Start by marking “Ten Days to Self-Esteem” as Want to Read:
Ten Days to Self-Esteem

Ten Days to Self-Esteem

Do you wake up dreading the day?
Do you feel ciscouraged with what you've accomplished in life?
Do you want greater self-esteem, productivity, and joy in daily living?

If so, you will benefit from this revolutionary way of brightening your moods without drugs or lengthy therapy. All you need is your own common sense and the easy-to-follow methods revealed in this book by one
Published November 20th 2012 by Harper Paperbacks (first published 1993)

To ask other readers questions about Ten Days to Self-Esteem, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ten Days to Self-Esteem

Start your review of Ten Days to Self-Esteem
Mohammad
Sep 15, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
شکستهای ما و لحظه های ناامیدی، گاهی اوقات می‌توانند بهترین فرصتها را برای پیشرفت، صمیمیت، آگاهی معنوی و پذیرش به ارمغان آورند.
Ian Johnston
Jul 31, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a very practical introduction to Cognitive Behavioural Therapy through a series of lessons and worksheets. It doesn't have to be done in 10 days, really, and I felt taking my time with it was worthwhile.

CBT is all about changing the way you think to change the way you feel. It certainly worked for me. The theory is that no situation causes us to feel something, rather, the way we react to the situation is what causes our feelings. Take the example of a rejection. Rejections are not exact
Jana
It doesn't go like this, not this quickly. Self esteem is a system of belief within our 4 bodies (mental, emotional, physical and spiritual) and you have to caress it with competence, worthiness and pride through repeated actions, affirmations and will power. And it still doesn't grant that you will feel as your best self in all the fields (family, friends, job, relationships, hobbies/interests); and your best self cannot be made within 10 days. Just raising awareness about certain issues is one ...more
Caelie
Mar 27, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction
I'm going through old paperwork and I found the exercises in this book that I did over 5 years ago with a therapist. I frequently come back to some of the tools I learned from this book especially a part on distorted thinking patterns.
Heather Southard
It didn't take all 10 days for me to see the errors in my thought processes...
Mark
Oct 28, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It's good, but a rehash of his original Feeling Good book.
Huong Tran
Apr 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
i love this book because it provides several ways to deal with depression and anxiety, with clear instructions and examples. you need to actually do the tests and "homeworks" though, you will be amazed of how much it will help you getting through rough lonely time, feel more hopeful. and even if you relapse, which i did after a few days, there is a section to help you cope with that as well. remember, dont be too harsh on yourself, the fact that you picked up this book and tried to work on yours ...more
Pooya Saniei
Jan 13, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
مناسب برای خودشناسی و رهایی از احساس شکست و عدم ارزشمندی
Billie Pritchett
Will review later
Fox
May 30, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: my-library
- Don't get the ebook version! This is a workbook. I had to download Adobe Digital Editions to my laptop to be able to see the diagrams/activities properly, as the way they were saved into the ebook, they couldn't be enlarged and were unreadable. I then had to copy the activities into a notebook to be able to do them.
- Some of the beginning is a repeat of information in the Feeling Good book. Not too much though.
- At the start of every chapter, you take 3 tests to assess your self-esteem. My sc
Ayumeko
Aug 05, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Kathryn
this is a great resource...for yourself or clients if you are a therapist. it was annoying how he kept like yelling at me to do the exercises "are you writing this down? you have to write it down for it to work. I know you're not writing...I'll wait" hey...back off mister. but other than that it had lots of helpful exercises and techniques.
Reema
Oct 22, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
With a fair amount of tweaking the tools in this book have the potential to be helpful. But the examples are so droll. The case studies are so limited in demographic representation.

The writing is often condescending.
Faezeh Sharifian
Apr 28, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
عزت نفس ریشه اعتماد به نفس و داربست اصلی ارتباط سالم با خود و دیگران است. آن که خود را عزیز بداند، به خود احترام بگذارد، از هر آن چه موجب خواری است می گریزد و به نیکی و سلامت می گراید. عزت نفس سبب خود دوستی و دیگر دوستی و زمینه ضروری رضامندی و خرسندی است.
Phoebebb
Sep 23, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I didn't get very far before I got tired of filling stuff out. I guess I just wanted something to read and not homework.
Thomas Chau
Feb 25, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
There is a lot of helpful ideas and tools for me.

