Start by marking “Pride of the Lion (Hades' Carnival, #3)” as Want to Read:
Pride of the Lion (Hades' Carnival, #3)

Pride of the Lion

(Hades' Carnival #3)

"Once upon a time, a writer woke up in the middle of her own book "

"Hades Carnival, Book 3"

Araminta Davenport has arrived. After giving up her librarian job to be a full-time writer, all those lonely nights alone with her cat and her keyboard have paid off. She s been invited to participate in one of the biggest reader appreciation weekends as a professional author.

She can
Published July 1st 2013 by Samhain Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Pride of the Lion, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Pride of the Lion

Tina
Apr 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing
5 Stars!

Loved. Loved. LOVED ITTTTT!!!!!
description
Just letting you know right now, if you haven't completely loved the series so far, you should be wary of my review as I'm a bit biased since I've loved the series from the very beginning. Nonetheless, I hope you will still at least read my review!

Once again, in the plot's most basic form, it follows the same format as the previous two books. However, there are a few new elements to the story (aside from new characters) that make the book definitely worth r
Carrie (Book Fairy) Fort
Jun 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: hades-carnival
Favorite Lines “But I have no horses. We drove in your car. Are you sure you are okay? Did you hit your head?”

“Why does the sun rise in the east? Why do the birds sing?” He placed his hand over his heart. “These things just are.” He took another step toward her. “You are in my heart, Araminta Davidson, and there is no removing you from it.”

“Love her and do not let her go. The woman in your arms is a miracle. She gave her life for you.”

“An immortal booty call.”

“These are happy tears.” She sniffed
t'irla ~The Bookslayer~ t'irla's Talk Book Blog
2.5 stars..keep hoping they will get better
Cyndy Aleo
Apr 15, 2014 rated it did not like it
Reviewed for RT Book Reviews July 2014 issue: http://www.rtbookreviews.com/book-review/pride-lion
Ruth Robert
Aug 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ancient-magic
Love the author and the book, my best read this month.
He briefly closed his eyes and nodded. When he looked back at her, his eyes were gleaming. “Make no mistake. You belong to me. To us.” He held up his hand and it morphed into the powerful paw of a predator before her very eyes. “There is nothing either of us would not dno ñto protect you.”
Wow. That was a lot for a girl to take in. But one question remained. “Why?”
He shook his head and canted it to one side as he studied her. “Why does the sun
Pet
Feb 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
I'm finding this series incredibly delightful, it's fresh and different and an exciting read.
My only nit with it would be the instant sex. I'm by no means a prude, but I honestly think that level of trust given the stressful situation needed a leeetle bit more time before doing the nasty. However, it's still great fun to read and by the end of the book I'm fully on board with the characters being perfect for each other.
Nickcole
Dec 12, 2013 rated it really liked it
Stars: 4

Overall: I just want to start out by saying that I LOVE THIS SERIES and I'm so glad that i didn't let the Hades idea throw me off. The story has a perfect mix of sex, romance, horror and spiritual connection. So our story started out with Araminta on her way to a big book convention and she meets the bitchy/"nice" Luna so is an ultra star writer in her own right. The book does start a little slow, but once Araminta leaves the party and wanders into a room where they are getting ready to
Dina
The basic storyline was the same as the one from the previous books, but there were enough differences to make it stand on its own. There were also hints of better things to come in the next book:

(view spoiler)
MK
Sep 09, 2013 rated it liked it
This is the least I like of this series. At first I'm excited and curious about Araminta and Leander's adventure, but later on my excitement waned and instead replaced by irritation to the heroine. Things will be good if Araminta didn't assume many things and make bad decisions. The climatic part is somehow convenient for the couple, and becomes anticlimatic and a touch over dramatic. Araminta supposed to have the edge because she mostly knows what happened to the warriors, the 24-hour hunt, etc ...more
Brenda
Jan 18, 2015 rated it it was ok
I like the story line for this series. But I thought this one was kind of predictable. There didn't seem to be any plot twists or surprises. It is still a good story just not what I was expecting.
I'm hoping the wolf story has a little more surprises in it.
Bethany Lovell
Dec 29, 2013 rated it really liked it
Another good book in this series... things are not quite what they seem (I think) and loyalties are about to change (I think)... one more animal to free... can't wait for the wolf's story, as I love me some wolfie-boys! yum :)
Lorraine Orozco
Jan 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
really good read
Jessica Gomez
Oct 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I love this one. The big lion gets freed and doesn't fight his fate. You know, his mate. She's freed him and she is the one for him.
Greta Riordan
Aug 31, 2016 rated it really liked it
I loved this book. This time the Lady takes an active role in saving her Warrior. And Hades tries a different approach to getting them to choose sides. All in all a good book.
Natalie Wipf
Jan 23, 2014 rated it really liked it
I really like this series. They are quick reads but that's ok bcse they are packed with detail. Not recommended as a stand alone book. You need to read them in order.
Shelley
Nov 25, 2013
Hayley
May 11, 2019
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• The Unwanted (The FBI Psychics, #3.5)
  • The Vampire from Hell Returns (The Vampire from Hell #4)
  • Dragon Rising (The Hidden, #0.6)
  • Flight (Flight #1)
  • Rebel Obsession (All The King's Men, #4)
  • High Seduction (Adrenaline Search & Rescue, #3)
  • Seamless (By a Thread, #3)
  • Sevin (The Lords of Satyr, #7)
  • Snow White and the Vampire (The Cursed Princes, #2)
  • Unwanted Desire (Alpha Colony, #3)
  • Ocelot of Trouble (Shifting Crossroads, #8)
  • The Purest of the Breed (The Community, #2)
  • Cannot Unite (Vampire Assassin League, #12)
  • Something Waiting in the Dark (Demon Bonded #1)
  • Ghost in the Throne (Ghost Exile #7)
  • Honesty (Mark of Nexus, #3)
  • Knightly Love
  • Before the Storm (Storms of Life, #2)
Once upon a time N.J. had the idea that she would like to quit her job at the bookstore, sell everything she owned, leave her hometown, and write romance novels in a place where no one knew her. And she did. Two years later, she went back to the bookstore and her hometown and settled in for another seven years.

One day she gave notice at her job on a Friday morning. On Sunday afternoon, she receive

Hades' Carnival (7 books)
  • Night of the Tiger (Hades' Carnival, #1)
  • Mark of the Bear (Hades' Carnival, #2)
  • Howl of the Wolf (Hades' Carnival, #4)
  • Heart of the Serpent (Hades' Carnival, #5)
  • Flame of the Phoenix  (Hades' Carnival, #6)
  • Lure of the Jaguar (Hades' Carnival, #7)