Start by marking “The Chocolate Rose (Amour et Chocolat, #3; La Vie en Roses, #0.5)” as Want to Read:
The Chocolate Rose (Amour et Chocolat, #3; La Vie en Roses, #0.5)

The Chocolate Rose

(Amour et Chocolat #3)

Her father’s worst enemy...

Top chef Gabriel Delange never forgave his old nemesis Pierre Manon for all the other chef had cost him.

One stolen rose...

And he most certainly couldn’t stand the sight of his own most famous dessert, the legendary Rose, claimed as Pierre’s own on the cover of his new cookbook.

A substitute victim...

But even Gabriel could hardly go through with a
Published April 10th 2013 by AOS Publishing (first published April 9th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about The Chocolate Rose, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Chocolate Rose

Nalini Singh
Feb 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Honestly, I love everything Laura Florand writes. I absolutely ADORE her entire Chocolate series. (I inhaled five of them in the space of three days!!).

If you haven't tried her, do!
SueBee★bring me an alpha!★
 photo free neon Pi7 by sb_zps159tywwc.gif

FREE on Amazon US today (9/12/2015)

Stand-alone book 3.

BLURB:
Her father’s worst enemy...

One stolen rose...

A substitute victim...

But even Gabriel could hardly go through with a lawsuit when he learned the older chef had just had a stroke. Es
Susana

Recipe for an almost perfect contemporary romance:

_Prepare the setting: Provence

_Add roses and jasmine to taste

_Get ready to get lost in a small quirky village

(I also live in a small town but unfortunately the thing has no quirkiness at all to it. Also I would be crazy to walk amongst its tiny dark streets in the centre of the old part of the city at night...

Fortunately I have my own Garden, so not all is lost! :D)

_Finally, get ready to meet the love of your life: He's really tall...
willaful
May 06, 2013 rated it really liked it
3 1/2 stars. Once upon a time, a man stole a beautiful rose from a beast. And when the beast roared in anger about the theft, the man's daughter offered to sacrifice herself for her ailing father's sake. So the beast asked her to stay and write a cookbook with him.

Jolie ("pretty" in French) fears that learning he's being sued will be the nail in her father's coffin; he's already depressed after a stroke that left him unable to do the deft work required of a top chef. So she goes to throw hersel
Sam (AMNReader)
I read these with the same expectations as I read fairytales, fantasy etc. Parts are overdone, overexaggerated, the characters don't feel real necessarily (but not horribly so), but they are sexy breezy reads. And total escapes.

Jasprit
She gritted her teeth, torn between the overwhelming desire to hit him and the one to completely give in, to be just -easy. Just go with it. Just get hauled of to somewhere dark and dangerous and growled at some more

I’m going to have to say that The Chocolate Rose has been my favourite book so far of the Amour et Chocolate series, I adored the first two books; The Chocolate Thief and The Chocolate Kiss, and the fantastic antagonistic relationships that Florand was able to weave into her stories,
namericanwordcat
Oh, I am having so much fun reading this great series.

Its charming. I adore the heroes and the heroines. This one is very funny as neither the heroine or the heroine can stop thinking about sex. This smoldering makes for a great slow seduction and make outs

I love how open hearted and steadfast the hero is. Love it. I love that the heroine faces real dilemmas.

And then we have chocolate and the South of France and romantic gestures and everything else.

Another five star read for me. I don't think
Joy (joyous reads)
Jan 01, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: in-my-kindle
Top chef Gabriel Delange has an ax to grind. He can’t believe that the man who fired him after he’d earned him a three-star now has the gall to put out a book with his recipes.

So then he filed a lawsuit against him, and once again couldn’t believe that the man would send his daughter to try and soothe his feathers. But maybe all is not lost. Because as soon as he sees the beautiful Jolie Manon and mistakes her for prospective sous chef, albeit, an incompetent one, he knows he can try to work it
Lisa
First read; May 2015:

OH MY GOD YOU GUYS

.....yea that's basically my thought about this book, lots of OMGs and !!!!!

Gabriel, Gabriel, Gabriel. He's so much like his cousin Matt, all beastly and alpha male-y, but really just teddy bears in disguise. A marshmallow, said Jolie. I love this a lot lot lot.

Reread; June 2016:

me, a big fan of dirty talk and sexual innuendos in romance, is very very VERY much a fan of this book. but you already know that.

Reread; May 2017:

oh god I forgot how funny this bo
April White
Feb 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
There's a confidence in this Frenchman that is alluring, and loveliness in the language that immersed me in food and sensuality and lust. It's the sort of romance that is unashamedly romantic and I loved it.
Jess
Apr 10, 2013 rated it really liked it
I liked this so much. I said this to Grace yesterday, but I really enjoy the way Laura Florand takes these controlling, know-it-all alphas and introduces them to these women that utterly FLUMMOX them. It just completely and totally works for me.

