Start by marking “Bitter Blackout” as Want to Read:
Bitter Blackout

Bitter Blackout

Mirrors of darkness. Love found in the arms of an enemy. Magic users who defy death. The silent corridors of a temple. A young woman runs the gauntlet and fights against her own kind for survival. All of these can be found within the realm of Bitter Blackout.

Featuring works from cutting-edge authors: N.A. Foy, Lynn Todd, Dori Klaproth, Shelly Schulz
Paperback, paperback, 70 pages
Published March 19th 2013 by Darq Deviant Press (first published March 18th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Bitter Blackout, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bitter Blackout

Shelly Schulz
Apr 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
There are three poems by N.A. Foy. The first being Embrace the Shadow which is my favorite out of the three. The second poem in the anthology is The Temple and his third poem closes out the work with Grasping the Remains of a Dream. I'm not someone who reads a lot of poetry, but I really enjoyed the three that were featured.

See the full review on my blog
Lynn Todd
Apr 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
It was exciting to be involved in this project and thoroughly enjoyed the works of the other authors involved.
Tanya Kay
Apr 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Wtg!!
Alina Andreushkina
Dec 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is an interesting anthology of poems and short stories. All of the short stories have a fantastical slant to them, and all felt like excerpts of larger works, which I would happily keep reading, if given the chance. The poems were characterized by vivid imagery, which is an impressive feat, given that it was accomplished in a relatively small number of words.
It is difficult for me to pick a favorite out of the short stories. I enjoyed them all equally, although for different reasons. Tiama
A.R. Von
Apr 08, 2013 rated it really liked it
Three poems and two short stories are what make up Bitter Blackout. My favorite of the anthology is (hands down) The Harrowing. It’s an exciting story of love, loss and a great journey. The very strong and realistic characters and a very well written paranormal short that I did NOT want to end! I hope one day the author will continue it so we can see where Garett and Alice end up in the long run. I’d also like to know if Alice got her revenge AND if the awesome Riven was truly happy with his pac ...more
Debbie
Apr 08, 2013 rated it really liked it
My daughter's first foray into publication, and while I really enjoyed her story, I did enjoy the rest of the anthology. There's poems and a few other short stories that were really intriguing and amazing.
Lauren
May 05, 2013 rated it really liked it
This is a collection of short stories. I really enjoyed the elf story at the beginning. I wouldn't consider these poetry as others have. But it's a great short read. WaAR
Denise Always Awry
Apr 10, 2013 marked it as to-read
I received this book from one of the authors, who is a friend, to review on my blog. I am looking forward to reading the stories!
Sherman Sweet Sr.
Aug 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I am not one that usually reads very much but, I started to read Bitter Blackout and it was so interesting that I could not stop. I enjoyed this book tremendously and would recommend it for anyone to read. Tiamae was one of the most interesting, the description of the characters was so descriptive as I was reading I could picture them as if they were performing a motion picture in my mind and the plot was so intense that I was unable to put it down. As far as all of the stories and poems I could ...more
Dawn McDonald
Nov 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I read the Story written by Lynn Todd, Tiamea. What a wonderfully Interesting story of suspense, danger, love, heartbreak. It kept my attention all the way through. I would recommend this to all who love Fantasy. I am excited to see where this story takes me next...
Dori Klaproth
Apr 15, 2013 rated it really liked it
As an author within this anthology I must say. Excellent work to all involved.
R.A. Sears
Apr 15, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  (Review from the author)
Vivek