Start by marking “Blood Purple (Blood Series #1)” as Want to Read:
Blood Purple (Blood Series #1)

Read Book

Blood Purple

(Blood Series #1)

In a world we think we know, live other races entirely hidden from the mortal perspective. Creatures of legend, of fable and myth, their very history and nature have allowed them to walk side by side with humans since time immemorial. They are warriors, they are hunters, and they are Algula. Vampire. And in their own midst, a battle is brewing for supremacy, for dominance, ...more
Paperback, 2, 159 pages
Published July 5th 2013 by Art of Safkhet (first published September 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Blood Purple, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Blood Purple

Teri Mcglade
Aug 28, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was a fantastic read, beginning to end. With characters that literally fly off the pages to grab you by throat, it's full of danger, mythos, action and surprises. Completely unlike any other type of book in this genre that I've read, I think the author has taken a fresh spin on our fangy friends and given them new life, new breath. I recommend this book to all of you who have a love of the paranormal, but even more..I recommend this book to anyone who simply wants to lose themselves in ...more
Delta
Jan 17, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: fans of mythology-pnr-vampires
In the Blood Series world conceived by Ashley Nemer, feuding factions of the Algula vampires are the powers behind the scenes of the conflict in the Middle East. When the dying Agula king passes over his first-born, Haydar, to bequeath the crown to his daughter, Ikbar, it ignited fierce bitterness and hatred in Haydar. The depth of the feud between the royal brother and sister and their progeny was compared to the enmity between the human sons of Ishmael and Isaac.

Blood Purple is the story of t
CoffeeTimeRomance andMore
Nikole Kadin, princess of Algula, is determined to join and fight in her brother’s army to protect her people. After failing the last test, she goes to a local nightclub to meet up with her best friend, Adara. Once there, she and Adara meet two men who are more than they seem. This meeting will lead to a series of events that will test her strengths, her bonds with her brother and her best friend.

Zayn, Algula’s king, just wants what is best for his sister and for his people. He is alarmed when h
Ann
Aug 29, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was fortunate to be one of Ashley's beta readers while she wrote Blood Purple. From the moment I read the first chapter I was hooked. Always an avid reader I dove into the plot and characters right away. The story pulled me in its tale of the Kadin's. A royal family, a family of born vampires. Zayn the king his sister Princess Nikole and the other character's Ashley created made me cry at times and cheery them on while they battled their evil Uncle.

To my friends out there I HIGHLY recommend t
Krissy's Scraps
Nov 05, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This Book Moves Away from the Usual Genre I Read and I Found Both the Characters and Story Line to be Captivating and Enthralling... I Can't Wait for the Next Book in This Series to be Released and Will be Sure to Purchase It... I am More Than Happy to Highly Recommend Blood Purple to All!!!
Joood Hooligan
Dec 04, 2017 rated it it was ok
I will say this about Blood Purple, it's got an interesting concept. I liked the beginning, it had a strong opening. It kept me wanting to continue the story, even during the many parts of incoherence and repetition.

Read more here:
Naomi
Oct 09, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a fabulous start to the series. We have a mix of paranormal/romance with a bit of an ancient twist as the story prologue starts with a feud between immortals centuries ago. As we move into the modern day, the feud continues but with some new players. It's fun, graphic and has a touch of romance too.

Nikole and Zayn are siblings and Zayn is the current King of the Algula (Vampires). They are currently in hiding from Haydar, who is their Uncle, and the person who began the war over a mille
Aug 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2013
When I first heard of this book my first thought was.... Sigh not ANOTHER vampire book.

But I read it anyway, and you know what? I enjoyed this very fast paced ride.

It really is a different type of vampire, sure they are blood suckers, but the real story here is the story of a family fighting for power. The fact they are vampires isn't really the story just something they are.

And I enjoyed that. A lot.

