Start by marking “Magic Bites - Fernando's (Curran POV #2)” as Want to Read:
Magic Bites - Fernando's (Curran POV #2)

Magic Bites - Fernando's

(Curran POV #2)

During Magic Bites, Curran sees Kate and Crest in Fernando's.
ebook, http://www.ilona-andrews.com/curran-pov-collection/, 8 pages
Published March 7th 2013

To ask other readers questions about Magic Bites - Fernando's, please sign up.
E.J. I believe the old link still works on the author's website but you can't just search the site itself. http://www.ilona-andrews.com/curran-p... Be…moreI believe the old link still works on the author's website but you can't just search the site itself. http://www.ilona-andrews.com/curran-p... Be careful of which download link you use. The first one only works on a kindle.(less)

1st Read - September 2013
2nd Read - April 2015
3rd Read - June 2016
4th Read - November 2017
5th Read - July 2018

This gives us the chance to get inside Curran's head when he is watching Kate on her date with Crest & I really enjoyed the insight into how he sees Kate. I love that he's already showing hints of jealousy that she's with another guy and not him.

These shorts are always fun but make sure you read them after the appropriate book. This is a scene from Magic Bites (book 1) told from Curr
Duchess Nicole
"Kate circled the table, giving me a lovely view of her backside. Mm. She stood by a chair that would let her see the door. Ha. I wondered for a moment if she would flip it over and sit cowboy style, with the back of the chair protecting her stomach."

There you go...another fabulous snippet of Curran's mind. I loved this...I love how Curran sees so much good in Kate, and is instantly oblivious of every other woman. Her flaws, he sees as good. I'm so glad Gordon Andrews puts these out, and I think
Alex ☣ Deranged KittyCat ☣
I'm reading Curran POV Collection and this is the second chapter.

I was actually pretty curious as to what His Furriness thought about the bowl of milk. The revelation about him and Myong was just a lovely bonus.
Cathy (cathepsut)
Read as part of the Curran POV Collection, full review here.

Read for the 1st time in August 2015, re-read in June 2016.

You can find the collection for free on Ilona Andrews' website. Read in order, after the respective main books of the Kate Daniels series. Don't jump ahead, you will spoil yourself!

FERNANDO'S (Magic Bites, Kate Daniels #1): Curran observes Kate at a date with someone else.
Renégade ♥
4 1/2 stars

Excerpt from Fernando's
(Restaurant Scene from "Magic Bites")

(view spoiler)
•Anna•
Jul 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
A waiter approached our table, carrying a silver tray
with a bowl on it. Now what?
The waiter deposited the bowl in front of me. Milk.
Ha!
"Compliments of the lady at that table, sir."

She sent milk to his table.
KATE, LET ME LOVE YOU.
Yodamom
Curran, the Beast Lord has the most amusing thoughts and actions. How could I not fall for him ? These wonderful POV'S are not to be missed

Free on their site-http://www.ilona-andrews.com/snippet-...
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
I LOVE seeing Curran get his hackles up and I just love, love, love getting his POV. Only thing better would be to get it actually included in the book!
Irene Sim
Jan 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Ela
May 04, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: spin-offs
Cute Curran POV set during Magic Bites.

This was quite a sad POV I think, it's one of the few times you see how lonely Curran really was before Kate. Being Curran, he's hardly going to have many heart to hearts, so a loved this insight into his feelings. It made me love him and Kate even more, because I realised how compatible they are.
Erin *Proud Book Hoarder*
Nice to get into Curran's head. The writing was quicker than I'm used to from the writing duo, more bare bones. I see he thinks she enjoys being in the limelight and is trying to make a name for herself still - quite a wrong impression, if only he knew by this point.
Keertana
Apr 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing
For some reason, I forgot how deliciously perfect these small snippets into Curran's head were. I absolutely LOVED this one - there is nothing that can put a grin on my face faster than Ilona & Gordon Andrews. ;)
Rachel
Jan 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
She was on a date. And the poor fool wasn't even armed. He didn't stand a chance.

Oh this was my favorite scene from book 1! (:
Antonella
Apr 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Curran seems funny and surprising with some facts in this one.
Don
A waiter approached our table, carrying a silver tray with a bowl on it. Now what?
The waiter deposited the bowl in front of me. Milk. Ha!
"Compliments of the lady at the table, sir."

hehehehehehe
Coyora Dokusho
May 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Read at least (3) times.

