Start by marking “Eversea (Butler Cove, #1)” as Want to Read:
Eversea (Butler Cove, #1)

Eversea

(Butler Cove #1)

4.06  ·  Rating details ·  14,750 ratings  ·  1,481 reviews
Library Journal SELF-e Selection Title 2015

A Hollywood A-list mega-star, on the run from his latest scandal and with everything to lose.

When his co-star and real-life girlfri
Published June 4th 2013 by Natasha Boyd

To ask other readers questions about Eversea, please sign up.
Thoughtless by S.C. StephensLove Unscripted by Tina ReberEffortless by S.C. StephensWhere She Went by Gayle FormanBreathe by Abbi Glines
I'm a Celebrity. Love Me!
893 books — 1,921 voters
Walking Disaster by Jamie McGuireWait for You by J. LynnThe Coincidence of Callie & Kayden by Jessica SorensenNever Too Far by Abbi GlinesLosing It by Cora Carmack
NEW ADULT 2013
1,085 books — 3,646 voters

More lists with this book...

·  14,750 ratings  ·  1,481 reviews

Start your review of Eversea (Butler Cove, #1)
Pearl Angeli
3 Stars

Eversea has a very interesting synopsis and a beautiful cover which are the main reasons why I've been wanting to read it. There was actually so much to love about this book. First is the writing of the author which is undeniably great. Another is Jack Eversea, the hero of this book, who is not only Movie-Star hotness incarnate but a very interesting character.

However, after reading this book, I felt conflicted. I believe it has something to do with the absence of chemistry between the m
Aestas Book Blog
Jun 06, 2013 rated it really liked it

Total escapism! A fun romance between a Hollywood A-list movie star and a feisty small-town girl.

In her small town of nine thousand people, the last person Keri Ann ever expected to meet was Jack Eversea. THE Jack Eversea. But there he was, in person, the world most famous Hollywood mega-star actor sitting in her bar.

Turns out he was escaping his life, so to speak. Between the drama of a bad public break up and the non-stop spotlight on his life, he just needed a break. An escape.

"Suddenly
SueBee★bring me an alpha!★
 photo free neon Gr4 by sb_zpsarbuybaa.gif

FREE on Amazon US today (7/7/2016)

Book 1 of 2.5. Series complete.

BLURB:

When his co-star and real-life girlfriend is caught cheating on him with her new director, A-list hottie, Jack Eversea, finds himse
Elle
Jun 10, 2013 rated it did not like it
Note: For some reason I need to clarify that I got this book from Amazon with my own money.

_____________________________________

First, I must mention that what drove me to read this book was the beauty of the cover. Second, I thought the book was going to be in the same line of The Love Unscripted series, but I was wrong. It’s obvious that the inspiration for this story is somehow a Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson situation, nothing wrong with that, but kind of unoriginal. The main charact
Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
Immature characters, no chemistry, slow moving. If my friend didn't want me to read this I wouldn't have tried to push on.

Read as part of my RT reading challenge, my quest to read new authors before the convention (https://www.rtconvention.com).
Melanie A. *mostly on hiatus*
Warning: this story contains every cliche known to the romance genre, and it was AWESOME!

Despite all the cheesiness, (he's rich and famous, she's a poor waitress; he's beautiful, and so is she, but she doesn't know it; he's a jaded, semi-reformed manwhore, she's an innocent virgin), I loved every single word of it! The writing style was wonderful, full of subtle humor and real emotion that had me laughing and crying in turn. And I absolutely loved Keri Ann, who was quirky, sweet, and completely
Syndi
Aug 06, 2020 rated it liked it
Despite all of the glowing reviews on this book, I found this book OK. Typical NA romance story eith virgin heroine and movie star hero.

The meet cute moment. Then the insta lust and finally the heroine gives herself to the hero. The chemistry is off. I can not feel the connection between Kari Ann and Jack. The wording can be edited much better so their banter does not sound so stiff and cold.