Ms. Nemer has no issues making you fall in love with a character, makes you want to see wher
Marinda
Dec 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This book was given to me by the author and PR&ATR for an honest review. First let me say I am a vampire fanatic so it's hard to impress me, that said this is a great book. At first I was a little confused with the use of Arabic names for mom,dad,sister etc. but after a bit I caught on and it was smooth sailing from then on.This book has angst, drama, hatred and vengeance, in a story as old as time. This is the story of the original vampires and how they ended up splitting into two groups, t ...more
Zoe
Oct 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Ashley Nemer has given us a magnificent first glimpse behind the shroud of legend and history. Blood Purple is rich and vibrant. A vampire history brilliantly woven into that of humanity spins a tale that springs to life, drawing you until you are hooked. Brimming with hero’s you will love and villains you will love to hate, while your heart breaks for what made them who they are. A family of legend that endures the same familial strife, resentment, and anguishes that everyone suffers, Blood Pur ...more
Tracey Steinbach
Aug 27, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is a page-turner. It started out kind of slow, for me, but a few pages in, I had to know what happened next. The way she tied fantasy and reality together was wonderful. I will be recommending this book to my friends.
Elizabeth
The start

I was unsure how I would like this novel at first, but quickly fell into the story line and characters. I wish I would have been able to delve a little deeper into a few characters and feel as though I was seeing from their eyes, but there were many perspectives present and u fortunately I never felt that closeness. Despite that I was hooked and enjoyed this novel. I hope to be able to read the others in the series in the future.
Vonnie
Sep 29, 2013 rated it really liked it
There are many books about vampires out there but hardly any of them are set in the Middle East. This quickly got my attention because of my fascination of the Arabic culture. Blood Purple was a very interesting twist of the vampire mythology.

The vampires in this story did not follow the norm. They appeared very human other than the fact that some had elemental powers and lived longer than humans. They did not burn in the sun nor were they constantly hungry for blood. In fact, I almost forgot t
Llaph

Emi Lia
Jun 06, 2013 rated it really liked it
**I received a copy of this book for an honest review**

I really enjoyed this book. It's a great start to The Blood Series! I found myself at the end of the book, without even realizing it. This series has a great plot, a lot of action, sibling rivalries, and a bit of steaminess. I like that it has a different spin on Vampires, and no, they don’t sparkle, lol.

Haydar feels he's been deceived and shunned away by not receiving the crown. He swears to avenge this wrong doing and leaves to plan his ve
Nellie Bean
I liked this book! Now, I will say that I rate books quite stingily before I say anything else. I bought this book at Comicpalooza some time back, but never found myself picking this book up due to a huge TBR list. I really thought the concept is great, and definitely will keep reading to see how the story pans out. I think my favorite character is Leigh, as she is absolutely evil and wicked in a way that is sultry.

My complaint might seem weird, and I have had some time to ponder on this as I al
Johanna Rae
Sep 30, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
For a debut novel, this book is awesome. Speaking from experience, I know how difficult it is to get everything right first time. The journey as an author is not something you just pick up overnight but something that is learned step by step along the way. There are a few places where Nemer has switched tense, or a typo has been missed but I urge you to look beyond that and allow yourself to be immersed into the world of the Algula.

The sibling bond between the main characters, and their determin
Jeannie Holbrook
Apr 18, 2014 rated it it was ok
I really liked that Ms. Nemer based this story on the Middle East culture. I really liked the back story. I thought it was solid. Oh, but I really did not like either of the main characters at all. Zayn the king and his sister Princess Nikole were suppose to be hundreds of years old but acted like adolescents. Well Nikole did and Zayn acted like an overbearing father. I understand he was protective of his sister because he had lost of all his family but here so I could look over his behavior to ...more
Audrina
Aug 29, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Debut author Ashley Nemer delivers an outstanding passionate read with her first paranormal romance Blood Purple. The book is filled passion, wild entangled emotions and now it’s time for you to relax and escape along with the characters by reading Blood Purple. Ashley Nemer is a new XoXo Publishing author to look out for.
Audrina Leone
I only review the kind of books I like to read.

