Start by marking “Wucaii” as Want to Read:
Wucaii

Wucaii

It has been 500 years since Aelana has been home, and a lot has changed in that time--including her. As a half-dragon, half-human hybrid, she has been traveling the universe destroying worlds. Both anxious and excited to return, she wonders what she will find. Her memories of home are filled with pain and loss, especially for her first and only love. She knows he won't be ...more
Published April 12th 2013 by MuseItUp Publishing (first published April 10th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Wucaii, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wucaii

Start your review of Wucaii
Dianne
To maintain the balance of the universe, she must confront and destroy the menace...
Enter to win One eCopy from Pembroke Sinclair AND see the awesome new cover!
Click on Banner to Enter - INTL

Sometimes a
Lia
Jan 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
In 5 words: Dragons – Apocalypse – Magic – Badass – Conflicted
If that didn’t convince you yet (I mean come on, who doesn’t like dragons?), there’s more to it.
As the synopsis tells, Wucaii is a book about Aelana, who is partly human and partly dragon (how awesome is that!). The dragons are immortal and destroy worlds, and Aelana has to be the messenger that tells the inhabitants of that world that it’s going to end. But now, it’s the turn to the earth to be destroyed. In Aelana’s past
Minx
This was a very original story. When I read the synopsis about a dragon hybrid I was intrigued. This story focuses on Aelana’s return to her home planet after a five-hundred-year absence. She is very conflicted about this return. She wonders if her sacrifice has been remembered by those that she left behind. Or will they just remember her as the monster they thought she was.

We learn about Aelana’s life through flashbacks. Aelana had once been human and she had a mate named Thoran. Sh
Carla
Dec 19, 2016 rated it liked it
**I received a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review**

Dragons go from planet to planet to destroy the people living on them, but, after Aelana becomes a hybrid between a human and a dragon, everything changes and people finally get a chance to survive.

Now, 500 years after Aelana changed and left her planet, she has to come back, and she doesn't know what people might think of her, since the last time she was here was when she went through her transformation, and ev
Al
Nov 06, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: urban-fantasy
In a reality devasted by a recurrent cataclysmic destruction lies the desire for true love and the will to preserve destiny. As a hybrid, half-human and half-dragon, Aelana has no choice but to uphold the order of the universe, even if it means destroying innocent lives time and time again. Wucaii opens with Aelana trying to prepare herself to face a world she left behind long ago, a world she fears will have no recollection of her existence, or worse, will look upon her with contempt. Despite h ...more
Vera mallard
Dec 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
STORY LINE WUCAII:

In Wucaii, author Pembroke Sinclair, has created an intensely entertaining fantasy fiction novel. Human/dragon hybrid Aelana left home 500 years ago. During her time away, she has saved people and destroyed worlds. She's back bringing salvation for people willing to listen and heed. Having spent her life destroying and saving, Aelana has known trials, tribulations, lost of her lifelong love, and loneliness.

While on her home planet, she will encounter the
Andrea Hatfield
Jul 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I was super excited when I received a copy for an honest review because I LOVE Dragons and enjoy a good apocalyptic read. I couldn't wait to see how she meshed the two together.

Aelana is a half-human, half-dragon hybrid, that travels the universe destroying dying planets so that they may heal from the damage the inhabitants have caused, is heading home after 500 years to bring the apocalypse to her former home. She can't help but wonder what lies in wait for her- have they remembered her after
Brigitte
Jun 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is a different take on the apocalypse. Some are prepared to accept what's been foretold whereas others will try to intervene in order to gain power.

Alaena is half human and half dragon. She is the only hybrid in existence and has lived amongst the dragons for five hundred years. She lost her soul mate when she went through the transition of being human to half dragon. It's now time for her to return to her people to prepare them for the forthcoming apocalypse. Some will be saved and it's u
Flavia
Oct 25, 2016 rated it it was ok
I wasn't sure what to expect from this book when I was approached about it. The cover is definitely not one I would be drawn to in a bookstore. While I know that one should not judge a book by its cover, I think that I would actually be unlikely to even pick this book up in the store, much less flip it over and read the blurb. But since the ratings for this book are fairy decent on Goodreads, I agreed to read and review it.

