Start by marking “Blood Mate (Project Rebellion, #2)” as Want to Read:
Blood Mate (Project Rebellion, #2)

(Project Rebellion #2)

The only thing they have in common? Really... sharp... teeth.

Antonia Fielding has one goal: to escape the clutches of the Project. With the blood-virus infecting her system, though, a body bag is likely her only way out. Until her boss lets slip that he may just have a cure for her - if she brings in an escaped Lycan. Can she trust him? Now there's the million-dollar ques
Published September 17th 2013 by Samhain Publishing, Ltd.

To ask other readers questions about Blood Mate, please sign up.
Brutally Honest Mina Carter, the author, said 3 months ago: "I will be writing more in the project rebellion series. I have plots for both a lycan and a sara book, ju…moreMina Carter, the author, said 3 months ago: "I will be writing more in the project rebellion series. I have plots for both a lycan and a sara book, just need to decide which one to write first!"(less)

Start your review of Blood Mate (Project Rebellion, #2)
Sophia Triad
The second book in the series starts where the first book stopped.
The impossible love between a lycan and a blood is blooming and new concepts such as SARA zombies (self-aware reanimates) and lycan-blood hybrids are introduced.
Scientists continue to play gods and cage fights take place between species with the blessings of the real evil monster of the book, general Fitzgerald.
Civilization and humanity of course are going to hell.

Can I have some more? I need Sanders story!
Corey
Sep 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I received a free copy of this book in exchange for my honest review.

After reading and loving Ms Carter’s first book in this series Perfect Mate, I was VERY excited to read this second book in the series Blood Mate. Man, it was definitely worth the wait!! This book carries on from the first one with Darce and Toni. Darce is a werewolf and Antonia (toni) is a Blood (Vampire). It was VERY gripping. I loved that this book had tons of action and suspense. It made me sit on the edge of my seat throug
Dena
I loved the premise of this story about the government doing experiments and creating shifters, vampires and zombies plus zombies with arachnid DNA (how cool is that?). However I think with the multiple POV's I felt it was a little chaotic. I thought it kind of interupted the flow of the story. I loved the interaction of the characters. I also liked that Sanders and Richards are getting their stories next because of the whole gay military aspect. I loved also how Lillian from the previous book i ...more
Jessie Potts
Sep 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance, arc, paranormal
This is the second book in Mina's Project Rebellion series and the cover? *fans face* Antonia is looking to escape the clutches of the Project when she's told she can have a cure (virus is infecting her blood) if she brings in a Lycan. Said Lycan is Darce, a hot, hot, hot special forces soldier who unfortunately now realizes that the one person standing in his way of escape is his destined mate.

I liked Perfect Mate, but I have to say Blood Mate is better. Mina and her universe have matured in th
E.G. Manetti
The plot and characters are as good as book 1, but the fighting segments were extensive and gruesome to the point where I skimmed quite a bit.
Tawania Etheridge
Sep 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing

REVIEW:
Project Rebellion Book 2
By Mina Carter

Blood Mate is the second book in Mina Carter's Project Rebellion Series.

I was totally excited when I was offered this book for review. I hadn't even realized it was out yet. I'm a fan of Mina Carter books, and Perfect Mate is one of my favorites. I absorbed that book. That being said, I had high expectations with this sequel, and Mina didn't let me down.

Blood Mate was action packed, and filled with mystery, and suspense. It kept me on the ed
Pamela
The second book in the series is just as good as the first, if not better. Talk about kick-ass action from beginning to end. While there's plenty of sexual chemistry between Lycan (Darce) and Blood (Toni), the romance is not front and center here. No matter, it's still a great story that had me engaged right up until the end. What I like most about the series is that even though it's about lycans, vampires, and zombies, there's a lot more going on than meets the eye. It seems the never-ending ex ...more
Coyora Dokusho
This was actually extremely awesome. It had lots of action, true love, laugh-out-loud moments and some just really cool sh*t. So where's the next book? Also, I sleep now, six hours before I gotta wake up... XD

11/12/2014

I see a seeeeeequel~~~~ I pre-bought it on Amazon!!
Tana
Apr 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I loved ever minute of this book, very entertaining, lots of gore and blood. put me on the edge of my sit a few times. can't wait to see where Mina takes us next. ...more
Lyn Taylor
Absolutely loved this book even better than the first with two kick ass characters and non stop action. Can't wait for the next in the series. ...more
Janice Somers
I liked reading it.
This one is about a Blood soldier (vampire) and Lycan/soldier (werewolf ). The wolf soldier pack are now going up against the military to get their squad member. The only thing is he went willingly as he found his fated mate and she's a blood.
Punkin
Meh.

