Start by marking “Picking up the Pieces (Cloverleaf #1)” as Want to Read:
Picking up the Pieces (Cloverleaf #1)

Picking up the Pieces

(Picking up the Pieces #1)

After having her heart broken by the only man she’s ever loved, everything seemed to go downhill for Emerson Grace. It’s taken years, but Emmy is finally starting to pick up the pieces of her broken life. Until the man who destroyed her heart returns, bringing with him the pain of the past.

Published July 1st 2013 by Jessica Prince

Sri
Goodness gracious what a complete and utter piece of shit book.

The plot was choppy, the characters were inconsistent, the narration was contradictory.

I just - I don't even know what to say. There are no words to describe how horrible this book is.

(view spoiler)
Rachel
Duchess Crystal
May 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: jessica-prince
* * * * *

^^^^^Yup. That's right baby. 5 Stars!!
(If I knew how to upload pics onto here, I would have been pimpin some serious as shit stars in this review instead of the ones up above lol)

~I was given this ARC for an honest review~

Picking up the Pieces is the debut novel for up and coming author Jessica Prince.

Emerson Grace -Her whole world goes upside down when her best friend Lucas tells her that he signed up to join the Marine's. She gets angry at him but tries to be strong and support
Coco.V
Nov 08, 2017 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebies
💝 FREE on Amazon today (4/2/2018)!💝

Running from Emmy was the only way Lucas Allen knew he could protect her from the demons he carried with him. After spending one perfect night together, Luke took off, certa
Rejane
Apr 30, 2018 marked it as nope
The heroine didn’t deserve to be written so poorly after all she went through. She was owned to be shown to be a mature and strong woman.
Pitiful

Janja
Jul 30, 2017 added it
Here is the deal: I wont give any rating,cuz 70% of the story was like I was reading another story ( I won't give a name of the book) and the sad part is that I liked this story but I just can't overlook that nagging feeling that the idea of the story was stolen from somewhere else. Sorry.
BookSmacked
Mar 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Why I haven’t read this sooner I beyond me and I’m slapping myself for it because this book was full of emotions.

Turmoil is the first thing I can think of to describe this book. A second chance romance that is paved with heartbreak and anger.

Right off the bat I’ll say that this book had me heart broken and wanting to drown myself in chocolate while at the same time angry and wanting to castrate someone specifically.

I couldn’t help but get invested in this storyline. I’m a sucker for anguish a
NMmomof4
3 Stars

Overall Opinion: This was a 3 solid "just ok" stars read. I was expecting more out of this because of the reviews, but I was kind of disappointed. I didn't hate it, but I didn't love it either. It will probably be one that I will not remember down the line, but as a side note -- it did have a great ensemble of friends as supporting characters.

Storyline: This is Emerson and Luke's story. They met when Luke moved down the street when he was 6 and she was 4 and they became best friends. Af
Lisa
May 14, 2013 added it
I was lucky enough to read an ARC of Jessica's first book.

I loved the way she told the story of Emmy and Luke, who were best friends in high school. After Luke joins the Marines, he leaves Emmy high and dry for eight years, and never looked back. Emmy has some tough times while Luke is gone and when he returns to town, he wants to settle back into the life he left behind.

What he finds instead is that he left more behind than just a few friends and a broken heart and he must not only answer to
Lisa
*ARC Given to Blog for Honest Review*

4 “baby girl” Kisses

Okay so I have to tell you something…this book surprised the crap out of me. The cover…the synopsis…the prologue are all leading me to believe this is a relatively serious book. HA! Fooled you! I’ll get to that in a minute…but what I did get with this book were some insanely awesome characters, some of the best dialogue I have ever read and literally the most laugh out loud moments I’ve had since possibly the Chocolate Lover’s series.

Eme
The plot of this book was very simple. I liked that it didn't make me think too much as the book that I finished yesterday nearly had me blowing a gasket. I, however, did not find the writing in this to be as good as the Colors series, by Jessica Prince. It was less sophisticated or refined, if that makes sense.

