Start by marking “Hostage (Bodyguard, #1)” as Want to Read:

(Bodyguard #1)

ASSESS THE THREAT.
COUNTER THE DANGER.
ESCAPE THE KILLZONE.

In a dangerous world, everyone needs protection.

No one suspects that a teenager could protect someone – but Connor Reeves is no ordinary 14 year old. He’s a professional bodyguard trained in surveillance, anti-ambush techniques, hostage survival and unarmed combat. When he’s summoned to protect the President’s daugh
Published May 2nd 2013 by Puffin Books

DaJa
Apr 18, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017, thriller
Eigentlich bin ich ja komplett außerhalb der Zielgruppe dieser Buchreihe aber das Buch war genau das richtige für mich. Leicht, spannend, aktionreich.
Connor beginnt als Buddyguard für Jugendliche zu arbeiten und tritt damit in die Fussstapfen seines toten Vaters. Das nächste Buch liegt auch schon bereit und ich bin gespannt wie es weitergeht mit den Bodyguards. (Buddygards hört sie eigentlich scheiße an ;))
SJH (A Dream of Books)
I love books about boy spies and the Alex Rider series by Anthony Horowitz is one of my favourites. This series is in a similar vein but with a twist - instead of spies it focuses on teen bodyguards who are recruited and trained to protect people of importance. As teenagers they are able to go places where a standard protection team are unable to go.

The author, Chris Bradford, underwent professional bodyguard training in preparation for writing 'Hostage' and his dedication shows in the authenti
Maxine Livingstone
Nov 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Connor Reeves is a young boy at the age of 15 recruited to join a undercover agency called the Bodyguards. This book is attention grabbing from the beginning of the book to the end. I loved Connor's character growth in this book. When he first decided to join this organization to better understand his father who died while protecting someone it didn't cross Connor's mind that he would actually find himself in great peril of losing it. He soon realizes this somewhere in the middle of the book of ...more
Saphirablue
Apr 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
Steph
Mar 09, 2015 rated it really liked it

Voici la chronique d’un autre roman jeunesse qui m’a bien plu.

Dans ce roman nous suivons Connor Reeves, 14 ans. Il mène une vie on ne peut plus normale, il habite avec sa mère et sa grand-mère.
Une vie normale jusqu’à ce qu’il participe à un match national de kickboxing à Londres et où un homme l’observe ; normale jusqu’à ce qu’il se fasse malmener dans la rue en voulant sauver un jeune garçon embêté par ce qu’il prend pour des voyous.
À partir de ce soir
Dagmar
Jul 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Dit was echt GEWÉLDIG! Wil jij weten waarom? Lees mijn recensie: http://leesendroom.jouwweb.nl/gijzeling
Lewis
Oct 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
“Conner felt a sharp stab of pain in his ribs as the blade hit its mark…” Recently I read a book called Bodyguard 2 by Chris Bradford. It is a great book with lots of action. I think that he wrote it for I think maybe 7th 8th and maybe some freshman. I have read the first one I really liked it I think the next book I'm going to read next quarter is the third book of the series it is definitely a book I couldn't put down. I think he wanted it to be an action-packed book with some romance here an ...more
Rebecca
This was an excellent first book in a new series. It was a book which I have thoroughly enjoyed and I look forward to reading the other books in the series.

The main character is Conner a teenage who has been trained in all manner of protection techniques in his role as a bodyguard. Following in the footsteps of his father he goes on his first solo mission to protect the president of America's daughter. A difficult teenage girl who doesn't like her CIA surveillance and does everything within her
Chiara
Aug 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
very thrilling. Nice weapons and secret messages.
BookLoversLife
This book was fantastic. I haven't read anything like it before and absolutely flew through the pages. The idea of a young bodyguard immediately appealed to me and I jumped at the chance to read it.

I loved the plot and the idea behind it. You could imagine having a bodyguard for your child, if you were rich of course, so why not have a highly trained bodyguard who is the same age as your child and blends in!! That is the whole idea surrounding this book.

