Start by marking “Greed (The Seven Deadly, #2)” as Want to Read:
Greed (The Seven Deadly, #2)

Greed

(The Seven Deadly #2)

Gather ‘round, love, because I want you. I want what you have, I want what you don’t have, I want more of what I already have. I want. But if you so much as ask for something in return, go ahead and walk away. Know if you want to play in my world, it’s every man for themselves and the weak become mine. Leeches will be obliterated because I make it my job to destroy them. I ...more
Published October 29th 2013 by Fisher Amelie (first published October 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Greed, please sign up.
Kassidy This is a different story told by a different character who was in Vain. The only connection the books have is that, Spencer, the main character in th…moreThis is a different story told by a different character who was in Vain. The only connection the books have is that, Spencer, the main character in this novel cared for Sophie.(less)

Start your review of Greed (The Seven Deadly, #2)
Jacqueline's Reads
10 FUN FACTS ABOUT FISHER AMELIE HERE

6 Greedy Stars
(Spoiler Free)

If I could give Greed a million stars, I would. If you asked me what a top favorite book of mine is, I would say Greed. If someone asked me if I had any issues with this book, I would say none. Do I love the Hero? Yes. Do I love the Cover? Yes. Do I love the story? Yes. Do I love the author? Yes.

You get the point.

I loved Greed and you will too. Cocky I know, but it’s the truth.

You will have to read Vain prior to reading Greed,
*J* Too Many Books Too Little Time
2--What the Duck Happened to Spencer--Stars!!!

Let me start by saying that I LOVED Vain, LOVED it. Went right on my favorites shelf. I LOVED Spencer in Vain--but this wasn't the same Spencer. Needless to say I am a Fisher Amelie fan...BUT this one DID.NOT.WORK.FOR.ME.

Maybe

But

90% of the book

It was cow after cow, birthing, cleaning, shoveling shit....

I'm

This was one big fat cheeseburger casserole with some extra Cheez Whiz on top just for good measure. I mean damn!!!

"I suffer for you," she bar
May 06, 2013 rated it it was ok
2 I-DIDN’T-MIND-THE-COWS STARS

DISCLAIMER: This review has nothing to do with the cows nor were cows harmed during this review.

This is what bothered me:

1. Spencer.

More Grit. Less Fluff. He was such a badass in Vain. He fell in love too fast. I just didn’t believe it. I usually don’t mind insta-love, but I thought it was a little too “insta.” I was also hoping for more snarky dialogue from Spencer. He was way too sweet.

I even tried to adjust my pre-existing view of him from Vain, but there was sti
Kristin (KC) - Traveling Sister
Putting this on hold to possibly finish at a later date. I'll refrain from rating, but will briefly explain my reasoning:

I loved Vain like a psycho. But Greed is not what I expected. The synopsis captivated me; it's one of the most powerful blurbs I've ever read. Spencer is portrayed in a certain light that I didn't feel was delivered. If his greed consumes him, I want to feel that down to my bones — and I never did. He immediately displayed so much regret during his actions that his character
Aestas Book Blog
Aug 08, 2013 rated it really liked it

Greed is the second book in the Seven Deadly series. Each book in the series focuses on one sin: Vain, Greed, Fury, Lust, Idle, Binge, and Envy and with them Fisher Amelie has created unique stories that stand out with wonderful messages and beautiful journeys.

From the beginning of Greed, we are faced with the extreme lengths to which Spencer Blackwell is willing to go for money, greed, and personal gain as he carries out the dirty work behind his father's business. The interesting twist though
Alyssa
Apr 17, 2013 rated it it was ok
2.5 stars :\

For those who miss Sophie & Ian as much as I do, here's a teaser:

The one fallback of Fisher Amelies' Seven Deadly Sins series is that her synopses are never really enough to tell you what this story is ACTUALLY about. Whereas Sophie Price is vain, Spenser Blackwell is greed. You might remember him as one of Sophie's only true friends from back home, who was a bit like the male version of Sophie. Spenser constantly lives in fear of becoming his
Catarina
4 Greedy Stars.

description

Spencer knows money. Is what he does best and what we wants more. Money is his life and he knows nothing more than being a rich, greedy bastard.
But eventually that greed leaves in a bad place with himself.

description

Enters Cricket. A good sweet girl that will show Spencer that there’s more to life than money.
That they are more important values and more important things in life than money. That life can be measured in moments and feelings… and not only in material things.
And when Cricke
Jennifer Kyle
DNF @ 50%

description

I loved Vain and this author’s writing. For several reasons, this book didn’t hold my attention and when you start skimming at 50 percent it’s time to re-evaluate.