What I liked:
1) The alternating povs.
2) No real ow/om drama.

What I didn't like:
1) Maybe it was the shortness of this, but there wasn't too much character or plot development. The plot w
Fiza
Jul 11, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: romance
I've been hearing a lot about this book in a Facebook group and seeing it's currently free on Amazon I decided to give it a shot.

It's a short read about Emerson and Lucas, they're a couple who had split up right before Lucas's deployment as Lucas does something he didn't quite think through. Years later he comes back with reconciliation on his mind. Not knowing that in the time he was fighting for his country Emerson was fighting a war of her own.

I liked the friendships in this book, they're a
Shey Houston
Apr 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
When I was given this I made sure to tell the author that she would get nothing but honesty from me. I don't give my reviews lightly.
With this said Picking Up The Pieces was an amazing story of lost love found, heartache in more ways than you can imagine, laughter that can ease the tears you will have. Friends that are there for each other a bond stronger than any families.
Author Jessica Prince has amazed me with this story, it was written so wonderfully, each character is engaging you feel as
Jessica Prince
Apr 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: mine, my-books
NEW AND IMPROVED

AVAILABLE NOW

description
Corina
May 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
Accidentally I stumbled over this little nice read...and it was a good one. I was hooked in an instant. Very likable MC's and side characters as well. I couldn't put it down and read it in one day.
Sure the story is nothing new, but it was nicely written.
Of course there were some little flaws, but I'm not in the mood to complain, so I say it was a solid 4 stars for me and I really had a good time....Oh and have I mentioned it is FREE on Amazon?!!!
Stacey
May 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Hi guys
I was a lucky beta reader .
This book kept m griped from the word go.
The story line is fantastic
The characters are charming , loveable, heartwarming .
I felt myself feeling for Emmy ,laughing , crying an emotional story
You don't want to miss
I'm hoping there's a next book as I would love to see where this would or could go .
This is more than worth a read its a book that will make you breathless but needing more
Enjoy like I did
Only took me hours to read as I was totally captivated
SamJ ★Needs a HEA★
Free 28/8/15

Amazon UK Link - Picking up the Pieces
Amazon US Link - http://amzn.com/B00DQXNWYY
Jenny
Nov 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2015
I don't know what to rate this!!
I read this in a day, was glued however I got so angry at times, I wanted to hurt Luke!
I knew it would end with a HEA but towards the end I didn't want Emmy to take him back, I like to be more invested in the main male character and felt in this book I wasn't,
So for those reasons this doesn't make it to 5 stars for me.
Barbara
Jun 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
What an emotional roller coaster! LOVED THIS BOOK! Seriously read it in one day! My heart broke for Emmy. Luke's actions made me so angry. I loved their group of friends and how they protected and supported Emmy after all the devastation Luke left behind. Savannah was hysterical and I loved the sarcastic banter between her and Emmy. Beautiful love story that runs the gamut of emotions. Go read!
L.J (Lisa Jane)
Oct 28, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: series, arc
*ARR (Advance Reader Review) - copy provided as a gift in exchange for an honest review...

Sarcastic, snotty, bitchy, funny, sweet, sexy...

”You might be a marine, asshole but ive got a fucking belt in kick-your-ass kwon do! Dont test me!”

Check out my full review as part of a blog tour on Nov. 12th

Go grab this one - you'll enjoy it :)
Emma
Nov 03, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: new-adult
Pretty sure I would have murdered the douche for what he did but more power to you for the forgiveness
Jul 02, 2013 rated it really liked it
Loved it!! Walking dead references... what's not to love!?!
Sugar and Spice Book Reviews
Sep 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing
5 Stars!!!!

An amazing story to read! This is going in my Top Reads for 2013.

