Start by marking “Atria Books: A Booklovers Sampler” as Want to Read:
Atria Books: A Booklovers Sampler

Atria Books: A Booklovers Sampler

4.08 of 5 stars 4.08  ·  rating details  ·  178 ratings  ·  29 reviews
You’ve heard of love at first sight—but have you experienced love at first read? Introducing six of the most talented new voices in contemporary women’s fiction. Prepare to fall head over heels for… Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire

Abby Abernathy is a good girl, who could bring the ultimate bad boy to his knees…but not before the secrets of her own dark past come back t
Published April 23rd 2013 by Atria Books

To ask other readers questions about Atria Books, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Atria Books

Beautiful Disaster - Read - 5 stars

Love Unscripted - To Read - 4 stars so far

Naked - Read - 4 stars

One Tiny Lie - To Read - 3 stars so far

The Sea of Tranquility - To Read - 4 stars so far

Slammed - Read - 4 stars
Disclaimer: I won this book from the Goodreads Giveaways program; sign up with Goodreads, find their Giveaways program (at the down arrow next to the Explore link) for your chance to win cool books!

Have you ever browsed through a bookstore, found an interesting looking book, read a page or two, bought the book, then found that either: a) you happened to pick what apparently were the most brilliant two pages of the book and that the rest left you cold, or b) the rest of the book was as good as, i
Won this as a First-Reads sampler.

Book (sample) by Book (sample) analysis

Selection 1: _Beautiful Disaster_ by Jamie McGuire. I can see where this book might appeal to some. For me, it's not a selection I'd buy, primarily because I couldn't relate to the main character, Abby, right off due to the vast difference between her age and experiences and mine. She's a 18 year old college frosh in the first months of school, falling for the the champion of her college's version of Fight Club. It's well e
“Atria Books: A Booklovers Sampler” is just that – a sample of 6 current / upcoming books from Atria Books. A reader is not going to be satisfied with these snippets, but that IS kind of the point … if you enjoy what you've read, each has an entire book that you can pick up to continue your reading!

I don't think it's possible to determine if you're going to like a book by reading 10 to 15 pages of it. However, I do think that it is highly likely that you'll be able to determine if you WON'T like
Nickie Amrhein
Booksellers Sampler

Loved It! Just enough to get you hooked and reel you in. I already have Jamie's books, but I am ordering the others now!
Jennifer Lea
This is really just a collection of teasers. Many of the titles are not the kind of books I search out. Well written, yes, but not what I would particularly choose. Those of you who long for a good love story, have at it.
That said, the final piece of the collection is from a book called 'Slammed' and it is written by Colleen Hoover. This piece in particular makes me want to give the real novel a chance. It is about loss and being broken inside ... hoping it evolves into the overcoming of the fe
Emily Lien
I have read a majority of these and have the rest on my need to read list! Ten Tiny Breaths and Ugly Love are at the TOP of my list!
Elissa Barbosa
Have read half these books.
Tina Reber, Colleen Hoover & Jamie McGuire are some of my favorite authors...if you haven't read their books....YOU MUST! This collection will keep you page turning!

Slammed is a 5 star book, I've read it twice! Start with that one...then read on in the series! Great love story!

Hopeless is a 5 star book, also read it twice! And upu will want to read the second...such a heartwarming story!

Tina Rebers story is 4 star book, and I do adore her lovely story!

I also plan t
After reading this sampler, I plan to pick up Sea of Tranquility by Katja Millay and Slammed by Colleen Hoover. I thought the sample chapters from these two books were intriguing and definitely wanted to read more.

This sampler is a compilation of a chapter from each book listed. I couldn't tell if I would like the other books because the chapters were too short and they didn't immediately hook me like the chapters from the above two books.

Thanks Atria Books and Goodreads for the opportunity to
I received this book for free through a Goodreads First Reads giveaway.
This book was good for what it was...a sampler of 6 books. Each was about 10 pages or so. I enjoyed 4 out of the 6 excerpts:
Love Unscripted by Tina Reber, One Tiny Lie by K.A. Tucker, The Sea of Tranquility by Katja Millay and Slammed by Colleen Hoover. The other 2 stories had the theme of the dominating, bad boy which I'm just not in to.
This book was worth reading since it gave me some new books to look into reading that I h
Melissa Johnson
This was a good sample of several upcoming authors. I enjoyed "Naked" by Raine Miller and now have to read the book. It was my favorite in this sampler. I also need to get a copy of "Beautiful Disaster" by Jamie McGuire but after "Naked". The sampler was nice but I often find the stories do not develop enough in the first chapter which is all they gave me. Oh well, based on only one chapter I do recommend "Naked" and "Beautiful Disaster" as interesting, well written novels.
This book contains six samplers from some of Atria's authors. Each snippet is just enough to get you hooked making you want to go right out and pick up the book! One of my favorites had to be "The Sea of Tranquility" by Katja Millay, because it's a story of first loves.Overall, a great way to find new authors that I hadn't heard of, but after reading this book will certainly be looking for their work!
I can't wait to read this! There's only two that I haven't read so far, and the ones that I have read were amazing!