Overall, just OK. Not going into the second book.

3 stars
Jacqueline's Reads
Nov 25, 2014 rated it liked it
3.5 – 4 Famous Jack Stars

Small town girl meets famous mega star guy.

Summary

Jack is a movie star and is known worldwide. He’s dealing with a bumpy hiccup and the best thing for him is to hide out until it blows over. He decides to go to a little town.

Keri Ann lives in this little town. She’s your typical gal, a waitress, saving money to renovate her house. She knows who Jack is and although she doesn’t really think anything of him, it becomes a shock to Keri Ann when she sees him ordering food a
Jennifer Kyle
Nov 15, 2013 rated it really liked it
3.5 Stars

description

How do to rate a story which you were thoroughly enjoying till the last twenty-five percent?

This was a light and enjoyable read where the main character Keri Ann (waitress) meets a runaway Hollywood megastar, Jack Eversea one night at her place of work. (Similar to Love Unscripted)

Keri Ann was a wonderful character, the setting (Butler Cover Island) and her responsibility to restore and take care of her inherited family home was unique. I loved all the minor characters as well.

Jack and
(You can read an awesome deleted scene from Eversea on my blog - http://www.bookishtreasures.blogspot.... )

Loved this book. Full review is coming soon :)

With that ending there had better be a sequel!

Full Review

I really enjoyed this book. It is a fun read but it also has lots of depth and emotion. You will get lost in the characters and their stories. This book is escapism at its very best. It is a beautiful coming of age story with lots of lovely romance mixed in.

The synopsis may make
Irene Sim
It was impossible while reading Beach Wedding not to go back and reread the first book. I wanted to relive Jack and Keri Ann's story because Natasha Boyd is that kind of author. You can't just let go of her characters, they stick with you and you want to experience their feelings over and over. I also bumped up my rating to 5 stars because this series is pretty awesome.

"If I'd known you were in my future, I would have chosen differently"

Garg Ankit
Jan 31, 2019 rated it liked it
Books like Eversea are the reason readers like me can cozy up to the genre that is romance. Over the past I have tried to read quite few books under this theme, only to lose interest in the story within the introductory phase of the story itself. But being stubborn as ever, I still haven't given up on romantic fiction as I try to read books in this genre.

If you ask what's different in this book when compared to the rest, I do not have the answer as I haven't read enough material on this genre to
CC
Seriously? I know people liked this book. But I did not. The heroine was annoying as shit. TSTL Immature. A blabber mouth. And I was sick to death of being in her head.

Jack was also a weak, wishy washy loser. Dude, grow a pair!

Book is a cliffy

Safety gang (view spoiler)
Beth
May 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing
 photo d1958b31-2e19-4e4b-857b-3090f5e1c87d_zps60851dc0.jpg
Tour Coming to Tome Tender Book Blog June 3 - June 29, 2013
-Win an E-book Copy of Eversea
-Win a Signed Paperback Copy of Eversea
-Win a KINDLE FIRE

Hollywood Mega-Movie-Star meets small town waitress when he runs from a devastating scandal.

Jack Eversea's career is booming, but when his Hollywood girl friend and co-star is caught kissing another man, he starts to question his life and career direction. Running to a beach front home in South Carolina he meets Keri Ann, a local with deep roots in
Heather
Cliffhanger! NO! Natasha Boyd...I have to have the next one...like NOW!!! OMG I can't freaking wait until NOVEMBER! What happens to JACK? How does it end?

I fell in love with this book.
Natasha Boyd is an author on the rise and I can not wait to see what else she has in store for us.

Jack is a young Hollywood star who has recently underwent a significant break up with his on screen and off screen romance. He is looking for some space and some privacy and asks a friend to hide out in their small co
Korrie’s Korner
I’ve been living under a rock!