Blood Purple
Ashley Nemer
Rated: 5 Stars

Lucie
Apr 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Grabbing Story

What a grabbing tale Ashley Nemer has woven. I truly got wrapped up in Zayne and Nicole's individual stories as well as their combined as siblings history. The ending is well placed in the story, so much so that you want to immediately dive right into the next book!! I really have nothing negative to say, even the few (and I do mean few) editing errors do NOT take away from the book AT ALL!
Erin Hayden
Feb 09, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What a different spin on vampires from the norm. It did take me a while to get into the story, but once I did, I was captured by the amazing characters. I am a vampire lover, I love just about all of them, with the exception of the sparkly ones, and the way Ashley wrote this new breed of those loveable blood suckers will make you question everything you think you know about them. I thoroughly enjoyed this story, and can't wait for the next installment, as she left you hanging badly at the end.
Mary Hartshorn
Apr 07, 2014 rated it did not like it
This book was terrible and hard to fall into. The term for sister, brother, etc. kept changing it seemed for the same character from one page to the next. The author was trying to write the book from it seemed EVERYONE's point of view with no transition or warning between them. The beginning chapter seemed to be promising, but then it became garbled. I do not recommend this book.
Francine
Apr 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I concur with other commEnts. Great read, couldn't put it down. Can't wait for Blood Yellow. I am hooked.
Tonya
2.5 out of 5 stars

For a full review please see the November issue of InD'Tale Magazine.

Corinna Mcmahan
Sep 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. The characters seemed real and believable. They had normal flaws anybody could have yet were able to fight the fight
Laken
Apr 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!
Melissa
Jul 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Loved the characters although the Arabic family names threw me off at first. Liked the different take on the vampire creation story also. Refreshingly different ..
Stephanie
May 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I loved the sorty that was woven. It left me wanting more and I have to wait for Blood Yellow to come out to feed my fix.
Tami Troutt
The characters could have been fleshed out a little more. And the special vocabulary was annoying.
Pat aka Tygyr
Apr 23, 2014 rated it liked it
Zayn and Nicole are siblings. Their parents, the ruling King and Queen, were murdered by a family faction that wants to be rulers. The fight has lasted centuries and across continents. They are vampires. Zayn is King and Nicole trains to be a Warrior. Zayn sets up a test and she fails. To prove herself she sets off to find the enemy. She is captured, tortured, but will not give up the where abouts of her brother/king. The King and soldiers race to her once they know where she was taken. But they ...more

• Alone (Vampires and the Life of Erin Rose, #2)
  • The Eternal Gift (The Eternal Series, #1)
  • Sex and the Single Vamp
  • For the Love of Jazz
  • Once Upon a Remembrance (Women of Strength Time Travel, #1)
  • Sweet, Decadent Fire (Breath of Darkness, #2)
  • Dark Wine & Dark Blood (The Two Vampires, #1-2)
  • The Vampire Relationship Guide: Meeting & Mating (Vampire Relationship Guide, #1)
  • Forever & The Power of One: The Forever Series, Book 1 & 2: A Reverse Harem Paranormal Romance
  • Blood and Loss (Cassandra Myles, Witch, #1)
  • Shadowlife-Hybrid (Shadow Vampires, #3)
  • Vaempires: Revolution (The Evolutionary War #1)
  • Vampire's Eve (Vamp Life #1)
  • Endlessly (Endlessly, #1)
  • Awaken Me (Connected, #1)
  • Dark Season: The Complete First Series (Dark Series, #1-8)
  • Savior (Higher Collective #1)
  • The Princess Problem (A Fairy Tale Romance #2)
Hello, and welcome to my Goodreads page! I am touched you have taken the time to visit me.

Here's a bit about me. My hubby and I have been married over a decade now. Our family has grown to include two perfect kids, two dogs who think they are humans and a cat who thinks he’s a dog, haha!

Writing has always been something that called to me, or rather being creative in one form or another.

I am so t

Blood Series (4 books)
  • Blood White (Blood Series)
  • Blood Yellow (Blood Series)
  • Blood Green