Start by marking “Alliance (Paladin Prophecy, #2)” as Want to Read:
Alliance (Paladin Prophecy, #2)

Read Book* *Different edition

Alliance

(The Paladin Prophecy #2)

To Will West, it seems a lifetime ago that he fled his home. Pursued by mysterious men, Will escaped to the Center, an exclusive prep school. There, he and his new roommates exposed a sinister underground society of students known as the Knights of Charlemagne. In their pursuit of the truth, Will and his new friends discovered that they had uncanny abilities...

Now Will and
Published January 7th 2014 by Random House Books for Young Readers (first published December 7th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Alliance, please sign up.
Madison Roth Actually, there's some inappropriate language…moreActually, there's some inappropriate language(less)

Start your review of Alliance (Paladin Prophecy, #2)
Spike Anderson
Jul 15, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: scififant
What a disappointment. The 1st book was incredible... I can hardly believe the 2nd was written by the same author. All of the brazenness and incredible character development that defined the 1st was sincerely absent from this book. Literally 3/4 of it was on this vapid underground adventure which should have been 20 pages Max- I could not believe that I was bored. Only at the very end was there a hint of the jewel that I expected, just in time to end What a buzz kill
Grace
Jul 18, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
In the previous book in the series, Will and his roommates defeated the Knights of Charlemagne. Six months after that major ordeal, many questions still hang in the air about the Knights and their ties to the monsters of the Never-Was, the evil ancient race that existed before humans, banished from this world.
Will and his friends set out to learn more about what they’re dealing with using their super power/abilities, super speed, telepathy, sonic power, and excellent vision and memory respective
Athena Shardbearer
Buddy Read with Boo-Thang!

4.5 Stars.

I really enjoyed this one. It wasn't as fast paced as the last, but there was a lot of things uncovered. There were a lot of questions answered, but a lot unanswered. I have to say that this trilogy, so far, is one of the best YA I have read in a while. Its about friendship, relying on one another, and being yourself. These group of friends are discovering who they are, what they can do and work together to fight the bad guys.

Now, it's SOOOO over the top at t
Nola
Nov 05, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018-2019
I liked this book, but not as much as the first one. I liked all the plot twists and how you never really knew what was coming. Some parts were really creepy, and it had a really big cliffhanger, which made me look forward to the next book.
Lady Poppy
Beforehand:
I'm kind of relieved that this one is so much shorter than the first. Maybe it will be less fluffy and more edited? :D

So excited.

After:
Meh.

3 stars (which is really bad on my rating scale)

The entire book was fluff, basically, most of it being one adventure that really could have been shortened into 30 pages.

The book was fairly adventurous, but I found myself completely bored during it- I couldn't wait for it to be over. I really couldn't.

I didn't like how Will lead on both Elise and B
Chester
Oct 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is the second one in the Paladin Prophecy series and it's equally awesome. Will and the gang set out again to try and figure out the Paladin Prophecy more in depth and they figure out some things that weren't supposed to be uncovered.
I think this book was super awesome but it's long like the first one if you only like short reads. I recommend it to all YA readers it's amazing
gabi
May 28, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This one fell short of the first book. But that ending?! What? No! I need the next one now!!!

Will West has lost much. So so much. He tries to bury his feelings, but he pushes people away, is silent, and alone. He struggles to understand his mental and physical abilities. But now he must get things together and Awaken. Spending their summer at the Center, an exclusive prep school, Will, Ajay, Nick, Elise, and Brooke explore the area to learn more about the Knights of Charlemagne. The plans and se
Kat Heckenbach
I gave the first book in this series five stars. It had everything--cool plot, great characters, lots of action, vivid descriptions.

This one...

I still really liked Will, and the voice remained the same for him. But the other characters? It was like the author forgot who they were, Ajay lost all his personality and became a complete nerd rather than the personable technogeek he was in the first book. Nick became a caricature of stupidity (but I admit I still liked him a lot). Elise was fairly str
Shandra
Feb 28, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: buddy-read
Buddy read with my most favorite Greek chick starting July 21st.

Initial thoughts (see below for review):
Dammit Mark Frost!!!! Damn you and that cliffy you left me on!!!! I did enjoy this book. A couple of issues for me. Review to come.

Review:

Actual rating: 3.5 stars. No spoilers ahead.