Being a Charleston girl I read this book with such pride. Totally devoured this read and loved every minute of it. Jack Eversea pierced my heart and left me longing for more. Love Keri Ann and her sass and true southern appeal. Natasha had everything from the Lowcountry down. This was more than a love story, but an experience. Can’t wait to dive into book 2!!! Love, love, love!!!!
Michelle Kannan
May 27, 2013 rated it really liked it

MICHELLE'S REVIEW OF EVERSEA
I received an ARC copy for an honest review.

OH EM GEE.

What the hell just happened to me?? Holy cliffhanger. I was not expecting that. I kept thinking- gee I only have a few pages left so I guess this will be one of those quick wrap up endings.

Damn you Natasha Boyd.

Ok I loved this book. Jack and Keri Ann were awesome. I loved that they fell for each other organically. I thought the chemistry was just amazing and the sexual tensio
Laila
5 Wonderful ★'s!!

From the blurb:

"An orphaned, small-town, southern girl, held hostage by responsibility and self-doubt.

A chance encounter that leads to an unlikely arrangement and epic love affair that will change them both forever."

Hmm, doesn't it sound a bit cliché? That's what I thought. But sometimes, the girly-girl in me loves this Cinderella-ish kind of storyline and that's why I requested an
A. Bookzilla.
May 17, 2013 rated it really liked it
I loved this book. I love my celebrity books so when I saw it was up for review, I jumped at the chance.

I loved Jack Eversea! His character was a perfect mixture of "arrogant celebrity" and "they're just normal people". I really felt for him because you can see how hard the whole thing is on him - he's actually hating himself for being a cliche celebrity.

Keri Ann was a great heroine, too - because while she was being fangirly about Jack Eversea (yes, I can't just say Jack) she saw how annoyingly
Jennifer☠Pher☠
Jun 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Goodreads does not have enough ★'s for this book. This book has instantly become a favorite for me. One of those books that I want to re-read and I do not re-read books, well, almost never. Wow! Full review to come, first, like Keri Ann, I am going to kayak and gather my thoughts. Just wow!

I am not the biggest fan of the celebrity romance books. I like them but I always feel so stressed out reading them. They are so often full of such trust issues that I have a hard time seeing the actual love s
Jean
Jan 27, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 Stars

Okay, maybe my expectations were high because of all the love for this book, but I seriously struggled to finish it.  It was very YA to me even though the main characters were in their mid to late 20s.

Small town girl meets world famous actor who is hiding from the world, and it was that kind of insta-attraction that I'm not always fond of, but I guess it worked.

I think the best part of the book was the last 15% or so, and then I read the Prologue for the next book, and yep, that was eno
Becky Ellis
Jun 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I really liked this book ...really liked it. I am kicking myself however bc it's a cliffhanger and I see no date for book #2. That said, I will be anxiously awaiting the next book. Definitely worth the read. ...more
Kelly 'Perusing Princesses blog'
I really liked this story because I am a total sucker for girl next door and the Hollywood legend type romances. Eversea didn't quite live up to Love Unscripted (a total favourite of mine) but it certainly kept me captivated and made me give up my whole Saturday which tells me something...

Yeah, Jack Eversea... I kinda love you.

Its a 4 due to the ending...well...its not an ending, it ended pretty much on a TBC and I was like, 'Nooooooooooo' because I needed some form of character reconnection an
Lisa
Jun 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another FAVE of 2013! This is A MUST READ!

This pic describes my love for this book-just in case you needed any idea :)

I am in LOVE with Eversea. This book pulled me into it's arms immediately. It is so wonderfully written, that I was trying not to read it so darn fast. But I did, darn it. It is one of those light, quick, feel good books. Author Natasha Boyd has a way with her characters. If every book could be as compelling as this one, then I would be in freaking READING Heaven. No joke!

So ou
Nevaeh Lee
Jun 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Oh my goodness...I have totally hit the book jackpot lately! Eversea is another debut novel and once again, I am blown away by the previously undiscovered writing talent out there. I can only hope to join the ranks of these incredible writers one day.

