Start by marking “Girl with Guitar (Kylie Ryans, #1)” as Want to Read:
Girl with Guitar (Kylie Ryans, #1)

Girl with Guitar

(Kylie Ryans #1)

New Adult. MA 17+ Content.

After Kylie’s dad dies in a freak accident, he leaves her with nothing other than her crazy step-mother, Darla, and the ability to play guitar. When Darla kicks Kylie out and she loses her job all in the same day, she hops a bus to Nashville determined to make her late father’s dreams come true. Waitressing and saving her pennies to record a demo,
Published May 22nd 2013 by Createspace Independent Publishing Platform (first published May 21st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Girl with Guitar, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Girl with Guitar

Alex is The Romance Fox
You know a book that leaves you feeling happy and with a smile on your face? Well, Girl with Guitar, the 1st book in Caisey Quinn’s Kylie Ryan’s Trilogy, is totally so one of those!

I am beyond obsessed with rock star stories and when I need another fix….I look for another book to keep me happy.
Although I am not exactly a country music aficionado….rock is more me…but there is one country song that I totally love…allright…I’ll tell you…Jolene by Dolly Parton!!! Country musicians…hum….do I luvvvv K
SueBee★bring me an alpha!★
 photo Free Re xB by sb_zpsiu4dgdux.gif

FREE on Amazon US today (4/30/2017)

Book 1 of 3. Series complete.
FREE: https://www.amazon.com/Girl-Guitar-Ky...
BLURB:
After Kylie’s dad dies in a freak accident, he leaves her with nothing other than her crazy stepmother, Darla, and the ability to play guitar. When Darla kicks Kylie out and she loses her job all in the same day, she hops a bus to Nashville determined to make her late father’s dreams come true.

Waitressing and saving her pennies to record a demo, her big break comes when she’s ask
Kristin (KC) - Traveling Sister
3 Stars

What an adorably sweet and tender read!

Many thanks to this awesome author for being kind enough to gift her story. You sincerely ROCK...Kylie-style!

Kylie Ryans is an 18 year old spitfire who has been somewhat beaten down by life, but is far from defeated. Armed with raw talent and fierce determination, she sets off for Nashville to pursue her dream of becoming a country music singer. With a strong mind and a sassy tongue, it seems Kylie wont let anything or anyone stand in her way...until
Christy
Apr 09, 2013 rated it really liked it
***COVER REVEAL 5/15/13***

photo 7e41613e-efc6-4d97-a9d9-6fbaa4165819_zps0e055f2a.jpg

photo 82a97d4b-42b9-49d7-a9e8-cb1ce25be869_zps3d3f4f0b.jpg

4-4.5 Stars

Kylie Quinn is not looking for love. She is looking to make it big. After Kylie’s father dies, she has nothing to keep her home in Oklahoma. It’s almost her 19th birthday, so she takes a bus to Nashville in hopes of becoming a country singer/songwriter.

photo 7845e6da-2a58-4ccf-a78f-798bcc7047d2_zps71f3ca3d.jpg
“Kid, you’re either crazy or desperate and you have to be both to make it here. I think you’re gonna do just fine.”Both, Kylie thought to herself. I’m both.

Running out of money and not able to find a job
Amy | Foxy Blogs
Apr 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Amy | Foxy Blogs by: Erica
FREEhttp://amzn.to/15PjPkJ
12/3/2014

4.5 stars! Thank you to the author for allowing me to read this book early. :) Great job for your first book.

Kylie is a girl looking to make it big in Country Music.
Trace is a well known Country singer who has a chip on his shoulder.

When the two of them go on tour together sparks fly both good and bad. "It's usually the people we care about that we hurt the most."

