Start by marking “Dead Little Dolly” as Want to Read:
Dead Little Dolly

Dead Little Dolly

(An Emily Kincaid Mystery #5)

Even the beauty of Northern Michigan can’t put a smile on the face of Emily Kincaid’s perpetually cranky friend Deputy Dolly Wakowski, and when someone tries to destroy the only family Dolly has ever had, her crankiness turns lethal, even as the crime threatens to overwhelm her.

Published 2013 by Beyond the Page Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Dead Little Dolly, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dead Little Dolly

Susan Angela Wallace
May 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Dead Little Dolly by Elizabeth Kane Buzzelli.

Still struggling in her career as a mystery writer, Emily takes a deep breath before stepping in to help. As they launch their search for Dolly’s assailant and the investigatio
Sandy Hall
I received this as an early read from NetGalley. This was quirky, weird and a series I'll happily read more of. :-) For some reason stories set in Michigan always appeal to me and this was no exception. The characters were eclectic without seeming like a joke which made them all the more human. I knew early on that Dolly's mother's story was false and suspected the truth, but still enjoyed reading how everything would play out.
DelAnne Frazee
ASIN: B00CBWMKZ8
Reviewed For NetGalley and The Publisher
Reviewed By: DelAnne
Rating: 4.25 Stars

Although never a bubbly personality Dolly's attitude has become downright surly and is fast approaching Grinch status. Someone has targeted Dolly and
Ann
Dec 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Dolly , a cop .and her friend whose trying to start her writing career are friends. One day when she was at the cemetery, someone whizzed past her car and almost hit the car. Her baby was asleep in the car at the time. So they were trying to find out who and why. She was very protective of her baby. Her mother gave her up when she was born so she never knew her mother. Eventually things kept happening and someone left a note on her car that said like Thou shalt not steal. Still trying to find ou ...more
Sydney
Apr 07, 2019 rated it liked it
For some reason this novel of Emily and Dolly didn't hit with me as the others have. I'll keep going, but would welcome more about Michigan and less of cranky Dolly. (There are some lovely passages about Michigan in this, thought.)
Donna Davis
This is the first title I've read of this engaging cozy mystery series created around Dolly, the local sheriff of a tiny mid-western town. The setting, located in Northwestern Michigan, is original and well conceived; the pacing and transitions are deft and clearly the work of an experienced writer. Best of all are the characterizations, which are colorful and distinctive without being so wildly eccentric as to become caricatures or stereotypes.

I will admit that when it comes to cozy mysteries,
Jen
May 10, 2013 rated it it was ok
Dead Little Dolly is part of a series featuring mystery novelist Emily Kincaid and her friend Deputy Dolly Wakowski.

Book Description: Buzzelli will have you packing your bags for a move to northern Michigan.” —Kirkus Reviews (starred review) Even the beauty of Northern Michigan can’t put a smile on the face of Emily Kincaid’s perpetually cranky friend Deputy Dolly Wakowski, and when someone tries to destroy the only family Dolly has ever had, her crankiness turns lethal, even as the crime threa
Excalibur Snape
Nov 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
I found Dolly really hard to relate to I had no problem with Emily since Emily and I are a lot alike.
You know the expression it takes a villiage to raise a child while in this case it takes a town.
Dolly comes from a really dysfunctional family the father splits, mother has a mental illness and dolly has trust issues.
Some parts of this book is really confusing.
It is fast paced and interesting but I don't think I will read it again but I highly recommend it.
Lavada
Jun 13, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle-done, 2013
This was the first book of the series I have read. I definitely will read more. The book is well written and I loved the characters. I want to learn more about Emily, Dolly, Omar and the others in the town. The northern town sounds wonderful. The mystery of who the villain was kept you guessing!
Helen
Sep 16, 2014 rated it liked it
Ok
I had worked out who the 'wanted person' was before the end of chapter 20
A nice story, not enough for me to really get my teeth into.
Also still not sure who Emily is, there's no description of what she looks like etc...
Enid
May 31, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very good story.

I really enjoyed this story though it didn't have any blood or gore. I took a lot longer to read this than usual just because I've been running around but the story was good enough for me to have usually finished it in about three days.
chelepissbcglobal.net
ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS.

I loved this book. It was easy to read, fast paced and exciting. I absolutely couldn't put it down once I started reading just to see what was going to happen next. I highly recommend this book, you won't be disappointed.
Nancy
May 24, 2013 rated it really liked it
Another good Dead book... (I seem to be reading a lot of books with Dead in the title, most more randomly than Buzzelli)

Enjoyed a leisurely afternoon, snacking on the second northern MI mystery by this author. Liked this one even better than the last. Light,
fast, fun.
Cutty
Aug 02, 2015 rated it liked it
It was great to be back with all of the familiar characters but the plot was too predictable.
Freda Witt
Mar 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
Last one in this series, but hopefully there will be more.
Marjorie Jones
May 27, 2018
Jo
Apr 11, 2019
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Elizabeth Kane Buzzelli (aka Elizabeth Lee) is a Michigan based novelist whose 12th book is due out in 2016. She teaches fiction writing at Northern Michigan College and has written for the NORTHERN EXPRESS, the ROMEO OBSERVER, the DETROIT NEWS, and the RECORD-EAGLE. She is a member of the Author’s Guild, International Association of crime Writers, Sisters in Crime, Mystery Writers’ of America, Mi ...more

An Emily Kincaid Mystery (5 books)
  • Dead Dancing Women