Connor is only 14 but he is a world cham
Namtarn Chawanrat
Dec 08, 2013 rated it liked it
It's a pararell world of Alex Rider or what???
1. 14 yrs old English boys. Master in martial arts
2. Alex's uncle was a spy. Connor's dad was a bodyguard. Oh man, you gotta to stop 'it's in your blood' stereotype.
3. They put kids in deadly jobs. Wtf
4. Alex is an orphan. Connor's dad died. So it wasn't cool if parents live. Get it?
And I might add, wtf is buddyguard *eyesroll*. Fine, i can pretend that is kinda cool with a bodyguard school. Personally, think the plot is soooooooo cliche. Everythi
The Book Review Library
This book was fun to read and a nice break from the sci fi I usually read. I wasn't expecting much, as although I used to love them, teen spy (or similar, like this) books just seem incredibly unrealistic and the idea has been used many times. But I was surprised.

I enjoyed reading about Connor and his friends, both in the UK and America. These parts broke up the action and really made me get to know the main characters a lot more. The concept of a 'buddyguard' and Connor's training in general se
Danyal Wahid
In all honesty I didn't expect much from this book. It just seemed like the kind of novel you read to pass the time or if you have nothing better to do.
But I was in for a surprise. I thoroughly enjoyed reading it. It was fun and it had that whole young James bond thing going on which I loved in the Alex rider series even if it wasn't as awesome.
However at times the storyline did seem a bit rushed and incomprehensive, thus the three stars.
Though I definitely would recommend it to anyone who just
Mycoton32
Mar 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
17/20
En bref, dès la première page on est entrainés dans la vie de Connor. Ce dernier ne comprend pas tout ce qui lui arrive mais il est enrôlé pour devenir garde du corps d'adolescents de son âge. Il prend son rôle très à cœur d'autant que sa première mission l'emmène aux USA. Du rythme, des rebondissements, un peu de violence, de l'espoir, de l'amour et de l'amitié, tels sont les ingrédients de ce premier tome. Vivement la suite !

Bryan
Jun 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Chris Bradford wanted to write books for boys and for girls that were just full blown action and I'd say he has achieved his goal by once again thrilling his audience with astounding literature skill and creative thinking but be warned all the techniques in Chris' books are real and dangerous. So if you like non-stop action,are boy or girl, don't mind a bit of romance then I'd highly recommend you read this book, it's AWESOME!!!
Sydney Mugerwa
Sep 07, 2015 rated it it was ok
Perhaps I was punching below my weight or something with Hostage. It just didn't do it for me. I got turned off with platitudes by the bucketload. I gushed about the Young Samurai volumes in their entirety so Chris Bradford and I go way back. But for me, this was a lackluster performance.
Ashley
Aug 23, 2014 rated it really liked it
A good quick read. I read this after looking for something similar to the Alex Rider series. Alex will remain forever and ever my favourite, but this one was fun. Well definitely be reading more by this author.
Elena
May 17, 2014 rated it liked it
Hampshire Book Award
Alexandra
Aug 16, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Amazing! I have just read this book from the beginning to end and was completely caught by everything that happened!
Cindy Hudson
Jun 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
Connor Reeves is the latest recruit in an elite organization that provides bodyguards for high profile clients. But Connor and his fellow bodyguards are unlike those of any other organization in the world: they are teens. They have an advantage over older bodyguards, because they seem to be ordinary kids who are merely friends of the people they are protecting.

That’s the premise of a new series by Chris Bradford called Bodyguard. Based on the first two books in the series that I have read, Recru
Lauren
Apr 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I cannot believe the beginning of this book! Unbelievable! Fast paced ride much like Black Hawk Down.

But why? What does it have to do with this teen, Connor Reeves.

Just wait to find out.

