Start by marking “Four of a Kind” as Want to Read:
Four of a Kind

Four of a Kind

Four stories. One romance.

Blake and Leah have been friends for years, but Leah wants to get physical.

Preston just wants a peaceful life, while Blake rolls in and turns his world upside down.

Leah can't stand her new coworker Conrad. But she also can't keep her hands off of him.

Conrad meets the woman of his dreams...and her two boyfriends.

Poly romance. M/M, M/F, MMF and
Published April 13th 2013 by Forbidden Lust

To ask other readers questions about Four of a Kind, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Four of a Kind

Start your review of Four of a Kind
Exina
“People are far more complicated than they seem.”

The story consists of four different narratives, told by each character’s point of view, in first person. It is as if you are sitting with them, and listening to them telling about the beginning of their relationship years after the events took place.

The story
Leah and Blake are best friends from second grade. After a bad date, Leah makes a move on Blake, and they establish an open relationship.
Later Blake meets Preston, and they feel a very
↜ƈɦǟռ☂ɛℓℓɛ↝
Aug 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: yes
Four of a Kind by Kayci Morgan

I was given this R2R in exchange for an honest review.

This is four erotica shorts, that flow together as one. F/M, M/M, F/M/M, F/M/M/M

Well this was completely unexpected, but gladly welcomed. It all starts with a girl's horrible date and rumors about her bi best friend. Could he ever be happy with just a girl, or would he get bored? Better make it an open relationship, and jealousy will be handled when we get there.
They all come from very different backgrounds.
Tammy
May 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Fast-paced read with loads of steam and plenty of drama. Note this read contains MF, MM, MMF and MMFM pairing. Black, Preston, Leah and Conrad all end up falling for each other of time. I loved it, just wish it was longer.
Char Davis
May 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Blake and Leah have been friends since elementary school.When Leah comes back from another terrible date she's laying with her head on Blake's lap when she starts touching him he asks what she's doing she says seeing if all the stories iv e heard are true.That you are great in bed.After they have sex she says yes it true.Then they fall asleep in each others arms.Usually Blake can;t wait to get away from the person he has sex with .When Leah wakes up she says I know how you feel he gets up an ...more
Megan Riverina Romantics
Rating: .5
Heat Rating:
Narrator Performance: .5

Four of a Kind is an Erotic Romance short story involving three guys, Blake, Preston and Conrad and a woman named Leah. The story follows these people through the years and tells the reader how they met and got together. I found the story likable enough but there were numerous things that I feel were screwy or missing so I'm rating Four of a Kind at just below average.

The biggest problem I have with this story is the way it's set up. There are
Jackie Roberts
May 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Leah is a take charge girl. She knows what she wants and what she doesn't. She stands up for what she believes in. She has been friends with Brent since 2nd grade and in college, they take it to more, with freedom.

Blake has been friends with Leah since he was that shy and bashful boy in 2nd grade. They have been there for each other, even when he realized that he was bi. When Leah wants to take it further than just friends, he is all for it. She is perfect for him and she gives him freedom for
Kitt
May 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
This tale is hot and spicy with heartfelt emotion, too. It's a quick read, and some of the time shifts were a bit jarring. For example, in the first scene, two of the MCs are in college, and then they are suddenly graduated with jobs, without any transition. If you ignore the passage of unspecified amounts of time, and just focus on the characters and the story, it's very enjoyable. Even with as short as it is, there is some time for character growth and development. I loved seeing how the ...more
Farrah
May 11, 2019 rated it liked it
Teaser...
It really felt like I was reading an extended blurb or introduction to what had potential to be a very interesting book.
It was short... only 531 locations on my kindle app.
All the characters seemed to have potential but I couldn't really understand what the storyline really was other than each of them all come together. Literally.
I did enjoy Leah's character as feisty as she was...

The price point is too high in my opinion for this short of a read... 2.99 USD on Amazon currently and
Jen
May 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was a short but incredibly sweet read. It all.starta out with Leah and Blake who have been friends since second grade, they take their friendship to more. Of course, it wasnt a smooth transition and Blake brings in Presston. Who fits in easily. But Leah is fighting and competing against Conrad at her work until she finds him in a supply closet. These characters have many layers and they all click with one another. I really enjoyed the story, it was sweet, it was steamy and oh so sexy. It ...more
Roxanne MacKay
Jun 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is a great short story about Leah. She struggles with finding good men to date and keeping relationships. Blake, a lifetime friend, sparks a new development in their relationship. This leads them on a path of intriguing discovery. Their characters are interesting and charismatic. The storyline is colorful, hot and spicy. Such a great read that I would have loved a longer book. Anxious for more.