*sigh* I really, really enjoyed the first book in this series. The characters are all so fun to me. In fact, the entire story is just pure fun. It's a cute story too. I really loved watching these characters gr
Maluhia
Feb 05, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I wanted to like this book. The Paladin Prophecy was interesting, not my favourite book by any means, but interesting enough that I was curious to see how book two would go down. I slogged through most of Alliance until the pace finally picked up in the last quarter or so, and felt rather cheated for my efforts. Thank god I'm a fast reader.

While there are novelty points with intriguing nuggets of theosophy (really the only reason why I've read the two books thus far), the plot just seems to mea
Robby
Jan 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Will and his friends have just busted the Knights of Charlemagne. He persuades his friends to stay at the school over the summer to help him uncover even more of the mystery. They plan to investigate even further about the Knights and how they formed. They also discover that they were all part of the Paladin Prophecy and that is why they have special powers. They have no idea of the trouble that they will encounter on this quest.

This book was really good. Just like the first, it was a great mix
G.M. Burrow
Mar 10, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction
Meh. A writer can be forgiven many things, but not caring about their work is past putting up with. Mark Frost can spin a complex, imaginative tale, but Alliance feels like he penned it in one sitting with the simple goal of getting it done, and never went back over it. Either his writing has decayed since the first book or I've grown more aware of how often he insists instead of shows. And I (nearly) quote: "A super scary monster with really terrifying eyes radiating malevolence traveled toward ...more
Maricel Cañete
Apr 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An exciting, fast-paced story!!!!! Can't wait for book 3.....the cliffhanger is really good..... ...more
Carl Alves
I should have realized before I started reading this novel that I probably wasn’t the target audience. Still, I try to read a wide variety of fiction so I gave it a shot. What I found was a young adult fantasy (or perhaps science fantasy since it is based on some seriously shaky science that doesn’t seem to have any basis in the real world) that has many of the failings that I typically find in the genre.

For one thing, the characterization left a bit to be desired. The characters were fairly ste
Amanda Baker
So, I thought this book kind of lost its way from the first one. Things just kept going along, but it didn't seem to have a path. Will, Aj, Elice, Nick and Brook are learning their powers and learning how to defeat the TKOC.
Will battles the distress of the previous months while trying to grow stronger in learning his powers and information to defeat those who would hurt him and those he loves. He also learns who to trust and who is untrustworthy. (view spoiler)
Ida (IG: PleaseJustLetMeRead)
A wonderful, fast-paced series with loads and loads of action.
Though Mark Frost seems to either have misunderstood how teenage romance works or simply is unable to write it, the language still somehow hits the target group spot on.
A fast and easy read if you're stuck and don't know what else to read.
Rick Stuckwisch
Jun 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If anything, the second book exceeded the first. Really gripping story line. Rather intricate, but the author is managing to keep all the plates spinning without dropping anything. Anxious for the finale.
Long Live Wonderland
Nov 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 5-stars
Loved it! I don't usually laugh during books, but this one killed me in the best was possible. The best thing about Alliance is the characters; Nick and Ajay are defiantly the best. Will, the main character, is awesome and relatable. Overall, this book is a GREAT continuation of the series. ...more
Alfablock2137
Jun 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesome book.
Jenny
Nov 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent story. Quickly moving forward toward what would appear to be an excellent conclusion. I actually laughed out loud at Nick and Ajay several times. What incredibly perfect characters.
Celia Buell
Warning: this review may contain spoilers for The Paladin Prophecy, although not for Alliance.

I'm serious when I say I'm still absolutely in love with everything in this series, even after the second time I'm reading it. Maybe even more so.

Mark Frost shows how phenomenal he is as a writer far more in Alliance than even in The Paladin Prophecy. The second book in the series deals with Will finding out more secrets about the prophecy he and his roommates are part of, culminating in the exploration
Kendall Berg
I left this book feeling so much better about the series and the characters than I left Book 1. If you are a reader like me who after book one wanted to pull out your hair over confusion – READ THIS BOOK! It answers almost every single question I had after book one.

That being said – Mark Frost’s biggest fail as an author:

His romance stories suck. I don’t feel it. I kinda felt Brooke in the very beginning of book one but now him & Brooke & Elise feels so forced. He’s just like standing there and
ammaarah
It's a bummer that my 2020 reading year started off like this...

