Start by marking “Secrets for Seducing a Royal Bodyguard (The Renegade Royals, #1)” as Want to Read:
Secrets for Seducing a Royal Bodyguard (The Renegade Royals, #1)

Secrets for Seducing a Royal Bodyguard

(The Renegade Royals #1)

Accomplished spy Aden St. George prefers to stay away from the frivolous ton, especially after the way his mother was used by the Prince Regent. But his latest mission compels him to guard unconventional, vibrant Lady Vivien Shaw. Rescuing her from kidnappers was easy, resisting her beauty is not. Though grateful for Aden’s help, Vivien has secrets she must keep hidden.
Mass Market Paperback, 409 pages
Published January 7th 2014 by Zebra

To ask other readers questions about Secrets for Seducing a Royal Bodyguard, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Secrets for Seducing a Royal Bodyguard

Caz
Nov 22, 2013 rated it liked it
I've given this a C at AAR - 3 stars here.

Secrets for Seducing a Royal Bodyguard is the first full-length novel in Ms Kelly’s new Renegade Royals Series, in which the heroes are the illegitimate – and fictitious - sons of English princes. I suppose the best way to describe the book overall is that it’s a Regency romp with a dash of skulduggery, adventure, and romance, complete with a suitably despicable villain, feckless relatives, a lovely yet put-upon heroine and a handsome, action-man hero.

Pu
Sonya Heaney
Aug 13, 2013 rated it did not like it
So… This was a DNF for me.

At the start of the book, the hero rescues the heroine, thinking she has been gang raped. The first thing he does is sit behind her on a horse and press his erection against her!!

Also not thrilled about the author getting her Eastern European names mixed up...

Review copy from NetGalley.
Sandi *~The Pirate Wench~*
3 1/2 Stars

Setting: Regency England
Steam Factor: Hot

When Lady Vivien Shaw is kidnapped, Aden St. George comes to her rescue.
Aden is quite taken with Vivien, but emotions have no place in his work and it is with some relief that he can leave her in the hands of her mother and his mentor, Sir Dominic Hunter.
One of England's most powerful spymasters (Dominic plays further roles in this series) but even he doesn't know the identity of Vivien's kidnapper.
So Dominic informs Aden that HE must be her b
Anna
Unfortunatelly this title isn't the right one for me, something that was obvious almost as soon as I started reading Secrets for Seducing a Royal Bodyguard.
The writing style is one I couldn't easily follow, or rather make me stay focused on the whole narration. But my biggest problem with this story was the immediate lust both heroes felt for each other as soon as the story began. I was never a big fan for instant love or instant lust but especially in this book the whole thing starts way too so
Lauren
Secrets for Seducing a Royal Bodyguard
2 Stars

The illegitimate son of the Prince Regent, Aden St. George is an agent in the service of his Majesty tasked with rescuing Lady Vivien Shaw who has been abducted. After her rescue, St. George begins an investigation into the abduction and uncovers several suspects including a lecherous suitor, an irate moneylender and a conniving sibling. Unfortunately, he is also hampered by Vivien’s reluctance to assist and his own unwanted attraction to her.

To be ho
Kimberly Rocha~ Book Obsessed Chicks
Well, it kept me up
Til 3 am. Only a good book would do that.
Review to follow

When Aden St. George rescues captive Lady Vivien Shaw from her kidnappers, he has no idea what he is in for with this spunky and inquisitive female. Vivien, to St. George's dismay, asks a lot of questions and formulates her own ideas, albeit mostly the correct ones about the handsome man. The feelings that this rare beauty ignite within Aden St. George throw him for a loop and the need for him to get away from her as fas
Farrah
Dec 14, 2013 rated it really liked it
Thrills, mystery, and romance make up this wonderful read. Secrets for Seducing a Royal Bodyguard was a lovely historical romance. I really enjoyed reading this book. Loved it!