The world wants fun and shiny and new, but I save the best of me for when I'm alone with you
Alexis *Reality Bites*
SPOILER FREE REVIEW -mature content reader discretion is advised.
4 STARS out of 5
Genre:New Adult Romance

LOVED THIS BOOK! Do not miss out on this, READ IT, you will not regret it! I was literally kicking myself for having this book sit in my Kindle for weeks before I got to it! Yes, it was that G O O D!!!

photo 10fc292d-4ad5-40d9-b3c5-ed22f4cc3e6e_zpsb5bd9218.jpg

‘She should’ve just thanked the audience, hopped down off the stage, and resumed her regularly scheduled life. But she didn’t. Instead she made the colossal mistake of looking over into hazel ey
Erica
Apr 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Girl with Guitar is like a hit country song that I want to leave on repeat! EASY 5 Stars!

Smitten's Book Blog

So so so so soooo good!

I absolutely loved this book. It was totally what I was in the mood for and it hit every spot.

Let me start by saying that Kylie is the best female lead I have read in aaaages! At just eighteen, she is still young and vulnerable but she has such a great attitude. She isn't afraid to speak her mind and make heads roll when necessary and it was so refreshing.

"You probably have about fifteen minutes until some guy with deeper dimples and tighter jeans, if that's possible, c
Caisey Quinn
Apr 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-i-wrote
I'm the author, so I might be slightly biased. ;) But I hope y'all love Kylie's story as much as I do!!
Jennifer Kyle
description

Kylie Quinn’s heading for Nashville with her guitar, a few dollars in her pocket and some big dreams of making her deceased father proud by pursing a singing career in the country music industry.

Kylie's world is never the same after she takes the stage at open mic night at the bar she is currently working at. It seems that none other than Trace Corbin, the hot young country singer is in attendance and the two share the stage…

Things happen quickly for Kylie she finds herself on tour with Trace wh
Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾
Jun 06, 2013 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾ by: Vikki ~ *squee* lite ~

Trace Corbin was setting off all the sirens inside of her. Kylie was standing directly in the path of something wild and dangerous and a hell of a lot more powerful than her.

She didn’t know what he was looking for, but his eyes sought answers in hers that she didn’t have. She didn’t even know what the question was. She just wanted him. Like she had never wanted anything or anyone in her entire life.

After her father dies in a freak work accident, Kylie is left with nothing but her guitar and her
Taryn
This review is posted at My Secret Romance

Almost 4 stars

Girl with Guitar had me hooked pretty early on. It's smooth writing and moving plot made the story flowing nicely up until the very end.

Kylie has dreams of making it in Nashville. After her father dies, she's left with her horrible step mother who couldn't care any less about her.

Keeping her promise to her father, she leaves to set out to make her dreams come true. She doesn't have anything to her name other than her guitar and a few bucks
♥ Jx PinkLady Reviews ♥
May 02, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-for-review
a Rafflecopter giveaway

[image error]
**4 Sweet Trace ♥ Corbin Stars**

[image error]

Kylie is left with nothing when her dad dies in a freak accident, except her wonderful country music and her crazy, uncaring step-mother, Darla. She is all alone in the world, so she up sticks and leaves for Nashville, determined to make her dreams of being a country singer/songwriter come true.
★ Music is the most important thing in her life ★
Kylie is about to give up on her dreams....she is almost out of
E.M. Tippetts
Apr 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
My only complaint is that it's disgusting how well Caisey can write. When I found out this novel was a NaNoWriMo project, I figured I had to become friends with Caisey or else I'd hate her guts from jealousy. Fortunately, she's also a lovely person, as well as being a talented writer.

Kylie Ryans has nothing, which means she has nothing to lose, so when she gets the chance to tour with troubled, formerly platinum selling star, Trace Corbin, it's her one shot at achieving her dreams. The problem?
Elizabeth Lee
Apr 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Review coming soon! :-)

Had to include this for now!

Yodamom
Feb 02, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: free, yummy-men, romance
Sweet innocent Kylie just lost her much loved Dad in a horrible accident. He left her the evil stepmother who throws her out after accusing her of sleeping with her men toys. She takes what little she owns and heads to Nashville to fulfill a promise she made to her father. She is going to be a country star ! She need a job, a place to sleep and a place to play. After finding those she meets the biggest ego, drunkest player in town and there begins a new chapter on the country road of heartbreak ...more
Ashley
*The lovely Caisey Quinn provided me with a proof copy*

Y'ALL CAN KEEP YOUR ROCK STARS - I'LL TAKE COUNTRY STAR TRACE CORBIN ANY DAY OF THE WEEK!