This is a fast-paced, action-packed story that will enthrall even the most reluctant of readers. Tension is built through these short chapters interspersed within the main action, hinting to the horror and terror to come. We know something the main characters don't. If I was watching this in a movie, I might be b
Lynda
Jul 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kids-teens
Jane
Oct 19, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: jugendbuch
Die Action ist gut beschrieben, wenn man die ganzen Fachbegriffe im Kopf hat.
Dialoge sind nicht gerade die Stärke des Autors. Bis jetzt äußern sich die Figuren nur in Platitüden.
Das Connor bei der ersten Erwähnung von "Buddy-Guard" nicht losgelacht hat, hat ihn gleich weniger sympathisch gemacht :-D
Und die bisher abstruse Vorstellung dass irgendeine Firma es wagen würde Minderjährige für lebensgefährliche Aufgaben anzustellen ohne Einverständniserklärung der Eltern ist einfach zu absurd. Wo is
David
May 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was a surpisingly goood book. I give it a 4.5 out of 5 stars but since they have no half ratings i gave it 5 stars. I have never read any spy or thriller books before, especially once that is so focused on spy and military tactics and equipment. This was my main concern, as when not done right it is very easy to show the author's obssesions with powerful guns and things that go boom. Luckily this is not the case with this book as it limits this aspect but also makes it easier to understand. ...more
Leov Grachev
Jun 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
This book was recommended to me in 2016 and I have finally got around to reading it. It was awesome and it definitely met my expectations as the book had many good reviews from other popular authors and journals/magazines. The book has a male main character but he also is a teenager and becomes a bodyguard for the organisation Buddyguard. I like the book because of its double-sided story and its turns and twists. I don't exactly have a favourite quote from the book as the book is mainly just dia ...more
Janet Riegel
May 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: juvenile-fiction
This was quite a ride!!!!The prologue reads like a Vince Flynn novel!. It is definitely more appropriate for older Elementary or young teens. Such an amazing concept! Having teens serve as bodyguards because no one looks at the child.
Connor Reeves lost his father who was also a bodyguard protecting the Ambassador to Iraq. [prologue account] Move ahead 6 years. Connor is 14 and is contending for the British Junior title in Kickboxing.
He is tapped for the Guardian Program - very elite and very dar
Akshita
Jul 23, 2017 rated it liked it
Well this was a young adult book and as such, the book wasn't all that hard to follow. The author made no attempt to hide who the bad guys were and even Hazim's identity in the U.S. was fairly obvious. However, the writing was good and I enjoyed reading the action scenes even though I couldn't fully understand the complex martial arts moves executed. Nor could I understand the technological mumbo-jumbo provided. But it was fun and there was a good flow and it was understandable for the most part ...more
Xing Zhi
Jun 16, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: grl-lower-sec, mb-ok
All the best teen agent books seem to come from the UK~ You got Alex Rider, then the CHERUB peeps, the TimeRiders, and then you got Connor Reeves.

OK so I read the original half book called "Recruit", so when I moved to this one thinking it was book 2, I found I could skip roughly 253 pages of the same content. Just have to note though: in Recruit the organisation is called "Guardian", but here it's called "Buddyguard". Bit of a disconnect for me since I read them back-to-back.

I think it's a pret
Mianonor
Aug 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I caught my 13-year old son reading. It wasn't a mandatory read for school but he read it because he liked it. That has happened only a couple of times, like so many kids these days he prefers gaming to reading. I read the blurb and was surprised that the MC was a teenager. So when my son was finished I read i myself. And yes, for grown-ups it was quite predictable, a bit cliché - so what? It was a good read.

I would recommend it.
Fatimah
Jul 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites
I'm really enjoying this series, definitely didn't expect it to be as action-packed as it is.

I know there's no direct reference to Islam but to clear things up, let me just say: There's no such thing as Muslim terrorists! Islam is a religion of peace so any people who committed violence that goes against Islam's beliefs is NOT Muslim.
  • Agent 21 (Agent 21, #1)
  • Heroic
  • Lunatic Revenge (Lunatic Life, #3)
  • Hatch (The Dragons Of Laton, #1)
  • Broken Beasts (Xoe Meyers, #3)
  • 横浜騒乱編<下> - Yokohama Disturbance (II) (Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei, #7)
  • Loyalty (Mark of Nexus, #4)
  • Shift (Realms, #1)
  • DEFCON Darcy (The Darcy Walker Series #4)
  • Money Run (Ashley Arthur, #1)
  • Scorched Earth (Henderson's Boys, #7)
Chris Bradford is the bestselling author of the Young Samurai, Ninja and Bodyguard Series.

Chris is renowned for his inspiring author events and ‘method writing’ style. For his award-winning Young Samurai series, he trained in samurai swordmanship, karate, ninjutsu and earned his black belt in Zen Kyu Shin Taijutsu. For his BODYGUARD series, Chris embarked on an intensive close protection course to

Bodyguard (6 books)
  • Ransom (Bodyguard, #2)
  • Ambush (Bodyguard, #3)
  • Target (Bodyguard #4)
  • Assassin (Bodyguard #5)
  • Fugitive (Bodyguard #6)