Alliance answers a lot of questions and there are plenty of plot twists, but none of them surprised me. I was bored while reading and I even skimmed certain parts. I don't know if my lack of interest was because I'm in a reading slump. I also couldn't take the monsters, villains, fantasy and sci-fi aspects seriously

The main characters who sometimes veered into stereotypical territory in The Paladin Prophecy are straight-up st
Annette (booknerderie)
*I'm certain no one will read this but on the off chance that you do, I apologize for the lack of reviews. My grandfather passed a couple weeks ago, so I've been traveling like a crazy person. Also, I have been binge reading the Kate Daniels series and have 2 more books to complete before I do a group review. Just wanted to 'splain myself.*

So, I could have sworn that I reviewed The Paladin Prophecy, but upon further investigations it seems that I did not. The long and short of it: The Paladin Pr
Jayme
Mar 22, 2015 rated it really liked it
★★★★ FOUR OUT OF FIVE STARS !!!!

Alliance is the second installment of the Paladian Prophecy trilogy. Less suspenseful than the first, a bit more predictable, but overall a good 2nd book. Will and his squad continue to unlock the mystery behind the Black Caps, the Center, and the Paladian Prophecy. The twists in this book will get you so excitied for what comes next and will leave you wanting the third (and last) book now.

Defiently not a disappointment and wort continuing the trilogy. The third b
yueyang
Oct 23, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Will is now living at the center with his friends, until Ajay finds a photo that will lead to a secret town and horrors he has never seen before. He will be shocked by a secret he will see and be utterly destroyed.
Alliance is a wonderful book but a bit shocking in the end. I will not spoil the book because it is good and I don't want to be a spoiler.
Szilvamag
Dec 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Joseph
As good, or even better than the first one. The only bad point was at the beginning when it recounted some of the stuff that happened in the first book.
Eline
Jan 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Surprising identity of Mr. Eliott....
Micah
Review also posted at Paladin Prophecy Forums! Join Below:

Sequels have a hard job...in one case, they have to continue the epic feel of the first books in the series while creating their own mark and identity...and in the even harder case, if the first book was weak, the sequel has to double duty work to make up for its shortcomings.

This is the case when a sequel is GOOD but it is not as Great as its predecessor and as a fan of the series, I was a bit dis
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
Alliance (Paladin Prophecy book 2) discussion 1 15 Jan 11, 2014 12:04PM
Really Want to Know... 2 17 Jan 11, 2014 11:55AM
Books 2 10 Jan 11, 2014 11:36AM
THe Paladin Prophecy Fan Forum 1 9 Jan 06, 2014 09:03PM
Book Giveaway- Win Alliance! 1 3 Dec 30, 2013 09:55AM
Waiting time ... 2 21 Jun 04, 2013 10:50AM

• The Battlemage (Summoner, #3)
  • The Inquisition (Summoner, #2)
  • The Awakening (The New Heroes/Quantum Prophecy, #1)
  • The Novice (Summoner, #1)
  • The Cloak Society (The Cloak Society, #1)
  • The Secret War (Jack Blank Adventure, #2)
  • The Accidental Hero (Jack Blank Adventure, #1)
  • The Colossus Rises (Seven Wonders, #1)
  • The Captive Kingdom (Ascendance, #4)
  • The Fate of Ten
  • The Zodiac Legacy: Balance of Power (Zodiac Legacy, #3)
  • The Warrior Heir (The Heir Chronicles, #1)
  • He Who Fights with Monsters
  • The Shadow Throne (Ascendance, #3)
  • Brandon Mull's Beyonders Trilogy: A World Without Heroes; Seeds of Rebellion; Chasing the Prophecy
  • Charlie Bone and the Shadow (The Children of the Red King, #7)
  • Nova Terra: Kingbreaker (The Titan, #3)
  • Dream Magic (Shadow Magic, #2)

The Paladin Prophecy (3 books)
  • The Paladin Prophecy (The Paladin Prophecy, #1)
  • Rogue (The Paladin Prophecy, #3)

News & Interviews

“Hate wears you down and doesn’t hurt your enemy. It’s like taking poison and hoping your enemy will die.” 8 likes
“#24 YOU CAN'T CHANGE ANYTHING IF YOU CAN'T CHANGE YOUR MIND.” 2 likes