Start by marking “Clean & Dirty (Psy-Changeling, #9.1)” as Want to Read:
Clean & Dirty

Nalini Singh

Clean & Dirty

(Psy-Changeling #9.1)

Short story featured in Nalini Singh's newsletter April 2013.
This story happens around the same time as Play of Passion and features Vaughn and Faith.
Published April 2013

To ask other readers questions about Clean & Dirty, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Clean & Dirty

Sophia Triad
A scene from the everyday life of Vaughn and Faith.
Faith as a Psy learning to be without emotions most of her life, finally is able to laugh freely.

She giggled, and it was a silly, girlish sound. A sound she’d never made as a girl or as a young woman, trained as she’d been to be Silent, without emotion, her every action monitored for signs of mental degradation. Even now, she only ever did it in Vaughn’s presence.
Dee
I love reading these little titbits that Ms Singh leaves for us on her website and long may they continue! ...It was great catching up with Vaughn and Faith and despite this only being a few pages it is evident to see that they love each other very deeply.

Looking forward to Vasics story which comes out in June.
Apr 12, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2014
Clean and Dirty is a free short story available to read on Nalini Singh's website. It fits into the time line during Play of Passion but has no spoilers so as long as you've read Vaughn & Faith's book (Visions of Heat) you're OK to read this.

I loved seeing this couple so happy and settled into their relationship. This is only a quick read but it's obviously Faith & Vaughn are crazy about each other and that they make time to have fun together as a couple. As with all of these shorts my o
Kathy Davie
Sep 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
A short and free story, 9.1 in the Psy-Changeling paranormal romance series which revolves around two packs of shifters just outside San Francisco. The couple focus in "Clean and Dirty" is on Faith NightStar and Vaughan. If you're interested, there is a chronological listing of the Psy-Changeling books on my website.

My Take
While it takes place around the time of Play of Passion , 9, it does work as a standalone tale in this too-short peek in at life at home with Faith and Vaughn, using third pe
Sophia
Mar 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: pnr-uf
Delightful! Absolutely delightful!

Loved this peek-in with Vaughn and Faith in a sweet, humorous, and passionate vignette set in their home. They are playful and stunning together as a couple. I was glad for this follow-up with them.
Lucy Qhuay
Apr 22, 2015 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: fans of the series/author

Faith and Vaughn aren't my favourites, but it's always nice to see the couples fooling around and just being happy. :)
Charlie
I just love these little shorts. They're a great way to revisit characters and get a glimpse into their lives. As always, Vaughn and Faith are adorable.
Mariana Bezerra
Apr 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Loved to see some normal day to day for Faith and Vaughn. That cat knows how to spend the life and his house is now super clean. Loved Faith and these two need some cubs to play with.
Ellis
This was very cute and I love how Nalini keeps thinking of scenes for all her couples after they’ve had their own book (except for Dev and Katya, apparently, which I personally don’t mind but also find hilarious for some reason), but I think this would have had a bigger impact on me if I’d read it closer to Visions of Heat.
Me Like Reading
This short story just proves the author’s accomplished writing skills when not even shitty coffee or marble dust can dampen the steam factor - in and out of the hot shower - written about a not-exactly-a-favourite couple, no less!
TinaMarie

From Ms. Singh's newsletter
Stacy
Aug 21, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2019, fantasy-romance
cute little side story featuring Vaughn and Faith.
Erin
Another enjoyable little slice of life.

Vaughn and Faith and a dirty cave needing to be cleaned.
Adellis
Apr 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
So sweet, I missed Vaughn and Faith...
Brittany
May 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Catching up with Vaughn and Faith 🐯🧠
Angel Padillo
Jan 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
A cute short story about Faith and Vaughn
Tiffany
Jan 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: pnr, erotica, romance, sci-fi
Some sexy sexy time with Faith and Vaugh. Her trying to clean and him making them dirty, dirty. I also had no idea what a civet was-a striped, spotted jaguar/cat looking mammal, FYI.
Sajal
Jan 01, 2019 rated it liked it
Hate to sound like a broken record, but...cute.
Sheila Melo
Dec 02, 2014 rated it really liked it
CLEAN AND DIRTY is another of Singh's short vignettes that are additions to her Psy-Changeling series. CLEAN AND DIRTY features Vaughn and Faith from VISIONS OF HEAT. In this short story, Faith and Vaughn clean their home and more. This was a cute story and I appreciate the view into the normal life of these characters away from the drama and angst of the main storyline. It was nice to see how their relationship has progressed since the events of their book. This is a very short story but it is ...more
Kat
Dec 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
I look forward to getting my monthly newsletter so I can read these short excerpts of my favourite series characters.
I will and always will return to the Psy-Changling world for a pick me up read. and if you like myself love to re-read the series or want a quick read then bookmark Nalini's website so you can dive back into her awesome world time and time again
Dali
Dec 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Faith and Vaughn are one of my favorite couples. Well, they almost all are truth be told. But there’s something special about it. Something incredibly sexy about their relationship.
… he put down the datapad and resumed his stalking, she pointed a finger. “House! Cleaning!”
“I’d rather make you dirty, Ms. Faith NightStar.” Jumping over the sofa with feline ease, he chased her into the bedroom.

