Start by marking “Morning Light (A Day of Pleasure, #1)” as Want to Read:
Morning Light (A Day of Pleasure, #1)

Morning Light

(A Day of Pleasure #1)

His toughest battle is ahead the battle for one woman's heart.

A Day of Pleasure, Book 1

During Noah Harper's ten years as an Army Ranger, Tennyson Sharpe's letters were his lifeline. With each mail call, the bright and vibrant girl of his youth slowly became the woman of his dreams.

Now he's home and he's in hell. The problem? Tenn is his little brother's best friend. Claimi
Published July 1st 2013 by Samhain Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Morning Light, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Morning Light

Maureen ~Bitch Can Write A Book
I really enjoyed this book, my only complaint....need more NOW! Cora introduces us to great characters, characters that make you yearn for more. I cannot wait for her next book. Noah is HAWT, HAWT, HAWT and Tenn is smart and sassy, just how I like. I have a real thing for Chris so I hope his book is next and one of the best parts...she used my fave saying....If you like HOT SEXY BONE MELTING ROMANCE...READ, READ, READ!!!!!!
Anne OK
Jul 16, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2013-reads
Short and fast read by a new-to-me author. The premise of the story is that of childhood friendship growing into much more. There's lots of sizzling chemistry between the two main characters and their story is realistically portrayed. However, this is a short novella and there's so many questions left unanswered and details missing. Even the romance is "wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am" style.

Kudos to the author for a well-written product. Cost of $2.66 for such a short read seemed a bit out of line th
Ramblings From A Chaotic Mind
Short review: Loved this book! Tenn and Noah worked well off each other and the heat level was enough to keep all sub genres of romance lovers content and coming back for more. I always enjoy any romance book with a man in a uniform...or out of one :) and I especially love the stories where the hero and heroine have known each other for awhile before the book begins.

Although this one was short...it *IS* a novella, so that's to be expected. I look forward to more from this author!
Julie
Morning Light ( A Day of Pleasure # 1) by Cora Cade is a 2013 Samhain publication. I was provided a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

Tennyson was sixteen and Noah was nineteen when they last saw one another. Noah was an Army Ranger for the past ten years and Tenn has since grown up. She is still Noah's brother Chris's best friend and that makes things a little complicated for Noah. He's not really sure how things stand between Tenn and Chris . Are they still just friends or is
Eden Ashe
Feb 18, 2014 rated it really liked it
I thought this book was extremely well written, and I really enjoyed the characters. The sex was fantastic and HOT, and most importantly, I had no doubt that these two characters had what it takes to make it work between them.

Now the negative--I wanted more. She introduced so many little facets to their personalities that I was left disappointed the story wasn't longer. I didn't have enough time with them. And also...what was with Tenn changing the light fixture in the bar in the beginning? She
Amy Kemper
Jul 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing
With the talent of a seasoned author, Cora Cade's debut novel left me wanting more, now! The flowing prose, the very real, likable characters, and the sweet story made me love this book, and the sultry, sexy scenes have turned me into a Cora Cade fan for life! Hurry with the next story!
Casey
Feb 27, 2014 rated it really liked it
Review originally posted at Ramblings From This Chick

Morning Light is the first story in the A Day of Pleasure series by Cora Cade. This was a quick sweet and sexy read and I really enjoyed it. Even though this one is only about eighty pages, it really delivered on everything I had been hoping for. I usually find novellas pretty hit or miss, and Morning Light was definitely a hit. I was really impressed with Cade's ability to tell a real and believable story in such few pages, and I was left at
Michelle
Apr 11, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-received, e-book
This book had some humor and a lot of sizzle and plenty of romantic moments. I liked Tenn and Noah a lot, and the storyline was very believable. My one complaint is that everything seemed kind of glossed over. A little bit more detail, more in-depth dialogue and some more descriptive love scenes would have gone a long way toward making this an excellent book! Considering the length of the story, though, the author did a fabulous job creating a love story that was touching, romantic, sexy and ver ...more
Fedora
Aug 06, 2013 rated it really liked it
A very enjoyable debut read by Ms. Cade.

A friends-to-lovers/brother's best-friend-to-lovers story, which I tend to really like.

Ms. Cade does a good job creating interesting, likable characters--while at times, they made decisions that might have seemed cliched, Ms. Cade doesn't continue down that path. Tenn's not an entirely typical heroine, mainly in that she is willing to be a straight shooter and definitely isn't the retiring type. She does have moments of self-doubt, which add to her believa
Mandi
Jan 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
What's not to love about Tenn and Noah?! They're characters that you can't help but fall in love with. Fantastic read, hot and sweet and HOT! Can't wait for the rest of this series and anything else Cora puts out!
Heather Mckenna
Dec 31, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ragt
Super quick. Super hot.
Hollie
Apr 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This book is the tits!! I loved it from beginning to end! Cora Cade is a talented author who has a wonderful writing career ahead of her!
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
Slick‘s review posted on Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

Review copy provided for an honest review

2.5 STARS

I really wanted to like this book; synopsis sold me on it but in the end Morning Light missed on several levels and left me feeling flat.
Tennyson Sharp and Noah Harper have been in communication during his 10 years as an Army Ranger. For Noah is was a life line to normalcy and to Tenn it was a dream come true writing to the man she’s pledged herself to even though he doesn’t know it. But Noah
Michelle
Jun 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
It is not often you find a book with the right amount of sweetness, fun, and sexy. But this book has it all.