Starting off, I loved the Low Country setting in this book. I was literally just there for Spring Break and adored this area that the author obviously loves. If you haven't been there before, you will want to go after reading this book.

Beyond the se
Natasha is a Book Junkie
“He was like a bright and beautiful rogue planet. He pulled the entire galaxy into a gravitational wobble until he got close enough to suck you in and tilt your axis head over heels.”

What do you say about a book that not only completely transports you into another reality and owns you body and soul with its story, characters, writing style, but also fills you to the brim with such overwhelming joy simply because you can’t get enough of every single word in it? Deliciously captivating
Gitte TotallyBookedBlog
Joint Reviewed on: http://totallybookedblog.com/2013/06/...

Jenny:
Gitte, you know me! I’m a sucker for fictional Hollywood romance stories – I just adore the Hollywood star meets small-town girl theme, it’s magical and I love it. Imagine meeting your heart throb hero in real life. Sigh……Well, I am a romantic after all!

Now, notice I say “fictional Hollywood” stories. One thing I don’t like is when ‘real life‘ invades my fictional world so first up, kudos to Natasha Boyd for keeping real celebrity
Becky
May 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2013, arc
I received an ARC copy of this book in return for an unbiased review.

Jack is a successful Hollywood actor of a hit book turned film series who is trying to get away from the media and his cheating girlfriend/co star. He goes to a quiet town called Butlers cove in order to escape and strikes up a friendship with Keri Ann Butler.

Keri Ann is girl in her early 20s who has experienced the death of both her parents, her Nana and has been left the historic town house, along with her brother, which has
Karen
Oct 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2nd-read
A bit different story that is set in one of my favorite vacation spots even though I'm not from Ohio.

I really thought Jack was not great towards the end. I hated how he behaved in Savannah.

How could he believe Audrey? I think we lack Jack's POV. I'm not in love with him at books end.

I did believe in Keri Ann. She seemed genuine and although I liked how she didn't fan girl on Jack initially, she was a bit rough on him. She changes her time and mind, as would any of us!!
The book slowed up, dragged
Iva
Jun 24, 2013 marked it as to-read
This totally looks like the 'Kirsten Stewart cheating on Robert Pattinson with the director' situation. No offense but I don't think I'll read this - I'll picture Pattinson as the hero and he's no hottie to me. Plus, the idea is obviously unoriginal. Why didn't she get inspired by Adele or something else? ...more

• Sweet Talk (Love Lines, #2)
  • Private Player
  • May the Best Man Win (The Wedding Date, #1)
  • The Wedding Date Bargain (The Wedding Date #2)
  • Hollywood & Vine
  • Redeeming Lottie (Billingsley #1)
  • Stolen Words (High Tower #1)
  • Just This Once (The Wedding Date, #3)
  • Fake (West Hollywood #1)
  • The Stand-In
  • Pause (Larsen Bros, #2)
  • Call Me Maybe (Love Lines, #1)
  • From the Embers
  • Last Resort (Desire Resort, #1)
  • Say Yes
  • Summer Girl: A Friends to Lovers Romance
  • Fake Start (Kings Of The Water, #4)
  • Chasing Rhodes (Rock Falls, #1)
See top shelves…
Natasha Boyd (writing romance as Tasha Boyd) is a USA Today bestselling and award-winning author of both historical fiction and contemporary romance. Her historical fiction novel THE INDIGO GIRL was long-listed for the Southern Book Prize and was a Southern Independent Booksellers' Association OKRA PICK. She holds a Bachelor of Science in Psychology and lives with her husband, two sons and the cas ...more

Butler Cove (5 books)
  • Forever, Jack (Butler Cove, #2)
  • All that Jazz (Butler Cove, #3)
  • Beach Wedding (Butler Cove, #4)
  • One Night (Butler Cove, #5)