Start by marking “Descent (Hidden Wings, #0.5)” as Want to Read:
Descent (Hidden Wings, #0.5)

Descent

(Hidden Wings 0.5)

In the beginning… the start of it all.

Deceit.

Betrayal.

The Fall.

Take a journey back in time, to a place where Emma’s lineage begins, and where answers lie in unraveling secrets of the past. This is a story of forbidden love, an unbreakable bond, and the start of a dark adventure that will fill your heart with many emotions.
Published May 15th 2013 by Crushing Hearts and Black Butterfly Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Descent, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Descent

Start your review of Descent (Hidden Wings, #0.5)
Ben Alderson
Sep 07, 2015 rated it really liked it
Loved reading the history of Emma's birth parents! Samuel and A are really interesting characters and this is the perfect book to read before or after book one, Hidden Wings!
LOVED LOVED LOVED the origin story!
Kendall {Book Crazy}
May 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
"How could you deny someone love, when that love is so real, so pure, and so absolute. I had found my soul mate. The one I wanted to spend the rest of my existence with, no matter what the cost."

OMG! This novella is one of the best novella's that I have ever read! I loved Hidden Wings and I was really looking forward to reading the next book in the series until I found out that this novella was coming out and then I knew that I had to read this as soon as possible! I found it odd as this novella
Sara Nelson
Apr 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
O...M...G..!!! I am so grateful I got a chance to read an ARC copy for a review!!! Thank you so much!! I am so happy that the author decided to write this Novella! Ever since I read Hidden Wings, I had so many questions about how it all started. Well I now know :) I love how it is written in different POV's. I have a feeling this book will be off the charts!! It is that AWESOME! Learning where Alaine came from, and her life with Samuel. Then how Emma was born was the best. It gives that extra ...more
Crystal
May 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this novella! Beautifully written and never a dull moment, Cameo keeps you on your toes and gives insight to Emma's existence and finishes right up to where Hidden Wings begins.

Cameo is such an amazing writer and I can not wait to read more from her.

Kudos to you on such an amazing series!
Bianca
Apr 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I was provided with an ARC of this book in exchange to an honest review. Thank you, Cameo!
General Opinion: Let me start this review by saying that Cameo is one of my favorite author EVER! I love every single book that she wrote, including “Decent”. Whenever she’s publishes a new book I’m jumping in my bed like a small child.
Though I knew that ‘Descent’ is a novella, I was so sad when I finished so fast and I wanted it to be longer! I loved everything about this short book and it made me crave
Aimz
Apr 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
[image error]

This is the beginning. Answers some of the questions from Hidden Wings. I love this series so far. I have been looking forward to this small excursion into the past. I enjoyed it very much. I can't really get too into the review without spoiling it all for you. If you haven't read Hidden Wings then it doesn't really matter. This is the second book but it is the story of how it all came to be.

I was so sad for all of them. Love shouldn't have laws. Love is love.

How could you
Wulfwyn
May 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: owned, favorites
This series is one of the best series I can, (and do), recommend to parents for their teens. I love that this series can be read and enjoyed by both the parent and child. There are not a lot of series that can do that (Off the top of my head, Harry Potter is probably the only other series I constantly recommend as a family read). Yes I do believe Cameo Renae is that good. Descent is a novella in the Hidden Wings series. It is an Angel Series. Hidden Wings is the first book in the series but ...more
Kimberly
Cameo Renae is one of my new favorite authors! Hidden Wings was an incredible read but Descent takes it to a whole new level of awesome!!

Descent is the novella that starts the Hidden Wings series. It starts with Lucifer leading many of the angels through the fall, their exit from heaven. It gives the background about Alaine's real mom and the people who raise her, Samuel's fall from grace to finding Alaine, their love and birth of Emma right up to the point that Alaine meets Emma in Alaska.

What
Heather andrews
May 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I was so happy to read this book because one, I love this series, and two it's a great background novella on some of the characters, like Jane and Stephen (Emma's Grandma and Grandpa) and Samuel and Alaine (Emma's real parents.) The book is told in different points of views so we don't miss nothing. Who knew that Angels were so romantic, "yesterday, I was your lover. Today, I am your savior," he said with a sad sort of grin. "I'm sorry I've put you in so much danger. I didn't mean for this to ...more
D.
May 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Let me start out by saying this Novella was written perfectly. I love how this book answers all the how's and why's from Hidden Wings (which was one of my favorite books) The author has given us so much back ground, we learn about the grandparents, and the parents also letting us learn how Emma came to be.