I recommend it but I would also use other resources available to me for a healthy mental state.
V K
Jan 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
AMAZINGLY useful book. Every person should read it, love it, study it, internalize it
Nikita Golubov
Daily Mood Log — без вопросов простая и эффективная техника, а авторские тесты позволяют отслеживать прогресс в работе с негативными мыслями. Но всё-таки большая часть книги показалась "набивкой": слишком много не связанных друг с другом упражнений и повторений.
Shanyn
May 30, 2013 rated it liked it
bought this book for a class, lots of exercises and ideas- Will be using this book again, taking class again
Kelly
Apr 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
putting aside for the present - go A LOT of value out of the first half
Larissa
May 29, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
a REAL life saver...
Jen
Oct 06, 2009 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-for-work
Read this for work and it was a bit over the top... I don't know, it just didn't gel with me.
Nathaniel Smith
Dec 15, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book for anyone struggling with Self-Esteem.
Beth
Sep 29, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2012, for-fun
Burns provides highly useful information for coming to terms with one's mood state and underlying causes of anxiety, although I found the "clinical" mode of the book a little off-putting.
Saeed Bazmi
May 11, 2015
Mark
Nov 28, 2014

• Ask and It Is Given: Learning to Manifest Your Desires
  • Cognitive Behavioral Therapy Made Simple: 10 Strategies for Managing Anxiety, Depression, Anger, Panic, and Worry
  • Negotiating for Success: Essential Strategies and Skills
  • The Fuck It List: All The Things You Can Skip Before You Die
  • All That Man Is
  • Mindfulness in Plain English
  • The Hidden Persuaders
  • It Will be Okay: Trusting God Through Fear and Change (Little Seed & Little Fox)
  • The 1-Page Marketing Plan: Get New Customers, Make More Money, And Stand out From The Crowd
  • The Sandman (Sandman Audible Original, #1)
  • Healing Chakras: Awaken Your Body's Energy System for Complete Health, Happiness, and Peace
  • Excluded: Making Feminist and Queer Movements More Inclusive
  • Inclusify: The Power of Uniqueness and Belonging to Build Innovative Teams
  • Trans Bodies, Trans Selves: A Resource for the Transgender Community
  • The Il Fornaio Baking Book: Sweet and Savory Recipes from the Italian Kitchen
  • The Relationship Cure: A 5 Step Guide to Strengthening Your Marriage, Family, and Friendships
  • The Coaching Habit: Say Less, Ask More & Change the Way You Lead Forever
  • Its Okay to Manage Your Boss: The Step-By-Step Program for Making the Best of Your Most Important Relationship at Work
David D. Burns is an adjunct professor emeritus in the Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences at the Stanford University School of Medicine and the author of the best-selling book Feeling Good: The New Mood Therapy. Burns popularized cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) when his book became a best seller during the 1980s.

Burns received his B.A. from Amherst College in 1964 and his M.D. fro

Related Articles

“In one sense, depression can feel even worse than cancer, because most cancer patients feel hope as well as self-esteem.” 0 likes
“Characteristics of Healthy, Constructive Anger Characteristics of Unhealthy, Destructive Anger 1. You express your feelings in a tactful way. 1. You deny your feelings and pout (passive aggression) or lash out and attack the other person (active aggression). 2. You try to see the world through the other person’s eyes, even if you disagree. 2. You argue defensively and insist there’s no validity in what the other person is saying. 3. You convey a spirit of respect for the other person, even though you may feel quite angry with him or her. 3. You believe the other person is despicable and deserving of punishment. You appear condescending or disrespectful. 4. You do something productive and try to solve the problem. 4. You give up and see yourself as a helpless victim. 5. You try to learn from the situation so you will be wiser in the future. 5. You don’t learn anything new. You feel that your view of the situation is absolutely valid. 6. You eventually let go of the anger and feel happy again. 6. Your anger becomes addictive. You won’t let go of it. 7. You examine your own behavior to see how you may have contributed to the problem. 7. You blame the other person and see yourself as an innocent victim. 8. You believe that you and the other person both have valid ideas and feelings that deserve to be understood. 8. You insist that you are entirely right and the other person is entirely wrong. You feel convinced that truth and justice are on your side. 9. Your commitment to the other person increases. Your goal is to feel closer to him or her. 9. You avoid or reject the other person. You write him or her off. 10. You look for a solution where you can both win and nobody has to lose. 10. You feel like you’re in a battle or a competition. If one person wins, you feel that the other one will be a loser. Now that you’ve examined sadness and anger, I’d like you to compare healthy fear with neurotic anxiety. What are some of the differences? Think about the kinds of events that might bring on these feelings, how long the feelings last, whether the thoughts are realistic or distorted, and so forth. See if you can think of five differences, and list them here. The answer to this exercise is on page 88. Try to come up with your own ideas before you look. Characteristics of Healthy Fear Characteristics of Neurotic Anxiety 1. 1. 2. 2. 3. 3. 4. 4. 5. 5. Similarly, healthy remorse is not the same as neurotic guilt. What are some of the differences? List them here. Characteristics of Healthy Remorse Characteristics of” 0 likes