Start by marking “The Night Is Watching (Krewe of Hunters, #9)” as Want to Read:
The Night Is Watching (Krewe of Hunters, #9)

The Night Is Watching

(Krewe of Hunters #9)

The dead of night

The Old West town of Lily, Arizona, is home to the Gilded Lily, a former theater…and bawdy house. These days, it offers theatrical productions geared to tourists, but the recent discovery of a skull, a real skull, among the props and costumes shakes everyone up.

So, who do you call? The Krewe of Hunters, a special FBI unit of paranormal investigators. In
Published May 28th 2013 by Harlequin MIRA

To ask other readers questions about The Night Is Watching, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Night Is Watching

Start your review of The Night Is Watching (Krewe of Hunters, #9)
ᴥ Irena ᴥ
The is the best Krewe of Hunters so far. I really enjoyed it. While previous books in the series were entertaining enough for me to continue reading the series, this one doesn't have some of the annoying things most of the other books have: occasional annoying heroine or hero, unbelievable attraction or silly villains. After reading the eighth book in the series I came to a conclusion that I prefer the stories centered around events from American history. This story confirmed it.

The Night is
☕️Kimberly
May 16, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 The Night is Watching is the ninth book in the Krewe of Hunters, but each of them can be read as a standalone. Each book in the series deals with a new case for the special paranormal unit of the FBI and focuses on one of member of their unit and their romance. In this tale the past and present intertwine as dead bodies from the past and present begin to appear. I quickly became swept up in the mystery. Three word review: ghost-town, suspense, legends.

The Night is Watching takes us to the
Kimberly
May 27, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
Review featured on www.books-n-kisses.com

3.5 Stars While an interesting story this book just did not have the flare that Graham’s books usually have. I didn’t feel that Sloan and Jane had the connection that most of the characters have in her stories. And in all honestly all the characters seemed so snippy to each other that it was distracting. There were many moments of mean-spiritedness in this story. I am not sure why because that is not common in Graham’s books but every character seemed so
Susanne Leist
Oct 07, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The story is a cute mystery with dead bodies appearing from the past and present. It has creepy ghosts and a dark basement. Mannequins move in the dark. Love blooms between the two main characters. It follows the formula for most of Heather Graham's books. I just wish that her clues led to a specific bad guy. As in all her books, the clues could lead to any number of people, as if the author decided at the last possible moment who was to be her murderer.
Meghan
May 01, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Jane and Sloan’s story is a fantastic paranormal spin on the classic who done it. It was a good blend of history, legend and present plots. Greed and romance met in a saloon and ghost town. Jane has been an interesting member of the Texas Krewe so I was glad to see how elaborate and fun her story was. Sloan May be one of my favorite partners so far and I am excited to see more of him/them in the future.

This was a fast and fun read. While I had my suspicions about who was at fault I was
Amanda Baer
Jun 09, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great read, love the ghost stories by Heather Graham... thankfully there are lots in this series!
V
Jul 02, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Entertaining, funny, ghostly, I liked it.
Narrator, as always Perfection!!
Dianne
A modern day ghost story in a town that hints of the Old West, The Night is Watching by Heather Graham may just have you looking over your shoulder next time you visit an old hotel…or an old theater…or anywhere else where the claim to fame are its ghosts haunting the town! Forensic artist, FBI special paranormal investigations agent, Jane Everett mosies into the Old West town of Lily, Arizona to reconstruct the face of an old skull found among the props and costumes of an old theater. Turns out, ...more
Laura Agnella
Jun 22, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Review: The Night is Watching

I've read several sets of Heather Graham's "Krewe of Hunters" novels and enjoyed them. They always have a nice combination of suspense, romance, and mystery, usually involving something "ghostly." The criminal's however, are usually human.

This book focuses on Jane Everett, an FBI agent who can often see the dead and who is also a forensic artist. She is called out to a small, supposedly haunted town in Arizona to investigate a very old skull that was found in a
Aparna
Dec 17, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Stars: 3.5 / 5
Recommendation: Yes, pick it up for a mystery involving paranormal activities.

The Night is Watching is the ninth book in the Krewe of Hunters series by Heather Graham and published in May of 2013. This time around the plot revolves around Jane Everett - the last member of the Texas Krewe and a talented artist - and Sloan Trent - Sherriff at Lily, Arizona.

