Start by marking “Francis, Pope of the New World” as Want to Read:
Francis, Pope of the New World

Francis, Pope of the New World

After Pope Benedict XVI's historic renunciation of the papal office in February 2013, the College of Cardinals elected Jorge Mario Bergoglio -- now Pope Francis -- as the new leader of the world's estimated 1.2 billion Roman Catholics. But who is this new Pope -- really?In "Francis, Pope of the New World," Michel Cool surveys Pope Francis's journey to the papacy, his convi ...more
Published August 31st 2013 by William B. Eerdmans Publishing Company (first published August 22nd 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Francis, Pope of the New World, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Francis, Pope of the New World

Start your review of Francis, Pope of the New World
Kristen
May 13, 2014 rated it liked it
I was very interested to learn more about Pope Francis, about whom I knew next to nothing. The only problem is, after reading the book, I still felt like I knew next to nothing. I understand that the book was quickly published after the election to get some information about the new Pope, but it felt disjointed and political, rather than spiritual or religious.

The book targeted an exclusive audience of those who were either Catholic, or intimately aware of Catholicism and its lengthy political,
Derek Emerson
Nov 19, 2013 rated it did not like it
There are many books out about Pope Francis -- I would look for one other than this. I was disappointed in what is clearly a hastily thrown together book. The excerpts from his speeches are the highlight, but they are short and mainly taken from the Vatican website. The rest appears to be cobbled together from other previously published accounts, so you get some repetition and surface-level view of the Pope.
J. Robin Whitley
This is an excellent look at the new pope from various points of view. Would love to revisit this book in the future to see how Francis compares to the expectations. While at times repetitive, the repetition comes from different people in different vocations. I think this shows that Pope Francis has a consistency rarely found in public leaders.
Dre McDermott
Dec 26, 2014 rated it it was ok
Disappointed. More information on demographics, history, social condition and church perspective than substance on the Pope himself. Boring and uninformative. Not a biography.
Ginny
Jan 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
A review of everything that we have read about this wonderful man.
Nathan Brasfield