Vivien was a strong heroine. She dealt with a kidnapping, attempted murder, and a psychopath, but she survived it all. She didn't bow to other people's wishes and she was very loyal to her loved ones. I only had one problem with her and it was how she was so quick to bow to her kidnapper's wishes near the end. It didn't fi
Valerie
Jan 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own, historical, romance
Lady Vivien Shaw is a young woman who was forced to grow up long before she should have had to, taking on the responsibility of watching over her younger brother and mother when her father passes. Her older brother watching out for no one but himself. She has done an admirable job for the past seven years but things are slowly getting out of hand, her younger brother and her mother have debts that keep rising; she has no real marriage prospects other than a slimy prince who doesn’t like the word ...more
Lorka
Jul 04, 2018 rated it did not like it
A fellow GR reviewer Sam, said it perfectly, "Okay, first off, by chapter three I already didn’t really like the heroine. When someone—anyone—is trying to rescue you from a band of kidnappers, I don’t care if you’re attracted to him or not—you should be hustling to get your ass on his horse, donkey, unicorn or dragon to get the hell out of dodge. Acting prissy about riding on the same horse until you can get to a carriage? Because, not the kidnapping, but getting on a horse with your rescuer is ...more
Cherie
Mar 17, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: e-book, library
More than once I considered this a DNF but I kept reading. Aden is a good but not great hero and Vivian couldn't decide whether she was an alpha heroine or an enabling martyr. I found their interactions to be forced rather than flowing naturally. The author definitely drove this story. I gave an extra star for the ensemble of support characters who were better written than the hero and heroine and the well written action scenes.
 Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books)
This is a well-written Regency historical romance that doesn't really break new ground, but it's a pleasant read. I'm most interested in Dominic's story at this point, but might take a while to get to him.

Overall rating: 3.5/5.0 stars.

Reviewed for Affaire de Coeur magazine in the January 2014 Issue. http://affairedecoeur.com.
Keri
Jul 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was a sweet read and I liked it well enough that I am going to check out the rest of the series.
Sam
I completely forgot about this book until I just stumbled across it on my reading shelf. Whoops! :\

All right, well, I'm generally very on top of my updating and reviewing but this one had a hard time holding my interest. Which is a shame, because it sounds like something I would be super interested in, but it didn't make a great first impression and then it didn't change my mind as things went on.

Elena
Dec 10, 2013 marked it as didnt-finish
Shelves: adult, historical, romance
I love me some spy regencies, but I just can't stand this absurdly purple purpose.

For example, our first glimpse of the heroine:
"But even in the dim light cast by the candle, though disheveled and dirty her beauty shone clear to Aden in the cast of her elegant features. Hair the color of golden honey wound down from her ruined coiffure and tumbled around her shoulders. Her velvet evening cloak, woefully inadequate to ward off the chill from the room's moisture-slicked walls, had slipped from her
Missy
2.75 out of 5

The narrator wasn't that great. Her male voices (especially the hero's) weren't consistent. She lacked emotion during some scenes and was a bit slow for me that I had to listen at 1.25x the normal speed. The book has several action scenes and they would have been more exciting if the narrator had had more emotion (and speed) when she narrated those scenes. The same could be said about the intimate scenes: more emotion. The book takes place over several weeks, with time lapses that d
Miranda
 photo seductionhighlandlass_zpseabcb24c.gif

4 stars!

Aden St. George is an interesting hero.

photo royalgroom2_zps782c7477.jpg

He is ridiculously handsome. A girl would have to be dead--or at least apoplectic-- not to react to a man like St. George.
For most of his life he'd seen himself as an outsider. He'd been delibertely rejected by the people in his life who most mattered. He felt unwanted and unworthy, the walking scandal, and someone who didn't deserve a normal life.

He's part of the Royal House Guards. He, along with his friend and mentor Sir Dominic, are secret
Eileen Dandashi
Jan 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
About the Author: Vanessa Kelly writes sensual Regency set historical romances and has been recognized many times over for her talented writing. Her second book, Sex and The Single Earl, won the Maggie Medallion for Best Historical Romance. Her third book, My Favorite Countess, was nominated for an RT Reviewers’ Choice Award for Best Regency Historical Romance. She was named by Booklist as one of the new stars of historical romance.

Her new series, The Renegade Royals, was introduced in a novella
Mojca
***copy provided by publisher through NetGalley***

Lady Vivien Shaw is abducted from her carriage in the middle of Mayfair and held for two days in a smuggler’s cove. To avoid scandal, spymaster Dominic Hunter sends one of his best men to retrieve her.