My first impression when reading the first few pages was that
Clarice
May 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
I have mixed feelings about this book, but I think it's because it's so different. There are very dark undertones to it that aren't going to give you that happy go lucky feeling like the happily ever afters do. No,this is something entirely different. It's the end of the world. And unfortunately there will be very few survivors. The dragons are the harbinger of death and will destroy everything on the planet. This is a scenario Aelana has been through several times and it never gets easier. This ...more
Wulfwyn
Apr 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: horror
I thoroughly enjoyed this book about dragons! I had not realized that I was looking for something new to me until I got into this book. I did find the beginning a bit slow but I understand the need for the background. I did figure out the who was the bad guy right away but this did nothing to impede my enjoyment. I knew who, not the how. The how was awesome, taking me through a range of emotions. I liked the ending, which gave me a moment to calm my emotions.
There was not anything in the book t
Michelle Beer
Feb 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: worth-your-money
It's not often that you read a book about the apocalypse that isn't a mad dash for survival. And there are not nearly enough stories about the apocalypse via dragons out there. More dragon apocalypses please! In this unique and rare story, we see mankind's last hours through the eyes of the one who brings hope to a doomed world.

Aelana is no longer human, yet her humanity is not lost to her completely. She is a half-human, half-dragon hybrid and the harbinger of doom and salvation. It
Anniek
Mar 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Aelana is the perfect mix of human and dragon. She's a myth and a legend. Aelana is called a wucaii, which means royal protector. When the end of the world is near Aelana will choose who will survive and live to rebuild civilization. After 500 years Aelana has returned to earth. She puts on a disguise so that everyone sees her as a human. She once was in love, his name was Thoran. He was appalled when he saw her after her transformation. Aelana lost him for good when he gave his life to save her ...more
Hilary (SongsWroteMyStory)
I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

I will say honestly that I wasn’t really sure what to expect from this book. It’s an apocalyptic story, there are dragon/human hybrids, travel around the universe, and a dose of romance, all jammed into a relatively short book. That’s a lot of stuff going on, and a lot of things I wouldn’t have really put together. So when it came through in an email, I had to give it a go, because I needed to see how you handle a story
Austine (NovelKnight)
Oct 29, 2016 marked it as did-not-finish  ·  review of another edition
I really tried with this one. For two weeks I attempted to read this book, blaming my mood or my busy schedule or stress or, hell, the weather. But when it came down to it, this book just wasn't working for me. I wanted to like it. Trust me, there are dragons involved. If you've ever glanced at my About page you'll know that dragons = MUST READ.

As this book has received several raving reviews prior to my own, I want to start off with my initial impression. The synopsis itself intrigued me and when itme, there
Lin Holmes
May 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Treasures...the book world is an open treasure chest of rare gems...Some are true gold...some copper...some bronze, some tin, some...imitations.

WUCAII, for me, Ladybug Lin, is one of the rarest of literary metals...iridium.

Like the metal, WUCAII is the rarest of literary finds...a book that grabs you, holds you, changes you, and leaves you knowing a part of your soul has been reached.

This book will remain with me in the same way GONE WITH THE WIND by Margaret
Maghon Thomas
One word- DRAGONS!!! I happen to like them very much, but let me say that this one is quite unique. Think dragon apocalypse. Firstly, the dragons come when it’s time for each planet to have a little apocalypse and cleanse it of all the bad, and give it a fresh start, so the planets aren’t completely depleted before it’s too late. There happens to be one girl, who is a dragon shifter hybrid. She was born human, but now is a dragon shifter- she turns into a magnificent dragon. She’s literally the ...more
Nancy (The Avid Reader)
Aelana, half-human/half-dragon has been around for many, many years. Over the course of the years Aelana’s job been to go from planet to planet to help prepare the people for the upcoming apocalypse. Now the time has come for Aelana’s home planet to be destroyed by the dragons.

The visitors/humans was given the privilege of living on planet earth for a long time until planet earth could no longer take all the damage that the humans have bestowed upon it and must now repair itself.