Here’s a confession: I’m obsessed with country music. *Gasp! What?! No way!* I know, I know, who would have guessed? I live in Kansas. I’ve been in the country my whole life, minus my college years. I retweet waaay too many pictures of Luke Bryan on Twitter. And my blog tagline says I love beer and cowboy boots. It should be a no-fugging-brainer that I l
Rachel Harris
Recently, I was blessed to "meet" Caisey Quinn on Twitter and given the opportunity to read an advanced copy of her debut, Girl With Guitar. Whenever I read a book written by a friend, or someone who just genuinely seems to be a good person with a great heart, I get a little nervous. I so badly want to like it and am completely terrified that I won't. Thank goodness, this was not the case, for not only did this book meet my expectations, it exceeded them! Now I plan to stalk Ms. Quinn until she ...more
 ♥  Barb ♥
Apr 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing
*full review to come around May 15th* 4.5 STARS

Trace freaking Corbin was standing there with a guitar in one hand and the other to his eyes scanning the crowd for....HER
taylor swift photo: Taylor Swift taylorswift166.jpg

**ARC provided in exchange for an honest review. Thank you, Caisey!
Jacqueline's Reads
Shelves: arc

4 Stars

Girl with Guitar was a delightful, refreshing and slightly angsty read with a country music theme.

[Summary]

After the recent death of Kylie’s father, her step mom kicks Kylie out of the house and with no home to go to, Kylie moves to Nashville to pursue her dream as a country music singer. Trying to save money to record a demo, Kylie becomes a waitress. Trace is a famous country singer man-whore with a string of issues that is starting to hurt his career. Trying to revamp his image, Kyl
Jenn
May 28, 2013 rated it really liked it
I give this book 4 stars because:
1. It was fast paced read.
2. The drama didn't last that long.
3. The book sucked me in so much that I was at 80% before I realized how far I had read.
4. Even though parts of this book reminded me of other rock star books, it still had new elements I hadn't read about before.
5. A few times it provoked deep emotions out of me.
6. I like how the book ends.

Trace Corbin is sexy and can be very sweet and sometimes he has some sweet things to say as well. On the othe
Angela
Awesome awesome awesome book! Hot and emotional!
Re-read: July 2013
Still a beautiful read! I'm really excited for book 2 now and am scared bc I really want Trace and Kylie to work it out!!

First read: May 7, 2013
ARC courtesy of author Caisey Quinn in exchange for an honest review.

Holy freaking cow! This is on my favorites shelf for life! I will be reading this again and again. Trace oh Trace. Cowboys and country music what else can you ask for?? I was reeled in by Nashville, country m
Stephanie (Bookfever)
Apr 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Everyone!
Even though I know it's wrong, you turned my life into a country song and I keep playin' it, on repeat.

Le feels:

photo tumblr_inline_mlx6frXRAO1qz4rgp_zps0c091e2c.gif
 photo tumblr_lueedq6ik41qcsp5b_zps68c8757b.gif
 photo tumblr_makyze7EbU1qho4p4_zps48ea4573.gif

Ah, where to start? First of all, I love this author. Adore her. She is awesome. I read a paranormal book she wrote under a different name. Christabel by Suzanne Sullivan. I was blown away by it so I knew I wanted to read more books of her. Whether or not they are the same genre. I actually haven't read too mant New Adult books yet because my main genre has always been paranormal
Kim Person
Apr 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Girl with Guitar by Caisey Quinn has just made my all time FAVORITE read list ~ O.M.G. what a sweet read with enough gut clinching moments I was totally....................................................

while I was reading this one. Kylie Lou is just a girl literally with her guitar from Pride, Oklahoma ~ Kylie has lost everything & everyone that meant the most to her and her story had me.....................

well Miss Kylie has a dream and that dream stems from her absolute love of music an
Love, Holly Xx
May 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
**********ARC given in exchange for an honest review***********

As soon as I saw the synopsis for this book, I knew I had to read it. I was expecting it to be good and I wasn't disappointed. In fact, I was surprised by just how much I actually loved it!