Aden St. George, bastard son of the Prince Regent, succeeds in rescuing the woman, but saving her is another matter indeed, since the lady’s obviously hiding something. Aden is certain she knows who’s behind the kidnapping, but refuses to tell.

She’
Anna's Herding Cats
Vanessa Kelly's books are always a good time. Unique characters, bold women, an entertaining storyline. And Secrets for Seducing a Royal Bodyguard definitely had a lot of that going on. And it's has an absolutely gorgeous cover happening.

I really liked both Aden and Vivien. They fit nicely and I enjoyed their banter. And I just liked each of them and how they dealt with things. Vivien's inner dialogue cracked me up. She acted like a ninny quite a few times. But she knew she was acting like a nin
Tracy Emro
Jan 14, 2014 rated it really liked it
I have to say I was pleasantly surprised that I liked this book as much as I did.

I liked Vivien (although that spelling kept making me think vixen). She reminded me of Linnet in the prequel Lost in a Royal Kiss. A woman of good sense who cares for her family to the extreme.

Aden was your typical tortured brooding hero. He ran hot and cold and while I tried to be understanding it started to irk me. When he said I'm sorry Vivien, it's over - mentally I was screaming "You stupid jerk! Don't let th
Romancing the Book
Reviewed by Julie
Book provided by Kensington Publishing
Review originally posted at Romancing the Book

I love historical romances with a touch of mystery and intrigue and this one doesn’t disappoint on that front.

Lady Vivien Shaw was kidnapped and Aden St. George, a man with the Royal Guard, is commissioned to rescue her. Their escape from the kidnapper’s clutches was fairly easy and the lady is safe under the watchful eye of Aden. But, there is an undeniable tension between the pair and Aden stru
Sep 03, 2013 rated it liked it
Vanessa Kelly's "Royal Renegades" series starts (or continues if you read the prequel novella) with a rescue attempt. It's probably just me, but like the novella I felt like we're missing a few introductory pages. There's no prelude we jump straight into the action, which is fine and great, but I felt like something was missing.

Aden St. George is sent on behalf of Dominic Hunter to rescue Lady Vivien. Since we've jumped right into the fray of things we don't know the specifics of her abduction.
Leah
Oct 17, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: net-galley-books
England 1814

Aden St. George is sent by Sir Dominic Hunter to rescue Lady Vivien Shaw from some smuggling caves. He finds her drugged and carries her to safety. On the ride from the caves to the tiny hamlet where a coach is waiting, they find their attraction for each other growing. Vivien hasn't had a man care about her welfare or make her feel safe since her father died.

Her family treats her horribly. Her older brother denies any payment for ransom even before it's asked for. Her mother and you
Candace N
Feb 12, 2019 rated it liked it
The hero and heroine in this story were great! They were perfect for each other and there was good chemistry between them. I liked the storyline idea but it was a little over the top at times...Or at least Prince Ivan’s obsession was. Beyond that the writing was great and I enjoyed reading it. 3.5 stars.
An Odd1
Oct 27, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: x-rate
I expected more, with spy secrets, but basic:
Bodies move faster, harder. Repeat.
Hannah
Oct 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing

I loved this book! Don't worry if you haven't read the novella Lost in his Royal Kiss it really doesn't matter it's just back round on the ever present character Dominic but it is a good novella so I sugest you read it anyways. Dominic having grown up know is in charge a spy network against the French, he recruited several by blows of the Royal family, Cousins Aden and Griffin are the ones we know of now (but with as many kids they had that were unclaimed who knows just how long Mrs. Kelly can d
Shauni
Twenty years ago we met Dominic in Lost in a Royal Kiss. He was just a boy, yet a living experiment and in the end, heartbroken. Now he has risen in power and has used that power to help the illegitimate children of the royal princes. Committed to serving the King he is a top spymaster and one of the most powerful men in the country. But for all that, it is more important to him, that these children find a decent life. In Secrets for Seducing a Royal Bodyguard, Dominic has his hands full trying ...more
Heather
Oct 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Wow! Vanessa Kelly creates another masterfully written story in Secrets for Seducing a Royal Bodyguard!

