Start by marking “Highland Seer (Highland Talents, #2)” as Want to Read:
Highland Seer (Highland Talents, #2)

(Highland Talents #2)

Donal MacNabb is loyal to his adopted Lathan clan, yet he resents being a pawn in their treaty negotiations with the struggling MacKyries. The MacKyrie clan needs his skills as an arms master, but its Laird is bartering for more than Donal is prepared to give.

Ellie MacKyrie knows the Lathan treaty will help protect her clan from the neighbor determined to seize her
Kindle Edition, First Edition, 281 pages
Published July 24th 2013 by The Wild Rose Press, Inc; Faery Rose

To ask other readers questions about Highland Seer, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Highland Seer

Start your review of Highland Seer (Highland Talents, #2)
Kari Kaz
Jul 27, 2013 rated it really liked it
Highland Seer is the second book in Willa Blairs Highland Talents series. I did not read the first book, and although characters from the first book make a guest appearance, I did not feel at any time that the first book was mandatory reading in order to understand this one.

The story begins with the arrival of several Lathan clan members at the MacKyrie holding. Imagine their surprise when they learn that the present Laird, Ellie MacKyrie, is a woman and seer. The Lathan warriors seek to instate
Ronda  Tutt
Pure dead brilliant!

Aye Laddies and Lassies, this is one of the most brilliant enticing Scottish Highland stories Ive read in a long time. The writing captivated me throughout the whole story. The humorous Scottish language had me busting out laughing in some of the scenes and the dramas build up was so intense that it kept me on the edge of my seat.
The characters had the perfect chemistry and I loved how unexpectedly love came up from behind and bitchslapped Donal. The growing realization was
Taria Reed
I liked that Ellie was a female Laird. I like that she had the respect and love of her clan. I liked that people underestimated her because she was a woman but she was very smart, logical, patient, and fair. I would have liked if she could defend herself a bit more but i know for that time period it wasn't too realistic.

I DO NOT LIKE that the couple didn't get together until the end (about chapter 20; 1hr before end) of the book. Donal fought his attraction to Ellie until it was damn near too
Cathy
Aug 31, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely loved it! It had all the good stuff of a Scottish Romance! Good guys, bad guys, lies, fighting, mistrust, tears and all the stuff I love to read about. These characters were easy to get to know and fall in love with. I wanted to hurt the bad guy myself! Can't wait for the next one in the series!
A.R. Von
Sep 17, 2013 rated it really liked it
I got this as an Amazon freebie not too long ago and have been itching to read it (LOVE Highlander's). This is the second book of a series, but what I started with. Saying that it can definitely be read as a stand-alone with no problems.
Highland Seer is very well written, touching, exciting and magical story than any fans of the genre will surely enjoy!
InD'tale Magazine
4.5/5.0

The lilting dialogue, the portrayal of life in early 1500s Scotland and the wonderful description of the vast and beautiful highlands really puts one in the center of the story.

Read full review in the November 2013 issue of InDtale Magazine.
Eileen Dandashi
Nov 25, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Donal MacNabb was special to the Lathan clan and the clan was special to him. It had been his home for many years. He was man of few words and rather gruff. But he was something to behold, quite handsome in his rugged way. He was one of the few men of Clan Lathan traveling in the Highlands looking for clans to strengthen the pact. All those who sign, help would be extended them when needed. The MacKyrie clan was the furthest away from the Lathan clan they had come. They didnt know anything about ...more
Kathy Altman
Nov 22, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Willa Blair's latest Scottish Highlands historical is the deeply satisfying story of a desperate lady laird and an honor-driven master of arms. The pair finds themselves battling divided loyalties, terrifying omens, a ruthless neighboring clan and an impossible passion. Hmm. 16th-century intrigue, muscled men with claymores and a doomed romance is it any wonder I was reluctant to leave the rich, riveting world of Highland Seer? Good thing I can make my way back easily enough all I have to do ...more
Jenny Q
3.5 Stars. Highland Seer is the story of Ellie MacKyrie, a strong and wise young woman gifted with the Sight, struggling to hold a failing clan together while fending off raids from neighboring clans and marriage proposals from rival lairds. So she's heartened when a band of strapping warriors arrives from a far-off clan offering an alliance treaty. But with them is the man of her dreams (literally), and while she thinks he is the answer to her prayers, he wants nothing to do with her beyond the ...more
DelAnne Frazee
ISBN: 9781628391144
ASIN: B00UK7I9VA
Reviewer: DelAnne
Reviewed For: NetGalley

Donal McNabb, Master of Arms for the Clan Lathan and six others have been sent out by Toran Lathan to visit neighboring clans to try and broker a proposal of a peace treaty. A treaty of mutual defense and aid against invading armies.