Krewe are a secret FBI unit with each member of the unit honing a particular psychic talent of their own making them the
Amber
Well that was quite a pleasant surprise! This was a slightly complicated one and what cracks me up (view spoiler) (and that IS a big spoiler, so) Maybe it's just me, but I felt like there was a hint of Agatha Christie in this one. I think it's the small town thing. But it was a super fun read. Recommend.
Harlequin Books
"Graham really brings the red-hot-romance and suspense in the latest installment in her Krewe of Hunters series. The mystery surrounds a heist more than 200 years old, with present-day implications thrown in. All of the characters in the book are extremely likable, with some returning favorites from past Krewe books. The ghosts are an interesting addition to the cast, as Graham adds romance to the story with a fantastic couple." RT Book Reviews, rated 4 1/2 stars

Krewe of Hunters series
Otter’s Little Bookshelf
Would I recommend? Yes! .

Things I liked: This book is a page turner, I just couldn’t put it down. I loved the whole twist at the end of the book. I love how these books can be a one day read (when I have the chance). There is a reference of a third Krewe team but it is not names as of yet. I can’t wait to see what happens to it. As well as Sloan Trent was asked to join.
Heather Graham books aren’t deep, they are fun for people that want a short book about paranormal mystery and romance. .

Things
Veronica
In the beginning, Jane says “our unit - the second of three...” which means they’re setting up for the next Krewe to take over the series. this made me interested but also felt that I have lost connections with the original character...

About halfway through the novel (borrow from digital library 'Overdrive,') the author mistyped Jennie for Jane. it's easily mistaken given how close their names could be argued.

I was also getting the characters of Valerie and Alice confused. They almost seemed
Marti
This was a bit better than a 3 star but not enough to merit 4. This author does a nice job of taking her characters and plots to different settings and describing them well. This one was set in a small town near Tucson, AZ. The artist Krewe member, Jane, finally gets a guy who will apparently show up again in a later book as a member or leader of a third Krewe. There were quite a few characters to keep up with in this novel which made them seem less alive than in books with more fully-developed ...more
Johanna Sawyer
Mar 28, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Thanks Netgalley for a great book to read and review

Wow what a ghost story! Loved it. The small town of Lily was once a silver mining town during the years of the big gold rush. An unsolved missing person mystery is one of the big highlights of the old theater in Lily, Arizona called the Gilded Lily. A skull is found and FBI members of the team Krewe are sent in. Jane and Sloan have an instant chemistry which fuels the book, not to mention the rich history of the town, and the town folk. I
Ruby
Nov 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Night is Watching is a thrill seeking, need to know page turner, with not just one mystery but, has mysteries in the mystery itself. Each character is strategically placed for the perfect role in the plots; from Agent Jane Everett, Logan and Kelsey (Krewe Members) to the local sheriff department with Sloan Trent and the local businesses like the theater, stables and the bed and breakfast old Jail. The way everything and everyone is placed leads up to an insane ending. I never even thought ...more
Linda
Nov 16, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another great book by Heather Graham. She has such an ability to tell a great story and teach history at the same time. This story takes place in Lily, Arizona and encompasses a old tale of murder and stolen gold when the West was young. Jane Everett is called to Lily when an old skull was discovered in the basement of the local theater by the Sheriff Sloan Trent. It was Jane's job to recreate the face in order to get answers about what happened to this person. There is a lot of mystery and ...more
May 06, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 Stars

Another enjoyable Krewe of Hunters book. I found this one to be one of the creepiest so far. I loved that it took place in a wild west (think Tombstone) kind of location with an old theater as the main setting.

I thought I knew who the bad guy was (and I was partly correct); but the story did keep me guessing. I liked Jane and Sloan, they were a great couple. I did enjoy that they brought Logan and Kelsey in from the previous books; but didn't bring in everyone because there was already a
Julie
May 30, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Though the ghosts in this story terrified most of the townspeople, our heroines and heroes found them quite helpful. A gold shipment disappeared a hundred years ago, and it looks like some people in town think they can find it and are willing to kill to do so. Luckily, the ghosts remember what happened 100 years ago, and also can warn of pending danger now. Since I believe in helpful or at least friendly ghosts since living in a haunted house, I enjoy this series immensely.