When Aelana fi
Kaitlin
Apr 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
I was provided an ARC in exchange for an honest review.

Pembroke Sinclair did it again! She always takes topics that can be overdone in a heartbeat, but changes them into a literary creation that no one has seen before. Each creation has amazing world building, well-developed characters, and a plot that keeps on giving. Wucaii accomplishes that and then some!

The main character is named Aelana and she is a hybrid meaning she can shift. Though shifting came with a big price.
Shannon
May 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Fantasy readers
Recommended to Shannon by: Pam Labbe
Because I have read a few of Pembroke Sinclair’s books in the past, I was given this one for free in exchange for an honest review. I am off and on with her books so I was interested in how this one would compare to the others.

Wow, where do I start? I read this book in 13 hours (it would have been less, but I have kids I have to chauffer around, lol)! I was engaged in the entire story and was upset when I had to put it down.
I felt it was quite clear to me who the “baddy” was
Sophie
Nov 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
When I started reading this book I felt like it was something special and I wasn't disappointed. With plenty of mystery I could not put it down. It is a interesting take on the apocalypse which was very exciting.

Aelana is a half-human half-dragon hybrid. She travels the universe to prepare them for the destruction of the world so that it can heal the damages the inhabitants have caused. Kalen a police officer, who is the reincarnation of her soulmate Thoran. When the two meet he feel
Becky
Jun 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
Wucaii, definitely not the typical dragon book I expected and I love fantasy books. That's not to say that I didn't like it. On the contrary, I really enjoyed this book. The author had great writing skills and a fantastic imagination. The books begins a little slow, but definetly kicks up after knowing the history. I like the emotional highs and lows. In the end it balances out and makes you wanting for more. I would give this four hearts and a recommend!
Reviewer for Romance Authors That Rock!
Teresa
May 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I received this book for free in exchange for an honest review. The world is dirty, there is evil everywhere and the dragons are sent burn it down to clean it up. Some people are marked for survival but many will die. For the last 500 years Aelana has watched but this time things are different. She meets a reincarnation of Thoran, a friend that died for her. The evil that surrounds the city is strong but can Aelana be stronger. A great fantasy read.
Soccergypsy
Aug 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
** ARC provided in exchange for an honest review. **

This is really more of a 3.5 rating. I enjoyed it more than "like it" but didn't necessarily "really like it". I think my rating reflects that I was able to put it down and walk away from it. Which is a shame as it has all the elements in a story that I prefer. I found it to be a lovely story. I just wish I hadn't been able to put it down.
Brittany Smith
Sep 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book a lot more than I thought I would the storyline was unique and very interesting. The characters were well written. How the author came up with some of the things she did in the book is beyond me but it makes for a great read. This book is a must read for anyone who likes fantasy books.
Rachel Kass
Oct 20, 2016 rated it liked it
This was the first fantasy book in awhile that interested me from start to finish. It was unique, well thought out, and the world it was set in was well developed. I loved that it flipped from her growing up (500 years previous to when the book is set) and the present. The main character is a dragon/human hybrid and that in itself is awesome!
Dalene
Jul 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
First, I would like to thank the author Pembroke Sinclair for giving me this book for an honest review. I love this book, the story is fascinating. The characters are well developed and written. The world building is awesome. The story-line is good, the plot is nicely written and developed. I look forward to reading more from this author, she has done an amazing job with this book.
Ashley
May 03, 2016 rated it it was ok
This book had an interesting concept, but it fell short for me. I couldn't get myself into it and it seemed really boring at times.
Deborah Brown
Apr 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
While this isn't my usually my favorite kind of book, I found myself caught up in the characters, and read the book in one sitting! I definitely recommend!
Emily
Feb 03, 2017

• I'm Only In It for the Parking: Life and laughter from the priority seats
Sign up for my newsletter, and I'll send you an ebook copy of Life After the Undead--my young adult zombie novel!

I am an editor by day and a zombie-killer by night (at least in my books). Since the first time I watched Night of the Living Dead, I have been obsessed with zombies and I often think of ways to survive the uprising.

I have written YA novels about zombies and the tough teens who survi