Start by marking “The Everything Parent's Guide to Emotional Intelligence in Children: How to Raise Children Who Are Caring, Resilient, and Emotionally Strong” as Want to Read:

Put your child on the path to success!

A child's emotional intelligence has been shown to be one of the strongest factors in whether or not that child will be successful later in life. A child with high emotional intelligence (EQ) has good self-control, resilience, and empathy--all factors that help build a foundation for a more grounded, satisfying, and successful life.

Published March 18th 2013 by Everything (first published January 1st 2013)

Be the first to ask a question about The Everything Parent's Guide to Emotional Intelligence in Children

Start your review of The Everything Parent's Guide to Emotional Intelligence in Children: How to Raise Children Who Are Caring, Resilient, and Emotionally Strong
Kaye
Oct 14, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed reading this book. I feel like it’s not only helpful for children, but also great for grownups. Just like learning a new skill or language, it takes lots of practice to improve our EI.
yuzheng
Aug 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
very helpful

very helpful for me and my friend. i will try these methods with my son. hope we can get better.
Chrissy
Apr 20, 2014 rated it really liked it
This book is easy to read because of its clear organization. The 12 components of a child's emotional intelligence each get their own chapter. This book is definitely getting me to think about how I approach my children's everyday struggles, how we handle activities, responsibilities, and conflict. It has a lot of answers to my own parenting questions. This is one of my preferred parenting books because of its informative nature.
Amanda
Sep 03, 2014 rated it really liked it
I think I need to read this book over and over. I really appreciated the information presented here about how to help your kids experience and process emotions in an empowering way. Hopefully, I can put some of these principles into practice!
Carol Kowalski
Aug 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Perfect lay-person terminology, great examples, enjoyed references for other books and topics to continue reading as well. Highly recommend to all parents and parents-to-be... Honestly, I'm pondering seeking a book on increasing my own EIQ, lol... ;) Excellent read.
Maria Spatafora
No One
Nov 10, 2019
Brandy clark
Feb 23, 2018

• Why Women Have Better Sex Under Socialism: And Other Arguments for Economic Independence
  • Scary Close: Dropping the Act and Finding True Intimacy
  • Å dykke etter sjøhester
  • Achtung Baby: An American Mom on the German Art of Raising Self-Reliant Children
  • You Are the Placebo: Making Your Mind Matter
  • The Bumper Book of Things That Nobody Knows: 1001 Mysteries of Life, the Universe and Everything
  • Brev til en ufødt datter: om frihet, sex og søsterskap
  • Dealing with Difficult People (HBR Emotional Intelligence Series)
  • Går du nå, er du ikke lenger min datter
  • Tenk deg smart
  • No Longer Human
  • The Art of Happiness
  • Barely Breathing (Breathing, #2)
  • Out of Breath (Breathing, #3)
  • Reason to Breathe (Breathing, #1)
  • Bully (Fall Away, #1)