Oh and did I forget to mention revealing secrets. Which I will not spill, because you definitely need to read the books. The great thing is, this book in my view can be read before or after
Katie
Apr 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Wow...Another awesome story!! Cameo Renae has done it again. Once I started this book I could not put it down. I am glad we got to know more about Emma's family. When I first met Alaine I wasn't to sure about her and why she left Emma when she Emma was little and know i understand why. We get to know more about Alaine and Samuel in this story. This Book is a must read, to know and understand more about Alaine and Samuel's love life and about Emma. I could go on about this amazing story but I do ...more
Kay♡
Oct 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
i completed this, start to finish, in about an hour and a half. it was kind of slow for me in the beginning, however once i got into it again (realizing it was a novella technically before the first book) i absolutely loved it. i learned that kade is a guardian angel (which made me happy because i had been wondering). i definitely am content with the fact that i read this book immediately proceeding the first instead of waiting. another well written short book by cameo.
Karla Bostic
May 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Another great world created by Cameo Renae. I love her writting style, it always flows so perfectly. Before you realize it you have read a hundred pages. Her characters are so well written and amazing. I care about them and cry when there is sadness in their lives. She is one of my all time favorites. Check out her other books Hidden wings, and In My Dreams.
Jamie Turner-norton
May 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing
If you've already read Hidden Wings #1 then Descent will give you an awesome back ground and let you in on the past before Emma's story started.. and if you haven't read it yet you wont really get confused at all. well i didn't...
Melissa Stickney
Jun 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing
When we first met Alaine in Hidden Wings not much was known about her past. She believed her beloved Samuel to be dead and the daughter she had to give away to protect has now reentered her life. Not much is known about her and Samuel though. Alaine is careful to keep her past close to her, that is until now.

Descent is the story of Samuel, Alaine, and their fobidden love. A love so forbidden that the punishment for such love is death. You learn how their love came to be. The struggles that they
Amber
May 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ebook, review
Another beautifully written story by Cameo Renae. This one didn't make me cry like the others did, however, I was still captivated straight from the start. Descent gave us more understanding of the world Cameo has Created with Hidden Wings and Broken Wings. We learn more about the beginning from not just the Fallen and the Darklings but about the Nephilim as well. We also get to see different sides from characters we don't learn too much about in Hidden Wings. I loved that we got to see how it ...more
Alex Reads
May 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Before I review Descent, I need to say that Hidden Wings, the book that Descent is based on, was far more than expected, and that you should really read it before reading Descent. Descent is a back story from Hidden Wings, and let me tell you, it's a good one. It is a beautiful love story between Alaine and Samuel. I loved their connection! The book itself also explains tons of stuff from Hidden Wings. It's such an informative and eventful book! Especially for the series! I am glad that Cameo ...more
Tammy Hall
Jun 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This novella is the perfect fit in this series. I had so many questions after reading Hidden Wings that I hoped would be answered. Then it was as if Cameo Renae heard my request and Descent was dropped in my lap. I was supper excited and couldn't wait to finally have all my questions answered.
I devoured Descent like chocolate. I am in love with this series. Cameo Renae may have left me with questions needing answered but, Descent answered all of them beautifully by taking me back in time. I
Melanie
I feel a little bad putting these books on my 2013 Book Challenge, because they are so short! Only 100+ pages. This story was just filling you in on the background of the main characters parents. Yet, the way it was set up was kind of weird and unprofessional. Perhaps just because shes not a big author yet, but it still was kind of funky to read. I didn't dislike this book, but I could have gone without reading it and been just fine.
Kristin Scearce
Apr 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Disclaimer: I received an e-copy in exchange for an honest review.

This is SUCH a great way to fill in the blanks and background story for Samuel and Alaine. Theirs is a tragic story, full of pain and heartache, but also love and happiness, and you can feel it all through Cameo's words. She's such a wonderful writer, and I look forward to more of these novellas for some of the other characters (perhaps the Guardians? *wink wink*). Great addition to the series!!