I finished it in one sitting ... didn't want to put it down.
Juliette Cross
Apr 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
What a terrific read! Full review to come...
Rae
Mar 21, 2014 rated it really liked it
very short. wanted more. very sexy!
Valeen Robertson (Live Thru Books Blog)
Morning Light is a short but sweet and sexy best friend's brother romance.

Tennyson has been in love with her best friend Chris' older brother, Noah, since they were teens. But he left to join the Army Rangers when she was 16. It's been 10 years since she's seen him and now that he's back, she's intent on getting him to see her as more than just a young girl, as his brother's best friend. She doesn't know that while he was serving his country, her letters kept him sane and kept reminding him of h
Jody
Mar 11, 2014 rated it liked it
From the moment I read this novella's synopsis I was intrigued as it contained many of my favorite themes. Morning Light shows the evolution of friends to lovers as well as friends remaining friends when life leads to change. There's moments of romance along with endearing friendships that kept me immersed in the story. From start to finish Ms. Cade crafted a fast-paced story full of sweet and steamy moments that put a smile on my face but left me a bit disappointed too.

With this being a novella
A
Dec 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I received a free copy of this book from the author in exchange for an honest review :) this was my second story from this author and it made me quite sure that I just adore her writing style :) it's a novella, so my review won't be very long, because I don't want to spoil you guys everything that happens in the actual story :) so I will instead concentrate a bit more on all my thoughts and feelings about it and why you should all give it a try ;) but first things first :)

Tennyson, or "Tenn" as
Jesey ~ Schmexy GIrl~
Morning Light by Cora Cade introduces us to Tennyson and Noah….se#y and steamy all day long…

Sweet small town girl Tenn has been pining after Noah, her best friend Chris’ brother and former Army Ranger for as long as she can remember. When he returns to their small home town the friends spend time together and Tenn’s feelings come to the surface.

Noah is a bit on the thick side (in more ways than one) and he doesn’t think that Tenn is attracted to him. When they finally realize what they are both
Aarati
Morning Light was a very short read. Being a novella that was a given, but I do wish it was a bit more longer. It was very fast and was over before you knew it.

Noah Harper is her best friend's brother. And Tennyson Sharpe has been in love with him for 10 years. Since Noah left to join the Marines, Tenn and Noah have had a steady correspondence via letters. They grew closer than when they were while Noah lived with his brother. Now that he is back, Tenn is gong to make her move. But how?

Noah Ha
Barbara
Aug 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
What a wonderful story. Cora Cade is a relatively new author to me. This is only the 2nd book of her's I've read but it was absolutely as wonderful as the first. Cora has a way of telling a story that will make you smile, down right laugh out loud at time but most of all they make you feel good (even if you'd like to shake some sense into the main characters at times).

Noah has come back from two tours in Afghanistan to run the family bar, The Drunken Duck. Tenn is the girl who he's always longed
Ashley
Mar 31, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good, quick

Tenn and Noah have wanted each other for years, but both are to scared to act on it. Bush thinks his brother, her bff, might want her and he would do anything for their happiness. Tenn current believe Noah would ever want a girl like her. Can they over come their obstacles??
Genevieve
I was gifted one book of this series and since I have the "Read book in Order" syndrome
I started with the first.
This book is short, straight to the point but full of love !!
I love short book when they contain enough info to keep you interested in the story
And this one did it. Author was able to write a beautiful love story whit not many words
Carla Krissinger
Aug 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
An enjoyable quick romance with a few hot scenes. Usually books this length don't provide enough information to understand the characters. But I feel there was just enough to be ready for the next one!!! I think I'm gonna like Chris's book the most!
Donnajo
Jan 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
New to me author.
Julie
Jul 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Hot steamy guy, hot steamy sex. What more do we need? Loved this book!
Heather Wehrenberg
Aug 23, 2013
Aug 04, 2016
« previous 1 3 next »

• The Christmas Wish (Heart of Montana, #2)
  • Heat Rises
  • Cole in My Stocking (Blue Collar Boyfriend #3)
  • Hounded (Going to the Dogs #3)
  • The Red Order (Order of the Seers, #2)
  • Stuck On You
  • Favorite Places (TroubleMaker, #2)
  • Painkiller
  • Playing the Maestro
  • Stranded with a Hero (Three River Ranch, #3.5, Lone Pine Lake, #2.5; Real Men, #2.5; Accidentally in Love, #2.5)
  • Never Too Late
  • Playing With Him (The Players Club, #0.5)
  • Sweet Cowboy Christmas (Sweet, Texas, #3.5)
  • Love, Sidelines, and Endzones (Cactus Creek, #5)
  • Pastels and Jingle Bells (Heavenly Bites #1)
  • Cowboy's Way (Weekend Cowboys, #1)
  • Whatcha Gonna Do With a Cowboy
  • Tea for Two

A Day of Pleasure (3 books)
  • Two in the Afternoon (A Day of Pleasure, #2)
  • Stay the Night (A Day of Pleasure, #3)