The story focuses on 18 year old Kylie Ryans who dreams of making it as a Country singer. After losing her Mother at a young age, Kylie is brought up in a single parent household by her Father with whom she is incredibly close. As she gets older,
Anne OK
Apr 09, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2013-reads
Wonderful, marvelously written contemporary romance. Fun-to-read with a sassy, witty and determined heroine who didn't back down and stood strong and proud. Loved it! And of course, an added plus was the Oklahoma references!
Vikki ~ *squee* lite ~
Apr 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
4.5 oh-my-god-i-love-this-book stars

Ahhhhhhhhhh. When is the next book coming out?!? Must have! now!

Ok, a full gush-fest to come.
Kara
Apr 19, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a great story of a girl who uses her dreams to help herself.
I cried. I smiled. I enjoyed the book.
Stacy
May 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I WILL BE A TRACE CORBIN FAN GIRL!!!
Okay, so I was gifted this book on twitter, when @bookswinefood was being generous one evening... I was lucky enough to be on my TL at the right time. That being said, I GLADLY would have paid!! This book immediately became one of my favorites!

Kylie Ryan's is a young, beautiful talent just looking to find some new roots, and accomplish her dream of succeeding in country music.. She knows this is nearly impossible in Nashville considering its the shark tank of
Alaina
Trace Corbin and Kylie Ryans are my everything. Seriously, this book made me so happy because it's beyond even after the sad stuff.

Girl with Guitar is about a girl and some country music. Now I love music - I listen to all kinds of radio stations and genres. I'm open to anything and everything. Kylie has a dream to become a fantastic country singer. After a sudden and super tragic death in the family, she leaves her hometown to make sure her dreams come true. Well, she hopes.

She starts to work a
Elizabeth (Liz)
Jul 12, 2013 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars

Really, really enjoyed this one for someone who loathes country music:)
Jenni
***May 15th, 2013 Cover Reveal***

description

Release Date: May 22, 2013 - http://www.amazon.com/Girl-Guitar-Kyl...

Exciting news: anyone who buys the eBook during Release Week will be purchasing a special signed copy that won't be available after May 29th, on top of that ALL proceeds from 22-29 will be donated to the Red Cross Oklahoma Disaster Relief Fund, so if anyone was going to make a donation, you will also be getting a good book. You can't beat that!!!!

Let me just say that I adored this novel. At firs
Jacqueline
Sep 11, 2014 rated it liked it
I enjoyed this overall - I liked that Kylie was ambitious and talented and loved that Trace was the hardened, heavy drinking star on the wane. The chemistry between them was good and it made such a refreshing change for the female protagonist to be focussed on her career but drawn to Trace instead of obsessing over him to the exclusion of anything else. The pacing of their relationship worked really well too, it felt natural and not rushed.
This story started to go a little stale for me once they
Jaclyn
I received an ARC of this book from the fabulously funny Casey Quinn. I cannot describe how much I enjoyed this book--okay, well I can otherwise I wouldn't be writing this review! This is a wonderful story of courage and growth; about finding the courage to go after the things you want. We meet Kylie, and without getting mired down in her backstory we learn she's suffered a loss and essentially is left on her own. She's always had this dream to go to Nashville and make it big in country music. I ...more
Ji
Jan 02, 2014 rated it really liked it

I had this book for a really long time and I regret not reading it sooner!
The reason I gave it 4 stars and not 5 was because of Kylie.
At times I forget how old she really is, but there were also so many times I found her to be really immature!
She was such a strong character in the beginning of the book, but when she starts growing feelings for Trace...she just became unstable...
There were a couple of times when Trace did hurt her, but I felt like a lot of the times Kylie made her own scenarios
Erin
Apr 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
*****4.5 stars****

