Start by marking “Atria Books: A Booklovers Sampler” as Want to Read:
Atria Books: A Booklovers Sampler

Atria Books: A Booklovers Sampler

4.14  ·  Rating details ·  214 Ratings  ·  29 Reviews
You’ve heard of love at first sight—but have you experienced love at first read? Introducing six of the most talented new voices in contemporary women’s fiction. Prepare to fall head over heels for… Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire

Abby Abernathy is a good girl, who could bring the ultimate bad boy to his knees…but not before the secrets of her own dark past come back t
Published April 23rd 2013 by Atria Books

To ask other readers questions about Atria Books, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Atria Books

Slammed - Read - 4 stars
Kati
Jun 17, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: first-reads
Won this as a First-Reads sampler.

Book (sample) by Book (sample) analysis

Selection 1: _Beautiful Disaster_ by Jamie McGuire. I can see where this book might appeal to some. For me, it's not a selection I'd buy, primarily because I couldn't relate to the main character, Abby, right off due to the vast difference between her age and experiences and mine. She's a 18 year old college frosh in the first months of school, falling for the the champion of her college's version of Fight Club. It's well e
Robin
Jun 18, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Disclaimer: I won this book from the Goodreads Giveaways program; sign up with Goodreads, find their Giveaways program (at the down arrow next to the Explore link) for your chance to win cool books!

Have you ever browsed through a bookstore, found an interesting looking book, read a page or two, bought the book, then found that either: a) you happened to pick what apparently were the most brilliant two pages of the book and that the rest left you cold, or b) the rest of the book was as good as, i
Andrew
Jun 25, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
“Atria Books: A Booklovers Sampler” is just that – a sample of 6 current / upcoming books from Atria Books. A reader is not going to be satisfied with these snippets, but that IS kind of the point … if you enjoy what you've read, each has an entire book that you can pick up to continue your reading!

I don't think it's possible to determine if you're going to like a book by reading 10 to 15 pages of it. However, I do think that it is highly likely that you'll be able to determine if you WON'T like
Jennifer Lea
Aug 06, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: first-reads
This is really just a collection of teasers. Many of the titles are not the kind of books I search out. Well written, yes, but not what I would particularly choose. Those of you who long for a good love story, have at it.
That said, the final piece of the collection is from a book called 'Slammed' and it is written by Colleen Hoover. This piece in particular makes me want to give the real novel a chance. It is about loss and being broken inside ... hoping it evolves into the overcoming of the fe
Elyse
Sep 28, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received this book for free through a Goodreads First Reads giveaway.
This book was good for what it was...a sampler of 6 books. Each was about 10 pages or so. I enjoyed 4 out of the 6 excerpts:
Love Unscripted by Tina Reber, One Tiny Lie by K.A. Tucker, The Sea of Tranquility by Katja Millay and Slammed by Colleen Hoover. The other 2 stories had the theme of the dominating, bad boy which I'm just not in to.
This book was worth reading since it gave me some new books to look into reading that I h
Elissa Barbosa
Have read half these books.
Tina Reber, Colleen Hoover & Jamie McGuire are some of my favorite authors...if you haven't read their books....YOU MUST! This collection will keep you page turning!

Slammed is a 5 star book, I've read it twice! Start with that one...then read on in the series! Great love story!

Hopeless is a 5 star book, also read it twice! And upu will want to read the second...such a heartwarming story!

Tina Rebers story is 4 star book, and I do adore her lovely story!

I also plan t
Ngan
Jun 21, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
After reading this sampler, I plan to pick up Sea of Tranquility by Katja Millay and Slammed by Colleen Hoover. I thought the sample chapters from these two books were intriguing and definitely wanted to read more.

This sampler is a compilation of a chapter from each book listed. I couldn't tell if I would like the other books because the chapters were too short and they didn't immediately hook me like the chapters from the above two books.

Thanks Atria Books and Goodreads for the opportunity to
Melissa Johnson
This was a good sample of several upcoming authors. I enjoyed "Naked" by Raine Miller and now have to read the book. It was my favorite in this sampler. I also need to get a copy of "Beautiful Disaster" by Jamie McGuire but after "Naked". The sampler was nice but I often find the stories do not develop enough in the first chapter which is all they gave me. Oh well, based on only one chapter I do recommend "Naked" and "Beautiful Disaster" as interesting, well written novels.
Erica
I can't wait to read this! There's only two that I haven't read so far, and the ones that I have read were amazing!

UPDATE*****
Although I've already read all but one of these books, I still liked it! It really is just a compilation of teasers from each of these authors, but these are some of the best books in NA.

*I received this book from Goodreads First Reads in exchange for an honest review.*
  • Pursued by a Werewolf  (Mystic Isle, #4)
  • Clouds in My Coffee (Limbo, #2)
  • The Blyss Trilogy Boxed Set
  • Taltos I (Las brujas de Mayfair #3)
  • Suicide Ride: The Fix (Suicide Ride #2)
  • Kaden's Breeder
  • Undying Love (Undying Love, #1-3)
  • Eat, Drink and Remarry: Confessions of a Serial Wife
  • Eating Out (Hot Lunch #1)
  • Ghostbusters, Volume 1: The Man From The Mirror
  • The Jamie McGuire Collection: Beautiful Disaster, Walking Disaster, and A Beautiful Wedding
Jamie McGuire was born in Tulsa, Oklahoma. She attended Northern Oklahoma College, the University of Central Oklahoma, and Autry Technology Center where she graduated with a degree in Radiography.

Jamie paved the way for the New Adult genre with the international bestseller Beautiful Disaster. Her follow-up novel, Walking Disaster, debuted at #1 on the New York Times, USA Today, and Wall Street Jou
More about Jamie McGuire...