See what I mean!
Kathy
Jun 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
Psy-Changeling #9.2
Clean & Dirty features Faith and Vaughn one day at home. It's a fun little short. Enjoy!

Read:
June 17, 2017 - Free on the Author's Website
July 12, 2019 – FREE on the author's website
Louisa
Feb 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: re-reads
Such a great story, loved reading about these two again! So sweet!

*First read April 9th, 2016*
Loved this story, it was just so sweet with the cleaning and the teasing! And I think I've heard of that coffee before, though I'll never understand how it happened, or why it's wanted!
R.
Feb 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
Laura Beth
Nalini Singh gives her readers a wonderful set of free short stories and deleted scenes. The can be found here:

Take the time to read them. They provide an insightful look at the things that Singh thinks about her characters but does not have room for in her novels.
Izy
Oct 05, 2014 rated it really liked it
Nalini singh writes short stories of her series as a part of her monthly newsletters. These are kind of a life slices stories, catching up with the character of what they have been upto or some of the scenes from the past we never got to see.
Vicky (the Blowtorch-Wielding OotCDCB™)
*contented sigh*. I missed Vaughn and Faith so much in the last couple of books! This short story gives a little glimpse into their everyday happily-mated life.

This is the best kind of brain candy! Perfect to have some fun and it leaves you with an ear-to-ear grin.
Rebecca

Damn, Nalili really knows how to write these the right way. Vaughn and Faith are another of my favourite couples, and it's always a pleasure reading about their lives without all the fuss in the books.

• An Enchanted Season (Psy-Changeling #0.5; Murphy Sisters #1)
  • The Magical Christmas Cat (Breeds, #12.5; Feline Breeds, #11; Murphy Sisters, #2; Psy-Changeling, #3.5)
  • Burning Up (Psy-Changeling, #0.5; Children of the Sea, #3.5; Iron Seas, #0.5)
  • The Hook (Iron Seas, #0.6)
  • Careful What You Ask For (Chattanooga Supernaturals, #4)
  • Curran Twitter, The Wilson Building (Kate Daniels #5.7)
  • Resonance (Holloway Pack, #2.5)
  • Magic Strikes - Hot Tub (Curran POV #5)
  • Vampire Fight Club (Lords of Deliverance, #1.5; Demonica, #6.5)
  • Steal the Sun (Thieves, #4)
  • Taking the Gloves Off: Mason and Jessica (Vampire Queen #7.5)
  • Chosen Pride (L'Ange, #3)
  • Lesser Evils (Infected #6)
  • Leap of the Lion (The Wild Hunt Legacy, #4)
  • Bear With Me (Halle Shifters, #2.5)
  • The Firebird and Other Stories (Beings in Love, #5)
  • Diamond Dust (Takhini Wolves Book 3)
  • The Perfect Valentine's Day (A Little Bite of Love, #1.5)
I've been writing as long as I can remember and all of my stories always held a thread of romance (even when I was writing about a prince who could shoot lasers out of his eyes). I love creating unique characters, love giving them happy endings and I even love the voices in my head. There's no other job I would rather be doing. In September 2002, when I got the call that Silhouette Desire wanted t ...more

Psy-Changeling (1 - 10 of 18 books)
  • Slave to Sensation (Psy-Changeling #1)
  • Visions of Heat (Psy-Changeling #2)
  • Caressed by Ice (Psy-Changeling #3)
  • Mine to Possess (Psy-Changeling #4)
  • Hostage to Pleasure (Psy-Changeling, #5)
  • Branded by Fire (Psy-Changeling, #6)
  • Blaze of Memory (Psy-Changeling #7)
  • Bonds of Justice (Psy-Changeling, #8)
  • Play of Passion (Psy-Changeling #9)
  • Kiss of Snow (Psy-Changeling, #10)