LOVED LOVED LOVED this story!!! Pretty much from the moment I read that first page, I couldn't break myself away from Kylie and Trace, and it kept getting better and better the farther into the book I got!! I loved Kylie the sweet but sassy struggling musician, Trace the delicious morsel of a bad boy with an attitude, and everything in between...wait, was there something else going on besides their friction and tension?? *sigh* But seriously, Kylie's slow rise to success as sh
Megan
Aug 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing
LOVE LOVE LOVE! Everything about this book was absolutely fantastic!
The characters are so complex, yet so simple at the same time. They may be famous... or in Kylie's case an up and comer, but they have serious issues that we see plastered all over the tabloids every week.
Kylie is omg such an awesome character! She is brave (I mean seriously? she took off to a different city to try and give her music a shot)she is also just a scared little girl.
Then there is Trace... wowie! He is an alcoholic
BethyMac
Apr 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Fabulous 5 Star Debut Novel from Caisey Quinn

photo GQGQUote_zps551e6a8e.png

A really great book friend read this book and raved so much about this book I had to move it to the top of my TBR list and so glad I did. From the moment I started this book I was hooked and could not put it down. And I still find it so hard to believe this is a debut novel for this author, her writing is just that good.

The book is written in 3rd POV, which I normally don't enjoy as much but after a few pages of getting used to it from 1st POV I w
Christine
May 08, 2013 rated it liked it
I could see this book as a movie. I wish that some of the songs in this book would be recorded. The songs had beautiful lyrics.

“I know you didn’t mean the things you said, know you didn’t mean to leave my bed. You said you couldn’t do this anymore, said you didn’t want to try. But I know you, and this is just another lie.”

Kylie just wanted to sing and make as a singer. The banter between Kylie and Trace grew the sexual tension. I liked that Kylie did not back down to Trace even if there was a p
Teri Beth
Apr 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Girl with Guitar was like a breath of fresh air.

In a sea of similar books, Caisey Quinn was written something that stands out in my mind. You've got a sassy small town girl with dreams, a tight jean wearin' country singer and tour bus. You think you know what's going to go down between these two, you're probably wrong most if the time. Neither of them ever did what I expected.

Kylie Ryans isn't going to let anyone, including Trace Corbin, get in the way of her dreams. She has a backbone and tel
Brooke
Apr 18, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: rocker-guys
4.5 Stars!! A sweet and sassy read. Represents us down home country folks to a tee.

First, I have to thank the author, Caisey, for allowing me to read her story. You're a rockstar!

Kylie Ryan is the kind of heroine you shout out loud for. Her spunky attitude and quick wit one liners had me gasping for breath a many times. She's the kind of girl who feels first and thinks second. Although life has been unpredictable and down right cruel to her at times, she still remains optimistic and strong will
Lauren at Live Read and Breathe Reviews
Apr 20, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: na, bought
Poor Kylie Ryan whose life is like a country song. With nothing left to lose Kylie makes her way to Nashville to make her dreams come true.

On an off chance meeting she comes face to face with Trace Corbin. Country star bad boy!

This meeting sets both of the careers in motion. Some for the better some maybe not.

Together they are both repelled to one another and drawn to one another.

For Kylie she has had to grow up fast but her naivety causes her to be emotional and impulsive which makes her a bit
Mara De Guzman
***5 Beautiful-Emotional-Guitar-Slinging-Cowboy-Boots-Wearing Stars!!!***

Not even 2nd page on this book and I was already feeling emotional. I was a Daddy's girl and reading Kylie talk to her Dad and say goodbye hit close to home. No matter how much I wanted to stop reading (because hello, who wants to keep reading a book that makes you cry on the first paragraph at 10PM?), I couldn't. I wanted to read more on what Kylie was about to do, how she's going to keep her promise to her Dad, what would
-y.a
May 05, 2013 rated it really liked it
Let me just say the character Kylie got a fire in her belly. She learned from the mistake she made and apologized for it. She was real, likable, a girl with a heart of gold. I would go to her concert even if I knew nothing about country music:)

Trace was gorgeous, didn't do relationship, and had his own demon in his past.

