Start by marking “Unsettled Interlude (Hidden Wolves, #1.5)” as Want to Read:
Unsettled Interlude (Hidden Wolves, #1.5)

Read Book

Unsettled Interlude

(Hidden Wolves #1.5)

*Contains Spoilers for Unacceptable Risk - Hidden Wolves book 1

Paul Hunter just spent two days as a captive to werewolves, his life hanging in the balance, a witness to crimes and craziness. Now he's back in his regular life, and living with Simon, the man he's been falling for. And he's part of a werewolf pack. He needs his brain to somehow catch up with all of th
Published April 14th 2013 by Smashwords

To ask other readers questions about Unsettled Interlude, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Unsettled Interlude

Ingie
Written January 10, 2014

3.7 Stars - a good very short sequel to Paul & Simon's love story - thanks for that!

I really enjoyed the great and thrilling PNR novel Unacceptable Risk (4.3 stars from me). This is a 25 pages sequel shorty with more yummy stuff about these two newly bonded lovebirds.. - and in addition; Kaje Harper's stories are always quite amazing to read.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
”“The beginning of everything. When you can’t get enough of your husband’s smell and his taste andread.
”“Thethat!
I2014
3.7 ...more
Jo ★The Book Sloth★
3 Short Stars

Hmm... This is a small story following the events of Unacceptable Risk and although I did think that more was needed to the story to resolve the problems between Simon and Paul, this story wasn't enough. It was just a few more pages that resolved nothing. Simon and Paul talked a bit about their problems and revealed a few stuff but no solution was given. I'm hoping things will be smoothed out in the next books.

3 Short Stars

Ami
Apr 11, 2013 rated it really liked it
This free short story (about 10,8K) featured Simon and Paul from Unacceptable Risk. It is advisable to that one reads that book first because some of the things here will make more sense...

I love this ... I'm a sucker for established relationship, especially when the couple is dealing with issues by TALKING.

Here, we dig a bit deeper on Paul's discomfort with the violence within werewolf pack -- how easy for pack to kill or how big the power of an Alpha is. I love that he addresses his concer
Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
A very nice short followup to Unacceptable Risk. I was happy to see this little short because I wasn't ready to put these guys down yet!
Macky
May 17, 2013 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Everyone
Recommended to Macky by: Sid
Starting exactly where Unacceptable Risk left off, this short story deals mainly with Paul and Simon coming to terms with the events from the last two days, so don’t try to read this as a standalone because it contains major spoilers for book one, for that reason alone its hard to do a non spoiler review so sorry, this won’t be a long in-depth one.

The person who is struggling most is Paul. As a human he finds it hard to understand the pack mentality and he’s still not sure that the d
Heller
May 26, 2013 rated it really liked it
Unsettled Interlude is right! Reads like the missing epilogue from Unacceptable Risk, it's the morning after the events of the first book and this sets up a bit of what'll be happening in the second book of the series: (view spoiler). We get a bit more of Aaron which is nice and there are a few sweet s ...more
Mandy*reads obsessively*
It's probably best to read this one right after Unacceptable Risk, since it takes place directly after that story.
Paul is still coming to terms with being part of a pack, what that means for him, for Simon and for them as a couple.
I like that Simon is open and honest with Paul, doesn't try to make it easier or better than it really is, and he listens to Paul's concerns and takes them seriously.
There are also some lighter moments and since I've already read Aaron's story, I know how the k
Gina
May 26, 2013 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Gina by: Macky
This starts out where book 1 Unacceptable Risk leaves off. Newly bonded Paul and Simon are working out their relationship and the possibility of fallout from the other pack. Paul is trying to deal with his conflicting emotions and feelings from the last few days. The abrupt bonding is having is leaving Paul feeling unsure and uneasy. And Simon is trying to keep his fears for Paul's safety to himself.

my issue with this....too short! onto the next book! YAY!
ttg
Apr 11, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m, reviews, wow-free
Very good short story follow-up to Hidden Wolves 1 Unacceptable Risk. (And has the extra bonus of being free.)

Steer away if you haven’t read Unacceptable Risk since this story is set immediately after the events in that book. (And I don’t think things are easy to understand nor will you really feel for the characters without reading that book first.)

Here, Simon and Paul are adjusting to their post-mate-bond life, and the new pack. Although Paul loves Simon, he still has some r
Heather C
I read this one a little out of order (after Unexpected Demands), and I was little sad seeing Paul and Simon so unsettled here after knowing how happy they eventually end up.

Love these two!
Ashley♥Alexis
i loved seeing this couple again. I didnt plan to contuine this series but I would if these guys got another book.
Danielle  Gypsy Soul
This was a great little follow up from book one that really gave a bit more information on how they are settling into a relationship and dealing with all the changes. I really enjoyed it and it left me wanting to read more ... so on to book 2.
Jewel
I loved the first book in this series, Unacceptable Risk, quite a lot, but I found this short follow up rather tedious. Paul whines a lot about the events that happened at the end of Unacceptable Risk and there was no steam at all to offset the whining. I really liked Paul in the first book and I get he's had to face a lot of reality shifts in a short period of time, but I really just wanted to give him a time out.

It's a short read, at least, so I would probably still recommend reading this one between the
Shelby
Sep 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Shelby by: Wendy ~M/M Junkie~
This is a nice little companion piece to the first book. Paul and Simon are bonded, they're together, but not everything is smooth sailing. Paul has a lot to learn about the shifter world and it doesn't all jibe with his values. The balancing act these two are going to have to go through is only just beginning, but I like its start. :)
Kelly H. (Maybedog)
4.5 stars rounded up to 5 because of the ethical issues this tackles.
Barb ~rede-2-read~
A short, but sweet, follow-up to book one, Paul and Simon are still feeling their way into their relationship. With an unconventional start, the bonded mates, one human, one wolf, have to establish trust without neglecting other things that will make them a happy couple and this story serves to remind them about all the issues.

