Start by marking “Losing Mars (Saving Mars, #3)” as Want to Read:
Losing Mars (Saving Mars, #3)

Losing Mars

(Saving Mars #3)

Jessamyn has survived a terrifying crash but lost her ship, joining Pavel, Ethan, and others in the dissenter settlement of Yucca. Now, Chancellor Lucca Brezhnaya believes Jess is out to destroy the Terran government, and Lucca will stop at nothing to find Jess. The trail of tellurium left in the Mars Raiders’ wake makes them vulnerable to discovery, and when Lucca places ...more
Published April 8th 2013 by Williams Press (first published April 7th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Losing Mars, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Losing Mars

Eunice
Jan 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great series

A snappy, action packed story. No lagging and interestingly kept pace. No idea how the series will play out and happy to keep reading Cidney Swanson.
John Duhon
Mar 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another sleepless night reading!

I'm definitely hooked. I can't wait to see what happens next to Pavel and Jess. Will they defeat the evil Lucca and make it back to Mars? Will love prevail? I'm hopelessly hooked.
(Source: Purchased on kindle from Amazon.co.uk)
This is the third book in the ‘Saving Mars’ series, and kicks off a few days after the end of book 2 ‘Defying Mars’.
**Warning – some unavoidable spoilers for books 1 and 2 ‘Saving Mars’, and ‘Defying Mars’.**
Having stolen and ultimately destroyed her planets only ship capable of travelling from Mars to Earth, and stranded herself on Earth in the meantime, Jessamyn is left trying to solve several problems. The main one being how will she get back to
Brian Foster
May 01, 2013 rated it liked it
In Losing Mars, Cidney Swanson presents the third book of the Saving Mars series and tells of Jess, a Marsian Raider, who is stuck on Earth with seemingly no way to accomplish her mission of saving her planet.

Why to buy this book: Once again, the writing is extremely solid. I blew through the book, and, in general, enjoyed it.

Why not to buy the book: A flaw that crept up in the previous book really became apparent in this one. The protagonist comes across as being weak and whiny to an extent tha
Jen Blackham
Feb 17, 2014 rated it really liked it
I really liked the first two books in this series. I'd been lucky enough to snag them for free, and I was waiting to see if this might be offered free, or as a deal (because the $2.99 price tag ... ok, that's not much, I went ahead and bought it). Heads up, as of TODAY (Feb17, 2014) the entire trilogy is only $.99. I do give it a recommendation! Grab it!

There are two more books in the series... not sure if there are going to be more or if that's it.

This book picked up where the last one ended.
May
Aug 13, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Jessamyn's suspenseful adventure continues in Losing Mars, book 3, of the Saving Mars Series! In this book, Jessamyn is trying to adjust to life on Earth. Which is not that easy, as she starts to feel homesick because sometimes Yucca, where she is residing, reminds her of home. However, that's not the only issue she has to deal with. Now, reunited with her brother Ethan, Pavel, and her friends, Jessamyn is also trying to figure out a way to return home, and warn Mars about Lucca and her accompli ...more
Angela
I was really excited to find out this book had come out after reading the first 2 in the series earlier this year. I have truly enjoyed this series. The world the author has created on Mars and Earth is unique from anything else I have read.

The interaction between Jess & Pavel is great. I enjoyed reading more about Lucca and the body swapping program (what a creepy concept). I am looking forward to the next book. I really want to know what happens next.
Steve
Apr 14, 2013 rated it really liked it
Cindy Swanson delivers another satisfying chapter to her Mars series . Trapped on Earth the Raiders of Mars must find resources and allies to avoid capture. Can they avoid the designs of the chancellor and find a way to go home? The only minus to this book is I have wait for the next one to find out what happens next .
Truitti
May 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I thoroughly enjoyed books 1 through 5 of this series. Book 6, not so much. I loved the idea that humans had a settlement on Mars, and that there developed a "them and us" attitude with both the Marsians and Earthlings. And the whole rebody idea is brilliant. Highly enjoyable. Might have to reread in the near future.
Les
Jan 03, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Third book in Swanson's 'Mars' series. I've liked all three. Her character interaction is believable. Jess is a good main character; strong, but also humanly flawed. I've got several other Swanson books on my 'to-read' ePile of books.
Margo
Oct 04, 2013 rated it really liked it
Part 3 of the series. Our heroine has been reunited with Pavel, her brother, and others, but it's looking like she'll be stuck on Earth with no way back to Mars. Must keep reading to see how this all gets worked out!
Tom Park
May 24, 2013 rated it liked it
This work of the sci fi series had a lot of action and movement, but it was pretty much expected having read the first two books. Would have liked it to wrap up the whole saga, but apparently there will be more drama and angst.
C.J. Darlington
Really enjoyed diving back into the world of Jessamyn again! Even better than Book #2, and up to par with Book #1. I'm hooked and bought Book #4 immediately after finishing. Great space adventure!
Keith Bell
Sep 28, 2013 rated it liked it
Pretty good series. Most of them are free at one point or another on Amazon.
Bob
Jun 05, 2013 rated it really liked it
Continuing the trials of Jessamyn and he fellow Marsians and friend on Earth and they fight the government of Earth and try to find a way back to Mars. Currently working on #4 in the series..
Calysta
May 03, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Absolutely wonderful series, cannot wait for more!
Holly Thames
Feb 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
Enjoyed the story line - a little different which is great.
Darlene
Feb 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
See my review for the boxed set.
Heidi J.
Mar 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: series, ya, sci-fi
Entertaining, fast-moving, clean YA sci-fi lite. Don't take it too seriously, just enjoy the ride!
Matt
Bethany
Dec 20, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 2 May 01, 2015 01:39PM
  • Winter's Scars: The Forsaken (Winter's Saga, #5)
  • Reconnaissance (Paradise Reclaimed, #2)
  • A Vampire on Vacation (The Vampire From Hell, #3)
  • Unhappily Ever After (The Librarian, #2)
  • Bride by Mistake
  • Third Life: Taken (Life First #3)
  • Cassidy Jones and Vulcan's Gift (Cassidy Jones Adventures, #2)
  • Summer Ruins (The Last Year, #4)
  • Shattered (Hidden, #3)
  • Socialpunk (Socialpunk, #1)
  • Thundersword (Guardians Inc., #2)
  • Alchemy
  • Bella Mia (Darkness, #3)
  • Rowena Through the Wall (Land's End, #1)
  • Equites (Heku #4)
  • Agartha's Castaway (Trapped in the Hollow Earth, #1)
  • Doggirl

Saving Mars (6 books)
  • Saving Mars (Saving Mars, #1)
  • Defying Mars (Saving Mars, #2)
  • Mars Burning (Saving Mars, #4)
  • Striking Mars (Saving Mars #5)
  • Mars Rising (Saving Mars #6)