Just one too many cow scenes…
description

I also found Spencer’s dialogue and thoughts were down right cheesy.

"If you took everything I'd ever found hot, beautiful in a girl and piled them into a corner, you'd get Cricket Hunt...standing in a corner."

description

"You dazzle me, I told her."

The ranch, Pop Pop and Ellie, city boy (green horn)
Elizabeth
Apr 18, 2013 marked it as to-read
fangirling photo: fangirling fangirling_zpsbfca6022.gif

There isn't even a synopsis, but I am so happy!!

fangirling photo: 4 fangirling.gif

Vain (The Seven Deadly #1) by Fisher Amelie is one of my favorite books ever!
Patrycja

DNF at 35%

I read a little bit more than 35%, but the last 15% doesn’t count, because I was skipping pages as well as was being totally out of this story.

image

This terrible pain in my chest is agonizing. I’m heartbroken. I wanted to love Greed so much. I was anticipating it, cherishing the thought of it, preparing myslef to be blown away by the utter honesty of Amelie Fisher and her incredible storytelling. Unfortunately it didn’t happen. Greed didn’t mesmerize me, captivate me or take me on a ple
Michelle
~2.5 star
greed2

Let me first off say, I loved Vain and Spencer's character in the first book so I was looking forward to reading Greed. So, I was very disappointed in the book. This book was titled Greed but I really didn't feel Spencer was truly consumed with greed. Yes, he was remorseful for his actions but I wasn't truly sold on the idea that he was greedy. I wanted to see more of Spencer's bad side where we could see the gradual transformation and redemption of his sins. As for his relationsh
Beth
Aug 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kick-ass-ya
5 Click Stars

I received an ARC from the author for an honest review.

This is the second in The Seven Deadly Sins series. You do not have to read the first one to enjoy this book. But you want to. You really, really want to.

Click The sound of a camera, a cocking gun, something falling into place just right. Yep. Click can be so many things. And Fisher Amelie clicks with Greed. The love is obvious. The love Spencer has for his sister. The love that grows between the characters. The growth of the c
Shannon The Show Stopper
May 27, 2013 rated it really liked it
3.5 Stars

I really liked this book up until about the last 15% and then it just felt rushed. I remember thinking the same thing about Vain but it wasn't enough to affect my rating; it was with this one.

I like to sometimes go into books blind so I won't read the blurb. However since the blurb from Vain gave very little of the book away, I decided I'd read the blurb for this one too. Well, it had me nervous. It didn't sound anything like the Spencer we met in Vain, who for the most part was the go
Kirsty
May 31, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-in-2013
It's so hard to write a review when you neither loved nor hated the book. Greed was just an okay read to me. It had it's great moments, but it also had it's boring moments. It had some great characters, but as well as that it had some bloody awful characters. Unfortunately, those not so great ones were the main characters.
"The running mantra is "I want, I want, I want" but that quickly turns to "I need, I need, I need."

I do not know what has happened to Spencer in between Vain and Gr
Paula
Apr 26, 2013 rated it really liked it

The Greed was more powerful than the will to do right.

Spencer Blackwell is unable to escape his father, who is a greedy monster that tries to run his life. He’s made Spencer into his own personal lackey, doing his dirty work by manipulating and blackmailing clients who don’t play well with his father. His father also bullies and manipulates his family and if they don’t abide by his rules, they pay. And Spencer has been paying for years just by being his son. Spencer has formed this mentalit
A. Bookzilla.
Jun 18, 2013 marked it as dnf-ed
DNF-ed exactly halfway through.

So, I may have said at one point that if Fisher Amelie wrote about ducks swimming in a pond, I'd read it and love it and tell everyone they had to read it.

It's not ducks, but Greed is a book I couldn't read until the end (and I've been trying to, for days), and I wouldn't recommend, especially if you thought Vain was good. Just leave it at that.