Glad I waited until it was .99¢ . I like the interaction and teasing between the guys but the over mush and detailed violence get old..
Lucinda
Apr 10, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great series!

So I had to buy the next two books available in the series. Darce and Toni are definitely amusing. He comes across as somewhat big and dumb but he's anything but. She seems cold and ruthless but she's not. It makes for a really fun story. A very good read!
Shirley Bennett
Feb 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love it! So fast moving
8o's
Aug 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: shifter
Blood Mate is the second book in Mina Carter's The Project Rebellion series. Each book can be read as a standalone book but the series does feature recurring characters. I actually read Blood Mate before Perfect Mate (first book in the series) and had no problem following the ongoing plot and recurring characters.

In Blood Mate, vampire Toni captures lycan Darce and brings him back to the compound. She was just doing her job but quickly realizes that was a huge mistake and that the government sh
Emily
Major Antonia “Toni” Fielding is a Blood, she wants to be human again but she has not seen any inkling of a cure, until now. When she ends up with the second in command Lycan who is just the type of specimen the doctor is looking for, she finds herself feeling torn between doing what she needs to be cured and placing the Lycan in harms way.

Special Forces soldier who was just another victim of the project, Darce Foster knows Toni is his mate. He is willing to forgive her because he knows that des
Tonya Boutwell Hauser
May 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Toni is a vampire. She follows the rules because she wants the vaccine that will make her human. Darce is the second in command of the wolf pack. He is funny and handsome. Toni catches Darce and turns him in.

But somewhere along the way she falls for the wolf that keeps telling her that she belongs to him. They save each other and bond.

I can't wait for the next book.
Carrie (Book Fairy) Fort
May 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
More PLEASE
Celibel Shadowsong
Romance, action, lycans, vamps, zombies and hybrids...wow!
I love it!!! I think it was better than the first one and I can't wait to read the next one. :)
Maura
Katherine
Mar 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Off to a running start after the first book this is a roller coaster ride from start to finish! With a focus on the next couple, the unusual pairing of a Lycan and a Blood, as well as an attack on the Project, this book is action packed and full of tension for who will survive. The heat building between Toni and Darce is great especially in the complicated situation of both their instinctual animosity and the fact of being on opposite sides as to how they are with the Project. Add in the unusual ...more
Theresa Derwin
Mar 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The second in the Project Rebellion series carries on from the first book. A team of soldiers who’ve worked for a military organisation for a while, believing they’re safe - are, until their bosses attack the hurt squad and inject them with something potentially lethal.
This series has mad scientists in the military experimenting on soldiers and turning them into Bloods (vamps) Lycans (werewolf) or BDs (Re-animates or zombies)
This squad is injected with the Lycan strand.
At the end of book one, th
Nikki Brooks
Darce is a an Alpha werewolf and determined not to become another statistic for the Project. But he has an unhealthy attachment to Antonia. She is not only beautiful and kickass but a Vamp to boot. And one of the elite mop up crew who go after the shifters who stray from the programme.

Toni is not all that she seems either. She is not a frosty ice maiden and has a tender heart - who knew Vamps had them!

I loved the way Darce was determined to have her as his mate but without being all I-man-you-wo
ManyHatMomma
Mar 09, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Intense action! Vamps, lycans, zombies, oh my!

One of our pack is captured by the Blood he feels is his mate in book 2 of the Project Rebellion series. This begins a series of intense action packed events that lead to the exposure of a deep dark underbelly of The Project. The heroes in this book are drawn to each other by some semi-mystical power that draws them- him with a mate pull, her with... I had to stretch to understand the pull she had towards him. None the less, it was an enjoyable book.
Ruby's Java Corner
Darce and Toni, mash up of blood and lycan love..