Love this series!
Trix
Oh, lovely sequel to Unacceptable Risk.

(view spoiler) ...more
Fritz42
Apr 12, 2013 rated it really liked it
It was wonderful coming back to these two men after having read Unacceptable Risk. Paul still struggles with what he had witnessed in the first book, and one has to wonder if this will cause problems between Paul and the pack. However, the love that is between Paul and Simon keeps growing stronger.

I love this Hidden Wolves 'verse, and anytime there is a new read in it, I'm going to grab it up with both hands!
Jay Clark
Jun 15, 2014 rated it really liked it
It wraps up the first novel very well and sets up some of the issues for the second, but mostly it is simply a short, delicious read all by itself. I recommend reading it afterUnacceptable Risk so that it does not spoil any of the novel it helps wrap up.
Christy
Thank you, Kaje, for giving an extended glimpse into Simon and Paul right after the events of the meet. It was wonderful to see them continuing to work on their relationship and try to understand each other's perspective!

Love these guys.
Beth doesn't write  enough reviews
Nov 26, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m, shifter, series
This is a great little addition! Like any newly weds Paul and Simon are still figuring their new lives out.
Wicked
Nov 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
Nice addendum to the first. Made me like the Alpha more and has me curious to proceed with the series.
Deeze
Jan 15, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: fread
This was the epilogue I felt was missing from book one.

Morgan  Skye
Nov 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2016, paranormal, bgs
Wow! Book one definitely left Paul and Simon on thin ice, but they were headed toward solid ground. This absolutely showcases how far they have to go. Paul is SO not ready for all the stuff involved in being part of a pack but he absolutely adores and loves Simon so he’s willing to work on it. He’s afraid of their moral compass but is beginning to understand their pull as well as their needs.

Simon, on the other hand, is all in with Paul and the pack, but he’s SO worried about the pot
Louise M Sanderson
Cute and simple. A good addition.
Susan
Jul 08, 2018 rated it it was ok
Well, it certainly was an unsettled interlude, so.... aptly named. Also kinda unsatisfying and actually made me feel worse about the couple's future happiness, but oh well. It was free!
Helen
Nov 29, 2016 rated it liked it
*sigh* Really not for me. I kind of want to give the series more space to win me over, but it looks like the sequel proper is still tied in with this pack. I'd have liked it more if it was about another pack, maybe with things handled slightly differently. Because I refuse to accept that every single group of sufficiently humanoid creatures acts exactly the same, particularly since they don't seem to have that much contact with one another so it's not like they can keep tabs on how each Alpha ha ...more
Duncan Husky
Sep 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
5 stars

I admit that I'm not usually much for short stories in this genre, however this is almost more of an epilogue to Unacceptable Risk than a standalone story. I rated it highly because it addresses a lot of the concerns that I had at the end of that book, and in doing so made the story better as a whole. I definitely agree with one of the previous reviewers who commented on how good it is to see people work out relationship issues by, you know, talking about it. Finally, I also like tha
Donna
Jan 01, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 0-lgbtq-read
I am soooooooo glad I got to read this the day after I read Paul & Simon's story!!!! It was just a "little" something to tide us over til the next book...and also it clarified a few more things between these "very much" in love guys...who have NO CLUE how to handle a relationship...must less a marriage...but they are working on it!!! Very short and very sweet!!! I agree...Paul had better get his kittens!!!!
Sandra
It was nice to follow-up with Paul and Simon after Unacceptable Risk, because while the ending was happy, there were still plenty of lose ends with respect to their relationship. Not much happened in this, but we got to see them deal with some of the issues that occurred as a result of things in the first book and get to see them work some stuff out.

• No Boundaries
  • Soul Magic (Triad #3)
  • An Intrepid Trip to Love (A Little Bite of Love #1)
  • Interlude with Tattoos (A Charm of Magpies, #1.5)
  • Red
  • Divided We Stand (The Searching Ceremonies, #1)
  • Strength of the Mate (The Tameness of the Wolf, #3)
  • Friction (Dominion, #0.1)
  • Little Wild Animal (Little Wild Animal Universe, #1)
  • Hunting Under Covers
  • Play It Again (Play It Again, #1)
  • Buried Bones (Bones #2)
  • Sparkly Pens (Sparkly Pens, #1-3)
  • Fated (Fated, #1)
  • Jagged Rock
  • Tomfoolery
  • Lesser Evils (Infected #6)
  • City Wolf (Axton & Leander, #2)
I get asked about my name a lot. It's not something exotic, though. “Kaje” is pronounced just like “cage” – it’s an old nickname, and my pronouns are she/her/hers.

I was born in Montreal but have lived for 30 years in Minnesota, where the two seasons are Snow-removal and Road-repair, where the mosquito is the state bird, and where winter can be breathtakingly beautiful. Minnesota’s a ki

Hidden Wolves (4 books)
  • Unacceptable Risk (Hidden Wolves, #1)
  • Unexpected Demands (Hidden Wolves, #2)
  • Unjustified Claims (Hidden Wolves #3)
  • Unsafe Exposure (Hidden Wolves, #4)
“We need to shop," Paul said, peering over his shoulder.
"True. We should do it together." [...]"We can hold up cucumbers in the produce section and make suggestive gestures at each other with them.”
2 likes
“I was just wondering, what would you say to a pair of kittens?"
""Hi, snack food?”