Start by marking “Dr. Seuss's ABC: An Amazing Alphabet Book!” as Want to Read:
Dr. Seuss's ABC: An Amazing Alphabet Book!

Dr. Seuss's ABC: An Amazing Alphabet Book!

(Beginner Books)

4.08  ·  Rating details ·  38,257 ratings  ·  1,392 reviews
From Aunt Annie's Alligator to Zizzer-Zazzer-Zuzz, this sturdy board book version of Dr. Seuss's ABC is now available in a bigger trim size. With Dr. Seuss as your guide, learning the alphabet is as fun and as funny as the feather on a Fiffer-feffer-feff!
Board Book, Bright and Early Board Book, 24 pages
Published January 7th 2014 by Random House Books for Young Readers (first published 1963)

To ask other readers questions about Dr. Seuss's ABC, please sign up.
Daniel Walton I f You Do. Like What Begins With D? Will You Add New Scenes?
Sean Harding Opening the front cover always works or me, unless hey you could be rebellious open the back cover and read it backwards.

·  38,257 ratings  ·  1,392 reviews

Start your review of Dr. Seuss's ABC: An Amazing Alphabet Book!
Archit Ojha
Jul 29, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: ebooks
Innovative words. Amazing alliterations. Made-up names.

This is Dr. Seuss for you.

Well done, doctor. :D
seak
Feb 02, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Only Dr. Seuss has the audacity to make up names in a book that teaches kids the alphabet.

Zizzer-zazzer-zuzz? Really?

Can you tell I've been reading lots of these books lately with my 18 month old?
Fables&Wren
Jan 07, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
WrensReads Review:

My best friend just got like eight Dr. Seuss books and I am not sorry about flooding your feed today and tomorrow with me reading them and telling you how amazing they are.

Because, I mean, it's Dr. Seuss. Can it be anything less?

I would read this to my kids, your kids, your neighbor's kids, the kid down the block, the kid of my worst enemy and probably just all kids
Dianna
Dec 16, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I think that this is the most amazing alphabet book ever, word-wise. (Animalia wins for pictures, I think.)

We've been collecting Dr. Seuss books for quite some time, because we tend to like them. I never read this book as a child, and I'm almost glad, because I get to be so astounded now as an adult.

First of all, there's great meter. Second, there's tons of alliteration. Third, the allit
Sara Alaee

and a
bumblebee.

...
Stephanie Skolmoski
"Big A little a what begins with A?" And it begins -- the sound of a little voice answering the question - "Aunt Annie's Alligator A a A." This is a favorite read in the car - so much so that my grand kids have it memorized!

Dr. Seuss has a magical way of rhyming and creating rhythm that appeal to young and old. You begin reading about Aunt Annie's alligator and you're off into that delightful rhythm that keeps you and the children hooked to the very end with the Zizzer-Zazzer-Zuzz. S
Shannon (Giraffe Days)
We have quite a few ABC books in the house now, but I don't think any of them are quite as fun to read as this one - certainly not with the younger readers anyway. Seuss doesn't go for the usual pattern of picking one thing for each letter; no, he has to include silly rhymes and even some made-up words too, paired with his trademark slightly-unrealistic illustrations. A sample:

BIG A,
little a,
what begins with A?

Aunt Annie's alligator.
A...a...A

Erik Graff
Jan 30, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: kids just learning to read
Recommended to Erik by: Jack Gregory
Shelves: art
His parents being concerned about how much time he was spending watching a computer video game on YouTube, first-grader Jack was told to stop and I thereupon invited him to pick out a book to read instead. He selected this one without complaint and the two of us proceeded to study it, page by page, both in terms of its words, but also in terms of their reference to the art work. To make it more participatory, I asked Jack to give a word starting with the letter-to-come before proceeding to see w ...more
Neda
Jan 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'll definitely read this book to my child :)
Nancy
Jan 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is an excellent book for some one who is just learning to read. I look forward to reading more of this author's work.
Michael Finocchiaro
Oct 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: american-20th-c, kids
I insist on this one at least once every two weeks to get the alphabet front and center for my son. I think his favorite is Rosie’s Red Rhinoceros but then the Zizzer-Zazzer-Zuzz is also pretty neat
Sophia Ismaa
Jun 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
I read this with my 9yo cousin and it was a fun activity to get her to think about different words that begin with different letters, especially enjoyed thinking of animals beginning with whichever letter we were on. This is really useful and a super fun activity to do with your children!
Sandra Bašić
Apr 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Love Dr. Seuss, great illustrations!
Jason
Feb 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-to-cass
Good Dr Seuss fun for learning the alphabet and also for learning what made up words begin with which letter. Dr Seuss has managed the make the alphabet fun... at long last. Best one in the book is Y.

