I know for a fact every time that I start a book by Emma Raveling that I’m about to be put through an emotional high speed blender. I have yet to meet an author like Emma that has no problem offing central characters, characters that you have grown to love, admire, and hope for the best. Breaker was no exception to this. It seemed li
Shaymae
Aug 31, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Not every question deserves to be answered.

When it comes to endings, we often expect a lot. After sailing in this quite amazing journey, it is only normal that we develop a deep attachment to the characters. Some we love, some we hate. We root for them, we care for them. We share their victories, their failures. We share their happiness and their sorrow. So it is only logical that we wish to know, deserve to know what happens to the characters we cared for for so long.

Raveling didn't gave us a
Jackie
Sep 24, 2013 rated it really liked it
Ohhhh, I don't know what to think about this book. The Ondine Quartet has been one of my favourite series and I'm not sure that this was the ending that I wanted. It was dark. VERY dark and there was so much negative and hate and fear and pain and too few successes for Kendra and it made it a little hard to get through. I mean, I do understand that she was leading a war, but all the negative kind of got to me and I found myself wanting to skip ahead just so that I didn't have to read any more.
T
Jess
The book is fantastic. It really is; this whole series is simply amazing. The plot is captivating and the characters are incredibly well developed. I loved almost every aspect of the series...almost. The end was really cute and I liked the overall idea. I just always saw the romance as a big part of this series, but Kendra's actions after the big battle was a bit iffy to me. For so long, she selfishly hid and let Tristan suffer in solitude. That was not okay with me; he seemed to be at the back ...more
Lindsay
May 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I got the privilege of receiving an ARC of Breaker that releases on January 28. I can tell you that it is one long, amazing thrill ride, filled with trials and tribulations, and all you have is your friends. When they let you down, it's an even harder struggle, when they were always part of your backbone before.

Emma has done a fabulous job on Breaker, I thought I had everything figured out coming into the story and she completely threw me for a loop. (Not in a bad way) Just hold on to your seat
Misti
Sep 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I can't believe that it was only a year ago I stumbled upon Whirl. Emma Raveling has quickly rose to be one of my favorite authors. Breaker is absolutely everything that I wanted it to be. Honest, heartbreaking, funny, inspiring, and so many other adjectives that I simply can't put down in this review.

I loved this series, and have recommended it to everyone I know. Now, with a heavy hear, I have to say goodbye to this world, and wait in eager anticipation for the next book that Emma releases.
Tessa Unruh
Sep 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: my-faves
Holy. Socks. The moment we've all been waiting for is almost upon us!! #breaker will be here December 29th!!! YEEEE!! #eelites

Naz
Dec 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I want want want, scratch that...NEED this book. I find myself coming back to check if theres a release date but there's not even a cover yet!! Emma Raveling, give us something!! puhleezz pretty please??

edit: 16th September, 2014: YIPEEEE!! There's a cover!! Now we just have to wait for news relating to the release date. And then the actual release date...:/
Jessica
May 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This book's title truly speaks for how my heart feels. This series was amazing. The character growth between the characters is astounding. Kendra the main character is funny and keeps us guessing on what she will do next. I wish this book had an epilogue because characters lives after are unwritten. This series was truly amazing.
Jen
May 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Wow. WOW. WOOOOOW!!!!! Ive spent the majority of my Sunday glued to this book and Im just Spellbound.

I received this ARC in exchange for an honest review but there words have left me. I have no words. Emma Ravling is an INCREDIBLE writer and all I can say is this final installment went above and beyond all expectations. My only regret is the end of an AMAZING series. LOVED IT!
Bubbles
May 12, 2014 marked it as to-read
Shelves: not-out-yet
Ah, so you give us the Shadow cliffhanger and then you only give us the title for the next book?!?!?! PLEASE I NEED a release date or a book cover, give me SOMETHING!!!! I am slowly dying from the cliffhanger *cough* please... Give me something, ANYTHING!!! (Preferably the Shadows identity)
Kshitija
Aug 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
one of the best endings to a series!!!
AKA
May 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing
amazing.
Courtney A.K.A The Book Addict
This book went so far beyond my expectations. This is by far the BEST finale book that I have EVER read. This series will always have a special place in my heart. Emma Raveling is a genius.
 Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Vanshika Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ
She should've told us who shadow was!!

Edit: I am searching for this book at 2:30 am , can't find it anywhere.
Lily
Dec 22, 2013 marked it as to-read
Shelves: can-t-wait
OMG. WHO is shadow? What a cliffhanger?

From love to hate
Are they talking about (view spoiler)
Jennifer Pierson
Dec 26, 2013 marked it as to-read
This book can't come soon enough!!!!!!
  • Bound by Spells (Bound, #2)
  • Half Black Soul (The Alexa Montgomery Saga, #2)
  • Rogue (Relentless #3)
  • My Life From Hell (The Blooming Goddess Trilogy #3)
  • I Am Forever (What Kills Me, #2)
  • Blood Beyond Darkness (Darkness, #4)
  • Vampire's Kiss (The Watchers, #2)
  • Shadow's Dangers (The Last Hope, #1)
  • Drop Dead Demons (Divinicus Nex Chronicles, #2)
  • Ferran's Map (The Cat's Eye Chronicles, #4)
  • Fantasy of Flight
  • Tick (Tick, #1)
  • The Relentless Warrior (Star-Crossed, #6)
  • Lethed (Guardian of the Angels, #2)
  • Fractured (Guards of the Shadowlands, #2)
  • Frostbite (The Dragonian, #3)
  • Unleash the Storm (Steel & Stone #5)
Emma Raveling resides in Honolulu with her husband and German shepherd.
More about Emma Raveling...

Ondine Quartet (4 books)
  • Whirl (Ondine Quartet, #1)
  • Billow (Ondine Quartet, #2)
  • Crest (Ondine Quartet, #3)

“To be ready does not mean it will be easy. It doesn't mean it will be smooth. It means that even when it's difficult, you have what it takes to survive.” 16 likes
“I could stand alone because I knew I was not alone.” 13 likes