Start by marking “Kristy and the Walking Disaster (The Baby-Sitters Club, #20)” as Want to Read:
Kristy and the Walking Disaster (The Baby-Sitters Club, #20)

Kristy and the Walking Disaster

(The Baby-Sitters Club #20)

They're lean, they're mean, they're the pride of Stoneybrook. Who are they? They're Kristy's Krushers!

When Kristy sees how much her little brothers and sisters want to play on a softball team, she organizes a ragtag team of her own. They may not be champions, with Jackie Rodowsky, walking disaster, on the team, but at least they have team spirit!

Now Bart's Bashers have cha
Published December 1st 2012 by Scholastic Inc. (first published January 1st 1988)

To ask other readers questions about Kristy and the Walking Disaster, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Kristy and the Walking Disaster

Ciara
Mar 01, 2010 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
hated this book as a kid, hate it as an adult. this is the one where kristy starts her ragtag softball team, kristy's krushers (although obnoxious brat karen brewer insists on spelling it, "kristy's crushers," because she is all about proper spelling). her team consists of kids too young or uncoordinated or otherwise unfit for little league, including jamie newton (afraid of the ball), calire pike (prone to baseball-related tantrums), david michael thomas (a klutz), jake kuhn (chubby), matt brad ...more
3.5 Stars
Shira
this is my first time reading this book

kristy starts a ragtag softball team (kristy's krushers) comprised of kids who are too young or otherwise ill-equipped for little league. she meets bart taylor, coach of bart's bashers, a team that is slightly more uniform in age and ability. they decide to have the krushers and bashers play a game against one another, and kristy crushes (not krushes) on bart. the titular walking disaster is of course jackie rodowsky, but he's not really the most significan
Souvenir du primaire... qui aurait dû y rester. ;-) Ha ha ha!
Ashley
Jul 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018, bsc, own, reread
I'm generally not a fan of sports books, but gosh if the Baby-sitters Club didn't make a great one. The story is cute, and even though (spoiler alert!) the Krushers didn't win the big game, they tried, and it tugged at my sports-hating heartstrings a little bit.

Also how is Gabbie Perkins on the team and speaking coherently at two and a half, when Marine Barrett is essentially a lump at the tender age of two? Gabbie is playing baseball in an organized setting, while Marnie gums down Cheerios in h
Elaine Mullane
May 05, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I used to love the Babysitter's Club! My friends and I used to swap them between us when I was in primary school. They were so popular at the time, there was a waiting list at the library if you wanted to read them in chronological order! I used to be allowed to buy one book a week on a Friday when I was younger; this was usually an Enid Blyton, Roald Dahl, Point Horror or one of these! I would love to revisit them at some stage, just for nostalgia's sake!
Samantha
I have always loved baseball, ever since I was a kid. Loved to go to games, loved to play it, just...you know. I was a sports child who grew into a sports adult.

I hated this book back then, and I hate this book now. The Kristy softball stuff was always SO BORING, and this is an entire book about her starting the Krushers. It is literally nothing but Claire Pike tantrums, Jackie Rodowsky doing klutzy stuff, and just general dullness. I am so glad it's over and I can move on with my re-read.
M.M. Strawberry Reviews
Overall an pretty enjoyable book, and if you're a fan of Kristy, this is a good look into her mind as her competitiveness/leadership spirit does guide her in many of her decisions, including her relationship with her younger siblings.
Tiffany
Dec 01, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
So fun to read about Kristy's first crush on a cute boy. I love the Baby-Sitters Club books.
Katie
Oct 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: logan-read
It was a great book I think “the baby sitter club “ is a great series for kids and adults. Sincerely Lo😜
lisa
Sep 16, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Kristy forms her famous Krushers in this book. This was the first of several books that bored me out of my mind since they went on and on about softball , and described the games these little children played in great detail. Reading about softball isn't interesting even when the players are good. I read this when I was nine or ten, but I could have been older because I'm sure I put off reading it since it seemed so boring.

Things I remember from reading this as a kid:
The only thing I remember ver
Logan Hughes
Kristy forms a ragtag baseball team.

The title for this is insanely wrong, since Jackie Rodowsky (the walking disaster who is introduced, and gets more screentime, in #10) is not at all the focus of this story. In fact, it’s about Kristy starting her baseball team for kids who are not that good at baseball, the Krushers, and it’s exactly as much about Jackie as it is about any of the other kids on the team, including David Michael and Karen, the Papadakises, three Pikes, Matt Braddock, the Barret
Swankivy
When I picked this one up I expected to not really enjoy it because I don't care for books about "disasters" and contrived clumsiness, but I have to admit I have a weakness for inspirational sports movies and this kind of reminded me of The Sandlot. Kristy has a clumsy sitting client and invites him--along with some other neighborhood kids who are too young for Little League--to join her ragtag softball team, Kristy's Krushers. Annoyingly, there had to be a non-sports element as well, so the aut ...more
Julie Decker
Kristy decides to round up the neighborhood's baseball enthusiasts who are too young for Little League and make a ragtag baseball team out of them. But when another team disrespects their efforts, Kristy and the opposing team's coach end up going to head to head. Kristy wrestles with whether she likes the other coach, and in the meantime, she supports each of her kids and teaches them about sportsmanship while improving their skills.