Random things: I see what she meant about this being a bridge book and I'm defintely into the world she's building around the Rosier clan. That doorway scene. *fans self* Do we get Luc Leroi as a hero? Because I would be into that. He didn't seem like a s
Keertana
May 12, 2013 rated it liked it
None of the books in this series have managed to compare to the first one for me, but I really enjoyed this. It cuts straight to the chase and is filled with sexual tension, not to mention Florand's language and engaging plots. Yet another feel-good contemporary romance that I wouldn't hesitate to recommend and if you haven't already started on this series, you're missing out on something delicious! ;)
Mandi Schreiner
Apr 12, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: contemporary
Enjoyed a lot. THe hero in this one is the one that falls in love first and is so worried about getting his heart broken. Yet he is still all beastly and arrogant. Nice combo. Review coming
Alexa
Mar 07, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2015
FIRST THOUGHTS: I do love a good romance. Throw in some chocolate and it's a winning situation for all! The swoons and the banter were so cute.
Saly
I want a Gabriel of my own. His words, his actions all made me swoon!The chemistry in this book is also off the charts
Karen
Apr 19, 2013 rated it really liked it
I've read a few books by Laura Florand now (The Chocolate Kiss, Turning Up the Heat) and the thing I love most about Florand's writing is that it's more like a immersive experience rather than just reading words off the page. You can taste the food, feel textures, smell flowers. Her writing is very evocative and makes me want to travel the world or eat a giant box of chocolate. (OK - so I always want to eat a box of chocolate but still…)

In The Chocolate Rose, Jolie Manon, a food writer, has co-w
Rachel Neumeier
Aug 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Am I slow or what? Because I didn’t catch that this story was going to draw on the Beauty-and-the-Beast fairy tale until about the third time Gabriel Delange thinks of himself as a “beast.”

After that the shoe finally dropped: A beast, a beautiful girl, her father who steals the rose from the beast, hello. I don’t want to make too much of this, because the fairy tale just echoes gently through The Chocolate Rose, so don’t pick this story up thinking it’s actually a retelling. It’s not. But the f
Jordan
Aug 01, 2013 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars.

So after finishing the second one at work yesterday, I then couldn't wait to get to the next one. Which I promptly read all last night.

I like so much that she has characters that can be brash and arrogant, but are humbled through the course of the book, but not in a bad way? It's not the traditional formula of bad guy with terrible manners meets the girl who changes him completely. Both our main stars have so many parts of them that make them who they are, and it's just refreshing to
Amanda Weaver
I love Laura Florand's books...all of them...but this one is my absolute favorite. Gabriel is perfect, so larger than life, vibrant, wonderful and hot! Laura Florand is brilliant at mixing romance and chocolate/ perfume/ food. I enjoyed sinking into the romance as much as I wanted to live in Gabe's kitchen. Love, love, love. I wish I hadn't read it so I could read it all over again for the first time.
Mel (thebookishmel)
2-2.5

The lowest rating I’ve given a Florand book! I think my biggest issue was how rushed it all felt. The other two had some more individual development and for this one, I feel like Jolie just couldn’t hold her own and it really disappointed me. Not only that, but her and Gabriel’s meeting was so quick and abrupt. I just wish there was more like there was in the previous two. I won’t be continuing this series.
Brandy Painter
Is someone had told me you could take "Beauty and the Beast" and rewrite it as a contemporary realistic romance involving pastry chefs I would have laughed. But I'll be darned if that isn't exactly what Laura Florand did. And you know what else? It's wonderful. I loved it, and this is my absolute favorite fairy tale. It is hard to impress me with stories that come from it.
JJ.
Aug 13, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I've tried twice to get through this book, but Gabriel's incessant comments that Jolie's asking for it and blaming her for his sexual aggression seriously rubs me the wrong way.

The rest of the books in this series are all kinds of wonderful and whimsical, but I absolutely can't stand the hero's misogyny disguised as romantic longing and "charm" in this one.
Nath
Apr 13, 2013 rated it liked it
Karen
May 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Laura Florand does it again! This title brings two of her series together-- the "Amour et Chocolat" series (which so far has been mostly Paris-based) and her new "La Vie en Roses" series (which I think focuses on a family of rose-growers in the French countryside). The author decided to self-pub this one, so it might be a little harder to get ahold of, but it's definitely worth it.