The novel was from Kylie's POV. I did not feel Trace overshadow Kylie at all. Kylie was THE star in the story, driving the plot to a sweet end. No insta-love. Lots of witty dialo
Jan 15, 2018 rated it liked it
3 Stars

Challenges:
♥ By the Numbers Quarterly Challenge - 3 Words
♥ What To Read in 2018: Task 1 - Read a book off the book shelf of a group that you are a member of.
♥ 2018 A-Z Location Challenge - N (Nashville, Tennessee)
♥ Bookopoly - Roll #1 - Book Ban
♥ Anti-Alphabet Challenge: B
♥ 2018 Where Are You Reading - #43 Tennessee
Nicole
Jun 20, 2018 rated it liked it
I love girls that can play guitar, or really any instrument. And I love me some country music. Kylie was a very likable character. She was smart and fun and she was determined to make her dreams come true after a tragic accident. I love that she doesn’t put up with Trace stuff. Trace cannot stand her at first and doesn’t want her to open for him. But of course they end up completely and utterly attracted to each other. Trace is the bad boy that Kylie shouldn’t and doesn’t want to fall for but sh ...more
Sep 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I received this book for an honest review!

This book was amazingly written, fast-paced, and entertaining!

The book starts off with Kylie flat out of luck.....Her dad is long gone, his wife is not the mother Kylie needs, nor wants.

She decides with nothing left, she will pursue her dream in Nashville. When she gets there, it's no where as easy as she thought to land a job, and work or her music career as she planned. She has blown through almost all the money she had saved out for her dad graveston
New Adult Book Club: This topic has been closed to new comments. #79 - Girl With Guitar by Casey Quinn 95 238 Oct 16, 2013 08:26PM
ARCs of Girl on Tour available 2 39 Jul 22, 2013 02:20PM
Making Connections: Win an Ebook copy of Girl with Guitar 1 13 Jun 10, 2013 09:21AM
The Next Best Boo...: Girl with Guitar Giveaway 1 17 Jun 02, 2013 07:46AM
Book Haven: Girl with Guitar Giveaway 1 3 Jun 02, 2013 07:44AM
Bookworm Bitches : Girl with Guitar Giveaway 1 10 Jun 02, 2013 07:43AM
  • Get Me (The Keatyn Chronicles, #6)
  • Crazy (Rock Me, #3)
  • Tracks (Rock Bottom, #1)
  • Dear Rockstar (Dear Rockstar, #1)
  • Never Say Never (Never Knights, #1)
  • Blessed Tragedy (Blessed Tragedy, #1)
  • Picture Perfect
  • Mogul (Groupie, #3)
  • Kiss This (The McCallans, #1)
  • Heartstrings (Rock Star Romance, #1)
  • Rock Hard Love (Rock Hard, #1)
  • Exclusive Access (Rock Arrangement, #3; The Lonely Kings, #1.3)
  • Talania: A Trip down Memory Lane (Lost Love, #1)
  • Freeing Asia (Breaking Free, #1)
  • Storm Warning (Broken Heartland, #1)
  • Tolerance (Heart of Stone, #2; NSC Industries, #3)
  • Release
  • Give Me Something (Give Me Something, #1)
Caisey Quinn is the bestselling author of thirteen contemporary romance novels published both traditionally (HarperCollins, Simon & Schuster, Penguin/Random House) and independently. She is the mother of two little ones and a wife splitting her time between Nashville, TN and a small town in Alabama.

Her latest novel: Blood & Lace, an edge of your seat dark romantic thriller is available no

Kylie Ryans (3 books)
  • Girl on Tour (Kylie Ryans, #2)
  • Girl in Love (Kylie Ryans, #3)
“You're too damn beautiful for your own good.Hell,you're too damn beautiful for my own good” 35 likes
“Trace Corbin should come with a warning label: highly addictive.” 18 likes