"A Yawning Yellow Yak. Young Yolanda Yorgenson is Yelling on his back"

Stacy
Jan 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
My grand daughter read this one to me. The majority of words easy for her to handle.
Benjamin Dover
Jun 09, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
this book helped me a lot!!!!! without this book i would be lost...
Emily Davenport
Loved reading this one to Catherine. We will be rereading this one often.
Michelle (Sherbet Lemon)
Lots of fun alliterations in this book! I think this would be great for kids learning how to read beyond the bare basics. (or fun to read to kids learning how to read)
Bronwyn
I remember this from when I was young. It’s still just as weird... lol
Ernesto Alvarado
Mar 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Great ilustrations. The rhymes are very simple but they work for children.
Children must read Dr. Seuss as much as possible.
Sharadha Jayaraman
The blurb gives it away - a must-have for every young child’s library. If the English alphabet was taught to me as a young kid like this, then learning it would've been easier and so much more fun! Also a handy resource for primary schoolteachers.
Andrew Greatbatch
Feb 05, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-in-2016
Reading every single Seuss book because he's great :p
Lottie Defriend
Nov 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
I really enjoy books by Dr. Seuss due to their uniqueness.

Likes:
I like the illustrations as they are very colourful and help bring the words to life, especially the descriptions given the author has created and are hard to picture in your mind, for example, a 'fiffer-feffer-feff'.
The big text makes it easy for children to use, additionally, this helps when using the book for shared reading as children more likely to be able to read the text.
The challenge of trying t
Mortisha Cassavetes
Jul 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2018
Such a cute book by the creative author Dr. Seuss. His books are loved by all the kids I know because of their unique flair for quirkiness and fun. This book is just another example of his creativity. I highly recommend these to all beginning readers and their parents.
Jim Gorman
Feb 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: childrens
Another book I love reading to the kids. The usual rhythm of the words. And the usual strange images and ideas you come to expect. It’s a very good book to help really young kids learn their ABS’s
Evelyn
Aug 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love all the rhymes, the pictures, and all the creativity. A fun book.
Slayermel
A quirky book that goes through the ABC's.
Some rhyming and word play in typical Dr. Seuss style

Bright Pictures and interesting creatures make it interesting and entertaining for the children.
The children in my class enjoy this book.
Bella
Sep 16, 2019 rated it liked it
good for toddlers
Melissa Maynard
Nov 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is SUCH a fun book! My sister and I actually used this book in a talent show when I was working at a Boys and Girls Club, she beat boxed and I rapped to it! Even days after you could hear some of the little ones repeating rhymes from this book. It is great for rhyming and alphabet lessons.
Annikka
Nov 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: picture-books
Summarize the book:
This is a classic Dr. Seuss book that introduces the alphabet to its readers. With each letter of the alphabet there is a little sentence/rhyme that has a majority of the words beginning with the same letter. Some of the items that are mentioned are real items, but as with just about all Dr. Seuss books there are some more creative words that are added in.

Identify the characteristics from the text that support the specific genre:
The sentences in this bo
YYYYY 1 1 Mar 28, 2018 04:39AM
teste 1 2 Mar 28, 2018 03:46AM
Alphabet Book 1 1 Oct 18, 2016 05:23PM

• Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See?
  • Chicka Chicka Boom Boom
  • The Poky Little Puppy
  • I Love You, Stinky Face
  • Clifford the Big Red Dog
  • The Very Hungry Caterpillar

Beginner Books (1 - 10 of 152 books)
  • The Eye Book
  • Big Dog...Little Dog: A Bedtime Story
  • The Big Honey Hunt
  • Put Me in the Zoo
  • Inside, Outside, Upside Down (Berenstain Bears)
  • I'll Teach My Dog 100 Words