Aden St. George is swoon-worthy! He's intelligent, resourceful, protective, kind, and oh so sexy. He's a secretive spy for the crown and keeps his distance from others after a painful childhood as the bastard son of an illicit extra marital affair between one of the royal princes and the amazing Lady Thornbury who is possibly the coolest and funniest mom I have read about in ages. It seems tha
Amy Alvis
Oct 18, 2013 rated it really liked it
Originally reviewed for: Historical Romance Lover blog

This is book one of the Renegade Royals series.

Lady Vivien Shaw has been kidnapped and it is the job of Aden St. George to rescue her. Unfortunately, his job doesn't end there. Since they don't know who is behind the kidnapping, Aden must go into society to protect Vivien until they find the culprit. But Aden hasn't been mingling with the ton in over 10 years, ever since he started working as a spy for the British government.

Vivien is gratef
JoRead
I will admit I liked the heroine's, Vivien, independent nature. I will admit I liked that our hero Aden was a spy that he was supposedly always in control of everything, even himself. However, and it pains me to say so, I will also admit that even though these two behaved like debauched teenagers at the most unusual and distressing of times, there was no chemistry between the two.
The story begins when Aden is sulking in the shadows about to rescue Lady Vivien from her kidnappers, he rescues her
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 2 Feb 28, 2015 09:03AM

• The Scandal Before Christmas (The Reckless Brides, #3.5)
  • The Rogue's Proposal (House of Trent, #2)
  • Bound by Wish and Mistletoe (Highland Legends #1.5)
  • It Happened Under the Mistletoe (Secret Brides, #3.5)
  • Fire of the Dragon (Bestiary, #1)
  • Brody (Circle Eight, #2)
  • Say Yes to the Duke (House of Brady, #3)
  • Reclaimed: A Highland Historical Trilogy (Highland Historical, #4-6) (The MacKays, #1-3)
  • The Border Laird's Bride (Borderland Brides #2)
  • Geek Girls Don't Date Dukes (Geek Girls, #2)
  • How to Tame Your Duke (A Princess In Hiding, #1)
  • Seven-Night Stand
  • Special Gifts
  • The Bride Says No (The Brides of Wishmore, #1)
  • How to Entice an Enchantress (The Duchess Diaries, #3)
  • The Temptation of Lady Serena (The Marriage Game, #3)
  • The Highlander's Sin (Stolen Bride, #6)
  • To Sin with a Viking (Forbidden Vikings, #1)
Vanessa Kelly is the award-winning and USA Today bestselling author of The Improper Princesses series, the Clan Kendrick, The Renegade Royals, and The Stanton Family series, in addition to other historical romances. Named by Booklist as one of the “Stars of Historical Romance,” her books have been translated into nine languages and published internationally. In graduate school, Vanessa specialized ...more

The Renegade Royals (5 books)
  • Confessions of a Royal Bridegroom (The Renegade Royals, #2)
  • How to Plan a Wedding for a Royal Spy (The Renegade Royals, #3)
  • How to Marry a Royal Highlander (The Renegade Royals, #4)
  • The Buccaneer Duke (The Renegade Royals Book 5)
“Aden St. George managed to avoid having to kill the guard stationed outside his quarry’s crypt-like cell, although the thug outside the caves hadn’t been so lucky. Still, that bastard had tried to knife him in the gut so Aden could hardly be faulted for returning the favor. And knowing what he did about the men who’d kidnapped Lady Vivien Shaw, he wouldn’t waste his fitful conscience on that brutal but necessary act. Killing was not a favorite pastime, but only rarely did it disturb his sleep.

Tonight’s rescue mission carried no inconvenient opportunities for remorse since a woman’s life and innocence hung in the balance. True, the gossips whispered that Lady Vivien’s innocence was an open question, but what would happen to her if Aden failed wasn’t. Without his intervention she would disappear into a nightmarish life, forever beyond the protection of her family and friends.”
2 likes
“Vivien liked men. She liked looking at the handsome ones and talking to the intelligent ones. But they did little to spark her romantic sensibilities, and she’d always found that rather depressing.” 1 likes