The men rescue a group of
L.A. Kelley
Oct 14, 2013 rated it really liked it
Highland Seer combines the fun of a highland romance with a dash of paranormal activity. On a diplomatic mission Donal McNabb, arms master, is thrown together with Ellie MacKyrie, a female laird of a struggling clan. She has a sketchy seers gift, the messages arent clear, but shes convinced the savior for her clan is Donal. He has no understanding of the craft and little patience with her forthright manner. Their conflict revolves around his belief he has nothing to offer this wildly attractive ...more
Regina Olmstead
Nov 25, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: first-reads
Just finished the Highland Seer by Willa Blair. This was a book given to me in the First Reads giveway. Thank you so much for the opportunity to read the book.

This was a very fast and easy read. I completed the book in 2 days. It's actually the first book I've read that was not on an e-reader in 3 years.

Highland Seer is book 2 in the Highland Talents series. The book is set in 1517 and the main characters are Ellie (the seer) and Donal (the hero). Ellie is the female Laird of her people and only
J.T. Bock
Nov 30, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
As MacKyrie Laird, Ellie has fought these last few years to keep her clan safe and keep her clan's whiskey business profitable. Now she was to fight for the man of her dreams. She's a Seer who knows that Donal, a noble warrior who saved her whiskey shipment from raiders, is the one for her and the one who will protect her clan after they lost all their warriors during a bloody battle years ago. Donal doesn't trust Ellie's ability nor does he believe that he's worthy of being a consort to a ...more
Emily
Dec 09, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Received this book via a Goodreads Giveaway

I enjoyed the overall storyline. I loved the strong leadership of Ellie in this story and her love for her people and wanting the best for them. Donal is your typical Alpha Male who is incredibly stubborn. I did sometimes feel the story got a little slow and is the only reason that I rated this book 4 stars instead of 5. I felt it could have included a lot more action. I thought the Seer ability of Ellie was interesting think it would be cool had she
Nicole Laverdure
What a wonderful Scottish tale!
After, I read Highland Healer, I started to read right away Highland Seer, written by Willa Blair; I simply could not put it down, its a real page turner! If you love Scottish tales with a touch of magic, then this book, will be perfect for you, you wont be disappointed! Its a paranormal romance filled with tenderness and adventure. Its really worth reading! I loved her two main characters Donal MacNabb, adopted by the Lathan clan, who is a fierce warrior with a
Merissa (Archaeolibrarian)
Sep 03, 2013 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Merissa by: Tara West
The second in the series of Highland Talents but you do not have to have read the first book for this one to make sense.

This book follows Donal and Jamie as they travel the highlands to make treaties with various clans to give them all a stronger stand. They arrive at Clan MacKyrie to find that all the fighting men are missing and a whole set of problems resting on the shoulders of the laird, who in this case turns out to be Ellie.

Ellie is a strong character who has already been married, so she
My Book Addiction and More MBA
HIGHLAND SEER by Willa Blair is an wickedly delicious Scottish Medieval Historical Romance with Paranormal twists. #2 in the "Highland Talents" series, but can be read as a stand alone. See, "Highland Gift".

Fast paced, sensual read of intrigue, passion, danger, secrets and love. Meet, Ellie MacKyrie, the female Laird of clan MacKyrie, who just happens to be a Highland Seer, as well. And Donal MacNabb, adopted son of the Lathan clan. Together, they embark on a journey of danger,sensual tension,
R.C. Matthews
May 28, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Okay, I admit it. I'm a sucker for a highlander story. There's something about brave, sexy men that are fiercely loyal that makes my heart swoon every time. I did not read book #1 in this series and I had no problems reading this book as a standalone.

Ellie MacKyrie is Laird of her clan. I love it that women were clan leaders back in the day in Scotland. It's just another reason why I love highlanders so much. She is a strong character but still feminine and a great leader of her clan. Donal
Shelley
Oct 27, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: historical
This is the story of Donal and Ellie. Ellie is the laird of her clan and fighting a losing battle keeping her clan safe and secure. A neighboring laird wants her lands and is determined to marry Ellie by fair means or foul. Donal has made his home with the Latham clan, and he's come to love life with them and working as an arms master.