As with all her Amour et Chocolat books, this follows a specific formula: master chef/chocolatier + woman somehow as
Valerie
May 10, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle, ebook, 2013, romance
Sadly, not nearly as good as the others in this series. This was barely three stars for me- I almost gave it two, in fact. Maybe I'm being a little hard on this book but after the perfection that was The Chocolate Touch, this felt uncharacteristically flat and almost lifeless, which is so unlike the other books in the Amour et Chocolate series. This was quite a bit shorter than the other books too and you could feel that in the story. There was so much potential, especially in the complicated re ...more
Rachel
Jan 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Oh, Gabriel! Just take my heart and run with it! I so completely adore this roaring giant of a man with a beautiful marshmallow heart. Not only is he a master of the culinary arts and brilliant with chocolate (how could I resist?) but he is such a fragile creature in his own way. I wanted to take him in my arms the entire book and just hug him. He was so self-depricating and uncertain, so doubtful of his own heart... but so willing to fall in love. He is as beautiful as his heart.

Jolie was deli
Rhode
Sep 03, 2014 rated it liked it
2.75. There were bits of lyrical writing, beyond the standard raptures on food and Southern France. But the story was odd... Too rushed. Almost forced out, as though she had to come up with a story for her book deal and didn't let it grow inside of her first. You get the feeling he is far more interested in having the companionship of a wife, any woman who would have him, than in her in particular. Also, she's almost TSTL in her first visit to his kitchen, it's incomprehensible that a food write ...more
Razan
Feb 14, 2017 rated it liked it
I wasn't attached to the story and characters the way I was with The Chocolate Thief and The Chocolate Kiss. And to be honest, Gabriel and Jolie were both kinda annoying. I just wasn't drawn to it.
Ashley
Sep 13, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Boring

At first I thought I found a gem, but it turned out to be a mundane rock.

The hero, Gabriel is unique. While he is arrogant, he also insecure. He doesn't understand women and is constantly questioning himself. At first, it was refreshing, but it quickly became annoying. The heroine, Jo, is the daughter of his enemy, yet he 'gives his heart to her' as soon as he meets her. He just became very poor pathetic constantly chasing after her.

Jo was arrogant in the nastiest way. She boasts about a
Eri
Jan 02, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Eri by: Lisa

THIS BOOK.

GABRIEL IS LIKE AN ACTUAL ADORABLE PUPPY OMG.

I love love loved this one. I think it's my favorite so far, and I so throughly enjoyed the relationship and banter between the Gabriel and Jolie and they're such a great pair. I liked the reversal of the traditional "stereotype" of romance, as usual, Florand adds a subtle depth to her romance. SHE'S JUST SO GREAT.

Thank you Lisa for telling me to go for the Rose series. This is still part of the Chocolat one but it also sets up t
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• Live (Burnside, #1)
  • Charmed (Friends and Lovers Trilogy, #2)
  • Coming Home for Christmas: A Christmas in Paradise\O Christmas Tree\No Crib for a Bed
  • Can't Hold Back (Returning Home, #2)
  • Beyond Repair
  • Wake Up Married serial, Episodes 1 - 6 (Wake Up Married #1-6)
  • Black Widow Demon (Demon Outlaws, #2)
  • Fallen Angel
  • A Man And A Woman (The Lady's Tutor. #1.5)
  • Trouble Me (The Rosewood Trilogy, #3)
  • In Want of a Wife (Bitter Springs #3)
  • From This Moment On (Alaskan Nights # 2.5)
  • A Taste of Heaven
  • Return of the Bad Boy (Second Chance, #4)
  • Just One Taste (Recipe for Love #3)
  • Tamed (Fit Trilogy #2)
  • Her Favorite Rival (Mathews Sisters, #2)
  • The Corrupt Comte (The Bourbon Boys Quartet, #1)
Laura Florand is the international bestselling and award-winning author of fifteen books, including the Vie en Roses series (Once Upon a Rose), the Paris Hearts series (All for You), and the Amour et Chocolat series (The Chocolate Thief). Selected by NPR for their Top 100 Romance list, her books have appeared in ten languages, been nominated for RT Reviewers’ Choice Best Book of the Year, received ...more

Amour et Chocolat (9 books)
  • The Chocolate Thief (Amour et Chocolat, #1)
  • The Chocolate Kiss (Amour et Chocolat, #2)
  • The Chocolate Touch  (Amour et Chocolat #4)
  • The Chocolate Heart (Amour et Chocolat, #5)
  • Heart's Gift (Amour et Chocolat)
  • Practice (Amour et Chocolat)
  • The Chocolate Temptation (Amour et Chocolat, #6)
  • Sun-Kissed (Amour et Chocolat, #7; Snow Queen, #2)
“With aggressive come-ons, at least you knew where you stood. Holding hands, you got - hopeful.” 3 likes
“Never choose half of anything just to be safe when you have a chance to have something whole and perfect.” 2 likes