Start by marking “Type” as Want to Read:
Type

Type

After the fallout from the Social Media Era, when rates of divorce, crime, and mental illness were sky-rocketing, civilization was at its breaking point. As a result, prominent psychologists from around the globe gathered together to try to regain social order through scientific means.

Their solution? Widespread implementation of Myers-Briggs personality typing, with each c
Published June 1st 2013 by Five Rivers Publishing (first published April 17th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Type, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Type

Christine Hart
Jun 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
This story surprised me in hitting close to home. If I had read it when I worked at an employment centre, I would have focused only on the Myers Briggs testing (I'm an INFJ) and how it had molded the future world of the book. But I read it years later as a parent and the effect was much more powerful, especially as I watch my children develop emotionally and academically within an imperfect school system. I also found it interesting that this dystopian future is founded in something very much co ...more
B.D. Morris
Jun 24, 2013 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book. Hendley did a beautiful job of weaving factual psychology with an intriguing fiction story.

The story centers around 12 year old Sophie who is living in a not to distant future where everyone's life path (career, spouse, etc.) is determined by their Myers Briggs Personality Test (MBPT) results. When extroverted Sophie learns she will be going to a different secondary school than her introverted best friend, she decides to take matters into her own hands and lies durin
Beth ~~Just One More Chapter I Swear~~
~~~~~~4.5 Stars~~~~~~

I came upon this book in a roundabout way. I was offered a free copy of the second book in the series (Type2) and I found the premise of the series so interesting that I just had to have it, to start with book #1. I am SO thankful that I had because this book was AWESOME!! It has a very Divergent like feel in some respects, like a distant relative...a cousin perhaps, but it is on par if not better than its stereotyping relative.The nuances behind the whole ideology of Typolo
Michael Fletcher
Apr 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I'm not a huge fan of YA novels, and I (seriously) didn't expect to be drawn into the POV of a 12 year old girl. And yet...

When was the last time a novel sent you scurrying off to google stuff about your own personality (Myers Briggs) or caused you to pester your wife and friends to take the same test in the hopes of getting a peek into their psyches?

If I have one complaint about this book, it's this: It ended.
Maialen
May 29, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: english, first-reads
The ending was so sudden... I really loved this book, it demonstrates how people can let go and lose their focus, not even realizing about it.
Also kind of reflects where society is going and that all goverment models can go wrong.
Andrea
Jul 01, 2013 rated it did not like it
DNF
Katy
May 31, 2013 rated it liked it
Surprisingly dark dystopian YA about a society where everyone's role is decided by a Myers-Briggs test at age twelve. Interesting read, but it ends quite abruptly.
Lori Martin
Aug 09, 2013 rated it liked it
Really enjoyed the concept of this book. Interesting look at the future. However, I was very surprised at the ending. It was very sudden. I was left wanting more...
Ning
Oct 14, 2017
Cecilia Dunbar Hernandez
Oct 07, 2015
Tiffany
rated it did not like it
Jan 11, 2015
Jan 19, 2015
Shannon T
is currently reading it
Jul 18, 2015
Alicia Hendley is a PhD in clinical psychology, and when not writing is a psychologist in the counselling centre at the University of Waterloo where she primarily works with young adults.

Her debut novel, A Subtle Thing, releases July 1, 2010."