Although I've already read all but one of these books, I still liked it! It really is just a compilation of teasers from each of these authors, but these are some of the best books in NA.

*I received this book from Goodreads First Reads in exchange for an honest review.*
Sarah Crawley
I received this book for free from a Goodreads First Read giveaway. While it was nice to get to sample a chapter of a few different books in this book sampler, some where too short to peak my interest. My favorite one out of the 6 books sampled was Naked by Raine Miller. It was the only one that made me want to read more and I will be adding it to my want to read list.
I received a copy of this book for free through a Goodreads First Reads giveaway. I'm new to the contemporary fiction genre, but this book sampler from Atria Books was a pleasant surprise. This collection has something for everyone. Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire stood out for me.I'm looking forward to reading more from this author.
Silly me! I didn't read the desciption carefully enough and actually expected to receive a tote bag with 6 books! However, the sampler was enough to pique my interest on a couple of the titles. I will be searching them out to see where the stories lead. (Thanks to Goodreads First Reads for the free copy of this sampler!)
First it's free....It starts you out on reading all the best book boyfriends that is out. Plus it will introduce you to new authors. If you haven't read their books yet but you are wondering if it is any good? Then you get a snippet of each book for you to try with out spending the money first.
I received this book sampler from a Goodreads contest. It was a great sampler of contemporary fiction. I have already read a few of the books introduced in the sampler, but was pleasantly surprised by the books, I had not yet. I will be adding the rest to my ever growing TBR pile.
Love small samples of books. This was perfect because if I couldn't get into a book in the first couple chapters then I wouldn't want to spend my money on it and this helped me find a few with which I would like to read fully. received the book for free through Goodreads First Reads.
Renee Rominger
I won this in the giveaway from Atria Books & I really enjoyed it. I'd never read a sampler before but it really lets you get a feel for the books. I'd only read one from the sampler before & I'm definitely going to pick up one or two more now.
this is a collection of samples of books from authors. I would've given it a one but there were some I wanted to read and well the other have (mostly two stories) I didn't want to read.
Miranda Merrill
I had read two of the books that are in this sample, but this sample made me want to check out a couple of the other ones. Can't wait to read the full books of these now.
Beverly Fuller
I won this book on Goodreads First-Reads. All of the book excerpts in this book sound wonderful. Now I want to get all of them and read the whole book.
Very nice collection of samples! I definitely intend to read some of the featured books in its entirety.

*Received from Goodreads first reads giveaway.
There were three books in this sampler I hadn't read. I want to read them right now after finishing the sampler. Off to pick them up!
Short excerpts from various books were not enough to get me interested in reading further.
Lauren R. -CherryRed's Reads
Has all my fav authors in one! Good Sampler to read! :)
A nice sampling of books.
Branden Vanscoy
idk what i was expecting.
Seerat marked it as to-read
Oct 08, 2015
  • Nothing Bad is Going to Happen (No One Else Can Have You, #2)
  • Eat, Drink and Remarry: Confessions of a Serial Wife
  • Surprising Darcy
  • Past Tense Future Perfect
  • When September Ends (September #2)
  • A Hora das Bruxas II (Bruxas Mayfair, #2)
  • Ghostbusters, Volume 1: The Man From The Mirror
  • Ghost Light
  • The World Rose
  • The Atria Indie Lovers Collection: Twisted Perfection / Losing Hope / Red Hill
  • The Vampire Diaries #1
  • 9 Lives (Undying Love, #2)
  • The Jamie McGuire Collection: Beautiful Disaster, Walking Disaster, and A Beautiful Wedding
Jamie McGuire was born in Tulsa, Oklahoma. She attended Northern Oklahoma College, the University of Central Oklahoma, and Autry Technology Center where she graduated with a degree in Radiography.

Jamie paved the way for the New Adult genre with the international bestseller Beautiful Disaster. Her follow-up novel, Walking Disaster, debuted at #1 on the New York Times, USA Today, and Wall Street Jou
More about Jamie McGuire...
Beautiful Disaster (Beautiful, #1) Walking Disaster (Beautiful, #2) Beautiful Oblivion (The Maddox Brothers, #1) A Beautiful Wedding (Beautiful, #2.5) Providence (Providence, #1)

“He smiles. Our handshake lingers as neither one of us says anything. I hate awkward moments. “Well, welcome to Ypsilanti,” he says. He pulls his hand from mine and puts it in his jacket pocket. “Where are you guys moving here from?” “Texas?” I reply. I’m not sure why the tail end of my reply comes out like a question. I’m not sure why I’m even analyzing why it came out like a question. I’m not sure why I’m analyzing the reason why I’m analyzing—I’m flustered.” 0 likes