One VERY good lesson in this book--which inspired me to give it
Kristine (The Writer's Inkwell)
Posted originally on my blog:
The Writer's Inkwell

Why is it that just as I’m starting to remember why I loved this series, I get to a book that makes me wonder why the hell this was ever a popular series. Of course, I was really young when I originally read this book. Probably no older than seven to be exact. But for the life of me, I did not recall Kristy talking so horribly about the kids on her team. At one point, she’s mentally repeating what the craptastic kids on the Bashers team said. And
Meredith
Mar 24, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
You know when you attend a professional baseball game in the summer, it's mildly interesting because you can eat nachos, paint your nails, get a tan and sing along to whatever they blare from the speakers? But when you watch a professional baseball game on TV it's a bit more boring because you lose some of the experience? Now imagine reading a book about a softball team that is half comprised of toddlers/preschoolers (literally Gabbie is 2.5) written at about a third grade reading level. See whe ...more
Natalí
Jan 28, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: oldie, kindle, bsc
The last of this batch of BSC Kindle read. I read it pretty quickly (don't really know why) but I remembered having read it before. I actually remember almost nothing of the storyline except for the presence of Bart. The highlight of the book is just that... Kristy likes a boy. After so much complaining (in the last books) about how she dislikes them, there comes a boy that can make her change her mind...
Now I'm realizing that, as I finished the book more than a month ago, I've already blocked t
April
Mar 16, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: childrens, reviewed

Awesome books that girls will love! And the
Ramya (Idea Smith)
Nov 29, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own-this-book
Another fun Kristy book, marking the start of a new sub-point in the Babysitters Club series - Kristy's Krushers, Bart's Bashers and Bart himself. Kristy, the tomboyish president is finally in LIKE! And her competitive instincts lead her to mark out her equal and impress him by putting together a softball team of her own. Great fun, high energy and lots of laughs - read it even if you are not a sports fan.
Kristy sets out to coach a youth baseball team ala Bad News Bears. Because I like kids and enjoy hearing about anytime kids are taught or coached I enjoyed this edition more than some others in the series.
Michaela Branum
I used to like Kristy up until now! A crush! Seriously? but I think its neat how she came up with a team. that's cool. It takes a lot of effort to do that kind of thing... and to get all of the stuff and to find the team and that kind of thing. 2 stars though...
Laura DiNicola
Aug 27, 2010 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2010
Hated this book as a kid. The only thing worse than Kristy is Kristy plus excessive sports talk. As someone else mentioned, it's slightly less awful as an adult who knows the rules, but I'm still not a fan.
Jenn
Accelerated Reader Quiz Type Information AR Quiz Types: RP, VP
Amie
Jan 02, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: bsc, books-i-own
This could have been titled "Kristy and the Krushers". The Walking Disaster part wasn't very big. Kristy barely even baby-sat Jackie in this one. It's still a good story.
Sally
Jackie always was heaps of fun :) One of the first few that I read and thus a nostalgic favourite.
Amy Holcomb
Oct 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Baby-sitters Club series was my favorite growing up! :)
Rachel Brand
Jan 15, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own, children, 2011
Enjoyed this a lot more than I thought I would, considering it's about softball! Such a cute story, loved the interactions between Kristy and her family. 9/10
Nicoebd96
Sep 30, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I know these are really old books and really easy for my reading level but I just plain love them, ther funny and plain interestiing this is just and example I read the whole series though
Velvet
Jan 05, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-i-own
12 year old me absolutely loved this book. The entire series actually.
  • The War Between the Twins (Sweet Valley Twins, #37)

The Baby-Sitters Club (1 - 10 of 131 books)
  • Kristy's Great Idea (The Baby-Sitters Club, #1)
  • Claudia and the Phantom Phone Calls (The Baby-sitters Club, #2)
  • The Truth About Stacey (The Baby-Sitters Club, #3)
  • Mary Anne Saves the Day (The Baby-Sitters Club, #4)
  • Dawn and the Impossible Three (The Baby-Sitters Club, #5)
  • Kristy's Big Day (The Baby-Sitters Club, #6)
  • Claudia and Mean Janine (The Baby-Sitters Club, #7)
  • Boy-Crazy Stacey (The Baby-Sitters Club, #8)
  • The Ghost at Dawn's House (The Baby-Sitters Club, #9)
  • Logan Likes Mary Anne! (The Baby-Sitters Club, #10)