I thought this one was really funny. I'm pretty disdainful of the other two characters though.
TinaMarie
Jul 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Maraya21 (The Reading Dragon)
Nov 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ebooks-i-own
4.5 Stars
Kim Shumaker
I loved this little tidbit of Curran seeing Kate and Crest on their date at Fernando's. Reading this from Curran's point of view allowed us to see what Curran saw. A strong, beautiful woman who felt as out of place as he did. Even though she was not in her element and bored to pieces, she covered up her unease at seeing Curran with the beautiful Myong by sending a message via the waiter that only he would understand.

(view spoiler)
Steph
Oh, how I love it when Gordon treats us to Curran POVs! This one takes place during Magic Bites. Curran is at Fernando's when Kate walks in for her date with Dr. Maximillian Crest.

When she spots Curran staring she sends over a bowl of milk. ;) God, I love those two!

This short can be found on the authors' website here.
Thenia
Aug 13, 2013 rated it really liked it
Curran's point of view of the scene at Fernando's where he is on a date when Kate walks in with a date of her own.

This story can be found in the Curran POV Collection which can be downloaded for free through the authors' website.
Layla ✷ Praise the sun ✷
Apr 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Kate Daniels fans
Shelves: fantasy
Curran's thoughts alone while he scrutinizes Crest are totally worth reading the whole Fernando scene from his POV.

"Blah blah blah, I'm handsome, I make a lot of
money, this suit is expensive, and my shoes are made of
the finest Corinthian leather hand stitched by virgins
under the moonlight..."
Carolyn F.
Short story.

You know I really enjoy these little snippets into what Curran was thinking during some of the scenes from the series. This was from early in the series when Curran and Kate were on at date at Fernando's with other people. Very good.
Lynsey   (A Bookish Life)
Apr 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favourites
I love these! They've all been good and Gordon always picks really good scenes to use, but this one was particularly interesting because of what it reveals about the Beast Lord's lonely job.

Makes me want to do a re-read.
Krystal
May 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Love Curran POV. Curran see a side of Kate he never seen before when she walks into Fernando. I felt a little bad for Curran's date because he wasn't really paying any attention to her. But I just love Kate and Curran together.
Giovanna
Jul 28, 2014 rated it really liked it
This series is a drug. I'm re-reading old favorites...and this pov is always wonderful. I wish we had even more of these Curran POVs. *swoooooon*
Sascha
Dec 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Corto pero nos deja conocer mejor este personaje :)
Susana
Kate on a date...
And a bowl of milk...

Jessica ❁ ➳ Silverbow ➳ ❁ Rabid Reads-no-more
Fernando's

This one let's you inside Curran's head while Kate is on her date with Crest. Among the highlights is Curran referring to Crest as a, "fancy lad." There are others . . .
  • Magic Dreams (Kate Daniels, #4.5)
  • Glow (Charley Davidson, #5.6)
  • In Vino Veritas (Dorina Basarab, #2.1)
  • Night Shift (Kate Daniels, #6.5; SPI Files, # 0.5; Psy-Changeling, #12.5; Barbarian, #1)
  • Magic Graves (Night Huntress, #4.5; Kate Daniels, #0.5)
  • Web of Deceit (Elemental Assassin, #0.2)
  • The Wicked (Elder Races, #5.5)
One half of the team behind best-selling author Ilona Andrews .

Curran POV (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Magic Bites - Unicorn Lane (Curran POV #1)
  • Magic Burns - Soup (Curran POV #3)
  • Magic Strikes - Midnight Games (Curran POV #4)
  • Magic Strikes - Hot Tub (Curran POV #5)
  • Kate's Origin (Curran POV #6)
  • Naked Dinner (Curran POV #7)
  • Magic Bleeds - Conclave (Curran POV #8)
  • Magic Bleeds - Awake (Curran POV #9)
  • Prequel to Magic Shifts (Curran POV #10)
  • Curran (Curran POV #1-2)
“Crest, that was his name, was meanwhile droning on, while Kate seemed to be only half listening. I could not hear him clearly, but I could guess at the gist of it.

“Blah blah blah, I am handsome, I make a lot of money, this suit is expensive, and my shoes are made of the finest Corinthian leather hand-stitched by virgins under the moonlight. Of course, I could have gone into pediatrics, but for one of my amazing skill, really, plastic surgery was the only option. Beauty is so important, don’t you think? Oh, Kate, you are nearly as attractive as I. Why then should we not be beautiful together?”
8 likes