This is the first time I'm compelled to use one of those .gifs in my review. Spencer was making me lactose-intolerant, tha
JAIME
I like this author. Her writing isn't perfect, but I enjoy her stories and they way they are told. I don't even mind that they are a bit too sweet. And remember, my feelings are basically that of a dead person.

This story probably got me even more because it touches on adolescent and early adult illness. My best friend died when we were 21 from an illness that should have been treatable, that was diagnosed early, but that they universe ensured that we lost her anyways. Pretty deep for a Wednesda
Chris- Bookaddict
Apr 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Full review to come during Tour BUT I will say this

That's right totally AWESOME READ !!!! If you loved Vain your going to love GREED !!!!!!

OMG OMG got my ARC !!!!!

Ash Wednesday
Apr 18, 2013 marked it as to-read
SERIOUSLY?!

I'm boarding this train but for the rest? O.o

I'm not sure people will gravitate towards a book entitled GLUTTONY.

Or SLOTH for that matter (though that would be interesting to see, I admit)
Kelli C
Oct 29, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: on-the-kindle
Im not 100% sure about this. I got sucked in by the cover, that is a fact, lol! I really liked Vain and was quite a fan of Spencer in that book. That being said, I think maybe too much was happening to wrap my head around.

Spencer returns home from college on break, and you get a real glimpse into his dysfunctional family. His relationship with his father is more like a blackmail/user fest than any sign of paternal connection. Spencer's dad is a complete ass, getting his monetary gain from others
Jamie ♡♡ submits to books ♡♡
DNF @ 41%
Sigh......this saddens me. I loved Vain so so so much. My hopes were so high because Spencer was great in book 1.

This book started off great....Greed was apparent....dramatic home life....standing up for his sister...this book was sucking me in....then it stopped.

I was bored out of my mind after 15%. I started skimming and that is a really bad sign for me.

Spencer, sexy, rich, hot shot says "gosh darn". WHAT???? That was it for me.

Ugh.....I tried...I really did....just saddens me. :(
[~Ami~]♥Sexy Dexy♥
Aug 02, 2013 marked it as did-not-finish
I thought this book started off alright but as soon as Spencer arrived at the ranch and met Cricket, my interest dipped. I feel like I've read some better ranch type books and by halfway I just wasn't convinced of the main couple's connection with each other. The last straw was when I had to read another 'click' *confused face*
Fafiliebe ♥ Warner ♥ Raffe ♥

Sooo cute and emotional, i actually cried..
Spencer.. swoonsss.. i love him .. cute adorable sweet spencer..

OMGGGG .. WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

A clean read guys.. :) it was cleaner than vain, i skipped more in vain.. i think this can go as a mature YA, but since spencer is 22 years old, then it would be categorized as NA.

SPOILERS, SPOILERS.. SPOILERS EVERYWHERE !!

Soo.. this book is good
The romance is so sweet, Fisher Amelie is Brilliant..

Sooo about the book.. it was beautifully written, funny and ent
Michelle
May 27, 2013 rated it really liked it
3.8 Stars... a slight bump up for emotional havoc.

Spencer's weakness is his desire for money. It's what sucks him in, what makes him do deplorable things; it's why he can't say no to his father. But Spencer has to make a choice. Follow his father's orders or save his sister.

When Spencer and his sister find themselves on a ranch in Montana, their life of luxury and excess no longer exists. And when Spencer's eyes land on Cricket, his life is about to change. A chance to protect his sister and es
Nyara (=^_^=)
Aug 25, 2013 marked it as to-read
Shelves: male-pov, contempo
First this:

vain

Now, this:

greed

Can't wait for the rest!!

the seven deadly

They should keep up the vertical center because the background makes up for the "empty" side spaces making the overall look striking and something that catches attention.

I loved the first book because of its nontraditional lead character and I'm expecting the rest of the series to have similar leads :D
The Devil's Advocate
Sep 05, 2013 marked it as to-read
Shelves: october-2013
Ah Shit, HAVE YOU SEEN THE COVER?

HAVE YOU SEEN THE FAN-FUCKING-FREAKING-TASTIC DROOLWORTHY COVER?

Hello, Mr. HOTTIE!

Whoever told you that NO ONE wants you around is INSANE!

One look at your abs sealed the DEAL.

I'm so reading YOUR book.