Lucas (Luke) & Emerson(Emmy) have grown up together since he moved 3 houses away from hers when he was 6 years old. Luke is 2 years older than Emmy. Throughout growing up, these two have always been there for each other and the very best of friends. Lucas’s home life was a difficult one with his father’s constant beatings & his mother becoming an alcoholic. So these two spent a lot of time together & he was a
Laura Hampton~iScream Books~
5 Amazingly Hot Stars

It is not often that I come across an book that keeps me up nearly all night. Well Picking Up the Pieces did just that! This is Jessica Prince's first book and as far as I am concerned she knocked it out of the park. Told for both lead characters POV and changing from the present to the past and back throughout the story. I love dual POV stories and I love ones that bounce back and forth between the present and past. It helps to really fill in the back story. Let's you real
Renita
Oct 14, 2014 rated it really liked it
*I received a copy of Picking Up The Pieces in exchange for an honest review*

If you're lover of the second chance romance then you'll more than likely love Picking Up The Pieces. As the book begins we get a clear picture of what Emerson and Lucas's relationship was eight years prior to the present. Best friends since the ages of six and eight, they give into their feelings before they go their separate ways, Lucas to basic training and Emmy to college. Coming back to present, eight years from th
Kirsten
This was such a good book. Once I picked it up I couldn't put it down. I really enjoyed reading about Luke earning his place back into his friends lives, because he needed to do that. What he did was wrong, but eventually forgiveable. What he did to Emmy in the process because he thought he was not good enough for her, well, that was wrong too and so not his decision to make. Even more so because they both loved each other and were best friends. Emmy went through a lot during the 8 years that Lu ...more
Vee Paige
Jun 07, 2014 rated it really liked it
Loved this. I'm a fan of second chance romances. I was apprehensive about this first because it seemed the reason they didn't work out the first time was because Luke didn't think he was good enough for Em. That's one of my pet peeves. Thankfully, this book dealt with the part where Luke is determined to win Em back. So really, if you like groveling this one's for you because Luke spent most of the book trying to win Em back. It wasn't easy. A lot of things happened because of that one decision ...more
Alley
Jan 26, 2018 rated it did not like it
Awful

This book is every reason why men don't understand what sexual assault is.

She can't say no to him. She can't walk away from him. He kisses her without consent and demands she kiss him back. He handcuffs her and makes her go with him. She isn't allowed to leave his house, and flips out when she does. That is NOT how you show someone you love them.
Tia
Apr 03, 2014 rated it really liked it
You almost have to like a book with a quote "I'm a guy and it's in our genetic make-up to do stupid ass shit". It's hilarious in spots & that takes away the deep emotions that would normally weigh with this storyline. I think everyone needs a Savannah!
  • Never Goodbye (Albany Boys, #1)
  • Forever (Eternity, #1)
  • Loving Justice: El Camino Real
  • Courting His Countess
  • Going Back
  • Where the Four Winds Collide
  • Thursday Morning Breakfast (and Murder) Club
  • The Bad Boy's Biggest Mistake (The Law Castle Bad Boys #3)
  • Jane, Actually or Jane Austen's Book Tour
  • Task Force Bride (The Precinct: Task Force, #5; The Precinct #21)
  • Silver Heart
  • Progress (Progress, #1)
  • The Darkest Part (Living Heartwood, #1)
  • Saving Amy
  • Friday Night Alibi
  • Noah's Rainy Day (Liv Bergen Mystery #4)
  • Indelible
  • Deep Into the Soul (The Guild Series, #1)
Born and raised around Houston, Jessica is a self proclaimed caffeine addict, connoisseur of inexpensive wine, and the worst driver in the state of Texas. In addition to being all of these things, she’s first and foremost a wife and mom.
Growing up, she shared her mom and grandmother’s love of reading. But where they leaned toward murder mysteries, Jessica was obsessed with all things romance.
Whe

Picking up the Pieces (4 books)
  • Rising from the Ashes (Cloverleaf #2)
  • Pushing the Boundaries (Cloverleaf #3)
  • Worth the Wait
“tucked a loose strand of hair behind my ear. “I know, Emmy.” He spoke so softly I could” 1 likes