Anne
May 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
what do you get if you have a Blake, a Leah, a Preston and a Conrad? A dam good read. The chemistry between these four is off the charts, the banter is fun and light that just makes you smile whilst reading. This is a brilliant short read. I really enjoyed the storyline. I cant wait to read more from Kayci Morgan.

HilZie
May 09, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2019, rh-fun, arcs
I don't usually read books that are this short. I find it's hard for any growth or development to occur in less than 60 pages, especially if you don't want it to turn from erotica to smut. This one does a pretty good job of showing a snippet of how each partner comes together to form this love family. There are some steamy scenes, but mostly they are vague. All in all, it wasa fast read

Tracey
May 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a great romance with a bit of a twist!

Well! This one is not what I expected but it is so good. It's your standard romance as it is hard to define since it has the following pairings: MF, MM, MMF, MMFM. It is a quick read and such, I'm really hesitant to give any spoilers for it. It is hot and spicy but it has an emotional draw to it too.

Karen Galloway
Aug 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
An Enjoyable, Entertaining Story

I voluntarily reviewed an arc of this book. I enjoyed this book from Kayci Morgan. “Four of a Kind” has a well written storyline and it pulled me in and kept me engrossed from start to finish. I loved the chemistry between the interesting, engaging characters and also the way they interacted with each other. This is a must read book that I really enjoyed reading
Misty Schott
May 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Story of how they became Four of a Kind.

This was an interesting storyline that tells how Leah, Blake, Preston and Conrad came to be Four of a Kind. It has lots of s*x scenes that are very steamy and quite hot. Not sure but it just felt like there should be more to it, like it's missing a little something. Otherwise it's a good read.

Melanie
May 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is just a quick and fun book. Love Leah. She is just so in your face. Blake, Preston, and Conrad are all so different and the four of them are perfect together. Like Conrad noted an amazing family. Definitely have dry panties on hand for this one.

Kathleen Bradbury (Bulfon)
May 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A captivating read from beginning to end! An exciting storyline that leaves you breathless wanting more! Sexy steam filled chemistry! Emotionally heartfelt, enjoyable and fun! One heck of a twisted, intense rollercoaster ride! An amazing must read!

BusyM3
May 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this read, just wished it was longer. It was a fast paced, steamy hot read. You will not put it down and it will keep you interested till the end. A great story, off the charts chemistry. The characters all fit together well. The took a chance to be together.

Elvira
May 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book was short but it packs a punch. The characters are well developed and engaging and the storyline flowed smoothly.

Mel
May 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it!

It was great to read a book that was an actual story about the characters and their attraction and chemistry with each other and how they enjoy each other's differences. Instead of just the foursome act of sex.
Kathryn
May 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
For a 40 page read, this is a good read that is hot. This has incredibly steamy scenes that are well written. I like that the first person multiple POVs.

I received an advanced copy of this book and am voluntarily leaving a honest, unbiased review.
Vivian Chrisman
May 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Finding their own "family"...

This was a nice short story about how Leah, Blake, Preston and Conrad found their "family". True it's a very unconventional family but it works for the four characters.

tammy rufo
May 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
a sexy reverse harem read. lots of sexy times, alpha men and sassy female! enjoyed this book, well written, would def recommend.
JOAN
Nov 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
3 1/5 stars.
Diana
May 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is excellent and there is nothing to complaint! You can't get tired reading anything written by this author!!!
Sarah Russell
Great concept. Needs more

Book had great characters having amazing sex. It just went by too quickly. Add another hundred pages or so to be perfect
Hazel
May 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a quick story telling the story of four individuals who come together and form a relationship

I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily leaving a review._
Dianna
Mar 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Hot

This book may have been short but it was good. Four people who took a chance to be with each other.
D.C.
May 01, 2013 rated it liked it
Short and a little fragmented. Good character development, not nearly enough plot.
Free Romance Book...: Poly Romance - Free May 1st and 2nd 1 20 May 01, 2013 10:43AM

• The Naughty List
  • Huge X4 (Huge, #4)
  • Savage Daddies
  • His
  • Just This Once (Just Us Book 1)
  • The Boys Next Door
  • Distinguished Daddy (Once Upon a Daddy, #3)
  • Two Become Three
  • Brother's Fireman Friend (A Man Who Knows What He Wants, #106)
  • Halloween With Dad's Best Friend (A Man Who Knows What He Wants, #114)
  • Possessive Rider (A Man Who Knows What He Wants, #116)
  • Daddy's Two Best Friends: A Billionaire Ménage Romance
  • Possessing His Dancing Queen (A Man Who Knows What He Wants, #112)
  • Possessive Undercover Cop (A Man Who Knows What He Wants, #118)
  • Double Teamed and Stretched!
  • Brother's Cop Friend (A Man Who Knows What He Wants, #113)
  • Reigning (To Tame a Shifter, #5)
  • Crossing the Line