*FANGIRLING*
Lisa
*ARC Given to Blog for Honest Review*

5+++++ ‘Click.’ Kisses

OMG…O.M.G. OOOOMG …really? Did I really just read that book? Because I’m pretty sure that book just destroyed me. Sucked me in, took me for the freakin joy ride of my life, spun me around and then spat me out leaving me as I am now…dazed and confused and so freaking happy I can’t even handle myself. Which is saying a lot considering I cried about 42 times, had my heart practically ripped out of my body and physically screamed out o
Katerina
May 30, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I won't be continuing this series.

I had serious issues with it, and I could actually feel myself getting triggered.

The premise of this series is to be introduced to a protagonist with one of the seven deadly sins, and they go through a "hamartia" of sorts and become likeable and change with the introduction of their love interest.

To begin with, "Greed" is a completely misleading title. Some alternatives: "Unfulfilled", "Coward", or best yet, "Sheep."

Feelings towards the plot?

Lacking. I didn't
Deniz
Feb 14, 2014 rated it liked it
Recommended to Deniz by: Melissa
Book of the Week 7

February 15/16

Review:

For the third time this week, I find myself unsure of how to rate a book. Sadly Greed isn't a 4,5Star book and I am pondering if I should round up or down like the other two were.

Now you probably think, well she was not sure about Vain as well. And you would be right.
Then you would probably think, so why read Greed. Well, I had to- might not be the answer you looking for? But it's true. Just let me say this while we at it, I will be reading Fury as well.
I k
Anupama CN
Apr 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Greed!!
Dude! Totally worth the wait!!
TOTALLY.WORTH.IT!!!
N I can not even tell you how i had waited for this one to release. Man!

Greed was wonderful. Simply wonderful.
Again, like all of Amelia’s books, this can not be classified as romance, or YA or a NA or a coming of age novel.
This was a love story. Honest to God love story and it was beautiful
The moment you realize you are in love is a moment of such inexplicable clusterfuck of emotions, I dunno how she manages to capture it bang on, every t

• Preston's Honor
  • Wicked Restless (Harper Boys, #2)
  • The Deadly Houses
  • Becoming Calder
  • Collared
  • Sins & Needles (The Artists Trilogy, #1)
  • Torn Hearts (Hearts, #1.5)
  • Exploited (Kate Lange #4)
  • All the Lies (Lies & Truths Duet, #1)
  • All the Truths (Lies & Truths Duet, #2)
  • The Fall Up (The Fall Up, #1)
  • Finding Eden
  • If Forever Comes (Regret, #2)
  • Tattooed (Kate Lange #3)
  • Shortcake
  • Going Under
  • Mr. Darcy's Kiss
  • This is Falling (Falling, #1)
Fisher Amelie resides in the South with her kick ace husband slash soul mate. She earned her first 'mama' patch in 2009. She also lives with her Weim, 'Jonah', and her Beta, 'Whale'. All these living creatures keep the belly of her life full, sometimes to the point of gluttony, but she doesn't mind all that much because life isn't worth living if it isn't entertaining, right?

Fisher grew up writing

The Seven Deadly (7 books)
  • Vain (The Seven Deadly, #1)
  • Fury (The Seven Deadly, #3)
  • Idle (The Seven Deadly, #4)
  • Lust (The Seven Deadly, #5)
  • Binge (The Seven Deadly, #6)
  • Envy (The Seven Deadly, #7)

News & Interviews

“Sorry,” I said, realizing I was taking my frustrations out on her. “I’m still getting over Soph,” I said, referring to my old prep school friend.
Sophie Price was the most beautiful girl you’d ever met. Seriously. Take it from someone who’s met Bar Refaeli in person. Soph was even more stunning. Especially since she’d had a personality makeover. I’d never regret anything as much as I would not making her fall in love with me.
“You can’t make anyone fall, Spence. Either they do or they don’t.”
“I said that out loud?”
“Duh and it’s been two years, Spencer. You seriously need to get over her. She’s with that Ian guy anyway, right?”
“Right.”
“That hot South African guy named Ian,” she concluded.
“Thanks.”
“That hot saffy named Ian who gives his life to mutilated Ugandan orphans and worships the ground Sophie walks on.”
I stopped and glared at her. “That’ll do, Bridge.”
28 likes
“We're all so afraid of what everyone around us thinks that we risk ourselves to desperation. It's utterly stupid. It's utterly frightening. But it's utterly human.” 25 likes