I enjoyed the characters and the plot of this story, and especially liked the Scottish setting and the background of the whisky that Ellie's clan made for sale. I
Riley
Sep 05, 2013 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed Highland Seer as much as I did the first book in the series. Highland romance and adventure with a bit of paranormal thrown in. Great read!

Especially interesting to me was that the MacKyrie clan's main source of income is whisky. Since I enjoy whisky myself, I was really interested to read about the whisky making process. I had to read the entire book to find out the secret to the success of the MacKyrie whisky, but there was also a great story to go with the whisky bits, so it was
Julie
Aug 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing
What a wonderful book. Donal MacNabb has been sent to negotiate with the weaker Mackyrie. clan. On arrival is surprised to discover the Laird is a woman and very beautiful, but she is a Seer and he doesn't trust talents. Elle MacKyrie is drawn to Donal and has seen him in her dreams. But he thinks he's not the one for her. I got totally emerged in Elle and Donal's tender love story. There was action and a little intregrue in this well written book. I would highly recommend it.
A Voracious Reader (a.k.a. Carol)

Full review in November 2013 issue of InD'tale Magazine.
Linda
Apr 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Beautiful!

Donal and Ellie's story was wonderful. I can't believe that this series just keeps getting better and better. Strong sexy Scotts and even stronger women. Highland Seer is filled with all the suspense and danger you could want and the love seance are just perfect. I'm truly loving this series! ❤ ❤
Kimmie
Oct 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing
what a wonderful book I thought I'd read a little the read more the next day
not a chance I could not put it down next thing I knew it was eight in the morning
this is well written and pulls you in can't wait to read the next book
Michelle Chamberlin

I loved the Highland Healer and was happy to read this sequel. One not need to read the first book however to enjoy Willa Blair's wonderful story. The touch of paranormal added just the right 'zing'! Loved it!
Ted
Nov 24, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Highland Seer

I enjoyed this book about a woman Laird and the man who finally admits his love for her. I really hated the Mac Duff, who was one of the nastiest villainS have read about in a while.
Victoria
Sep 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorite
Is a great book to read
Christi Browne
Oct 29, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Beautiful. Her work gets the reader caught up in the characters lives and the story line. I really enjoyed this book and am looking forward to reading more of her works.
Kat Green
Dec 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent read! Flowed very well, with detailed characters and descriptive settings! Loved it!
judy bosford
Jun 07, 2014 rated it really liked it

Highland Seer

Extremely good book. Really holds your interest. I love books set in old Scotland. Would highly recommend for adult. reading. b

• The MacKinnon's Bride (The Highland Brides #1)
  • Mail Order Bride: Nora (Brides for the Samson Brothers Book 1)
  • Nellie (The Brides of San Francisco, #1)
  • Twin Willows
  • Big Sky Blue (Shades of Blue Trilogy)
  • Out of the Darkness (Prescott, #1)
  • Nathan's Montana Bride (Montana Ranchers Brides #1)
  • Unlikely Substitute (Mail-Order Husbands, #1)
  • Daring the Highlander (The Legacy of MacLeod, #2)
  • A Union of Family Love: A Western Historical Romance Book
  • Mail Order M'Lady (Brides of Beckham)
  • Forsaken by Love (His Heart's Long Journey Book 1)
  • Bowing to Betsy (The Matchmaker's Ball #11)
  • Reluctant Proxy Bride
  • Jasmine's Journey (Westward Home and Hearts Mail-Order Brides Book 12)
  • A Second Chance (Kansas Crossroads Book 18)
  • Frontier Bride On The Oregon Trail (Western Romance)
  • The Cowboy’s Oregon Trail Bride (Christian Western Romance) (MacAllan Brothers series Book 1)
Willa Blair is an Award-winning Amazon and Barnes & Noble #1 Bestselling author of Scottish Historical, light Paranormal, and Contemporary romance. She has been featured on and contributes to USATodays Happy Ever After romance blog, Savvy Authors, Romance University, and more.

Her books have won numerous honors, including the Marlene, the Merritt, National Readers Choice Award Finalist, The

Highland Talents (3 books)
  • Highland Healer (Highland Talents)
  • Highland Troth (Highland Talents)