Wonda
Feb 26, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4! Okay...Just when I thought I was incorrect in the assumption, a third Krewe could exist!!! Seriously? Why? I realize these are acts of fiction BUT I like to have a bit of reality thrown in...3 Krewes of 6...overkill much? YET...I am absolutely loving these stories otherwise! I love the past meeting up with the present in the form of murder and mayhem...Who Doesn't?
Donna
Jul 25, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Unfortunately this wasn't as good as the last Krewe novel. Don't get me wrong - it was filled with an old murder mystery, folks lying and betraying, missing gold, and a romance with an HEA. My issue was that the rich history was not there. Not like Book 8, with its detail about Philadelphia and the surrounding area. It was a good book, and I enjoyed it - just not quite as much as the last one...
Linda
Oct 12, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Old West town of Lily, Arizona, is home to the Gilded Lily, a former theater and bawdy house.
The Krewe of Hunters, special FBI agent Jane Everett and town sheriff, Slone Trent reach into the past to solve a murder. Great mystery involving a historic stagecoach robbery and gold heist.
Love it.
Cynthiaj
Nov 07, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
I didn't like the setting although that is probably just the name of the bar/theater. Otherwise, this was more mystery and less romance than some of the other Krewe books. depends on what one is reading/listening for whether that is good or bad.
Trudy
Aug 06, 2018 rated it did not like it
Apparently Harlequin is getting sneaky!

If I'd known this book was a Harlequin, I wouldn't have wasted my time. It was listed with the real books at my library. Guess I'll need to be more careful in future!
Lori
Jun 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another great Krewe Of Hunters book! This one takes place in Lily, Arizona. Jane Everett is called to help Sloan Trent try to uncover the mystery behind an old skull that has been discovered. Mystery, mayhem and ghosts from the past! Great story that kept me glued until the very last page!
Vicki
Jane Everett is an FBI agent, a member of their Krewe Hunters and a forensics artist. She was asked to come to Lily, Arizona when they found a skull on a shelf in the theater. There are murders past and present to be solved. This is an awesome read.
Kerrymgoodall
Feb 22, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very good. Enjoyed the twists.
Ingrid Stephens
Oct 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another gem. These are so much fun to read.
Nicole
Jul 31, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Mystery, history, and character wise this was pretty meh.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• When Bruce Met Cyn... (Visitation, North Carolina, #3)
  • Born to Be Wild
  • Strangers She Knows (Cape Charade, #3)
  • Vendetta in Death (In Death, #49)
  • If Looks Could Kill
  • Never Sleep with Strangers
  • Beyond Eden
  • Down In New Orleans
  • Buried Beneath the Boarding House: A Shocking True Story of Deception, Exploitation and Murder (True Crime)
  • A Buckhorn Bachelor (Buckhorn Brothers, #5.4)
  • Ghostly Seas: A Harper Harlow and Rowan Gray Mystery
  • Boone (Buckhorn Brothers, #5.7)
  • The Boy Who Lived with the Dead (Inspector Albert Lincoln #2)
  • The Remains of the Dead (A Ghost Dusters Mystery, #1)
  • A Buckhorn Summer (Buckhorn Brothers, #5.3)
  • Give it Up
  • Twist of Fate (Heartbreaker Bay, #8.5)
  • Beautifully Broken Spirit (Sutter Lake, #3)
Also published as Heather Graham Pozzessere and Shannon Drake.

New York Times and USA Today best-selling author Heather Graham majored in theater arts at the University of South Florida. After a stint of several years in dinner theater, back-up vocals, and bartending, she stayed home after the birth of her third child and began to write, working on short horror stories and romances. After some

Krewe of Hunters (1 - 10 of 31 books)
  • Phantom Evil (Krewe of Hunters, #1)
  • Heart of Evil (Krewe of Hunters, #2)
  • Sacred Evil (Krewe of Hunters, #3)
  • The Evil Inside (Krewe of Hunters, #4)
  • The Unseen (Krewe of Hunters, #5)
  • The Unholy (Krewe of Hunters, #6)
  • The Unspoken (Krewe of Hunters, #7)
  • The Uninvited (Krewe of Hunters, #8)
  • The Night Is Alive (Krewe of Hunters, #10)
  • The Night Is Forever (Krewe of Hunters, #11)