A other great story made deep into the Project base camp, while Hell is breaking loose allover, that turns out to be a whole 'nother level of sickness and more advanced players which many lycan packs and bloods were thrown in to fight to death, fight for their lives. Toni goes through changes as Darce learns to better control his wolf shifts. Darce and Toni hangs in there until they find a way out along with the freed lycans and bloods, advanced h
Stephanne88
Apr 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Book 2; Toni and Darce

This is the second book in the project rebellion series. I recommend reading the first before this. I read this book in one sitting and yes missed precious sleep to finish it. It was that good and am glad I bought it. I will be anxiously looking for the next to read! I have a new favorite series and will gladly pay to read the next book.

I usually read kindle unlimited books but seem to hav dread most of them and finally bought this series and I am glad I did! It has it all
Lexee Toste
Aug 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great read

This story was really well done. It picks up where the first one left off, which I would recommend you read prior to this one. You could probably read this one without having read the first but you will feel like you might be missing some things. The characters are fantastic and I love the world that Mina Carter has created here. It's different than anything I've read before and very well done! It pulled me in from beginning to end and I can't wait for that next book!
Janet Hendricks
May 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Super Story!

Toni and Darce shouldn't be together. She's a Blood. He's a werewolf. The two don't mix. They do have a lot in common, though. Both were once loyal human soldiers. Both were turned against their will by the Project scientists. Both feel a powerful attraction to each other. And, both are in danger. These characters provide very different approaches to situations. Darce is cocky, irreverent, and funny. Toni is serious, methodical and calculating. Both are deadly. I love them! Super sto
Jo Lindsey
Sep 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Farce and Antonia

This is book 2 in this series. Darce is Jack's second in command they are both Alphas. The leaders of the Project are not willing to lose Jacks squad and send another squad led by a female Vampire to bring them back.
She tracks and captures Darce. He let's get because he scents that she is his mate. She tries hard to resist his allure when she realizes her attraction to him. But she still turns him in. Then she has to figure out how to rescue him. Exciting plot.
Debra
Jul 30, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Blood Mate

This is the second book in this series. Here Jack's second in command Farce has been captured by the one place they ran from. Also his mate happens to be a vampire. How is that going to work. Ok if you've read the first book you know that they are not called werewolves or vampires. Bloods and Lycans. Will he get his mate? Will anyone else be able to connect with their mates?
« previous 1 3 next »

• Shift of Fate (Wolfguard Protectors, #1)
  • Thanatos (Guardian Security Shadow World #4)
  • Captured and Claimed (Savage Warriors, #1)
  • Chosen By A Beast (Hearts Of Stone, #1)
  • Ravished by the Crown Prince (Zunatorian Warriors #1)
  • Bound and Betrayed (Savage Warriors, #3)
  • Mission: Guardian Angel (Veslor Mates, #2)
  • Seduced by a Beast (Hearts of Stone #3)
  • Alien King Crashes the Wedding (Lumerian Knights #1)
  • Broken And Beautiful (Savage Warriors, #5)
  • Alien Breeder (Alien Invasion, #3)
  • Caveman Alien's Killer (Caveman Aliens #11)
  • Alien Alliance (Alien Invasion, #4)
  • A Lion's Pride
  • A Nurse for the Wolfman (Chimera Secrets #1)
  • Rescue Bear (P.O.L.A.R., #1)
  • Elf King (The Crystal Kingdom, #2)
  • Alien Prisoner (Alien Invasion, #2)
Mina was born and raised in the East Farthing of Middle Earth (otherwise known as the Midlands, England) and spend her childhood learning all the sorts of things generally required of a professional adventurer. Able to ride, box, shoot, make and read maps, make chainmail and use a broadsword (with varying degrees of efficiency) she was disgusted to find that adventuring is not considered a suitabl ...more

Project Rebellion (4 books)
  • Perfect Mate (Project Rebellion, #1)
  • Not Dead Enough (Project Rebellion, #3)
  • Broken Mate (Project Rebellion #4)

News & Interviews