5 stars =)
Conny
May 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5-star-books
Descent (Hidden Wings 0.5) by Cameo Renae

I'm speechless, really I am.
I do not have words to describe what I'm feeling when I read Cameo's books.

Goosebumps after Goosebumps, tears in my eyes,
this is what every woman want to read believe me IT IS !!!
I know because I am a REAL woman !!!

I want to give a BIG review, but I simply don't know what else to say, than:

THANK YOU Cameo for such a wonderful read, I bow for you.

xx Conny
Jennifer Treviño
So Sooooo So Good!!!
I will admit that I was already in love with this series & these characters from reading Hidden Wings (book 1), but after reading Descent I am even more addicted!!! I truly admire the tales Cameo weaves! I laughed, I cried, I jumped for joy...repeat, repeat, repeat!!! Her characters always surprise me, constantly uncovering new layers after we think we know them so well.
I can't wait to read Broken Wings!!!
Marie
Shelves: favorites
I love to know some background/history on the characters of the books I read & Descent did just that! I love how at different parts it is told in different points of view! This novella was wrote beautifully & I love how you can read this before Hidden Wings & the reader won't be lost! I love your books Cameo & can't wait for the next in this series!!
L.L. Hunter
May 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
After falling in love with Hidden Wings and waiting for Broken Wings, i was thrilled to hear Cameo would be releasing a novella. This novella is set prior to events in Hidden Wings and details what happened to Emma's parents before they met and how they came to be. It was so brilliantly written. All fans of Cameo Renae need to get Descent and Hidden Wings!
Di
Feb 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
Really enjoyed this prequel story about Emma's parents and grandparents. I wish I read this before Hidden Wings because I wouldn't have spent so much time wondering about certain things. Unfortunately Amazon has this listed as number 1.5, so I thought it was a sequel as opposed to a prequel. Still, I enjoyed this as I did Hidden Wings and look forward to reading the next installment.
Julia - The Romance Bibliophile
I loved, loved, loved "Descent!" It was awesome to read from Alaine and Samuel's point of view how the start of their relationship began, and how everything else came to be. I can't tell you how much I love this series, and "Descent" certainly didn't disappoint!
Johanna Schonberger
May 22, 2013 rated it really liked it
Good short story about Emma's birth parents start in life!
Inda
Jul 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Glad I read this. It cleared up a lot of stuff I was a bit fuzzy on.
Tina
May 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Awesome read I really love how this explained the beginning I so can't wait to read next in series. Love this series a lot.
Andrea Martin
Apr 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Fabulous. I love that such a background story is revealed! I need The next book now.
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Saving Angel (Divisa, #1)
  • White Raven (Raven, #1)
  • Black Crow (Raven, #2)
  • Losing Emma (Divisa, #0.5)
  • Guardian (The Guardian #1)
  • Soul Symmetry (Raven, #3)
  • The Angel Trials (Dark World: The Angel Trials #1)
  • Hunting Angel (Divisa, #2)
  • Aurora Sky (Aurora Sky: Vampire Hunter, #1)
  • Wrecked & Restless  (Sacred Sinners MC- Texas Chapter #4)
  • Touching Smoke (Touch, #1)
  • Wait for Me
  • Hopelessly Devoted (Sacred Sinners MC- Texas Chapter #3)
  • Wrecked & Reclaimed (Sacred Sinners MC- Texas Chapter #5)
  • Hopelessly Shattered (Sacred Sinners MC- Texas Chapter #1)
  • Hopeful Whispers: (Sacred Sinners MC - Texas Chapter #2)
  • Inception (The Marked, #1)
  • Invidious (The Marked #2)
Cameo Renae, was born in San Francisco, raised in Maui, Hawaii, and now resides with her husband in Alaska.
She's a daydreamer, and a caffeine and peppermint addict, who loves to laugh and loves to read to escape reality.
One day she hopes to find her own magic wardrobe and ride away on her magical unicorn. Until then...she'll keep writing!

Hidden Wings (5 books)
  • Hidden Wings (Hidden Wings, #1)
  • Broken Wings (Hidden Wings, #2)
  • Tethered Wings (Hidden Wings, #3)
  • Gilded Wings (Hidden Wings, #4)
  • Wings of Vengeance (Hidden Wings, #5)