Start by marking “Memoirs of a Dangerous Alien” as Want to Read:
Memoirs of a Dangerous Alien

Memoirs of a Dangerous Alien

Dominic is a normal teenager living in the 21st century until he meets Fenella, the alien next door. To Fenella, Dominic is the alien, and when he is caught up in the fight between the UCP and the outlawed Black Star Gang, he becomes a dangerous alien with a mission to save Earth from destruction.
Published by Dolphin (first published April 30th 1996)

To ask other readers questions about Memoirs of a Dangerous Alien, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Memoirs of a Dangerous Alien

Start your review of Memoirs of a Dangerous Alien
Nika Shoot
Aug 17, 2012 rated it really liked it
I give this book so high a rating because I remember reading this maybe 4 times when I was a kid and I ADORED IT! Had so much fantasy and imagination about it!!! I believed in this world and even wrote sequels to it!! What a great book for children!
( not great written, no masterpiece but all I remember is how i felt reading it and that's the most important)
One day I will read it again when feeling nostalgic ;)
Matthew Samuels
Jul 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This was one of my favourite books when I was younger, and revisiting as an adult, it holds up. Dominic, a resident of a sleepy Somerset town, is dragged into a rebellion against the brain-washing agenda of the United Council of Planets, as he learns that his new neighbours are not what they seem.

I’m always amazed at how much this book manages to convey in just a few pages, whilst still building believable, likeable characters. Dominic and his friend Peter are very solid teenagers with their own
Mark
Jul 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
I'm trying to work my way through some books I've had for years but never bothered with when I was younger, and this was the latest. Although I think I would have enjoyed it more as an early teen, I can still appreciate its decent storyline and overall charm. It's a fairly simplistic and clichéd view of aliens but it works, especially for the younger audience, and there are various twists and turns to keep it entertaining. Will retain it for the next generation when they reach the right age and ...more
Sleepey
Jan 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-as-a-kid
This was one of my favourite books as a kid! A cozy bit of wish fulfilment for an unremarkable child who just started to notice how messed-up the world is. Details are a bit fuzzy these days (I'll dig it out for a re-read eventually) but the found-family connection Dominic makes with the gang will always stick with me.

That and the neat sci-fi gadgets, of course. Who wouldn't want a pair of jetpack heelies? Woosh
Sedna Dragon
Jan 30, 2021 rated it really liked it
This is a good read and I loved this so much that I have read this multiple times. It is a good read for any sci-fi fan. So you will love this and the cheaters all act like the age that they are. So give it a read!
RJC
May 08, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: youth, scifi-fantasy
Amusing book, set from a child's point of view ...more
Liam Smith
May 27, 2015 rated it it was ok
In some ways I feel I judged this book a little unfairly.

Many years ago, when I was in my teen years (possibly even earlier) my mother got the audio book version of this on tape (ye olde cassette tapes) I heard part of it as she played it in the house one day and after hearing a segment (right near the end) I thought it sounded cool but never sought out to hear the rest.

Until years later (I'm now 31) I stumbled it across it on audible. I'd actually thought about the small part of this book I'd h
Becka
Jul 23, 2010 rated it liked it
i picked up this book expecting it to be terrible- the title barely registered as my kind of book, but i was wrong.
The story is fast paced and contains lots of twists as well as a strange element of romance! It is based around a young boy who is interested in the new girl at school with her strange father and perfect knowlage of everything.
Definatly a book worth reading.
Emilie Dalby
Oct 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: sci-fi
My first time reading this was something close to 14 years ago, and a Danish translation too. I liked it so much then that my very first tattoo was inspired by the Black Star Gang logo, and rereading it in English had by no means diminished the experience. I liked the story as a teen, and I find myself loving the language as an adult.
Jenni
Oct 14, 2007 rated it really liked it
Shelves: sci-fi
I loved this book, and I've forgotten mostly what it's about, so I'm going to reread it fairly soon. I've now started rereading it, and it's just as good as I remember it, perhaps even better. ...more
Lindsay
Jul 27, 2011 rated it really liked it
I have great memories of my dad reading this to me. Not incredibly well written, but very original and imaginative.
Rikke Grave
Oct 30, 2014
Nicola d
Oct 28, 2011
« previous 1 3 next »

• Sorceress (Witch Child, #2)
  • The Bone Witch (The Bone Witch, #1)
  • Raybearer (Raybearer, #1)
  • Small Steps (Holes, #2)
  • Mudras for Modern Life: Boost your health, re-energize your life, enhance your yoga and deepen your meditation
  • Emotional Sensitivity and Intensity
  • The Galaxy, and the Ground Within (Wayfarers, #4)
  • 東京喰種トーキョーグール:re 7 [Tokyo Guru:re 7] (Tokyo Ghoul:re, #7)
  • Insomnia
  • Inkheart (Inkworld, #1)
  • Charlie and the Great Glass Elevator (Charlie Bucket, #2)
  • 東京喰種トーキョーグール:re 8 [Tokyo Guru:re 8] (Tokyo Ghoul:re, #8)
  • The Dragon Charmer (Fern Capel, #2)
  • 東京喰種トーキョーグール:re 9 [Tokyo Guru:re 9] (Tokyo Ghoul:re, #9)
  • Trillions
  • Lost in a Good Book (Thursday Next, #2)
  • The Witch Queen (Fern Capel, #3)
  • Queen of the Slayers (Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 7-8, #7)